Youth Intake Preview

I’m into my 6th season now at Tottenham and I haven’t once had a youth intake preview that wasn’t deemed to be a poor one. I’m always receiving feedback saying “don’t expect much from this intake”.

This is despite having “superb youth facilities” and “exceptional youth recruitment”. Is there something I’m missing here or am I just really unlucky? Anything else I can do?

1 hour ago, dnomz said:

I have 5* facilities with Red Star Belgrade and have been having worse intakes since doing the upgrades. It's really frustrating.

Maybe because at the start you have worse squad than you have now? So that's why youth players are worse - because your overall squad is better.

13 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

They is no point spending your money on youth academys or coaching or recruitment ,its pointless trust me

There is a point and it's worth in the long run. Just because you don't have 5 star players every intake, it doesn't mean you are not getting useful players.

This area of the game is either broken or just an afterthought. I'm playing as Everton, a club with a track record of producing players and have the new stadium and have upgraded the youth facilities. Ive never ever had anything bar 'this is not a very promising group of players' type of message. It does make me wonder if either having a decent crop is exceedingly rare, like a once in 20 years kind of thing or whether the message itself just doesn't work. I've had a couple of decent players through, but no one who is an obvious young prospect.

I suppose it could also take time. E.g upgrading the youth facililities might produce a better in 9 years time or so? When the 7 year olds they take in turn into 16 year olds?

Either way it should be a really exciting feature on the game, but it never turns out that way.

24 minutes ago, busngabb said:

This area of the game is either broken or just an afterthought. I'm playing as Everton, a club with a track record of producing players and have the new stadium and have upgraded the youth facilities. Ive never ever had anything bar 'this is not a very promising group of players' type of message. It does make me wonder if either having a decent crop is exceedingly rare, like a once in 20 years kind of thing or whether the message itself just doesn't work. I've had a couple of decent players through, but no one who is an obvious young prospect.

I suppose it could also take time. E.g upgrading the youth facililities might produce a better in 9 years time or so? When the 7 year olds they take in turn into 16 year olds?

Either way it should be a really exciting feature on the game, but it never turns out that way.

But what do you expect? A wonderkid every year? If you'd have like all 2 stars players every year then yes - I'd even qualify that as a bug. There's no chance of good players every year ESPECIALLY in bigger clubs, because as I've said earlier they're compared TO YOUR SQUAD. So if you have I don't know, 3 super wonderkids in your squad already - any decent premier league youngster will be 3,5 stars because these wonderkids inflated your stars potential. 

6 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

But what do you expect? A wonderkid every year? If you'd have like all 2 stars players every year then yes - I'd even qualify that as a bug. There's no chance of good players every year ESPECIALLY in bigger clubs, because as I've said earlier they're compared TO YOUR SQUAD. So if you have I don't know, 3 super wonderkids in your squad already - any decent premier league youngster will be 3,5 stars because these wonderkids inflated your stars potential. 

Maybe the message itself needs to be reworded and not rate the group (Unless it's an unusually good year) but focus on the better players instead and give you something to be excited by. It could even give suggested first team pathways for the better ones like on the contract negotiations so you can see who the coaches think might make it? It always used to be an exciting feature checking your youth players every year for good ones, but now the message comes through and is all 'they're all shocking boss' and it's depressing. One of my recent ones was like 'There are no good fullbacks in this intake, there are no wingers in this intake at all, there are no good central midfielders in this intake. There is one goalkeeper from Widnes who looks like he might be one of the better players we've produced in recent years'. Then I click on the goalkeeper and he's rated as a young prospect who is way off first team football and has an 8 for handling. Note I'm not saying there are no players who come through or that there should be a Messi/Ronaldo cropping up every year, just that it'd be nice if there was a bit of intrigue and excitement. Another possible suggestion is for the stats to be a range like they are for players you've not fully scouted. You only get the youth coaches rating and have to blood them or loan them out to play in a senior competition to see if they are going to make it. Some would be like Rashford would do well and their stats jump up, others would struggle and either develop more slowly or not make it. Just make it a bit more exciting, you must be able to see the frustration when you've got a 5* reputation head of youth development and world class facilities and have to go raiding penniless South American and Spanish clubs for young players every year because your coaches rate the intake as very poor each year?

