dafuge's FM21 challenge

2134349991_craybadge.png.27d0a9e2ea4fa18c701213528543fb10.png

Season Review 2022/23

League Table    Squad    Competitions    Finances    Manager Profile    Best 11    Transfers

I will be honest, I didnt expect this league to be so difficult. I have played many saves in this league but never one as a semi-pro side, and what a difference it makes. We spent the summer struggling to sign players of any real quality, and started the season with 1 win in 13 games. At this point, I thought relegation was nigh on a certain. We managed to bring in a few loanees from the higher divisions, who were not interested earlier on in the season and started to pick up the odd result here and there.  We had 2 separate 6 game unbeaten runs, but going into the last day, sat 20th, with 3 teams already down, and 17th-20th all on level points, it was all to play for. A solid 2-1 win over fellow part timers maidenhead secured our status for another season.

Next season is going to be just as hard, the board have flat out refused to turn professional and with us being only 1 of 3 semi pro sides in the league, I cant see us doing much better. 

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lewis89 - good season but i have always found the VNL tough, the teams in it seem better than L2 which is always easier.

You need about 500K in the bank usually before a club will even consider turning pro and sometimes higher depending on the board. They will always tun pro if promoted to L2.

End of Season Review

Season 2021/22

FC United of Manchester

Errea is named new technical sponsor of FC United of Manchester!

League Table - We had a good season overall, qualifying for the end of season play offs.

Play Offs - We were dreadful in the play offs, losing at home to Boston United in the semi final.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - We started the season really well and were top after thirteen games.  Our form then became patchy and we finished in the play offs.

F. A. Cup - An excellent cup run, ended in the third round at Swindon Town.  Gutted we didn't get a big draw as the money would of been very helpful.

F. A. Trophy - Another good cup run, reaching the quarter final, before being soundly beaten at home by Wealdstone.

Pre Season Friendlies - The usual mix of games against bigger and smaller clubs.

Squad - A good squad but not strong enough for the league above.

Squad Dynamics - After a successful season, this is as good as you would expect it to be.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Just the one departure, with Luke Griffiths moving on after wanting to move to a bigger club.

Youth Candidates - A good intake with Ross Holland YP22A1 being the stand out player.

Finances - Very healthy indeed.

Key Players

Barry Wardrope - Teenage Scottish left winger who came through the academy the season before I arrived.  Simply sensational.  I will struggle to hang on to him I think.

Chris Doyle - Commanding centre back who is an absolute rock.

Curtis Jones - Doyle's partner at centre back, the pair are the main reason we finished so high in the table.

Regan Linney - Striker who had a good year, returning 24 goals in his 53 appearances.

Dan Lavercombe - An excellent campaign from the goalkeeper.

Next Season

Another push for the playoffs is the goal.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications       Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                   1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22    Minimal = (0.50*) ↑   None =                 4 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   2 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   6 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Average          Fairly basic       Local   (1.00*)
2021/22    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Good ↑           Adequate ↑         Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      60        33       12       15         126              84                 +42

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          60        33       12       15         126              84                 +42              316 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        3rd       Third round                     N/a           Lost in semi final of promotion play off.  Quarter final of the F. A. Trophy.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Ross Holland YP22A1                       6

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Scott Jones YP22F6                     1

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                  0

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                     0

Edited by DazRTaylor

1 hour ago, Thebaker said:

@Lewis89 - good season but i have always found the VNL tough, the teams in it seem better than L2 which is always easier.

You need about 500K in the bank usually before a club will even consider turning pro and sometimes higher depending on the board. They will always tun pro if promoted to L2.

Cheers. Ive always found it pretty simple on previous versions, admittedly with teams that have better rep than my current side.

Yeah I've no chance on acquiring 500k without a FA Cup run, so could be stuck here for a while. 

On 16/11/2020 at 16:28, TheMadMonk said:

Badge.jpg.3f307a7ecf758f753082d9045b85b946.jpg

Season 2021-2022

Expectations were for a Mid Table finish, but the squad I inherited proved good enough to win the League with 3 games to go. These season end info screens need quite a bit of work in the readiness for the actual release - lots of empty place holders and incomplete information, but I suppose that's the point of a beta - to identify the bits to finish fully

image.png.847c0a727c0402afa2072eb53fa34024.png

Below are the Memorable Moments from the end of season review

image.png.76a4fd730f78cc4c3904e4bc5372b30c.png

The only real problems I had was trying to entice players to come and play for us - even an affiliate with Bristol Rovers only garnered 1 loanee. I did leave most of the general transfer business to the DoF, or I'd identify possible Transfer Targets and give him instructions to sign them up - I don't think he actually managed to sign anyone I identified !! 

image.thumb.png.3c5454141770d271dd893a81f920c9ed.png

The team of the season below is actually a little bugged -  as Reuben Collins was a standout player for us for the first half of the season, but the appearances and form rating shown on the below screenshot are his figures for the time he spent at Grimsby after we sold him in the January Transfer window - I may actually try and get him back on loan for next season
Kieran Hayes was an absolute beast for us in terms of Goals scored AND assists - and he spent most of the season in one of the three Attacking Midfield roles behind the Striker.

image.thumb.png.1041734da88c4200509624a3a312e34f.png

Hopefully for the step up I can entice at least a few decent loanees down to the South West - surely a season in Truro must be a better place for some decent youngsters to learn their trade, than training through the winter at the likes of Hartlepool or Gateshead ? If I can't get the DoF to up his negotiating skills then he looks like being replaced by the New Year.

image.png

Great job at winning your first title!!!!

