[FM20] Iron Curtain - In hindsight everything is 2020 (Released)

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Yuko said:

Excellent work! 

Is there an update coming soon or can I freely start a new game over the weekend?

There will be more updates coming, mainly namechanges and maybe one or two other datachanges, but no update coming soon (I hope to get one out around the 30th).

DHYFyt2-Xk-AAc-Sj-D.png

Polish Teams Logos

Spoiler

52b7fb369949a7800fcd8061e32867e8.png

In this file you'll find logos for Polish teams and competitions, as well as trophies for the main competitions. There are nearly 300 logos in this file.

- Whenever there was a record online, the logos are the ones teams would have used during the communist era, or the closest possible to that time.

- I have also sent all name and leaguechanges and that are needed and were not in effect on the game to Wolf_pd, so there should be some changes there too soon.  In the case of Poland, most teams still have the same names they had during communist times.

- The folder needs to be put into folder: C:\Users\<Your Computername>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\graphics

Poland.zip

I have added the link to the Poland logo post to the first post of the thread.

I hope to get Poland and Hungary out in a new update next week(end).

48 minutes ago, Reiver said:

Note, in case changes need to be done to the player file, I've made the current Farul constanta defunct (at least for now).

Check. Will take that into account.

Bankruptcies and renaming, it is pretty insane how big that teamlist has become.

It seems the downloading issue is resolved. Nothing changed on the forum, but it appears Chrome has eased restrictions after being a bit overzealous.

Update 1.3 has been added. The file can be found in the first post, as always

Update 1.3 contains

• IC20 Foreign Player Rule Hungary v.000015: Team name changes and minor competition changes for Hungary. The name changes are based on the graphics pack by Reiver.
  • IC20 Foreign Player Rule Poland v.000014: Team name changes and minor competition changes for Poland. The name changes are based on the graphics pack by Reiver.
  • IC20 People v.0000546: Playerchanges for Poland, history changes for European Cups and Ukrainian National Team changes (Shevchenko is freed, which is kinda accidental that he left his post in reallife today as well)
  • AltHis IntCCompE Build V0.00025: History changes for European Cups

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

I see. And what is your proposed alternative?

Anyone but them haha 

They are cheats and hadn't won an away game in CL until 2006 or something, hardly an option to win the whole thing :D

Having a great time with this - currently enjoying my Steaua save. One thing that dawned on me today with the English season kicking off was that the Community Shield should revert back to the Charity Shield as it use to be and if the editor allows then the Shield to be shared if it is a tie.

8 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Wow. Some effort here mate! Sorry to sound ungrateful but is the file stable? I will deffo give it a bash if it is, my saves tend to go on for many years.

Stable as in no crashes, yes it is stable. Have done several 80 years holiday saves without issue.

8 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Stable as in no crashes, yes it is stable. Have done several 80 years holiday saves without issue.

Perfect mate, really appreciate the work you've done as well as the lads giving you a hand! Going to try it out now. Will wait until there's logos for the Yugoslav and USSR teams before embarking on a long term save. 

Getting this when I try start a new game, can't select Holland or Portugal. I've added all the file in the first zip titled version 1.0, and replaced the updated versions of each fmf files in the subsequent versions. What am I doing wrong?

20210810170028_1.thumb.jpg.966c4fa47a4fee82fa551916421c8833.jpg

3 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Perfect mate, really appreciate the work you've done as well as the lads giving you a hand! Going to try it out now. Will wait until there's logos for the Yugoslav and USSR teams before embarking on a long term save. 

Yugoslav logos are underway, but there's understandably 4 or 5 times more teams than in the previous packs

5 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Getting this when I try start a new game, can't select Holland or Portugal. I've added all the file in the first zip titled version 1.0, and replaced the updated versions of each fmf files in the subsequent versions. What am I doing wrong?

20210810170028_1.thumb.jpg.966c4fa47a4fee82fa551916421c8833.jpg

You answered the question already yourself, but interesting screenshot nonetheless. It is Holland missing and the other one is Portugal? Portugal makes sense for me as there is an error in the third or fourth level. Not sure what that Holland error would be about as Dutch teams are usually quite stable. Unless...., they took Lienden out at that release already?

Anyway, good to see you got going.

11 hours ago, Reiver said:

Yugoslav logos are underway, but there's understandably 4 or 5 times more teams than in the previous packs

Yep can imagine it's time consuming, but I'm grateful as I am sure the rest of the lads are.

9 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

You answered the question already yourself, but interesting screenshot nonetheless. It is Holland missing and the other one is Portugal? Portugal makes sense for me as there is an error in the third or fourth level. Not sure what that Holland error would be about as Dutch teams are usually quite stable. Unless...., they took Lienden out at that release already?

Anyway, good to see you got going.

Yeah it's Holland and Portugal. I used the original database and loaded Holland, and after a few months game time it seems to be okay, Hollands season has only played a handful of games though

5 hours ago, D3an0mac said:

European U20 teams are playing in European U18 Qualifying

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 08.27.20.png

That was a little cheat I used to get the World Youth Championship going. But might get a change if I can roll back a few version and edit from there.