Youth football is probably something FM needs to promote a bit more. In real life you get the Troy Parrott / Anthony Gordon type pressure from fans to play the kids, particularly when the team has a bad run. You also get players who are chomping at the bit for first team football and putting pressure on the first team and the manager through social media. I've never felt any of that in the game. Possibly it is there and I've just not had or spotted the right player.

2 hours ago, Bielsa1975 said:

They is no point spending your money on youth academys or coaching or recruitment ,its pointless trust me

As someone who have won the CL with Kettering using youth intakes ONLY (ie NO other transfers), I have to disagree.

10 minutes ago, XaW said:

As someone who have won the CL with Kettering using youth intakes ONLY (ie NO other transfers), I have to disagree.

Aye theres always one person,who as Always done it 🤔 anyone can win any cup if you reload enough times 😁

2 hours ago, Bigpole said:

Maybe because at the start you have worse squad than you have now? So that's why youth players are worse - because your overall squad is better.

There is a point and it's worth in the long run. Just because you don't have 5 star players every intake, it doesn't mean you are not getting useful players.

Aye you get your odd could be 3 star ,but in the long run your world class academy is on par with bradford PAs ...meanwhile the club up the road you can poach a few of theres every year on intake day.

11 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

Aye theres always one person,who as Always done it 🤔 anyone can win any cup if you reload enough times 😁

I did it without doing any reloading, nor any other cheats. It simply took time, and focus on youth and training. Don't blame your shortcomings on the game.

Clubs don't often have a group of exceptionally talented players come through from the same age group. When was the last time that even happened in real life? How many premier league clubs have a player that can even break in to the first team every season?

1 hour ago, XaW said:

I did it without doing any reloading, nor any other cheats. It simply took time, and focus on youth and training. Don't blame your shortcomings on the game.

Yes thats right i cant play the game ,i dont know how to play it ,its your tactics ,it happens in real life blah blah, at least think of a new one .....anyway im off to sleep in my 9 bed mansion now goodnight 😁

5 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

Yes thats right i cant play the game ,i dont know how to play it ,its your tactics ,it happens in real life blah blah, at least think of a new one .....anyway im off to sleep in my 9 bed mansion now goodnight 😁

No you can't play the game, at least if you uninstalled it and Steam as well. As you claimed earlier. Unless that's simply another dumb hyperbole statement. Enjoy your cardboard box mansion.

What most ppl dun realize is reputation is the most important factor in getting good youth intakes. It doesn't matter if u have what level of youth facilities or even how ur youth staff is if ur reputation is low. This is especially true if ur club operates in a crowded region like London which is where spurs based in. Think about this if u are a young prospect will u want to go to PSG or Paris FC? Both are in the same Paris area but one has much higher reputation than the other.

9 hours ago, Bugdog7 said:

I’m into my 6th season now at Tottenham and I haven’t once had a youth intake preview that wasn’t deemed to be a poor one. I’m always receiving feedback saying “don’t expect much from this intake”.

This is despite having “superb youth facilities” and “exceptional youth recruitment”. Is there something I’m missing here or am I just really unlucky? Anything else I can do?

May I know have u at least surpass arsenal or Chelsea in terms of reputation? If not, then u know where all ur best London wonderkids will go. Also what is the highest potential star ratings u ever got in your intake?

1 hour ago, zyfon5 said:

What most ppl dun realize is reputation is the most important factor in getting good youth intakes. It doesn't matter if u have what level of youth facilities or even how ur youth staff is if ur reputation is low. This is especially true if ur club operates in a crowded region like London which is where spurs based in. Think about this if u are a young prospect will u want to go to PSG or Paris FC? Both are in the same Paris area but one has much higher reputation than the other.

May I know have u at least surpass arsenal or Chelsea in terms of reputation? If not, then u know where all ur best London wonderkids will go. Also what is the highest potential star ratings u ever got in your intake?

Hey mate, yeah I’ve surpassed both Arsenal and Chelsea. Won 2 of the last 3 CLs. In fairness I have had 1 or 2 players that I’ve developed into the first team squad even when I had the message “don’t expect much from this intake”, so perhaps it is just that the wording needs to be reconsidered. I’ve got one CM who had 4.5 star potential and will be a star, then I have a RB who didn’t look particularly good but as I was short on RBs I promoted him to the first team squad and he has developed himself into a handy player.

i guess 2 squad players from the youth academy in 6 seasons is actually not too bad and reasonably realistic. 

