[FM20] Iron Curtain - In hindsight everything is 2020 (Released)

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know this to be the case, and it may well be with edited databases, but the add/remove feature is not accessible. You can remove leagues that you have started with, but you cannot add any leagues or divisions. This is a real shame and maybe it is something that is hardcoded within the confines of the game?Ā 

I usually play with 10 leagues or soĀ and change them every now and then. In doing this I accepted I was losing the foreign rules that @Wolf_pdhad created but I am keen to use the old style European club tournament formats. But this has screwed that idea up. The only way to play this is by loading all 57 countries and keeping them like that. I know I could pick view only but I don't like to limit where my career would take me to. (China is the exception)

The player count exceeds my recommended limit by 19,000 players on a small database. I will risk crashes pursuing this. I'm disappointed as I love the look of this.

I take it there is no way to get that Add Leagues button to activate?

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

Looking into this now.

Could be that this is the case with edited database. Never heard about it before, but maybe that is because my rather large amount of edited competitions.

Edit: Checking with some extra databases --> Hmm, this sucks.... :(

Thanks for the work on this.

Issue I came across is with Red Star Belgrade they don't seem to have a working youth team but all players (I assume all because there was at least 50-60 players of varying ages) seem to have been pushed into an affiliate feeder team. Is that intended?

26 minutes ago, Schwing said:

Thanks for the work on this.

Issue I came across is with Red Star Belgrade they don't seem to have a working youth team but all players (I assume all because there was at least 50-60 players of varying ages) seem to have been pushed into an affiliate feeder team. Is that intended?

Yes, that is intended.

11 minutes ago, teamemutest said:

Just saw something, I don't know if others have the same issue but Dinamo Tbilissi sells all their good players due to insecure finances, is it intended ?

Probably because they start at 0 balance.

1 minute ago, Wolf_pd said:

Probably because they start at 0 balance.

Okay, I don't know if it's like that in every game but if it's the case, it becomes quite easy to have some players when playing a top-tier Soviet team (Djikia being one of the best Soviet CB for example)

I am looking into it. That's the issue with these things, there are so many changes that it is likely I have missed something.

The goal is to have teams like Dynamo Minsk and Dinamo Tbilisi to be stable level 1 teams.

While I'm here, another small thing about Shakhtar Donetsk, if we're in a world where USSR still exists, there is no war between Ukraine and Russia. I was watching Shakhtar facilities and they are playing at Metalist while the Donbass Arena is unused, maybe change it back to a pre-Donbass war situation.

Ā 

Same for Zorya by the way.

Edited by teamemutest
More complete message

I know this has been said so many times already - but this is such a fantastic piece of work.

Loved the quote about how much we all miss 80's football.

Great to see the all the work you put in finally pay off Wolf and great to see support from others creating logo's etc.

Living in a football dream land.

Ā 

Cheers

14 minutes ago, perfect79 said:

Loved the quote about how much we all miss 80's football.

It actually comes from Boris Yeltsin, although he wasn't talking about football at that time :)

I'm checking every facilities in USSR 1st and 2nd division, I'm posting everything in this one post :

Ā 

- Shakhtar not playing in Donbass-Arena

- Zorya not playing in Avanhard Stadium

- Whatever the hell is possible to do with Metalist Kharviv, the club doesn't exist since 2016 but has been replaced with Metalist 1925 Kharkiv, which is in the game but still, the game says that the stadium is owned by the original Metalist, it seems kind of weird, I don't know what could be done.

- SKA Karpaty Lviv stadium was calledĀ Droujba during soviet domination, the actual name Ukraine being there since the independance.

- Ararat Erevan play in Nairi Stadium while they should play at the Hrazdan Stadium

- Neftci Baku playĀ at the Bakcell Arena while they should play at theĀ Tofiq Bahramov Republican Stadium which is unused in the game, it should also be named Vladimir Lenin Stadium, as it was the name of the stadium at the time.

- Rotor Volgograd play at the Volgograd Arena while they should play at the Central Stadium which was destroyed in 2014 to create the Volgograd Arena, so mybe just rename the Arena as "Central Stadium" and, if possible, reduce it's capacity toĀ 32Ā 120.

