Football Manager 2020 January & February Transfer Updates Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure I will need to start a new save for the database update to be applied but will the other updates outside the DB be applied? So for example Improvements to game optimisation and increased performance both inside and outside of matches?

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, gibson147 said:

I'm pretty sure I will need to start a new save for the database update to be applied but will the other updates outside the DB be applied? So for example Improvements to game optimisation and increased performance both inside and outside of matches?

You won't need to start a new game for that

• Administrators

Just to remind folk, this is a feedback thread. Please do remember that for bugs to raise them on the bugs forum so they don’t get missed and our QA team can make sure they’re logged. 

Thanks. 

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Fieldsy:

Would be good to know what the major changes to the ME are post match engine update from a week or so ago?

-  Improvements to player behaviour and instructions when defending set-pieces

7 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Disappointing that there is only the set pieces change in the ME.. I hoped for changes in center play 

2 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

Loving it! Defenders reacting better and there is central play too. <3 big step forward compared to fm19

1 minute ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Thought they'd only touched on set pieces, how can there be better central play?

Just a thought.... why not try the game and see what you think yourself..

6 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Just a thought.... why not try the game and see what you think yourself..

I will when i'm not at work......

In the meantime it would be good to know what's been changed and what hasn't, contradicting reports on here. 

Edited by Mr U Rosler

Lol, I was trying to decide whether to start my Utd save now without the official January update (as I didn't think it would be released until around 3rd/4th March) or wait. I had something telling me to check the forums a few minutes ago as for some reason I had a feeling there may have been an update released early and I was right :D

Can't wait to see the database changes, not really bothered about the China window so will probably start without it. 

I hate when a new patch drops in the morning and I have to wait all day to give it a go. 

Anyone that could check if it is now possible to mark or pressure the thrown in taker after the throw in? 
Is honestly the only complaint I had with the previous version. 

1 hour ago, Mr U Rosler said:

I will when i'm not at work......

In the meantime it would be good to know what's been changed and what hasn't, contradicting reports on here. 

Agreed - Would be good to know definitively if the recognised issues with Central Play etc, have been specifically addressed?

That is stopping some people from even loading the game, not myself, but will be clearer for customers who are = more potential sales for SI and retention of customers

15 minutes ago, dan99 said:

I had the issue but remapping the keys in the preferences worked for me.

I shouldn't have to remap anything. It was under review but still broken.

In fact a lot of things I posted bug reports on still aren't fixed.

etc

I assume more patches will be coming.

Edited by Tiger666

2 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

I shouldn't have to remap anything. It was under review but still broken.

In fact a lot of things I posted bug reports on still aren't fixed.

etc

I assume more patches will be coming.

Try what's advised in this thread.

Just now, Tiger666 said:

Yes.

I fail to see how it's an issue then, apart from it primarily just annoying you in particular? or am i missing something?

In fact it works in the same way as windows itself works.. seems perfectly intuitive to me.. select the panel you wish to move, use keys to move it..

Just now, Welshace said:

I fail to see how it's an issue then, apart from it primarily just annoying you in particular? or am i missing something?

In fact it works in the same way as windows itself works.. seems perfectly intuitive to me.. select the panel you wish to move, use keys to move it..

It doesn't matter if you see it as an issue or not. It was raised, under review in November and was with the dev team in January,

4 minutes ago, Welshace said:

What im suggesting is that maybe the team decided it was working as intented after all?

It doesn't work like that in FM19 or FM17 (I don't own 18) so I fail to see how it's working as intended. In the previous games you press continue, the game stops on your inbox, you can press up and down keys to move up and down without having to click anything.

First thing I noticed was that some of my regens changed the way they look. Skin tone change varies from player to player, but I can't say it's improved, overall they look ever more strange. Anyone else having the same problem with regens after loading their save? I tried clearing the cache. Also, I played 1 match so far and everything was very dark (but so fluid, amazing performance increase - hope fps won't change).

@Stouters

To gain access to the new data and updated league rules you will be required to start a new game, however the majority of changes and fixes are save game compatible meaning you’re fine to continue any pre-existing save.

this is from the change list. While I do not know for sure I would imagine coefficients would come under league rules @Neil Brock are you able to confirm at all? 

Just now, Fieldsy said:

Would be really helpful for SI to confirm exactly the ME changes or even to confirm that the new ones are only set pieces. It would at least put some of the questions to bed.

I have played a few games and I can tell you that there are no changes worth talking about in regards to the ME. If you enjoyed it, you'll still enjoy it. If you hated it ... there's no good news as of yet.