3 hours ago, Bugdog7 said:

Hey mate, yeah I’ve surpassed both Arsenal and Chelsea. Won 2 of the last 3 CLs. In fairness I have had 1 or 2 players that I’ve developed into the first team squad even when I had the message “don’t expect much from this intake”, so perhaps it is just that the wording needs to be reconsidered. I’ve got one CM who had 4.5 star potential and will be a star, then I have a RB who didn’t look particularly good but as I was short on RBs I promoted him to the first team squad and he has developed himself into a handy player.

i guess 2 squad players from the youth academy in 6 seasons is actually not too bad and reasonably realistic. 

when they say do not expect much from this intake they usually means do not expect 4 stars and above which is world class players by spurs standard. doesnt mean that u cannot get a player good enough to start for you or be a rotation option. 2 squad players in 6 seasons is not bad since u already have a stacked team which i assume u do since u won 2 of the last 3 CLs. do u still get the leading development clubs in the league message? if u see ur team up there usually means that u are doing a good job for youth development and i feel that is actually a better benchmark for a top team since their youth graduates are unlikely to end up in their parent team due to the quality of players.

7 hours ago, brookie1402 said:

Clubs don't often have a group of exceptionally talented players come through from the same age group. When was the last time that even happened in real life? How many premier league clubs have a player that can even break in to the first team every season?

even ajax which is world leading in youth development only aims to promote one youth player into the first team every year which translates to fm terms is one player 3 stars to 5 stars potential per intake. even the famous la masia golden generation doesnt came through within one intake. for top premier league clubs even having one youth graduate starting for you is a rare occasion.

8 hours ago, Bielsa1975 said:

Aye you get your odd could be 3 star ,but in the long run your world class academy is on par with bradford PAs ...meanwhile the club up the road you can poach a few of theres every year on intake day.

Show me proof of this, show me the example of your world class academy that is on oar with League Two team. You are first to throw statements and examples but have you got examples to back it up? 

10 hours ago, busngabb said:

Maybe the message itself needs to be reworded and not rate the group (Unless it's an unusually good year) but focus on the better players instead and give you something to be excited by. It could even give suggested first team pathways for the better ones like on the contract negotiations so you can see who the coaches think might make it? It always used to be an exciting feature checking your youth players every year for good ones, but now the message comes through and is all 'they're all shocking boss' and it's depressing. One of my recent ones was like 'There are no good fullbacks in this intake, there are no wingers in this intake at all, there are no good central midfielders in this intake. There is one goalkeeper from Widnes who looks like he might be one of the better players we've produced in recent years'. Then I click on the goalkeeper and he's rated as a young prospect who is way off first team football and has an 8 for handling. Note I'm not saying there are no players who come through or that there should be a Messi/Ronaldo cropping up every year, just that it'd be nice if there was a bit of intrigue and excitement. Another possible suggestion is for the stats to be a range like they are for players you've not fully scouted. You only get the youth coaches rating and have to blood them or loan them out to play in a senior competition to see if they are going to make it. Some would be like Rashford would do well and their stats jump up, others would struggle and either develop more slowly or not make it. Just make it a bit more exciting, you must be able to see the frustration when you've got a 5* reputation head of youth development and world class facilities and have to go raiding penniless South American and Spanish clubs for young players every year because your coaches rate the intake as very poor each year?

Youth football is probably something FM needs to promote a bit more. In real life you get the Troy Parrott / Anthony Gordon type pressure from fans to play the kids, particularly when the team has a bad run. You also get players who are chomping at the bit for first team football and putting pressure on the first team and the manager through social media. I've never felt any of that in the game. Possibly it is there and I've just not had or spotted the right player.

I get your point overall that the youth previews are some sort of click-bait usually. I agree with the statement BUT in fairness you can't possibly judge these youth players when they are 15-16. There are tons of examples that talented youngsters are not exactly developing into world beaters or at least primera division/serie a/premier league/bundesliga good players. Do any of you remember Carlos Badal? Arianit Ferati? Anthony Maisonnial perhaps? Yes, few years ago (when they were 15-17) they were supposed to be world beaters, now they are just 'regular' players in 2nd, 3rd division in their countries. 

