Lower league local cup teams

acidmonkey

Ok so what I want is to create the durham challenge county cup now its straightforward to do rules etc. No issue there the one thing I'm at a loss for is the following

The team list is fixed same sides every year

Professional teams send their u23s rather than senior sides so how do I get the game to pick the u23 side if it's a team who started off low eg if I get Durham. In tier 10 they would enter their senior side in the cup then they get promoted to say the national league and it uses the u23s from that point? Is it possible and how? Hoping its something simple

• 3 weeks later...

If the U23 team is in a division, use Get Specific Team as you would do normally with the rest of the clubs.

If they are made by the reserve teams to add feature, remove them from this and make the team yourself and then do the above.

Edited by FCUtdWill

that doesnt work as for example 

the cup is a specific list of teams so for simplicity say its between the following 4 clubs these four clubs never change its always the same

Sunderland
Gateshead
Darlington
Hartlepool

if either side are below league 2 its their senior side, if they are in league 2 or above its their u23 side

3 hours ago, acidmonkey said:

that doesnt work as for example 

the cup is a specific list of teams so for simplicity say its between the following 4 clubs these four clubs never change its always the same

Sunderland
Gateshead
Darlington
Hartlepool

if either side are below league 2 its their senior side, if they are in league 2 or above its their u23 side

Why don’t you just add u23 teams to those clubs and add them that way? Their first teams will be in the Senior Cup so they’ll always play in that competition, and the u23s will always be in the challenge cup. The u23s should never play higher than their first team so they’ll always be in that competition, if you’ve got them playing in pyramid football (rather than youth football) you can block them getting promoted as well.

If Hartlepool were to get relegated to the same division as their u23s, their u23 team would get relegated to the next lowest division, and they’ll only appear in the same division if there’s no more levels for them to be relegated to.

2 hours ago, acidmonkey said:

i am wondering if i set the competitions teams to those four

then in the first round said get U23's from premier league, championship, Lge 1 & Lge 2 

and senior teams from vanarama if that would do it

That won’t work, the teams will have to be in those divisions to work and you don’t want Hartlepool u23s in the Premier League when their first team is in the National League.

its done by:

Get all teams from lge 1

Get all Teams from lge 2

Get all Teams from Prem Ranked by Best team type U23

Only other way i can think of doing it: Add my static list of teams to a secondary Division "Durham County"

Select Best 4 Teams from Durham County (ordered by Rep) and use the U23s

Select rest of teams

i dont expect more than 4 sides from county durham to be in pro football at any one time at a push: Sunderland, Gateshead, **My New Club**, Darlo/Gateshead

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't actually tried doing this yet, but would setting a team pool up with the available clubs, and then using 'Get Teams from Team Pool' for each division created, and then setting team type for First or U23 as appropriate work?

On 26/02/2020 at 09:48, acidmonkey said:

its done by:

Get all teams from lge 1

Get all Teams from lge 2

Get all Teams from Prem Ranked by Best team type U23

Only other way i can think of doing it: Add my static list of teams to a secondary Division "Durham County"

Select Best 4 Teams from Durham County (ordered by Rep) and use the U23s

Select rest of teams

i dont expect more than 4 sides from county durham to be in pro football at any one time at a push: Sunderland, Gateshead, **My New Club**, Darlo/Gateshead

That is how I did it years ago. I've lobbied for a County FA field to be added to the database before.

Edited by jWaSiMhE

• 5 weeks later...

Just picking this post up again. I'm trying to do exactly the same thing as OP above - create a local cup that has the same 32 fixed teams (easy enough) BUT where teams in higher divisions enter their u23 teams rather than their 1st teams. And that this is dynamic over time, so if a team starts off naff, and therefore enters its 1st team, but 5 years later has shot up the leagues, in that year it will enter it's u23 team rather than it's 1st  team (and one of the others will drop back to entering it's 1st team)

I can get the game to select u23 teams for some of the teams BUT:

1. It sometimes picks the same team twice - eg from the pool of 32 teams it sometimes will enter both York City and York City u23s (and miss out another team)

2. It doesn't seem to be picking the top 10 teams by divisional reputation to enter u23s for instead of 1st teams. Instead which teams have their u23s entered seems random.