- Bunyodkor Tashkent play at the Bunyodkor Stadioni while they should play at theĀ Markaziy Harbiy Sportklubi Army Stadium or MHSK Stadium, which was destroyed with a capacity of 21.000.

- FC Nistru Chisinau should be called Nistru Kichinev and the city of Chisinau renamed Kichinev as it was the name until 1989. They also played in another stadium but I can't find a name unfortunately.

- Arsenal Tula's stadium should be renamed "The Central Stadium Named After the 50th Anniversary of the Leninist Komsomol" (Yes, that's the real name of the time)

- Krylja Sovetov play at the Samara Arena while they should play at theĀ Metallurg Stadium, built in 1957 with aĀ capacity of 33.001 seats.

- Uralmash's stadium should be renamed Central Stadion.

- Dinamo Minsk's stadium had a capacity ofĀ 50.050 seats before the fall of USSR.

- FK Rostov's stadium shouldn't be Rostov Arena butĀ Rostselmash Plant Stadium, which is not in the game, it was built in 1930 and had a capacity of 32.000 in the 50's and 15.840 as of now, unfortunately, I can't find the time where they changed the capacity of the stadium.

- Zalgiris Vilnius should play at the Zalgiris Stadium, which was demolished in 2016. It was opened in 1951 and had a capacity ofĀ 15.029 seats.

- Rubin Kazan's Central Stadium was named "Central Stadium Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov Lenin"

- Paxtakor Tashkent's stadium had a capacity of 60.000 seats until 1996.

- CSKA Moscow should play at theĀ Grigory Fedotov Stadium, stadium demolished in 2007 and built in 1961 with a capacity of 10.000 seats.

- Dinamo Tbilissi's stadium should be renamedĀ Lenin Dinamo Stadium, as it was the name of the stadium during the Soviet domination. It also had 110.000 seats, as a match between Germany and Georgia attracted that many people in 1995, equaling a 1979 record.

- Lokomotiv Moscow's stadium should be the Sokol Arena, which is in the game with only 75 seats capacity... According to my sources in russian, the stadium had 30.000 seats before the 90's.

- Spartak Moscow didn't have a stadium of their own before their actual stadium, playing in different stadiums in Moscow. Don't know if it's possible for a club to have multiples stadiums to be honest.

- Dinamo Moscow's stadium had a capacity of 36.880 seats at the time, before reconstruction in the 90's.

- DynamoĀ Kiev's stadium was namedĀ Republican Stadium between 1980 and 1996, it also hadĀ 100.062 until 1999.

Ā 

Sorry if everything's not very clear, English isn't my first language, hoping that could help.

Some remarks,

the Chisinau name is on purpose, I have played with the thought to Russify everything, but decided against it.
Shakhtar and Zorya have been fixed at my side (did this after your initial report)
Renames are easy and will be picked up.
Resizing is easy as well.

In case of demolished stadium I prefer to rename and resize the current stadium (and adjust the builddate where applicable). That's easier than to create a new stadium and then extinct the 'too new one.'
Ā 

9 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Some remarks,

the Chisinau name is on purpose, I have played with the thought to Russify everything, but decided against it.
Shakhtar and Zorya have been fixed at my side (did this after your initial report)
Renames are easy and will be picked up.
Resizing is easy as well.

In case of demolished stadium I prefer to rename and resize the current stadium (and adjust the builddate where applicable). That's easier than to create a new stadium and then extinct the 'too new one.'
Ā 

Would you like if I did the same with the first two divisions of East Germany, Checkoslovakia and Yugoslavia ?

I would also see about the minor changes about the Big 5 in Europe, some stadiums changes for exemple.

Edited by teamemutest
Correcting a grammar mistake

12 minutes ago, teamemutest said:

Would you like if I did the same with the first two divisions of East Germany, Checkoslovakia and Yugoslavia ?

I would also see about the minor changes about the Big 5 in Europe, some stadiums changes for exemple.

I'm already slowly working on an extended version of East Germany, where I'm looking into all these things in detail - a lot of detail. This is just a snippet of the stadiums in East Berlin alone.

It's currently paused while I create some logos as i feel like this is more important for the immersion right now, but will continue as soon as the logos are done.