Not to disrespect you guys but I wonder if you know how the senior soccer world operates in terms of young players. There's not a single team operating on top level of European football that chunks out. You all like to throw Ajax example of 'great academy'. And how many ajax graduate are in the 1st squad right now? van de Beek, Veltman maybe and Blind (and I'm counting only normal first team players, not impact subs). Most of Ajax players were poached when they was young like 10-13. But 95-99% clubs on top level have players from all over the country/world. 

It's easy to have good intakes WHEN YOU ARE BAD/AVERAGE because most of the players in the world are BAD/AVERAGE. Players created this weird aura around wonderkids from south america and now are blaming the facilities, hoyd, game, everything. The grass is always greener on the other side, whether you see it or not. 

Few months ago I did an experiment in my current save - I've used third party editor to check some 'high potential youngsters' (around 160-170 I believe) and signed them for my squad. And believe or not they all have 3-4 stars potential only (yes, I've checked their personality, determination and so on). And I was playing in 1st division in Poland at that time.

I'm tired of explaining every year that good facilities and good coaching GIVES YOU BETTER CHANCE to have a good crop of players, not a GUARANTEE. 

1 hour ago, Bigpole said:

Show me proof of this, show me the example of your world class academy that is on oar with League Two team. You are first to throw statements and examples but have you got examples to back it up? 

I get your point overall that the youth previews are some sort of click-bait usually. I agree with the statement BUT in fairness you can't possibly judge these youth players when they are 15-16. There are tons of examples that talented youngsters are not exactly developing into world beaters or at least primera division/serie a/premier league/bundesliga good players. Do any of you remember Carlos Badal? Arianit Ferati? Anthony Maisonnial perhaps? Yes, few years ago (when they were 15-17) they were supposed to be world beaters, now they are just 'regular' players in 2nd, 3rd division in their countries. 

Not to disrespect you guys but I wonder if you know how the senior soccer world operates in terms of young players. There's not a single team operating on top level of European football that chunks out. You all like to throw Ajax example of 'great academy'. And how many ajax graduate are in the 1st squad right now? van de Beek, Veltman maybe and Blind (and I'm counting only normal first team players, not impact subs). Most of Ajax players were poached when they was young like 10-13. But 95-99% clubs on top level have players from all over the country/world. 

It's easy to have good intakes WHEN YOU ARE BAD/AVERAGE because most of the players in the world are BAD/AVERAGE. Players created this weird aura around wonderkids from south america and now are blaming the facilities, hoyd, game, everything. The grass is always greener on the other side, whether you see it or not. 

Few months ago I did an experiment in my current save - I've used third party editor to check some 'high potential youngsters' (around 160-170 I believe) and signed them for my squad. And believe or not they all have 3-4 stars potential only (yes, I've checked their personality, determination and so on). And I was playing in 1st division in Poland at that time.

I'm tired of explaining every year that good facilities and good coaching GIVES YOU BETTER CHANCE to have a good crop of players, not a GUARANTEE. 

I would of gladly done that to back my statement ,i gave my feedback as i see the GAME , why is that to hard to register in some peoples brain ? Its how i see the game ,its how the game as played for me 22 years ,MY feedback not yours , i notice you quote real life examples back your statement up ? Because FM  isnt real life you know this is only quoted by people to hide the shortcomings in the game !!!

I cant post you proof but if you had asked me friday i would glady of done this , but i got bored with the 2 set of rules for transfers in the game ,so deleted the game .the game as gone for good ,but i will still give my honest feedback the way i see it!!!

20200411_142810.jpg

You might want to sticky that post somewhere @Bigpole. There's a lot of that "Boohoo, I only get 3 stars players in my intake with my super star team that haven't lost a match in a decade and I've gobbled up every big talent from around that whole time". It seems that a lot don't understand that star rating works in comparison to their own team... And also refuse to accept the explanation when they get it. And the last part is the really strange thing...

9 hours ago, XaW said:

No you can't play the game, at least if you uninstalled it and Steam as well. As you claimed earlier. Unless that's simply another dumb hyperbole statement. Enjoy your cardboard box mansion.

You see i dont lie !! I say it as it is ,not to hard is it, im hardly going to lie when i can post pics to back things up 😁 why is it so hard for people to grasp , my mansion is like your kettering youth team 😁

20200411_142810.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

You see i dont lie !! I say it as it is ,not to hard is it, im hardly going to lie when i can post pics to back things up 😁 why is it so hard for people to grasp , my mansion is like your kettering youth team 😁

:idiot:

3 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

Whats up ? You dont like words being backed up ? Or is to hard to take in that people do speak the truth ? 

