Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Does changing crosses actually do anything? I've tried whipped, low, mixed. Nothing seems to make any difference.

Yeah I can't say I've noticed any difference from crossing settings. I've got it on low crosses but every wide player, regardless of time and space etc, just hoists a slow lofted ball either to the penalty spot or back post for my midget forwards to get outjumped by the defenders. I think I've seen maybe 3 or 4 actual low crosses and they were more like passes than a genuine crossing situation.

Have to say I've not noticed an issue with direct free kicks however. I see a fair few even on Key highlights and I've scored 4 or 5 in my current season I reckon. Not as common as FM19 but that is no bad thing, the balance on these has been fine for me.

I've been playing fm20 since the beta came out in which it was AWFUL to say the least but the subsequent patches have made the game a little bit tolerable but it is still flawed imo and I don't really enjoy playing it. I really think SI have downgraded from fm19, would love to know if anyone else thinks the same.

I'd imagine most headers aren't converted; even from open play most probably have a low xG but it's frustrating to see so many headers from good positions go over the bar. In my experience there's probably 3 or 4 free headers a game which fly over the bar, not saved, not poor contact off the ball (seemingly), not marked too tightly but just frustratingly bad. 

hace 1 hora, Tiger666 dijo:

Does changing crosses actually do anything? I've tried whipped, low, mixed. Nothing seems to make any difference.

I have the same feeling, have tried both low and whipped as my strikers are fast but small sized and my wing players totally ignore that setting.

Edited by Icy

One thing that I would like to see in future fms is a possibility too change ME settings yourself. I'm not talking graphical settings here. I mean settings for gk reactions, pass accuraccy shot precision and the list goes on. This way you could fine tune the game yourself to your liking. 

I think the match engine is a downgrade, everything outside the matches is great. There are still a huge amount of bugs outside the match engine that need attention though.

Edit: This was in response to the question "Do you think FM20 is a downgrade" which has now been merged to this thread.

Edited by Tiger666

19 minutes ago, Icy said:

I have the same feeling, have tried both low and whipped as my strikers are fast but small sized and my wing players totally ignore that setting.

I am afraid that it's not only crossinG. The way I feel playing FM this year, is generally team and personal intructions seem to be ignored by players. 

Yeah, got to say I have now stopped too until there is another patch. The game just isn't fun. It isn't just the obvious bugs (laser guided long balls and 1v1's) but it doesn't seem to matter what instructions you set your players they just do as they want. 

PPM's and PI's seem to make no difference. The games are all repetitive and as someone else said I can tell almost exactly what is going to happen. It's a shame, have put about 270 hours into this so far, but I just can't enjoy it. Hopefully a patch or two will sort it out but got to be honest and say I am not hopeful at this point that SI can rescue this. 

Edited by davehanson

46 minuti fa, maestro31 ha scritto:

I've been playing fm20 since the beta came out in which it was AWFUL to say the least but the subsequent patches have made the game a little bit tolerable but it is still flawed imo and I don't really enjoy playing it. I really think SI have downgraded from fm19, would love to know if anyone else thinks the same.

IMHO there is a solution to make the game fun to play right now:

- use as ME the one of 19.3, only adapted (if necessary) to new animations;

- give us the option to play without having chairman active on transfer market, since especially during takeovers (but not only) it's often a game breaker;

- focus on tuning new features such as vision, which have a potential but at the moment bring only frustration.

Am 18.12.2019 um 11:29 schrieb Neil Brock:

Realistically the match engine is not an easy area of the game to improve and given the amount of work and testing required to make sure any changes do as we expect and don't have any knock-ons, we're going to need time. Whilst the old adage of never say never, with the holidays approaching it's unlikely we'll be able to release any further changes to the match engine until the New Year.

@Bakiano

When there is no new ME there is also nothing to put into a ME Beta.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb WilltheWolf92:

Why is the crowd colour still so messed up, started a topic about it like one month ago, nearly got any answers and yesterday you released an update and still didn't changed this, this is getting pathetic sorry.

What exactly do you mean with crowd colour messed up?

3 minutes ago, KUBI said:

What exactly do you mean with crowd colour messed up?