53 minutes ago, D3an0mac said:

Also the Champions League winners has the alternative history again. Using all the most recent of all the IC files and on default DB

That's on purpose. I redid the competition based on 1988 rules and using the results of the respective years. The extinct East German teams should be Ok now though.

On 11/08/2021 at 10:35, Wolf_pd said:

That was a little cheat I used to get the World Youth Championship going. But might get a change if I can roll back a few version and edit from there.

Could you use U18 teams there, and then use "team type" U20 either in the fate actions for how they qualify, or in the "get qualified teams" part of the World Youth Ch'ship?

9 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Could you use U18 teams there, and then use "team type" U20 either in the fate actions for how they qualify, or in the "get qualified teams" part of the World Youth Ch'ship?

Yes, that should be no issue. Is on my list to finish up in a decent way.

11 hours ago, Tommy57 said:

I really like your mod, but I'm wondering is there kit pack/logo pack for East German and soviet club ? 

Not yet, but they are coming.

10 hours ago, Tommy57 said:

Also, how can i get East German nationality when starting a game ? 

I think you can't. Have checked it in this mod and via some other changes I made to test and it seems the extinct nations are not available for you as human manager.

2 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

Thanks so much for this!

One slight error I've found: In England, relegated clubs still get up to £88m in parachute payments

Ah damn, that's good for their bankbalance, but not intended. Noted and will be looking at it. Thanks.

Logos for Yugoslavia are moving, and i am at over 50% now. It's just that while the countries so far had up to 300/400 teams, Yugoslavia has almost 1500 - and a lot of my work has involved finding old logos from pennants and pins and redrawing them from the sources.

Also, i haven-t done this calculation in a while, but at some point some 40% of all logos including a 5 pointed star (usually red) on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Personal finances related to the Iron Curtain 20 mod. And no, that's not me starting charging money :)

With me working from home my electricity usage obviously went up, from 1400kwh to 2000kwh. However, the constant testruns I had going added another 500kwh to my usage! Then again, I was running 24/7 at one moment, with a restart of the computer in the morning for a reset only.

• 4 weeks later...

Two issues I've encountered after 3 seasons in

Intercontinental Cup: Winners of Champions League and Copa Libertadores from 2019 (PSG/Flamengo) play the final again the following year and then all other years run a year late (e.g. I won the 20/21 European Cup but am draw in the 2022 IC Final)

World Cup: Only 3 CONMEBOL Sides qualify but assuming that this is due to having an OFC qualifier instead. The Hosts have to qualify and the 14th UEFA team seems to be just assigned at random

• 1 month later...

image-w1280-copy.png

Yugoslavian Teams Logos

Spoiler

532dde53b81d5da8b076cc51474624ff.png

In this file you'll find logos forYugoslavian teams and competitions, as well as trophies for the main competitions. There are over 1000 logos in this file.

- Whenever there was a record online, the logos are the ones teams would have used during the communist era, or the closest possible to that time.

- I have also sent all name and league changes and that are needed and were not in effect on the game to Wolf_pd, so there should be some changes there too soon. 

- The folder needs to be put into folder: C:\Users\<Your Computername>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\graphics

https://www.mediafire.com/file/tbb2r7t64s9apfn/Yugoslavia.zip/file

Edited by Reiver

• Wolf_pd changed the title to [FM20] Iron Curtain - In hindsight everything is 2020 (Released)

172274-3x2-galerie-gross.png

East German Teams Logos

Spoiler

049d216876a14f35a5e1e34052ad241f.png

n this file you'll find logos for East German teams and competitions, as well as trophies for the main competitions. 

- I have also sent all name and league changes and that are needed and were not in effect on the game to Wolf_pd, so there should be some changes there too soon. 

East Germany.zip

And here is the (for now) final pack for the FM20 Iron Curtain.

It includes namechanges for Yugoslavia and some minor data changes, the parachute payments have been removed from the English rules and a name fix for East Germany.

For those looking at the files and thinking, do I need to start a new game? Only, if you want to match the Yugoslavian logos with the teamnames and want to see some teams disappear from the Yugoslavian ranks. The other changes are very minor (unless you play a minnow in England of course).

And with this I want to thank you for your involvement in this mod and this thread. It has been fun, but it is time for FM22 for me :)

Iron Curtain 2020 Update Version 1.4.zip

On 26/06/2021 at 21:35, \&#x27;Appy \&#x27;Ammer said:

My one criticism of the add/remove league feature is you can't move a league to view only once you have started a save.

On 26/06/2021 at 21:46, Wolf_pd said:

You're mentioning a very good improvement for next game version FM22 btw.

On 26/06/2021 at 21:53, \&#x27;Appy \&#x27;Ammer said:

Feel free to suggest it in the future improvements thread, I'm sure your name will add more weight to it than mine! 🙂