The issue with truth is that it needs to be backed up by proof.

My proof? THE DEVELOPER HAVE SAID SO.

Your proof? "I think I'm right because I'm bad at a game and I cannot accept that, so I conjure up some deep rooted conspiracy theory regarding the devs so I can hide my own inadequacy behind it!"

This is my final post to you, I won't respond, because quite frankly, you are not worth the time. Is there an ignore button for users somewhere on this forum...?

9 minutes ago, XaW said:

The issue with truth is that it needs to be backed up by proof.

My proof? THE DEVELOPER HAVE SAID SO.

Your proof? "I think I'm right because I'm bad at a game and I cannot accept that, so I conjure up some deep rooted conspiracy theory regarding the devs so I can hide my own inadequacy behind it!"

This is my final post to you, I won't respond, because quite frankly, you are not worth the time. Is there an ignore button for users somewhere on this forum...?

No where am i bad at the game ? Where is your proof of this ? Do you just presume this ? So i state my feedback on how the game as been to me for 22 years ,and you call me a liar ,and your proof is because someone who takes your money off you HAS said theres nothing wrong 😂

Want to buy a car mate ?*

Edited by Bielsa1975

2 hours ago, Bielsa1975 said:

No where am i bad at the game ? Where is your proof of this ?

There is no proof but it's a reasonable assumption as you yourself admitted that you reload the save until you win the match.  I used to do that when I was younger and probably many of us did at the beginning but it isn't the right way to play FM series. You said couple of times that you know how to play FM and that you play since CM days but you didn't really play this series until you get fired a couple of times which will never happen since you reload the save until you win. But if you play the right way those sackings will make you read about different styles of play and tactics, they will make you experiment, you will get better and start enjoying the game. At least that's what happened to me.  I can certainly say that I didn't really play the game when I was reloading the saves, looking the lists of wonderkids on the internet or downloaded tactics from someone else. I had success with those tactics but it wasn't enjoyable and I couldn't play a save longer then 2-3 seasons.

if anyone suspects that their youth development is rigged in some ways, the best way to verify it is to look at the leading development clubs message that is available every season at least 10 years into your save when all the real life players start to retire. that is as accurate information as u can get without using your in game editor instead of just tunnel vision on your own team 

41 minutes ago, yolixeya said:

There is no proof but it's a reasonable assumption as you yourself admitted that you reload the save until you win the match.  I used to do that when I was younger and probably many of us did at the beginning but it isn't the right way to play FM series. You said couple of times that you know how to play FM and that you play since CM days but you didn't really play this series until you get fired a couple of times which will never happen since you reload the save until you win. But if you play the right way those sackings will make you read about different styles of play and tactics, they will make you experiment, you will get better and start enjoying the game. At least that's what happened to me.  I can certainly say that I didn't really play the game when I was reloading the saves, looking the lists of wonderkids on the internet or downloaded tactics from someone else. I had success with those tactics but it wasn't enjoyable and I couldn't play a save longer then 2-3 seasons.

You like to presume alot dont you how do you know i havent been sacked ? It as already happened about 50 times on many FMs to me ( now managers do get sacked in real life to)Shall i start a thread saying been sacked 5 times in a 40year save ? Then you could help me out with that ? It would take me years do to a 20season reloading every game  that way, But just semi finals ,and maybe last game of season were i need a point ,you know to beat the script sometimes it happens ,but i will let you keep presuming if it makes you feel better ,SI say theres nothing wrong so its all good 😁 Your the greatest FM player i bow down to

1 hour ago, Bielsa1975 said:

You like to presume alot

1 hour ago, Bielsa1975 said:

but i will let you keep presuming if it makes you feel better

At least I am honest about it and don't make claims in the absence of evidence. You know, like you do. FM has flaws but most of your claims are rubbish.

And it doesn't matter how often you reload, if it is just for that one important game or two. As long as you have that fail-safe you are not really playing. 