Ā 

Spoiler

ff465e16de0eda884711fa5bc2d7018e.png

Ā 

14 minutes ago, teamemutest said:

As Reiver replied,Ā I was typing, East Germany is being looked at. ;)

Got quite some feedback on Yugoslavia from MBarbaric, but an extra pair of eyes is never a bad thing. Same for Czechoslovakia

You can leave Western Europe for the moment, the upgrade of stadiums there would have been more obvious since the moneyflow would be bigger there.

6 minutes ago, Forest said:

well maybe i would be a good idea to do also all the West European League Structures like in 1989. no one spoke of psg and city :D

Actually PSG and Man City have been reduced quite a bit. Sugardaddy gone and financials cut back.

i meant the league structures, so the teams playing in their leagues like in 1989. forest were 3rd, norwich 4rd. coventry,, luton, millwall and qpr were premier division or in france, racing club paris and toulon played Ligue 1

15 minutes ago, Forest said:

i meant the league structures, so the teams playing in their leagues like in 1989. forest were 3rd, norwich 4rd. coventry,, luton, millwall and qpr were premier division or in france, racing club paris and toulon played Ligue 1

Ehm, it is 1988. Check the poster ;)

But serious, getting those teams back to their level was never my goal. For some countries, yes, because they were separate countries before, but not for the western european teams. Some teams have disappeared or messed up so much.

38 minutes ago, Forest said:

yes 1988 i meant sorry

okay, i thought you wanted to reconstruct the whole european football like that year

Iit would have been an option if Corona hadn't struck. I lost too much time because of it. Initially Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary and Poland were also on my radar, together with expansions already in the first release, but alas.

At first was confused with the Champions League winners (I have PSG winning the 18/19) but realisedĀ it is done as an alternative reality. However noticed that Madgeburg don't have their CWC win assigned them in game

22 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Update 1.1 has been added in the first post of this thread. Included are:

• Improved transfer rules West Germany
  • Improved transfer rules North America
  • Improved transfer rules South America
  • Improved Bulgaria file with the addition of the Soviet Army Cup.

To avoid people having to download the complete pack again, I will add updates (unless there are so much that the post gets overgrown with it).

Do we use these with the original 4 file versions or replace them?

2 hours ago, D3an0mac said:

Do we use these with the original 4 file versions or replace them?

The update replaces the files. Compare the version numbers and you know which one to remove from your editor folder.

21 minutes ago, teamemutest said:

I've got something very weird with the Champion's League...

Ā 

image.png.cff71dd204906fba180d1873667ead71.png

Had spotted that, but for some reason can't get it fixed. I am using the correct IDs but the game says otherwise.

Apart from that, the history was a bit fun ;)

2 hours ago, D3an0mac said:

At first was confused with the Champions League winners (I have PSG winning the 18/19) but realisedĀ it is done as an alternative reality. However noticed that Madgeburg don't have their CWC win assigned them in game

Hmm, might be the same issue as with the Champions League history teamemutest posted, that the game thinks it is the extinct version.

2 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Had spotted that, but for some reason can't get it fixed. I am using the correct IDs but the game says otherwise.

Apart from that, the history was a bit fun ;)

Very fun, as a french, seeing Lens winning the Champions League is extremely funnyĀ :lol:

13 minutes ago, teamemutest said:

Very fun, as a french, seeing Lens winning the Champions League is extremely funnyĀ :lol:

What I did was use the first round (and the return game of that round) in the group stages to create a knockout round with. Depending on that knockout round the next rounds would be filledĀ It does give some strange results from teams knocking the big ones out, but what shows you very clear is how the groupstage was always a ploy to get the stronger teams on top.

10 hours ago, teamemutest said:

About the "Lithuanian manager of the year", is it normal that it has soviet coaches who are coaching outside USSR ?

Nope, that's something that popped in Yugoslavia as well and will be fixed.

Just saw a little something about Metalist, according to the 88 logo, it was "Metallist" as theĀ Š» is seen twice on the logo.

Logo of FC Metallist Kharkiv

Edited by teamemutest
Correction

1 hour ago, teamemutest said:

Just saw a little something about Metalist, according to the 88 logo, it was "Metallist" as theĀ Š» is seen twice on the logo.

Logo of FC Metallist Kharkiv

Sounds like a English translation error, I have seen those more (just look at Hannover and Hanover)

1 hour ago, Forest said:

another question, where is dnipro?

