How to start a game in one hour ?

Hello everyone ! 

Since a few years, I don't have time to spend 15 hours analyzing all my players, staff members, etc... I would like someone to be advised so that I can quickly start a game while being effective. Another way to play without having to look at the characteristics of all players, all staff members... I would like to start a new game with the RB Leipzig. 

Thanks you all !

I'm typically into my first game within the hour. When you setup the game you can choose the start point, go for start of season? (can't remember the exact options) it's late July so you get maybe 2 weeks before the first competitive match. Its ample time to buy a player or two and sell who you need to. 

I delegate training, staff contracts, youth squad, press conferences, friendly management

First season I just sign the recommended coaches from the staff summary inbox message. They are poor choices but ensure I have a full compliment which is good enough for me in first season. (I usually increase the reputation of the club after year 1 so then have better coaches to buy the following season anyway) 

All of that takes 10-20 mins. I set my tactic/s... I have a good idea before I load the game so it doesn't take too long... 10 mins. Then to click through 2 weeks takes another 10-15 mins. 

Boiled down... I manage tactics, transfers and watch the matches. As the seasons go by I do more on coaches scouting and development. 

I tend to get to know my players during the friendlies and the making of my tactics. Since I am stuck with the playing squad, for the most part, anyway. I prefer to see what hey can do on the field. That means I do not have to spend ages looking at the minutia of every single player. I will set individual training myself, which is when I can get a good idea of what players should be good at. I do look at staff to get rid of members who are not good enough, and to bring in people to make my training as good as possible. This usually takes me around 20 minutes before pressing continue. 

48 minutes ago, Vulkiz said:

Thanks for your answers !

The option that scares me : to delegate responsibilities. Do they make choices that move the club forward ? 

That's completely up to you! If you're at a big club like RB Leipzig you likely have all of the available support staff there for you to delegate tasks to. Personally I'm a control freak but that ends up with me spending about 4x the amount of time that is required to just get to the first game. If you just want to jump in you can set training and all that jazz to your assistant. You can always choose to take it over yourself midway through the season. The responsibilities tab this year (in the staff page) is much better in FM20. Just takes some getting used to.