Like more than 50% of the crowd wearing orange or brown jackets, like if you have a team with, for example blue colours, half of them wear brown or orange jackets.

Edited by WilltheWolf92

6 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

This match engine seems a lot more rigid in general to me. I'm noticing the same patterns of play all the time, to the extent I can tell what's going to happen. Wide player dribbles length of pitch, past my full back, turns towards goal and crosses, my defender heads it to the edge of the area, attack starts again. etc etc. The game just doesn't flow like it did in FM17 for example, there seems to be a lot less room for creativity and individual skill.

Completely agree but I think the ME for 17 wasn't "realistic" which meant enjoying the game without the real consequences we'd see IRL. I love 17 dont get me wrong, i think it's the best but the stats clearly show the dribbles being too high or key passes being high/made by players you don't expect. 

I didn't like 19 but I did feel the stats were realistic in a sense of passing and tackles and other stuff just not the animated way to show what happens IRL and from the demo (only thing I've tried for 20) it seems its the same just with other issues. Okay 17 might be a different ME or the tweaks were crazy showing drastic results- Middle play was beautiful to watch but could that make it unrealistic and "too" fluid?? thats for the SI to say/prove but thats the feeling I got after 19 and 20. So now that the middle play is somewhat better than 19 but not as good as 17 it shows a little more but the other ME issues kinda ruin the experience and same repetitive ways to score/conceed. 

I think previously in the beta it looked very promising but a tweak here and there seemed to take it off edge *allegedly* or they used a different ME (heard they had like a few going at a time to replicate a better system?? correct me if wrong), there was some stuff wrong but the cut backs, the fluid play, the crossing to SOME degree was good and barely saw the side shooting I think until the 1st official patch. It seems the ME for the beta's was good for 19 and 20 but a tweak or alot of changes made it what it was/is.  

vor 1 Minute schrieb WilltheWolf92:

Like more than 50% of the crowd wearing orange or brown jackets, like if have a team with, for example blue colours, half of them wear brown or orange jackets.

More variety is more realistic. You don't see in stadiums just people wearing the clubs colours. This is usually just in the fan zone. Could be probably better balanced but I think this is an improvement in general.

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

More variety is more realistic. You don't see in stadiums just people wearing the clubs colours. This is usually just in the fan zone. Could be probably better balanced but I think this is an improvement in general.

More variety is indeed realistic but not 50% wearing brown or orange, nearly seeing this in any stadium, maybe if it was black and white instead of brown and orange it would be a better view. But no hate just want to say i find it a bit weird.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Bakiano:

I dont believe it. It has passed 17 days from releasing 20.2.0 update.

No way they didnt make at least two new MEs in this time.

That's what the informations are atm. New ME is the wrong term. They fix and tweak things until they think they have a balanced ME, which could be tested or released.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb WilltheWolf92:

The colour of my team is black and blue... To be honest, this don't look more realistic than the crowd in FM19?

unrealistic.png

I think the seats colours in the stadium have also an influence.

44 minutes ago, BigV said:

Completely agree but I think the ME for 17 wasn't "realistic" which meant enjoying the game without the real consequences we'd see IRL. I love 17 dont get me wrong, i think it's the best but the stats clearly show the dribbles being too high or key passes being high/made by players you don't expect. 

I didn't like 19 but I did feel the stats were realistic in a sense of passing and tackles and other stuff just not the animated way to show what happens IRL and from the demo (only thing I've tried for 20) it seems its the same just with other issues. Okay 17 might be a different ME or the tweaks were crazy showing drastic results- Middle play was beautiful to watch but could that make it unrealistic and "too" fluid?? thats for the SI to say/prove but thats the feeling I got after 19 and 20. So now that the middle play is somewhat better than 19 but not as good as 17 it shows a little more but the other ME issues kinda ruin the experience and same repetitive ways to score/conceed. 

I think previously in the beta it looked very promising but a tweak here and there seemed to take it off edge *allegedly* or they used a different ME (heard they had like a few going at a time to replicate a better system?? correct me if wrong), there was some stuff wrong but the cut backs, the fluid play, the crossing to SOME degree was good and barely saw the side shooting I think until the 1st official patch. It seems the ME for the beta's was good for 19 and 20 but a tweak or alot of changes made it what it was/is.  

