When's the BETA out speculation thread FM 21

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, bezzy1970 said:

Can anyone explain the reasoning to why the beta is normally released later in the day please ??

It’s to do with the alignment of the stars, and also, in the SI office the light from the sun has to come through on particular window and cross a pool of water, the window is curved in a way that boils the water, the steam fills a bag above it condensing the water, which runs down a pipe into a glass, the glass is on a pivot and once full tips out into a test tube which swings down  and starts off a life size game of mousetrap with the Beta at the end but instead of capturing it, it releases it.

I think that’s it, Stonehenge was built for stone age beta releases in much the same way.

Could be something else though

4 minutes ago, bezzy1970 said:

Can anyone explain the reasoning to why the beta is normally released later in the day please ??

Because they release it when it's ready.  Miles said a couple of weeks ago that the beta is launched within hours of SI deeming it fit for public use.

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

It’s to do with the alignment of the stars, and also, in the SI office the light from the sun has to come through on particular window and cross a pool of water, the window is curved in a way that boils the water, the steam fills a bag above it condensing the water, which runs down a pipe into a glass, the glass is on a pivot and once full tips out into a test tube which swings down  and starts off a life size game of mousetrap with the Beta at the end but instead of capturing it, it releases it.

I think that’s it, Stonehenge was built for stone age beta releases in much the same way.

Could be something else though

Nah, I think this is it

4 minutes ago, bezzy1970 said:

It's all to do with how the coffee is brewed on a morning. See, in Watford, the people there are called Watfonians, which makes absolutely no sense, a bit like my missus 95% of the time, but the Watfonians brew their coffee by stirring the spoon anti clockwise, and as soon as Miles stirs his coffee clockwise, then the anti-air thrusters at the SI offices click into motion, the Star Wars episode 3 soundtrack starts playing, then the big yellow release beta button starts it's ascent to the top of the podium, depending on how many coffees Miles has had, this could take a moment or 2, or could take as long as 17 minutes. Which reminds of a time I was in Greggs eating 4 sausage rolls. As I was sat on the seat I saw a guy that resembled Danny Guthrie, and I approached him only to realize it was actually Troy Deeney, anyway he'd had 11 coffees by that point, and the FM 20 beta was released at that time, so I raced home, leaving 3 and a half sausage rolls in Greggs. So the moral of the story is, never under any circumstances leave your sausage rolls behind.

2 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

It's all to do with how the coffee is brewed on a morning. See, in Watford, the people there are called Watfonians, which makes absolutely no sense, a bit like my missus 95% of the time, but the Watfonians brew their coffee by stirring the spoon anti clockwise, and as soon as Miles stirs his coffee clockwise, then the anti-air thrusters at the SI offices click into motion, the Star Wars episode 3 soundtrack starts playing, then the big yellow release beta button starts it's ascent to the top of the podium, depending on how many coffees Miles has had, this could take a moment or 2, or could take as long as 17 minutes. Which reminds of a time I was in Greggs eating 4 sausage rolls. As I was sat on the seat I saw a guy that resembled Danny Guthrie, and I approached him only to realize it was actually Troy Deeney, anyway he'd had 11 coffees by that point, and the FM 20 beta was released at that time, so I raced home, leaving 3 and a half sausage rolls in Greggs. So the moral of the story is, never under any circumstances leave your sausage rolls behind.

1308498984_tenor(93).gif.b40a773cfb881cebb6fb399ff3c0e492.gif

2 minutes ago, Whatawaster95 said:

I’m posting this from the future. 
If SI don’t release the beta today it will upset the space time continuum, everything we know and love will be gone unless SI do their duty. I have every confidence they will. 

@SI you see dis? Look at your responsibility now!1473733141_tenor(94).gif.5d5879cadf62b3344971c46e4660531a.gif

When I was just a little fanboy,

I asked Miles "When will the beta be?

Will it be Monday? Will it be Tuesday"?

Here's what he said to me.

Que beta, beta,

We'll drop it, when its ready,

Twenty steak bakes in my belly,

Que beta, beta

Edited by harrycarrie

3 minutes ago, Whatawaster95 said:

I’m posting this from the future. 
If SI don’t release the beta today it will upset the space time continuum, everything we know and love will be gone unless SI do their duty. I have every confidence they will. 

Now it's totally on SI not to completely knacker the future up, if they do, well there's only one guy for the job

Doc Brown GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Just now, harrycarrie said:

When I was just a little fanboy,

I asked Miles "When will the beta be?

Will it be Monday? Will it be Tuesday"?

Here's what he said to me.

Que beta, beta,

We'll drop it, when its ready,

Twenty steak bakes in my belly,

Que beta, beta

Beta beta beta beta batmaaaaaan

Beta beta beta beta batmaaaaaan, batmaaaaan, batmaaaan

Bet(a)man (ah-ah-ah)
Fighter of the Not(beta)man (ah-ah-ah)
Champion of the Sun! (ah-ah-ah)
You're a Master of Karate
And Friendship
For Everyone
Bet(a)man (ah-ah-ah)
Fighter of the Not(beta)man (ah-ah-ah)
Champion of the Sun (ah-ah-ah)
You're a Master of Karate
And Friendship
For Everyone!
Bet(a)man!
1034335113_tenor(95).gif.715fd684f6d0f104d43517e261ebaa6a.gif

1 minute ago, MatthewS17 said:

Can we challenge Miles to a coin flip? 

If it's heads, he releases the beta. 

If it's tails, he releases the beta. 

If there's no coin, he releases the beta. 

If Miles is doing the flip it’ll land on its side

1 minute ago, MatthewS17 said:

Win, win, win, for everyone. 

I don't know about you guys, but I'm having severe withdrawal effects on something that I haven't tried yet 🤣

9 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

As he's flipping the coin he'll probably say the beta won't be released today, it'll be released when it's ready, he's seen some rumors online the beta's coming today, but this isn't true. Then drop out of the live stream.