• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, roykela said:

Why did the chicken cross the street?
Beta.

I'm so good at telling jokes
giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47imwgk3avvidxjb4ooi

An Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman all walk into a bar. They all sit down and the barkeep walks over and says beta.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

2 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

An Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman all walk into a bar. They all sit down and the barkeep walks over and says beta.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

A Norwegian, a Swede and a Dane was challenged to go into a bearcave and challenge the bear to a fight.
The Norwe......hehe....gian went hahahaha first HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA and the Swede........*sniff* HAHAHAHA the bear and
the Dane HHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA and haha came back.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Beta.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*cough*HAHAHAHAHAHAHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO.
Bloody hell. Hilarious

Just now, roykela said:

A Norwegian, a Swede and a Dane was challenged to go into a bearcave and challenge the bear to a fight.
The Norwe......hehe....gian went hahahaha first HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA and the Swede........*sniff* HAHAHAHA the bear and
the Dane HHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA and haha came back.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Beta.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*cough*HAHAHAHAHAHAHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO.
Bloody hell. Hilarious

Oh I heard this one a little differently at work the other day:

A Geordie, a Scouse guy and a Cockney all went to work at a bank. It's funny because Cockney's and Scouse people don't work. Beta.

Hang on. I'm getting notifications about people posting in other posts than this one!
Why are there people on other posts? They should all be here now.
Well, apart from the denim guy from last year. He can watch the forum and drop the news when it's out.

25 minutes ago, BusbyFergieJose said:

My nanna is 73 years old and she absolutely loves football manager, she has been in and out of hospital the past year and doesn't feel that great today. 

Any chance we can get this released to calm her down a bit? 

Nanna has been rushed into hospital. 

8 minutes ago, roykela said:

Hang on. I'm getting notifications about people posting in other posts than this one!
Why are there people on other posts? They should all be here now.
Well, apart from the denim guy from last year. He can watch the forum and drop the news when it's out.

This sounds like something that someone who was posting on other threads would say.....

1 minute ago, BusbyFergieJose said:

Do you think that's funny? She's 78 years old with blood pressure problems, she has been waiting to play FM21 all week and today has sent her over the edge. 

No I'm genuinely trying to get people to pray for her. Can she not play FM20 for ten minutes, then FM01 for ten minutes, and pretend shes playing FM21?

8 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Actually, yes.  That's my old Youtube channel... the quality varies wildly from very crap to moderately crap lol.

That's awesome.
Very crap to moderately crap is the new awesome. That's why all my stuff is within the same range.

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

This sounds like something that someone who was posting on other threads would say.....

Nooooooooo. I mean...I wasn't.....i'm not. I was, uhmmmmm, just observing it. Yeah! Just observing.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47g24b42hvb4d0xsxz1q

4 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

No I'm genuinely trying to get people to pray for her. Can she not play FM20 for ten minutes, then FM01 for ten minutes, and pretend shes playing FM21?

FM01?!         Burn the Non Believer!!!

91E176E5-9424-4FDF-A01E-24C7030A04DF.gif

Wikipedia suggests we are asking for the wrong thing.... start a new thread.

Beta is climbing jargon that designates information about a climb.[1][2] The complexity of beta can range from a small hint about a difficult section to a step-by-step instruction of the entire climb.[1][3] In rock climbing this may include information about a climb's difficulty, crux, style, length, quality of rock, ease to protect, required equipment, and specific information about hand or foot holds. For mountaineering, beta may include information about the length and difficulty of the approach, availability of water on the climb and the approach, ease of exiting the route before completing it, descent information, perhaps even useful logistic information for climbs in foreign countries.[citation needed] Sometimes beta is also drawn, in the form of a beta-map.[4][5]

280px-Boulder_Worldcup_2017_Munich_Final
Climbers at the World Cup 2017 inspecting a boulder problem in order to figure out the beta.

It is common for climbers to have different beta for the same climb. In other words, more than one possible solution that can get the climber to the top. These can vary in terms of difficulty. It is not uncommon for climbs to get downgraded in their difficulty rating once easier beta is discovered