21 hours ago, Bigpole said:

i'm usually happy if i can get one or two that look that they could cut it.  I mean look at say Liverpool, Trent came through the academy as a young kid (so would be an intake player, not poached) the last player to come from the "intake" and play more than  50 games for the club.  Michael Owen and he came through in 96.    If the rest are squad players in your intake, thats 20-30mil a player in todays market.  Cash in, raid Brazil :)

20 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

Look i have backed up everything i have said in other threads with pics ,alas this thread i cant because i deleted the game. Now yes i save my game before an important i admit my sin along along with 95% of other players ,you call me a liar because i cant back it up with evidence ,yet i have to take your word because? Of what ? Your word means more than mine ? You admit FM has flaws but because i say it this cant be a flaw because you said its not? And your claims are honest but mine are not ? Do you see how your sounding here? Can you see it ? Did you stamp your feet at home and mummy and daddy let you win every game as a kid ?because you sound like a spoilt brat , i had my say  to what as happened in my games over the years ,its maybe not to your liking ,but its me saying it as it is ok , otherwise take your own advice and put or shut up 😁

Unfortunately for you I've seen all your posts and I didn't see any evidence of backing up what you've said about youth intake. So either show me what you need to show or stop bickering with other users. And if you'll start again (not only you Bielsa) - I'll give you some time to think about what you've said with a little warning, thank you :)

11 hours ago, zyfon5 said:

when they say do not expect much from this intake they usually means do not expect 4 stars and above which is world class players by spurs standard. doesnt mean that u cannot get a player good enough to start for you or be a rotation option. 2 squad players in 6 seasons is not bad since u already have a stacked team which i assume u do since u won 2 of the last 3 CLs. do u still get the leading development clubs in the league message? if u see ur team up there usually means that u are doing a good job for youth development and i feel that is actually a better benchmark for a top team since their youth graduates are unlikely to end up in their parent team due to the quality of players.

Hey mate, thanks for explaining it makes a lot more sense to me now. I agree 2 isn’t a bad outcome all things considered. 

I haven’t paid too much attention to those emails when I’ve received them to be honest but I will now. However, one thing I had noticed about them (unless this was a seperate email...) is that mine includes guys like Sessegnon (joined from Fulham) and Bellingham (who I signed), should these guys not be showing up for Fulham/Southampton seeing as though technically they were the clubs that produced them?

If you have some time (and I believe in recent weeks we all have more than enough) - check out this thread. And see yourself if people are moaning about youth intakes or not.

55 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

Look i have backed up everything i have said in other threads with pics ,alas this thread i cant because i deleted the game. Now yes i save my game before an important i admit my sin along along with 95% of other players ,you call me a liar because i cant back it up with evidence ,yet i have to take your word because? Of what ? Did you stamp your feet at home and mummy and daddy let you win every game as a kid ?because you sound like a spoilt brat , i had my say  to what as happened in my games over the years ,its maybe not to your liking ,but its me saying it as it is ok , otherwise take your own advice and put or shut up 😁

LOL 

I never called you a liar, don't make things up. You shouldn't take my word for it but I didn't claim that I know how the game works in the first place. I'm just questioning your claims like everybody else here. You haven't backed up anything and you are just being childish.

1 hour ago, Bigpole said:

If you have some time (and I believe in recent weeks we all have more than enough) - check out this thread. And see yourself if people are moaning about youth intakes or not.

That link is from last years challenge. This is the current thread for FM20.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/495649-the-fm20-youth-academy-challenge/

Edited by XaW

1. Stop using the star ratings as a guide.

2. Stop taking the advice of AI staff.

People should look at the abilities/attributes of each player, and think about how these might fit into the tactics they play. Personally I have always found, on every edition of FM, that in the vast majority of youth intakes I'll always have two/three regens come through that can be developed to a point where they can do the 'hot prospect' role for cup matches etc. or become a backup player in the squad, they wont be star players and eventually get sold when the next batch of newgens come up the conveyor belt behind them or you buy better players but they do a job for a bit. And these are players that can be rated at two, and sometimes even one and a half, stars by the AI. I'm in no doubt that most FM'ers would be like "**** that, I haven't got the time to be wasting it developing average players", but that is surely the reality of youth development, especially at the better teams - many get a taste of first team football, never quite good enough, and eventually find their level further down the food chain. Why should it be any different on FM?

