England and Conference League

I'm currently playing Sunderland, and we overachieved in our first season in the PL (21/22) and finished 6th. Hooray, we're going to the Europa League!

Image may contain: 1 person, text

But then Tottenham wins Europa League, Everton wins the Conference League, Liverpool wins the FA cup ... and Sunderland isn't going to Europe?

92633987_660699874709363_3210686859206197248_n.png?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=P0HrqbDfqw4AX9mG3dW&_nc_ht=scontent.fosl1-1.fna&oh=ba965b318c09ec8ab363eb51f5877abf&oe=5EB9AA56

Currently it's 22 June in-game and I have to compose my squad. If I'm playing in a continental cup, I need extra depth. But it seems I'm not playing there.

I don't have any EL matches in my schedule, I see that Liverpool have these matches. Does this mean I'm not playing in a continental cup this year?

It says in the rules of the Premier League that 6th place gets you into the EL group stage "depending on the winner of the FA cup" - but Liverpool won the FA cup, so it seems that's wrong.

Anyone else have experienced this?

Yes, I believe this is correct. City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham goes to the CL. Then Liverpool go to EL, and Everton the same. That is 7 teams, and if I'm not mistaken, there can be no more than 7 teams from one nation in the European cups.

Edited by XaW

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Yes, I believe this is correct. City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham goes to the CL. Then Liverpool go to EL, and Everton the same. That is 7 teams, and if I'm not mistaken, there can be no more than 7 teams from one nation in the European cups.

That's correct - it's one of those situations that ends up screwing the OP as Sunderland, but it's applying the allocation rules correctly.