FM24 - PC/Laptop advice thread *** PLEASE READ OPENING POST BEFORE POSTING ***

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, tantr0x said:

Thanks for this, I'm very close to buying the 14" one you linked.  Just before I do so can I get your opinion on one more laptop and whether you think it would be a better option, I don't know if my concerns over it being used and the more powerful CPU resulting in the fans being too loud are just me overthinking it?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-ZenBook-UM425QA-5-5600H-processor/dp/B0C53ZXPKL/ref=sr_1_6?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&pf_rd_i=3581866031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=50a92caa-1d89-4312-b8ca-8ae6627d9c53&pf_rd_r=ZB9FHCRQV1M8W0CV2NS3&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_t=101&qid=1694100110&refinements=p_n_style_browse-bin%3A182752031%2Cp_36%3A9708208031&rnid=9708204031&s=warehouse-deals&sr=1-6&th=1

Yeh go for that one. 

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has already been asked - this is a long thread.

Any advice for a processor and graphics card that can handle very large databases (i.e. hexagon challenge sized, with every country in the world loaded)?  Bonus points if they are AMD, as I'm using Linux.

Looking for a new PC build, though right now I'm mostly concerned with figuring out the processor and GPU.

Thanks in advance!

39 minutes ago, Daniel Evensen said:

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has already been asked - this is a long thread.

Any advice for a processor and graphics card that can handle very large databases (i.e. hexagon challenge sized, with every country in the world loaded)?  Bonus points if they are AMD, as I'm using Linux.

Looking for a new PC build, though right now I'm mostly concerned with figuring out the processor and GPU.

Thanks in advance!

Any CPU can handle any size database - it's just how quickly it'll process the game.  For a very large database though you will ideally want the strongest CPU possible.  The graphics card will only affect how well the game renders the 3D graphics.

What sort of budget do you have?

Edited by kevhamster

2 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Is that US Dollars?  Also, if you're not in the UK could you give me some examples of stores you'd use in your country please.

Sorry for the lack of context!  Yes, it's about $2,000 USD.  The plan is to purchase parts online, mostly through Amazon.

Thinking of getting a new laptop so I can finally play on 3D (especially when FM25 and the new upgrades come around). I only use my laptop for work and FM so it does not need to be anything fancy or expensive, just something that is good enough to be able to play smoothly. 

28 minutes ago, basqueliverpool said:

Acer Swift 3 SF314-44 14 Inch Laptop - (AMD Ryzen 7 5825U, 16GB, 512GB SSD, Full HD Display, Windows 11, Silver) https://amzn.eu/d/fg8EnnbHP Victus Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0071sa | AMD Ryzen™ 5-5600H Processor | 16GB RAM | 512GB SSD | NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3050 Laptop GPU | 16 i

Or this please?

The second link didn't work, but if it's this I would definitely go with this over the first one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Victus-HP-Laptop-16-e0071na-Kingdom/dp/B09RB5TNJR/ref=sr_1_3?crid=A5XC7UE2M70N&keywords=Victus%2BGaming%2BLaptop%2BPC%2B16-e0071s&qid=1694469664&sprefix=victus%2Bgaming%2Blaptop%2Bpc%2B16-e0071s%2Caps%2C100&sr=8-3&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.42a483c5-1df2-46ee-a728-92d018483bf9&th=1

4 hours ago, Rub Me said:

Thinking of getting a new laptop so I can finally play on 3D (especially when FM25 and the new upgrades come around). I only use my laptop for work and FM so it does not need to be anything fancy or expensive, just something that is good enough to be able to play smoothly. 

What's your budget?

Hello

Looking to buy a second laptop to compliment my regular gaming Asus laptop that I play FM on.  Only looking to spend £300 so probably going to go down the refurb route. Playing FM23 on it would be great, but not critical and not that bothered about it being ready for FM25.