And then there is also the possibility that, sometimes, one of these players surpasses all expectations. Three or four FM's ago now I had a Right Back that I turned into a Defensive Midfielder, that the system rated as terrible. He had little strength, absolutely awful pace, couldn't head a ball, couldn't really tackle, no vision, crossing and shooting was below average also. Most of those below 10, some way below, in either position you'd think he had no hope…….. But what he did have was decent enough first touch and passing, and his mental attributes (anticipation, concentration, positioning, teamwork etc.) were his strongest stats, but still by no means absolutely spectacular. I taught him short passes and stay back PPM's, and my experiment went better than I ever thought possible as he just fitted my possession-focused team perfectly. He'd just endlessly give and recycle the ball to better players and when the opposition tried to clear it he was in the right place to pick it up more often than not, just providing the platform in the holding role for the team to dominate. The guy was racking up quite crazy stats, one year in the league he had like a 98% passing accuracy with over 100 passes a game on average. It took over 5 years, and trying and jettisoning players much better on paper, until I found someone able to match/surpass him in doing this selfless job for the team. Forget winning trophies and unbeaten seasons etc, the development of that player is right up there in picking my most fun had playing FM.

Not saying it's always the case that you can make chicken salad out of chicken ****, but you'd be surprised what you can do with a lot of newgens. Especially if you have an idea of how you're playing and what attributes and traits you're looking for/are useful to your team. And as with most things in FM, I'd urge people to slow down, stop rushing through, engage their brain and think/use their imagination a bit and work to a plan. Leads to better decisions and often in my experience more interesting and enjoyable saves.

7 hours ago, Bugdog7 said:

Hey mate, thanks for explaining it makes a lot more sense to me now. I agree 2 isn’t a bad outcome all things considered. 

I haven’t paid too much attention to those emails when I’ve received them to be honest but I will now. However, one thing I had noticed about them (unless this was a seperate email...) is that mine includes guys like Sessegnon (joined from Fulham) and Bellingham (who I signed), should these guys not be showing up for Fulham/Southampton seeing as though technically they were the clubs that produced them?

Players that stay at any club for more than 3 years (not loaned out) before the age of 21 will be qualified as homegrown for that club so yes a player can be homegrown for more than one club

10 minutes ago, zyfon5 said:

Players that stay at any club for more than 3 years (not loaned out) before the age of 21 will be qualified as homegrown for that club so yes a player can be homegrown for more than one club

Gotcha! Makes sense.

On 12/04/2020 at 16:56, Bigpole said:

Unfortunately for you I've seen all your posts and I didn't see any evidence of backing up what you've said about youth intake. So either show me what you need to show or stop bickering with other users. And if you'll start again (not only you Bielsa) - I'll give you some time to think about what you've said with a little warning, thank you :)

I take it you are a mod? and part of your job is to ACTUALLY read a post properly? so i will just quote you 

"Unfortunately for you I've seen all your posts and I didn't see any evidence of backing up what you've said about youth intake" now if you had done your job, instead of being bias then you would of read that i cant provide said evidence "Look i have backed up everything i have said in other threads with pics ,alas this thread i cant because i deleted the game."

Cant wait to ban me can you:cool:

On 12/04/2020 at 18:13, JordanMillward_1 said:

Bielsa will be taking a break for a couple of days from the forum, so feel free to continue the conversation without him.

Thanks for the break, it gave me time to read other forums :lol:

20 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

I take it you are a mod? and part of your job is to ACTUALLY read a post properly? so i will just quote you 

"Unfortunately for you I've seen all your posts and I didn't see any evidence of backing up what you've said about youth intake" now if you had done your job, instead of being bias then you would of read that i cant provide said evidence "Look i have backed up everything i have said in other threads with pics ,alas this thread i cant because i deleted the game."

Cant wait to ban me can you:cool:

So, you talk s**t about youth intake previews and you're confronted to provide evidence here to back up your statement. You've said that you've posted everything that is needed in other threads. I've looked all your posts and I haven't found anything related to this topic we're discussing here. 

And now your line of defense is that you can't provide evidence because you've deleted the game. So pretty much you've made a fool of yourself really. 

I'm not biased, all I do is I'm confronting people if they talk s**t about the things they know nothing about or know too little. 

And I don't need to ban you really, for now you are not doing something that will cause you a ban. Besides, your posts are a fine example of why you shouldn't behave like a little child on the internet. I hope this break was beneficial for you, cheers.