Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tempelman said:

Might be me, but I can't find the pre-game editor, only the in-game editor... before it was always listed in tools, but that section on Steam is not there anymore? Or am I just stupid and not looking good enough? 😅

Go to Steam Library above your list of games it says GAMES. Click this, and then select TOOLS. It should then be in the list.

Just now, toshj said:

How do I download the pre-game editor?

Steam isn't showing the "Tools" tab in the Library drop-down. Is it listed anywhere else? The Library list only shows Home, Collections and Downloads. Thanks.

See my post above :thup:

1 minute ago, toshj said:

How do I download the pre-game editor?

Steam isn't showing the "Tools" tab in the Library drop-down. Is it listed anywhere else? The Library list only shows Home, Collections and Downloads. Thanks.

Exit and reload Steam?

8 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

Go to Steam Library above your list of games it says GAMES. Click this, and then select TOOLS. It should then be in the list.

Thank you, but Steam seems to have updated and when I click that it shows..... no tools, which I why I asked since previously, obviously, that were the case, it is not like I am new to this 😉 Oh, restarting the client did not help

Edit: never mind, found it, sorry! 🤣

Edited by Tempelman

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Sterling:

I just don't get it, I can run FM19 on Very High settings with GPU usage at 60% in a 3D match, yet FM20 performs so poorly I can barely watch a match on medium settings with 90%+ GPU usage.

Please post this here:

https://community.sigames.com/forum/740-match-engine-art-animations-benchmarking-performance-facegen-and-manager-man/

18 minutes ago, erevos_13 said:

Sorry if that's already asked, but any idea if this fix will be save game compatible or require a new save?

hope we can get an answer....

2 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I just don't get it, I can run FM19 on Very High settings with GPU usage at 60% in a 3D match, yet FM20 performs so poorly I can barely watch a match on medium settings with 90%+ GPU usage.

How many stars is the rating for your PC's graphics? I used to have this type of issue until I tinkered with some settings.

22 minutes ago, erevos_13 said:

Sorry if that's already asked, but any idea if this fix will be save game compatible or require a new save?

2 minutes ago, fiorentina said:

hope we can get an answer....

Obviously I'm not a dev, but any fix is surely not going to be save game compatible as it affects attributes, which patches aren't going to change.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, johnhughthom said:

Obviously I'm not a dev, but any fix is surely not going to be save game compatible as it affects attributes, which patches aren't going to change.

Depends on the type of fix, as soon as we can confirm either way we'll let people know. Thanks. 

After feedback here and there for FM20, I will postpone my purchase.
Looking forward for winter update.
If not basic bugs don't be fixed, then I will wait for FM21.

3 minutes ago, Cadoni said:

Why not download the demo and see for yourself?

3 minutes ago, Cadoni said:

Why not just download the demo and make your own judgements?

2 minutes ago, PboroPete said:

I just wanted to point out that this is not just an issue with determination. Looking at the hidden stats using the FMSE editor, the same thing is happening with consistency and important matches attributes too.

On my new save, I have approx 35k players. Of these:

• 9.5k have a determination of 1 (9.1k 20 years of age or younger). A further 6k of players have determination of 2-3.
  • 17.3k have important matches of 1 (9.6k 20 years of age or younger).
  • 14.9k have consistency of 1 (9.6k 20 years of age or younger).
  • 7.7k have attribute of 1 in all three categories (5.5k 20 years of age or younger).

I doubt even the most superb nurturing of young players will have any material effect on this. And, as has already been stated, it affects older players too.

Unfortunately, for me, this is game ruining at the moment and I am sadly going back to FM 19 until it is fixed. Hey ho, these things happen and I am sure SI will get this sorted asap. Shame, because the rest of the game looks to be a significant improvement.

I believe consistency and important matches are supposed to start low and grow with experience, you would really need to sim a youth intake before reading anything into that.

Edited by johnhughthom

In my first save on beta i had 34000 players in database.., after beta  update i had 28000 players in database with same settings. After realese today i still have 28000 players in database. Cant find Neri and Bartlet (trainers)  for exempel...What to do?

1 minute ago, Scotty Walds said:

Why not just download the demo and make your own judgements?

I am always purchase FM. Winter update is near (so final ME from one POV).

5 minutes ago, johnhughthom said:

I believe consistency and important matches are supposed to start low and grow with experience, you would really need to sim a youth intake before reading anything into that.

On FM19 never saw consistency move more than 2 points after developing hundreds of youth players

Obviously no idea how it will work on FM20. 

2 minutes ago, johnhughthom said:

interesting thought, John but these look wildly low to me, even taking into account developing young players. just thought it could be a similar bug to determination i.e. where a player has no rating for an attribute, it is defaulting to 1. happy to be proved wrong.

1 minute ago, ajsr1982 said:

The biggest issue I had during the beta was the vast majority of goals coming from crosses, penalties, set pieces and mistakes. A little experiment then to see how we're doing.

Game 1 - Lost 0 - 5: cross, penalty, cross, penalty, cross

Game 2 - Lost 0 - 2: cross, long shot

Game 3 - Drew 1 -1: long ball over top (1v1) / dribble through defence.... Notes: Dubious red card based on animation; missed penalty

Game 4 - Lost 3 - 4: long shot, cross, long ball over top / corner, goalmouth scramble, cross, cross

Game 5 - Lost 0 - 3: cross, cross, cut back

Overall that's 12 goals out of 19 via the methods stated at the top. I'm half way in between 'I'll reserve judgement' and 'It's still a bit broken'. I'll keep going and see where it takes me.

Bear in mind that it could just be tactical. :) 

4 minutes ago, PboroPete said:

interesting thought, John but these look wildly low to me, even taking into account developing young players. just thought it could be a similar bug to determination i.e. where a player has no rating for an attribute, it is defaulting to 1. happy to be proved wrong.

Neil confirmed it was a bug just a few posts up, you were right. :thup:

Re: the problem with players determination at the start of a game. Does randomising players as in ticking the use fake player box solve the issue?

I have to say it is a good effort in terms of the game and obviously much work has gone into it but some of the issues are so central to how the game functions that it is very hard to become immersed in the game while they remain issues as it detracts from core parts of the experience mainly youth development through the determination problem and tactics through the various ME issues.

I'm not really enjoying it because of that but as always they usually patch games well so we just wait.

Just now, stevemc said:

Incredible that the determination bug has slipped the net really, pointless starting a long term save until it’s patched.

It hasn't slipped the net as they were already aware of the problem. But if it's not yet fixed, it's not yet fixed. 

2 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Bear in mind that it could just be tactical. :) 

Yes, I'm well aware of that.

I did some digging into team stats in the beta, and the correlation between 'completed crosses' and league position was very high.

It's at both ends as well, not just concession - my results are awful because I just got promoted with a woeful squad, among other reasons.

3 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Incredible that the determination bug has slipped the net really, pointless starting a long term save until it’s patched.

I know it's not ideal but you can buy the in game editor and change it.

Just now, johnhughthom said:

Neil confirmed it was a bug just a few posts up, you were right. :thup:

Thanks. Well, there's a first time for everything :).  Now, If only I could get my tactics right as well! Only been trying for 22 years!!

Just played a few games on the demo (first time trying fm20) holy crap it already feels better than 19. A few long shots still, (433 seems to backdrop it with a DM like in 19), pressing is still ishy but massively an improvent on 19 already.