I've seen these two - would any of them be good enough do you think:-

Dell Latitude 7400 14-inch (2019) - Core i5-8365U - 16GB - SSD 256 GB QWERTY - English | Back Market

Apple MacBook Air 13" (2017) - Core i5 1.8GHz, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD (Renewed) : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Any other advice or recommendations would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

29 minutes ago, hallster11 said:

Hello

Looking to buy a second laptop to compliment my regular gaming Asus laptop that I play FM on.  Only looking to spend £300 so probably going to go down the refurb route. Playing FM23 on it would be great, but not critical and not that bothered about it being ready for FM25.

I've seen these two - would any of them be good enough do you think:-

Dell Latitude 7400 14-inch (2019) - Core i5-8365U - 16GB - SSD 256 GB QWERTY - English | Back Market

Apple MacBook Air 13" (2017) - Core i5 1.8GHz, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD (Renewed) : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Any other advice or recommendations would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

What are you looking to do with the laptop?  That's kind of a critical question before I can answer whether they're likely to be good enough or not.

Sorry.  Generally just for the standard stuff, nothing special. Streaming, web surfing, etc.  I log on to work in a Citrix environment but I know both those would be OK for that.  These laptops are a lot lighter than my current ASUS 2.6kg gaming machine, which is what I'd use to play any heavy graphical games, and not the 2nd laptop which would be more portable for taking away with me, staying over at hotels, etc.

I guess what I'm really asking is could any of these two play FM23 to any standard - usually play with a medium database with 3 leagues running using the 3D match engine.

28 minutes ago, hallster11 said:

Sorry.  Generally just for the standard stuff, nothing special. Streaming, web surfing, etc.  I log on to work in a Citrix environment but I know both those would be OK for that.  These laptops are a lot lighter than my current ASUS 2.6kg gaming machine, which is what I'd use to play any heavy graphical games, and not the 2nd laptop which would be more portable for taking away with me, staying over at hotels, etc.

I guess what I'm really asking is could any of these two play FM23 to any standard - usually play with a medium database with 3 leagues running using the 3D match engine.

I'd avoid both of those.  The first one is several generations old, and with a Mac it very much depends on what version of MacOS it runs, as FM23 won't run on older versions of MacOS.

For an extra £10 over the first one, this one has a 11th generation i5 which is a lot newer and much better.  Would also play FM23 quite well: https://www.laptopstation.co.uk/products/hp-14-dv1629sa-11th-generation-core-i5-8gb-ram-512gb-ssd-bang-olufsen-speakers-14-ips-fhd-screen?_pos=3&_fid=46b5da870&_ss=c

31 minutes ago, Rub Me said:

This is a question I'm not sure on :lol: perhaps 300-500£?

If you're wanting 3D into FM25, the issue we currently have is there is no current indication on system requirements, so we're having to go with the assumption for now that a dedicated graphics card is going to be required for 3D for FM25 onwards.

I can't find any brand new ones with a dedicated graphics card under £500.

There is this refurb model, which is a couple of years old but should be ok: https://www.laptopstation.co.uk/products/asus-tuf-fx506lh-h-series-core-i5-8gb-ram-512gb-ssd-nvidia-gtx-1650-15-6-fhd-screen-gaming-laptop

Or this brand new one which is slightly above £500, and if you can afford it is the one of the two I'd go for: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-15-fb0020na-Pulsefire-Stinger-Headset/dp/B0BZJ3XXN4/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3FQ3IWJRRDEFK&keywords=gaming+laptop&qid=1694515456&refinements=p_85%3A20930949031%2Cp_n_feature_fifteen_browse-bin%3A21761439031|8322530031&rnid=8322509031&rps=1&s=computers&sprefix=gaming+laptop%2Caps%2C77&sr=1-3&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.42a483c5-1df2-46ee-a728-92d018483bf9

23 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Cheers for reply. Would you go for one you posted or this one? Deal: Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 15.6 Inch Gaming Laptop - (AMD Ryzen 5 5600H, 16GB, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060, Full HD 144Hz, Windows 11, Black - 3 Year Warranty) https://amzn.eu/d/2ZV5ymz

Also, does a gaming laptop make a massive difference for fm?