I have a team list for the stage set up to take the teams from a fictional yorkshire 'secondary league' (which has only these 32 teams in it - all first teams)

I'd thought i'd set the instructions under teams to then take the top 10 by divisional reputation, and use their u23 teams.

And then to take the remaining 22 teams.

But as above - it's not working. I need to be able to set it to take 22 different teams to the first 10 its already chosen, rather than choosing some of them again.

And to select the best teams (by divisional reputation) to use 23s for, rather than this being random.

Any help very much appreciated - been fiddling with this all day to no avail....

2032278754_Screenshot(79).thumb.png.7746f8ae12c5056fb502cfc03dddbed8.png

what if you checked the box for "ignore teams" and had an entry for every OTHER playable team that can be in those divisions. Then tell it to get the best teams from the higher divisions (U23 team type) and then the best teams from the lower divisions (first teams)

4 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

what if you checked the box for "ignore teams" and had an entry for every OTHER playable team that can be in those divisions. Then tell it to get the best teams from the higher divisions (U23 team type) and then the best teams from the lower divisions (first teams)

I’m not quite sure I follow - all the teams are in one division and all of them should participate in the cup. It’s just whether the game chooses their u23 or 1st teams. 

I guess the real question is how do I get the game to decide to enter MY u23 team in this cup instead of my 1st team when I become the/one of the higher ranked teams? I guess if I could solve that question I could just permanently enter some team’s under23s instead of their first teams as they’re not that likely to go more than two divisions up or down. But how do I get the game to apply this rule to one specific team?

26 minutes ago, Mikeonhisboat said:

I’m not quite sure I follow - all the teams are in one division and all of them should participate in the cup. It’s just whether the game chooses their u23 or 1st teams. 

I guess the real question is how do I get the game to decide to enter MY u23 team in this cup instead of my 1st team when I become the/one of the higher ranked teams? I guess if I could solve that question I could just permanently enter some team’s under23s instead of their first teams as they’re not that likely to go more than two divisions up or down. But how do I get the game to apply this rule to one specific team?

Why only one specific team?

Im not sure i understand your system in real life.

1 hour ago, krlenjushka said:

Why only one specific team?

Im not sure i understand your system in real life.

Sorry, explaining it poorly. What i'm trying to create is:

North-West Riding Senior Cup

32 teams from north-west yorkshire (centred around York-Harrogate) It's always a defined list of 32 teams which never changes. (I can do that part)

BUT to prevent some of the bigger teams (York City, Harrogate Town, in time when I grow my team (Harrogate Railway Athletic) too) winning it too easily every year then these 'bigger' teams should enter their u23 teams INSTEAD OF their 1st teams.

So there'd still only be 32 teams. A small number of higher rep teams would be using their u23s. The rest would be 1st teams.

I'd like this to be dynamic (that's the bit i'm stuck on - I could easily create a static version with 32 set teams, 28 being standard 1 steams and 4 u23 teams for say York, HarrogateT etc) but this would mean as my team got promoted it would always be my first team that got entered year on year, even when i'm in the Premier League. Whereas at some point as i move upwards through the leagues, I want it to switch to being my u23. Eactly as per the original poster above.I used to play a lowerleague db in fm12/13 that  had county/senior cups set up in exactly this way.

My current two issues are:

(1) the game dual enters teams. So from the team pool the game looks at my hiden secondary division with my 32 set teams (all first teams), takes 4 and enters their u23 teams. Great.BUT then takes a further 28 teams at random which means it will sometimes duplicate the 1st team and u23 team for a club. eg. It correctly takes York and enters their u23 team. (and does same for another 3 clubs) But then instead of ignoring these 4 clubs and picking the REMAINING 28 clubs. It doesn't ignore them and randomly picks 28 out of the full list of 32 to enter first teams for. So it sometimes might enter BOTh York City AND York City u23s (and to keep numbers at 32, then miss out another club as it's effectively entered York twice.) What I want it to do is pick 4 clubs, enter their u23s. Then ignore those 4 clubs, and get the other 28 clubs, entering their 1st teams. Can't figure out how to do that.

