PC recommendations (mainly for FM)

Hi, I'm looking to buy a new desktop. The primary thing I'm concerned about in pure power terms is FM, but I want a machine that will still run it quickly even up to FM25 or so. I've been discussing with Dell, and I thought they had a good deal for me but then it inexplicably went up £300 in the January sales, so that's rather put me off.

Any recommendations? Other than FM, it's really just got to be good at multi-tasking - I typically have at least 20-30 different applications running at once, mostly Office, but also browser windows, Netflix, FM of course, so I assume memory an CPU are the biggest issues for me. I'd also like a blu-ray player built in. I was looking at the Dell Precision 3000/5000 range but it seems they don't want my custom as much as I thought! As long as it's offering good value, money is no object...I really do want this to last me at least 5  years, so fully expecting a 4 figure sum, but I'd assume I should be able to get a good machine for these purposes for significantly under 1500?

• FrazT locked this topic