Edited by basqueliverpool

4 hours ago, basqueliverpool said:

Cheers for reply. Would you go for one you posted or this one? Deal: Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 15.6 Inch Gaming Laptop - (AMD Ryzen 5 5600H, 16GB, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060, Full HD 144Hz, Windows 11, Black - 3 Year Warranty) https://amzn.eu/d/2ZV5ymz

Also, does a gaming laptop make a massive difference for fm?

The difference between those two is the graphics card.  The price difference between them isn't massive so if you can afford the more expensive one, then go for it. 

For FM23 a gaming laptop isn't strictly necessary and likely won't be for FM24. However FM25 will see increased system requirements so there's a chance it may become necessary then. 

17 hours ago, kevhamster said:

The difference between those two is the graphics card.  The price difference between them isn't massive so if you can afford the more expensive one, then go for it. 

For FM23 a gaming laptop isn't strictly necessary and likely won't be for FM24. However FM25 will see increased system requirements so there's a chance it may become necessary then. 

Cheers for advice, greatly appreciated 

Hello all,

I have the choice of the Lenovo Legion Pro 5i (£1615.00) model

https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/p/laptops/legion-laptops/legion-pro-series/legion-pro-5i-gen-8-(16-inch-intel)/len101g0024

or the 14 inch Macbook Pro (£2149.00) model

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/14-inch

Price aside (work are purchasing) which is the better machine for FM and general tasks?

3 hours ago, BnadnerB said:

Hello all,

I have the choice of the Lenovo Legion Pro 5i (£1615.00) model

https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/p/laptops/legion-laptops/legion-pro-series/legion-pro-5i-gen-8-(16-inch-intel)/len101g0024

or the 14 inch Macbook Pro (£2149.00) model

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/14-inch

Price aside (work are purchasing) which is the better machine for FM and general tasks?

It pains me but so long as it supports the software you need for work the mac is probably going to give you a better experience. It will likely be quieter, have a nicer form factor and have much better battery life. The M2 is likely to have competitive if not better performance too. 

Don't think this is something anyone can definitely answer, as its a combo of preference and future-proofing. But I figure I'll ask anyway, in case anyone has a perspective I haven't considered. 

I FM on a gaming desktop I built a bit less than a year ago. Wasn't top end at the time, but it runs FM23 wonderfully. So FM24 should be fine and I'm moderately hopeful it will do well with the great unknown of FM25. My "backup" for FM was an MSI gaming laptop I bought in around 2016. It could run FM nicely, as well as some other games I play, but in truth, it was mostly used for web surfing, streaming, and playing some low-requirement text sim games. So it was overkill most of the time. Great when I travelled but that's not frequently. Its being retired and I'm stuck in an indecisive loop between a "regular" laptop and a gaming one. 

A regular laptop makes sense in most ways. Less expensive, lighter, better battery life, etc. Yet I keep looping back around to the idea of a gaming one, partly because relying on integrated graphics might be fine for FM24 and not workable at all for FM25. Don't think I'm looking for anything too crazy - Ryzen 7 (or i7 but I kinda prefer AMD) would be nice, 14 to 16 inch screen, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD (though 1GB would be lovely). Don't need touchscreen, 2-in-1 or anything like that. I'm in Canada and it would be nice to keep the cost closer to $1000 but can go closer to $2000 if needed. 

After an initial round of research and digging, I was kinda liking the Acer Swift X AMD (link) which is $1360 but only available on Amazon. Waiting to see if it goes on sale and looking around, and I stumble into something like this Lenovo (which seem to make a really solid laptop) Legion 5 for not THAT much more with the current sale. Bigger screen, better GPU, even a newer R7 processor. By the time I make up my mind  and make a purchase, that particular Legion 5 probably won't be on that deal, but it will be closer to Black Friday sales so I'm sure I can find something relatively similar. 