(2) I also want the game to identify the four best clubs out of the fixed pool of 32 and use those four best teams when it decides which 4 u23s to enter. (This is so that whilst my club is woeful to start, our first team will be entered. When i'm dominating the world, my reputation relative to the other 32 clubs will have increased, so the game should see me as one of those top 4 clubs and therefore enter my u23s) Currently this isn't happening and the clubs whose u23s it enters seem to be chosen at random.

Any advice very much welcomed, especially re/1. 

Ok. What is "bigger" club? What level of competition is minimum for U23 team to enter instead of first team?

Also can you list all levels from premier league to that yours local league - levels where all those 32 clubs can play if they promote.

Im not familiar with english lower leagues 100%.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to do the exact same thing except in the Leeds area between tiers 11 and 13. All I need to know is as soon as teams promote to any tier 10 or above they either enter their u23 team instead of their first team or are omitted altogether. I have a secondary division set up but as soon as they get promoted out of tier 11 they are still selected and I don't want them to be. Like Mike says if I take my team to the Premier league I'd win the local cup year after year. 

I've tried the ignore teams setting for all the teams in division's above tier 11 that they could promote to but this doesn't seem to work. Any help would be great 

16 minutes ago, FatFranco said:

Like Mike says

Mike asked for help but he never answered to my question. This is simply disrespect of my time. In the meantime he asked another question in another thread he made. Unreal.

From time to time we have threads here with this kind of behavior - very long question, very "big" problem, its very urgent but after 2 hours thread maker is gone for 10+ days.

If you ask me - this thread can be locked.

BTW i will answer to your question but not here - in private message.

EDIT: i guess he dont have wifi on his boat :D

• 3 months later...

ill be honest i tried so many things i actually forgot i opened this thread :D im still not getting anywhere

tier 1>4 (professional leagues)
Tier 5>6 (National league)
Tier 7>11 ('Non-League')

so in real life a team in tier 5>11 will enter their first team in the "County cup" but once they hit tier 4 they stop entering their first team and start entering their u23s'

ive tried with a secondry division attempting to rank by rep (assuming rep would be higher for the pro teams) and have the top 4 teams enter the u23s no dice i end up with first and u23 teams in the competition 

ive tweaked to the point ive no idea what ive done and havent with no luck 

currently trying to decide if i just do specific teams and if my team goes from naff to epic ill have to manually play the kids in it

Heya acidmonkey

I'd got a little further ..

- create a secondary division with the teams you want

- on advanced rules > stages > teams select best sides from division, set team to "under 23", then set professional status to "professional".

- on advanced rules > stages > teams, select best sides from division, set professional status to "semi professional" and "amateur"

When your club goes pro, it sends it's u23s rather than the first team. It'll start to enter u23s (probably) from the best sides in level 5 rather than when they reach the Football League proper, but i think that's liveable.

Edited by algytaylor

With mine, I'm inclined to change it to under 18s, because the competition is still dominated by the bigger clubs in the region (Villa, WBA, Wolves).

I'd like to do it based on best teams in region - it's not strictly speaking accurate, but it's not ridiculous either and allows newly created clubs to enter. However, it doesn't have a "professional status" filter. Maybe it's possible to create a secondary division which is auto populated with teams from a region ... will have to try that out.

14 hours ago, algytaylor said:

Heya acidmonkey

I'd got a little further ..

- create a secondary division with the teams you want

- on advanced rules > stages > teams select best sides from division, set team to "under 23", then set professional status to "professional".

- on advanced rules > stages > teams, select best sides from division, set professional status to "semi professional" and "amateur"

When your club goes pro, it sends it's u23s rather than the first team. It'll start to enter u23s (probably) from the best sides in level 5 rather than when they reach the Football League proper, but i think that's liveable.

ooh good shout, did look at the pro/semi pro/amateur will give it a shot :) as id like to set up the Durham and Northumberland County cups :)