In beta before full game there was awful lot long side to side passes. Now its fixed but st's cant pass :D

Edited by Pasonen

2 часа назад, Mr U Rosler сказал:

As a supporter of the game it pains me to say it, but the ME is in a poor state

Sounds funny and strange in some meaning. I guess all people there are supporters of this game, and if we criticize its because we care :) 

vor 14 Minuten schrieb ShuichiAkai:

well, so we can find some other things to do in the Christmas holidays, the game it's actually unplayable

This game can be played in such various ways that it will only be "unplayable" for some, but not in general.

Considering who started working at SI last year everything makes sense now. Different COO, different strategy. No but really I think SI should release a developer manifest to make a lot of issues right, because the devs are now (again) fixing bugs without communicating a single bit of it. God knows what will happen when FM 20 gets released, same story again? I won't even buy it seeing this. 

I think this thread should be closed now.

The game is out some are happy, some are not.

I think this thread attracts mainly the not happy and therefore presents a distorted view of the game.

Until a new patch is released.

This thread should be closed.

4 minutes ago, Os said:

I think this thread attracts mainly the not happy and therefore presents a distorted view of the game.

I think it would be damaging to attempt to extinguish the voice of those who are respectfully putting forward their very legitimate concerns about certain aspects of the ME. 

Edited by janrzm

• Administrators
2 hours ago, emil_sbn said:

One thing that I would like to see in future fms is a possibility too change ME settings yourself. I'm not talking graphical settings here. I mean settings for gk reactions, pass accuraccy shot precision and the list goes on. This way you could fine tune the game yourself to your liking. 

FM is a simulation, not an arcade game.

Just now, janrzm said:

I think it would be damaging to attempt to extinguish the voice of those who are respectfully voicing their very legitimate concerns about the ME. 

The voices have been heard and acknowledged by Si.

It has now become an echo chamber.

There is a point where nothing new is added and most could just use upvote in this thread. But there are new people playing this game as a christmas gift next week, so there will be new feedback.

1 minute ago, Os said:

Some people are banging the same drum, I accept that. But, if we've reached the point where we close the official FM20 feedback thread because we don't like the feedback I personally see that as a negative action. 

6 minutes ago, Os said:

That is probably the worse thing SI could possibly do at the moment. 

However it was handled people would just believe that it was being shut as they didn't want to hear negative feedback. 

This is a feedback thread, people are feeding their thoughts back. If you dont want to read it then dont come in here. 

I don't think it represents a distorted view at all. Go to the discussions on Steam itself. Every other discussion is negative about the game, the match engine more than anything.

It's mad how many people misconstrue the point of the feedback thread. Its not, and never has been, about positive or negative feedback, but constructive feedback. It's in the very first post, and the tbh the vast majority of the thread has moved beyond that. But, as KUBI said, there will be those playing over christmas who might have constructive view points to add

14 minutes ago, Os said:

Maybe because we have to wait months for big issues to be fixed?

Don't give me bs like some ppl are happy some are not, its the same issues for everyone if you like it maybe you dont even understand how it should be.

8 minutes ago, Den1ss said:

Don't give me bs like some ppl are happy some are not, its the same issues for everyone if you like it maybe you dont even understand how it should be.

I've voiced my legitimate concerns in here but I try to make a point of highlighting that they are "my" concerns. Whilst other people may be seeing them, some may not. Others may not even care. People need a place to voice genuine constructive feedback, I just don't think it helps to maintain this space when we allow ourselves to get this emotional. However frustrated.

Edited by janrzm

15 minutes ago, Den1ss said:

You absolutely do not need to be this rude, and if you continue you will be removed from the thread. How many times must we ask for people to be civil before they simply have to be banned instead?

How do I make my DoF make bids for promising youngsters with first team potential? In FM19, I could make him place bids for players for the future, but when I tick that box for the U23/U18 team, all he does is offer trials for players nowhere near good enough for my first team?