Part of what keeps me looping is is also that looking at non-gaming laptops with relatively similar specs (Ryzen 7, 32GB RAM) aren't that much cheaper than that Acer, not unless I look at CPUs that are less recent. 

So its not necessarily about narrowing it to EXACTLY what I want to buy, but deciding whether its better to save a few hundred and get a lighter laptop with better battery life that relies on integrated graphics, knowing it may not be usable for FM25 and beyond (as well as very limited on what other games I could potentially play)....? 

13 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Don't think this is something anyone can definitely answer, as its a combo of preference and future-proofing. But I figure I'll ask anyway, in case anyone has a perspective I haven't considered. 

I FM on a gaming desktop I built a bit less than a year ago. Wasn't top end at the time, but it runs FM23 wonderfully. So FM24 should be fine and I'm moderately hopeful it will do well with the great unknown of FM25. My "backup" for FM was an MSI gaming laptop I bought in around 2016. It could run FM nicely, as well as some other games I play, but in truth, it was mostly used for web surfing, streaming, and playing some low-requirement text sim games. So it was overkill most of the time. Great when I travelled but that's not frequently. Its being retired and I'm stuck in an indecisive loop between a "regular" laptop and a gaming one. 

A regular laptop makes sense in most ways. Less expensive, lighter, better battery life, etc. Yet I keep looping back around to the idea of a gaming one, partly because relying on integrated graphics might be fine for FM24 and not workable at all for FM25. Don't think I'm looking for anything too crazy - Ryzen 7 (or i7 but I kinda prefer AMD) would be nice, 14 to 16 inch screen, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD (though 1GB would be lovely). Don't need touchscreen, 2-in-1 or anything like that. I'm in Canada and it would be nice to keep the cost closer to $1000 but can go closer to $2000 if needed. 

After an initial round of research and digging, I was kinda liking the Acer Swift X AMD (link) which is $1360 but only available on Amazon. Waiting to see if it goes on sale and looking around, and I stumble into something like this Lenovo (which seem to make a really solid laptop) Legion 5 for not THAT much more with the current sale. Bigger screen, better GPU, even a newer R7 processor. By the time I make up my mind  and make a purchase, that particular Legion 5 probably won't be on that deal, but it will be closer to Black Friday sales so I'm sure I can find something relatively similar. 

Part of what keeps me looping is is also that looking at non-gaming laptops with relatively similar specs (Ryzen 7, 32GB RAM) aren't that much cheaper than that Acer, not unless I look at CPUs that are less recent. 

So its not necessarily about narrowing it to EXACTLY what I want to buy, but deciding whether its better to save a few hundred and get a lighter laptop with better battery life that relies on integrated graphics, knowing it may not be usable for FM25 and beyond (as well as very limited on what other games I could potentially play)....? 

I reckon that you will be best served with a laptop with a U-series Ryzen which has Radeon 680m or 780m integrated graphics. I would be very surprised if these processors wouldn't be able to run FM25, albeit perhaps with some settings turned down. This will give you a good balance of cost, performance (all of the processors with this iGPU solution are pretty powerful), efficiency and form factor. You should also be able to play a range of other games too - though it's likely settings will need to be turned down for those that are more modern or demanding. I'd look out for laptops with the following processors:

• Ryzen 7 7840U
  • Ryzen 7 7736U
  • Ryzen 7 7735U
  • Ryzen 7 6800U

16 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

It's a hard call at the moment, especially with no indication of what the required specs will be for FM25.  One thing to bear in mind though is you can always stream the game to your laptop  through Steam (ie, actually running the game on the desktop and then casting it to the laptop).

If you want to be able to play the game natively for sure, then the sensible option is to go for a gaming laptop.  Of the two linked, the Lenovo is considerably stronger both in terms of CPU and graphics card.