Dnipro went bust a few years ago.

Notes on yugoslav's facilities :

- FK Sarajevo's stadium was nicknamed after Asim Ferhatovic only after the independance, during the yugoslav period, the stadium was named "KoŔevo City Stadium"

- NK Celik Zenica's stadium probably had more seats than it has now, it had 30.000Ā during the 70's, 15.000 seated, but I can't find when it was reduced precisely.

-Ā FK Napredak KruÅ”evac's stadium probably had more seats than it has now, it had 25.000 when it was built and was not renoved until the post-Yugoslavia time so it probably had 25.000 seats in 1988.

-Ā FK Sutjeska NikÅ”ić's stadium had 10.800 seats during the 80's.

- Vozdovac Beograd played at theĀ Stadion FK Voždovac, built in 1912, destroyed in 2011, 5.780 seats.

- Proleter Novi Sad played at theĀ Stadion Karađorđe, who was called "Central Stadium" during Yugoslav times.

- Spartak Subotica's stadium probably had more seats, it has 13.000 now but when it was created in 1936, it had 28.000 seats, I can't find when it was reduced precisely unfortunately.

-Ā TSC Bačka Topola was named "FK AIK Bačka Topola" between 1974 and 2005,Ā 

- NK Celje was named "SSK Celje" from 1919 to 1991, they also played in the "Skalna Klet" which is in the game but unused by any team.

- NK Slaven Koprivnica's stadium was built after 1988, unfortunately, I can't find anything about their old stadium, maybe someone with more knowledge could find the answer to that.

- NK Sibenic's stadium was named "Stadion Rade Končar" during the Yugoslav time.

- Jugokeramika Zapresic's stadium was named "Stadion Ivan Laljak-Ivić" and had 12.000 seats.

-Ā NK Aluminij's stadium had 2.000 seats before reconstruction in 2017.

- NK Lokomotiva Zagreb played at the time in the "IgraliÅ”te na Kajzerici" whichĀ is now abandoned, it has a 5.000 seats capacity.

- Maribor's stadium had 20.000 seats in the 80's.

- Olimpija Ljubljana's stadium was "Bežigrad Stadium", built in 1935, closed in 2008, it has 8.250 seats.

- Rijeka's stadium had 25.000 seats in the 80's.

- Osijek's stadium had 40.000 seats in the 80's.

- Before the 90's modernization, Crvena zvezda's stadium had 110.000 seats.

- Before the 90's modernization, Partizan's stadium had 55.000 seats.

- Hajduk Split's stadium had 62.000 seats during the 80's. Also, for some reason, they play European matches at Crvena zvezda stadium, is that a glitch ?

- Dinamo Zagreb's stadium had 64.000 seats during the 80's. They also have the same problem as Hajduk Split, playing European matches at Crvena zvezda Stadion.

Noted

33 minutes ago, teamemutest said:

Hajduk Split's stadium had 62.000 seats during the 80's. Also, for some reason, they play European matches at Crvena zvezda stadium, is that a glitch ?

Dinamo Zagreb's stadium had 64.000 seats during the 80's. They also have the same problem as Hajduk Split, playing European matches at Crvena zvezda Stadion.

All things noted. Will check on the Croat stadiums as that is not supposed to happen and I don't see an immediate reason for it.

Fyi, there will be no update untill the 9th at least as I return to work tomorrow and I am physically in a rather poor state, so evenings will be spend in bed I think

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Fyi, there will be no update untill the 9th at least as I return to work tomorrow and I am physically in a rather poor state, so evenings will be spend in bed I think

No problem, your health is more important, hoping to see you return in a better condition !

Another thing I just saw : Ancient nations like Ukraine still exists and the staff is still there, for example, Shevchenko is still coaching Ukraine even through the country doesn't exist anymore and so can't become the coach of any club, is it possible to make them leave so they can continue their lives ?

2 hours ago, teamemutest said:

Another thing I just saw : Ancient nations like Ukraine still exists and the staff is still there, for example, Shevchenko is still coaching Ukraine even through the country doesn't exist anymore and so can't become the coach of any club, is it possible to make them leave so they can continue their lives ?

Damn, managed to do pretty much everyone except Ukraine.Ā :mad:

Yep, is added to the (growing) list.