What’s better for player development?

As the title says, I have signed a few good future prospects and I mean really good.

What is more beneficial to them improving, Staying with my U23 squad with brilliant coaches or loaning them out for the season with a guaranteed start every game with a lesser team for the season?

Cheers guys

For me, it depends. If they have a chance of getting some matches for the first team, and my U23s are at a decent level, then I keep them, but if they are over 18 and I don't see any involvement with the first team, then I quite often loan them out. At least if I can find a team for them.

3 hours ago, Billsmcfc said:

What is more beneficial to them improving, Staying with my U23 squad with brilliant coaches or loaning them out for the season with a guaranteed start every game with a lesser team for the season?

Depends on the coaches and the facilities of the team where you loan him out. Also it depends of the league they play in and if your player is ready for that level of compation. If he is not he will play badly and that will not help his develoment. It is also not helpful if he plays at a level he already overgrown. He needs to be playing at appropriate level.

can only be judged on a player by player basis, as has been said. I'd never loan a good prospect out with less than regular starter status, but always have options to recall and always make sure on the club he is going to has decent stats, and (not sure if it matters) but is in an active league (ie not view only)

5 hours ago, rinso said:

can only be judged on a player by player basis, as has been said. I'd never loan a good prospect out with less than regular starter status, but always have options to recall and always make sure on the club he is going to has decent stats, and (not sure if it matters) but is in an active league (ie not view only)

Is there any way to set the recall option as default so that you don't have to keep selecting this when offering players out on loan?

17 hours ago, Billsmcfc said:
As the title says, I have signed a few good future prospects and I mean really good.

Cheers guys

I try and fo a few things...

Firstly with my Milan team (and I'm sure other teams are the same) I find there are too many youth team players across U18, U20 and on loan. Therefore I spend an inordinate amount of time over my first full summer culling my youth team. I aim to have about 23 players in my U18 and U20 and some focused loans (although sometimes I can't get rid of players so have to loan them too). I also limit my senior squad to 23 and then as I get injuries promote players from youth team.

That still leaves me with 60 odd youth players (23 x 2 plus about 10 on loan) so the next thing I do is identify the most likely candidates for the future usually by putting together a starting line up just from my youth team players. The rest then are fillers.

I can then focus on these 11 players. Moving them between youth teams and the senior team or doing really targeted loans. A player knocking on my first team door needs to be playing at least in Serie B with the option to recall. 

I can also focus their individual training, mentoring and all that other stuff. 

20 hours ago, Maldini's Heir said:

Is there any way to set the recall option as default so that you don't have to keep selecting this when offering players out on loan?

Untitled.png