Hiya,

after many days of searching for a laptop, mainly to play FM on I’m down to these 2..

https://ao.com/product/fx506hchn057w-asus-tuf-gaming-f15-laptop-black-97491-251.aspx

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/msi-gf63-thin-15.6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-rtx-3050-512-gb-ssd-10251889.html

any help in choosing would be appreciated, also if there are any better options up to £750ish I’d be happy to take a look.

thanks I’m advance.

28 minutes ago, Pasty11 said:

Hiya,

after many days of searching for a laptop, mainly to play FM on I’m down to these 2..

https://ao.com/product/fx506hchn057w-asus-tuf-gaming-f15-laptop-black-97491-251.aspx

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/msi-gf63-thin-15.6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-rtx-3050-512-gb-ssd-10251889.html

any help in choosing would be appreciated, also if there are any better options up to £750ish I’d be happy to take a look.

thanks I’m advance.

The MSI is the better of the two as it has a stronger CPU.

Sorry for posting but I'm such a novice with all the numbers and letters on the processors etc. I'm looking for a really decent laptop that:

-Should run latest versions of FM fast with large databases
-Should be able to run TGC2019 (golf sim software) well and smoothly (https://shopindoorgolf.com/pages/tgc-2019-system-requirements)
-Should be able to run Formula One Manager 23 well
-Will enable me to do basic video editing etc
-Should run Windows

I was looking at the Asus ROG Strix Scar 18 (£4,000 ish). Is this a reasonable choice? Are there similar options that are more affordable or better options at that price point?

Ideal price would be around the £2k mark but don't want to give up too much in spec so could stretch to the £4k if necessary etc.

Any input appreciated.

Thanks

25 minutes ago, Sheafigeezer said:

Sorry for posting but I'm such a novice with all the numbers and letters on the processors etc. I'm looking for a really decent laptop that:

-Should run latest versions of FM fast with large databases
-Should be able to run TGC2019 (golf sim software) well and smoothly (https://shopindoorgolf.com/pages/tgc-2019-system-requirements)
-Should be able to run Formula One Manager 23 well
-Will enable me to do basic video editing etc
-Should run Windows

I was looking at the Asus ROG Strix Scar 18 (£4,000 ish). Is this a reasonable choice? Are there similar options that are more affordable or better options at that price point?

Ideal price would be around the £2k mark but don't want to give up too much in spec so could stretch to the £4k if necessary etc.

Any input appreciated.

Thanks

What you have there is something over and above what you'd need, but it is basically absolutely top of the range in terms of its specs.

However, if you don't mind a 17" display rather than an 18" one, this is over £1,000.00 cheaper: ttps://www.pcspecialist.co.uk/saved-configurations/recoil-VII-17/SkQHJcgUEa/

The main difference aside from that is the CPU, which is marginally less powerful, but still right at the top end of what is currently available.  It still has the same resolution and refresh rate screen as the ASUS.

And if you want to keep it under £2k, this one swaps out the RTX 4090 graphics card for the RTX 4070, which is still extremely capable and still excellent for your needs: https://www.pcspecialist.co.uk/saved-configurations/recoil-VII-17/QXXbnGtmbU/

Edited by kevhamster

Hi, 

I have been looking at the below two laptops. 

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3062148?clickPR=plp:15:46

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3063123?clickPR=plp:28:46

I intend to use the laptop for FM and work (which shouldn’t be too taxing). 

How much performance difference would I see between the two on FM, in terms of how many leagues / what settings I can run, and would it be worth the extra £250?

Thanks in advance for the help. 

7 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

What you have there is something over and above what you'd need, but it is basically absolutely top of the range in terms of its specs.

However, if you don't mind a 17" display rather than an 18" once, this is over £1,000.00 cheaper: ttps://www.pcspecialist.co.uk/saved-configurations/recoil-VII-17/SkQHJcgUEa/

The main difference aside from that is the CPU, which is marginally less powerful, but still right at the top end of what is currently available.  It still has the same resolution and refresh rate screen as the ASUS.

Much appreciated - I think I gravitated to 18 inch Asus as that's exactly what my current one is. I'd be happy with 17... the linked website looks a little intimidating - is there anything in particular I need to be careful with when buying? Sorry...

