When's the BETA out speculation thread FM 21

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I've seen a lot of talk here about bandwidth usage with release and that the national health organisation needs all the bandwidth? Can anyone explain this to me? I don't get it... There should be enough internet for everyone right? :)

hace 2 minutos, EnriccoLV dijo:

Can someone update what does this Steam Sub mean?

Probably new versions uploaded to steam for the devs and alpha testers to play with, but it doesn't mean that is the available version for the rest of us.

3 minutes ago, EnriccoLV said:

Can someone update what does this Steam Sub mean?

It's a certain Steam key. It was created 2 months ago and a bunch of stuff was added to it just now:
https://steamdb.info/sub/501161/history/

Hard to say what exactly it is without inside knowledge, might just be a new key that they use to give some people access.

Edited by DerMef

Just now, gunner86 said:

If you’re on shopto (which you should be) then you want EU, if you’re not on shopto, then go to shopto

But if you're not on Shopto, and you don't want to be, then don't, and go to efukt and have fun

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

It means the ordered a subway breakfast sub on deliveroo

Miles and the boys are clearly partial to a Greggs breakfast bake extravaganza. Which is only available on Uber eats at the minute.

Edited by bigmattb28

Just now, Dirkjan said:

So, I've seen a lot of talk here about bandwidth usage with release and that the national health organisation needs all the bandwidth? Can anyone explain this to me? I don't get it... There should be enough internet for everyone right? :)

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. From a UK perspective, where we have a lockdown in place, when you think about the amount of streaming, Zooming and gaming that's going on, not to mention release of new AC game today which will be a significantly larger download, I can't see FM downloads being more than a drop in the ocean of the available/used bandwidth.

2 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Miles and the boys are clearly partial to a Greggs breakfast bake extravaganza. Which is only available on Uber eats at the minute.

Well obviously. Who do you think referred them. 
I meant the guys at steam, meanwhile the guys at epic are having a Burger King breakfast croissant 

3 minutes ago, Os said:

If they are still testing now that isn't a sign of an iminent release.

No, that has nothing to do with testing. Testing will be either done on a completely separate hidden steam app or in a certain branch depot on the live app (which is probably the case, considering the amount of updates recorded in steamdb).
Adding a steam key is basically an administrative thing. It doesn't add anything new, it uses the same depots and apps on Steam.

Edited by DerMef

1 minute ago, DerMef said:

No, that has nothing to do with testing. Testing will be either done on a completely separate hidden steam app or in a certain branch depot on the live app (which is probably the case, considering the amount of updates recorded in steamdb).
Adding a steam key is basically an administrative thing. It doesn't have anything new with it, it just uses the same depots and apps on Steam.

image.gif.35b9546c378dd375e2a0e21f49cc28e3.gif

6 minutes ago, Pompey1978 said:

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. From a UK perspective, where we have a lockdown in place, when you think about the amount of streaming, Zooming and gaming that's going on, not to mention release of new AC game today which will be a significantly larger download, I can't see FM downloads being more than a drop in the ocean of the available/used bandwidth.

But Still, Gaffer Miles said it won't be available for download "during working-hours" because of this. No hope here for a daytime-release.

As per past experience and general understanding and under the law of speculation, there has to be a quorum of SI staff online before it goes live. There are very complex calculations to determine the exact amount of SI staff that has to be online before it happens. It might take me a couple of hours or days to finalize those. I will keep you posted.

Just now, Maikol said:

changelist for that file whatever this means

It's basically the same as the other packages. It's just a steam key for European countries. Nothing exciting by itself, but I guess any kind of work on the steam app could be a good sign.

2 hours ago, Meddlloide said:

This is false advertisement and probably persuable in court

Eff me, get over yourself man.

Ok, it seems some ads have made their way into the wild prematurely, but SI have always said that beta release is around 2 weeks prior to launch.