19 minutes ago, Sheafigeezer said:

Much appreciated - I think I gravitated to 18 inch Asus as that's exactly what my current one is. I'd be happy with 17... the linked website looks a little intimidating - is there anything in particular I need to be careful with when buying? Sorry...

If you're happy with the spec, you just need to hit the Proceed button and go to the delivery/payment options.  The links I've provided are the laptops fully configured.  :)

25 minutes ago, Jett22 said:

Hi, 

I have been looking at the below two laptops. 

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3062148?clickPR=plp:15:46

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3063123?clickPR=plp:28:46

I intend to use the laptop for FM and work (which shouldn’t be too taxing). 

How much performance difference would I see between the two on FM, in terms of how many leagues / what settings I can run, and would it be worth the extra £250?

Thanks in advance for the help. 

I'd go for the cheaper one based on your requirements.  There's not much difference between the CPU's according to notebookcheck and the RTX 3050 is absolutely fine for FM and should be fine once FM25 comes around as well.

I don't think there's enough difference based on you'll be doing with it to justify spending the extra.

Hey, looking for a new laptop for college and football manager.

I found this https://www.box.co.uk/82S90035UK-Lenovo-ideaPad-Gaming-3-Intel-Core-i5-12_4112636.html

Wondered wether it was a good deal or not 

I heard a dedicated graphics card will most likely be necessary for fm 25 so I presume a Gaming laptop is a must 

My budget is around £700 if there are any other recommendations 

Thanks

3 hours ago, fmmanager107 said:

Hey, looking for a new laptop for college and football manager.

I found this https://www.box.co.uk/82S90035UK-Lenovo-ideaPad-Gaming-3-Intel-Core-i5-12_4112636.html

Wondered wether it was a good deal or not 

I heard a dedicated graphics card will most likely be necessary for fm 25 so I presume a Gaming laptop is a must 

My budget is around £700 if there are any other recommendations 

Thanks

That is a good deal and I'm unable to find better at the price.  :)

I'm thinking of buying a laptop just to play fm and some basic things (netflix, quick searches everyday things) but nothing too heavy and I found these two which would be the best?

1-https://www.backmarket.fr/fr-fr/p/lenovo-ideapad-c340-11-14-ryzen-5-ghz-ssd-256-go-8-go/30baf3e5-6379-42e7-8c43-de3b5d76966c#l=11

2-https://www.backmarket.fr/fr-fr/p/lenovo-thinkpad-a485-14-ryzen-5-2-ghz-ssd-256-go-8-go-azerty-francais/5295811f-f17a-4afb-b1a6-37046d0891a0#l=11

My budget is around 300€ if there are any other recommendations 

7 minutes ago, flackovida said:

I'm thinking of buying a laptop just to play fm and some basic things (netflix, quick searches everyday things) but nothing too heavy and I found these two which would be the best?

1-https://www.backmarket.fr/fr-fr/p/lenovo-ideapad-c340-11-14-ryzen-5-ghz-ssd-256-go-8-go/30baf3e5-6379-42e7-8c43-de3b5d76966c#l=11

2-https://www.backmarket.fr/fr-fr/p/lenovo-thinkpad-a485-14-ryzen-5-2-ghz-ssd-256-go-8-go-azerty-francais/5295811f-f17a-4afb-b1a6-37046d0891a0#l=11

My budget is around 300€ if there are any other recommendations 

https://www.backmarket.fr/fr-fr/p/lenovo-ideapad-c340-11-14-ryzen-5-ghz-ssd-256-go-8-go/30baf3e5-6379-42e7-8c43-de3b5d76966c#l=11

Is marginally better of the two.

26 minutes ago, flackovida said:

Its good for fm? or should i search for something else 

Thanks

At the budget you've got, you'll struggle to find much better.  I'd describe is as OK for FM currently - it won't be blazingly quick, but can manage the 3D match engine currently at medium settings (can confirm, as I have a laptop myself with the Ryzen 5 2500U).

However, what isn't clear is how much the changes due in FM25 will change that.  We know FM25 will be more demanding in terms of system requirements, but not currently to what extent.

4 minutos atrás, kevhamster disse:

At the budget you've got, you'll struggle to find much better.  I'd describe is as OK for FM currently - it won't be blazingly quick, but can manage the 3D match engine currently at medium settings (can confirm, as I have a laptop myself with the Ryzen 5 2500U).

However, what isn't clear is how much the changes due in FM25 will change that.  We know FM25 will be more demanding in terms of system requirements, but not currently to what extent.

Yeah fm25 will be a different beast but i just want something to play the new fm for now, and related to the database, how many leagues do you think it carries smooth ? I like playing  with 8/9 active leagues 

13 minutes ago, flackovida said:

Yeah fm25 will be a different beast but i just want something to play the new fm for now, and related to the database, how many leagues do you think it carries smooth ? I like playing  with 8/9 active leagues 

When I was using the 2500U laptop for playing FM, I personally found it to be OK with a larger database size than that, but that it is very subjective so we don't really comment on how many leagues a specific laptop will run because everyone's expectations are different.

Hi guys

Looking to invest in new laptop for FM24 due to old one breaking down on me. Only use for FM mainly and backing up phone etc. I noticed ebay have 20% off (up to £60) off for LaptopOutletDirect thought might be a good time to get involved (and make you all aware!)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/laptopoutletltd?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=W41dZevUSGe&sssrc=3418065&ssuid=8aDz9CxOSya&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Looking for something cheap as possible really (under £500) but hopefully compatible for FM25 (I understand specifications aren’t out but something which hopefully is good enough). I usually just run 1 or 2 leagues, play on 3D, Is there any which you would recommend to go for? I have seen a few which would be good to get some thoughts?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185976282795?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=W41dZevUSGe&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=8aDz9CxOSya&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPYhttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185976282795?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=W41dZevUSGe&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=8aDz9CxOSya&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404245209577?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=W41dZevUSGe&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=8aDz9CxOSya&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Thank you in advance!

48 minutos atrás, kevhamster disse:

When I was using the 2500U laptop for playing FM, I personally found it to be OK with a larger database size than that, but that it is very subjective so we don't really comment on how many leagues a specific laptop will run because everyone's expectations are different.

I think I'm going to buy the one you suggested and  hopefully it will run fm25 as well

Thank you so much for the help

2 hours ago, hodgeyy said:

Hi guys

Looking to invest in new laptop for FM24 due to old one breaking down on me. Only use for FM mainly and backing up phone etc. I noticed ebay have 20% off (up to £60) off for LaptopOutletDirect thought might be a good time to get involved (and make you all aware!)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/laptopoutletltd?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=W41dZevUSGe&sssrc=3418065&ssuid=8aDz9CxOSya&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Looking for something cheap as possible really (under £500) but hopefully compatible for FM25 (I understand specifications aren’t out but something which hopefully is good enough). I usually just run 1 or 2 leagues, play on 3D, Is there any which you would recommend to go for? I have seen a few which would be good to get some thoughts?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185976282795?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=W41dZevUSGe&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=8aDz9CxOSya&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPYhttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185976282795?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=W41dZevUSGe&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=8aDz9CxOSya&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404245209577?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=W41dZevUSGe&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=8aDz9CxOSya&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Thank you in advance!

What I'd go for around that budget is here: https://www.laptopstation.co.uk/products/hp-victus-15-fb0020na-amd-ryzen-5-16gb-ram-256gb-ssd-amd-graphics-15-6-ips-fhd-screen-gaming-laptop

At £520 it's slightly above the £500, but you're getting a very good CPU with a dedicated graphics card and 16GB of RAM.  Until we know the specs for FM25, it is going to be safest to look at computers with dedicated graphics cards, especially for those wanting to play in 3D.