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

FC United of Manchester

League Table - A dreadful start to the season saw the club in the drop zone after six games.  We recovered somewhat though still finished below where we ended up last season.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - We were so inconsistent.  Long spells without winning following by long unbeaten runs.

F. A. Cup - We only made it to the fourth qualifying round this year.  Very poor.  Kidderminster Harriers proved too strong.

F. A. Trophy - Chester knocked us out at the third round stage.

Pre Season Friendlies - A poor pre season, with some real hammerings unfortunately.

Squad - The squad is improving though I really need some of these academy players to push on.

Squad Dynamics - Everyone likes everyone else it seems.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - None.

Youth Candidates - A good intake with Ryan McCormick YP23C19 not only being the pick of the bunch, but he has made an immediate impact in the first team.

Finances - Very healthy, which has enabled me to increase the quality of the academy.

Key Players

Barry Wardrope - According to the coaches, he is now playing at Football League level.  Not sure how long we can hold onto him for.

Curtis Jones - Another stellar campaign from the central defender.

Chris Doyle - Jones' centre back partner and like Jones, he had a fine campaign.

Tre Pemberton - Playing on the opposite wing to Wardrope, he played well throughout.

Regan Linney - A decent campaign by the striker, though he has declined since last season.

Next Season

I would love to get back into the play offs.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications       Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                   1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22    Minimal = (0.50*) ↑   None =                 4 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   2 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   6 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑
2022/23    Minimal = (0.75*) ↑   National C ↑           6 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   4 ↑   2 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   5 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Average          Fairly basic       Local   (1.00*)
2021/22    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Good ↑           Adequate ↑         Local = (1.00*) =
2022/23    Basic =              Below average ↑        4 ↑     Adequate =            Excellent ↑↑     Good ↑↑            Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      60        33       12       15         126              84                 +42
2022/23      51 ↓      22 ↓     11 ↓     18 ↑        89 ↓            77 ↓               +12 ↓

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          60        33       12       15         126              84                 +42              316 days
2022/23         111        55       23       33         215             161                 +54              673 days

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        3rd       Third round                     N/a           Lost in semi final of promotion play off.  Quarter final of the F. A. Trophy.
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North       10th ↓     Fourth qualifying round ↓       N/a           Mid table mediocrity.  Third round of the F. A. Trophy.

2022/23    Scott Jones YP22F6                       40

2022/23    Scott Jones YP22F6                    13

2022/23    Scott Jones YP22F6                      1
           Tim Barker YP23L28                      1

2022/23    Scott Mason YP22G7                         1

Edited by DazRTaylor

As I've already grown bored of my beta save as Man City, I've decided that I can't be bothered to wait for the 'full' release. I will be attempting this challenge again as..

image.thumb.png.2b3e8f22d7bd8a8e3dc1df3929e71313.png

It is time to bring some glory to Cornish football.

Needham Market
220px-Needham_Market_FC.PNG
Season 22-23 review

Squad - Table - Transfers - Finances - Profile - Injuries - Accolades - Financial Overview - Data Report - Moments to Remember - Season to Remember

Season started well, with us climbing to the fourth place. A position that didn't last long though. Second half of the season we were hit with injuries, fatigue problemed players and for the most, it was a puzzle to be able to set competitive teams. Had several undeveloped young players in the rotation, which naturally did cost points. Despite a somewhat steady form, we slowly went down the table and finished in 10th place. Overall acceptable. Last years amazing top scorer Zohore was injured for almost 3 months, which after scoring 18 goals, had him sidelined the remaining season. The injuries in general we didn't have last season, came this season. 

Seeing the promotion didn't seem likely this season, the choice was made to keep players fit for the cups. In the FA we were lucky and were playing lesser teams to the 3rd round, where knocked out by QPR. The FAT had us as long as the Semi Finals, where we lost both matches, which was really disappointing.

A couple of players worth mentioning are: GK Adam Desbois, previously Brighton, who set a record of clean sheets. DR Mikkel Fosu, previously Chelmsford is really starting to mature. Really great physical stats for this level. IF Trever Kavanagh, previously Maidenshead is just interesting. Young, consistent and amazing passing record, as downside he is really struggling on the fatigue.

Season League Position Ch.Leag Eu.Leag FA Cup Lea. Cup JPT FAT
22-23 VN * * * 3rd rnd * * S.Final
21-22 VNN 3rd * * 1st rnd * * Q.Final

4 hours ago, Lenzar said:

As I've already grown bored of my beta save as Man City, I've decided that I can't be bothered to wait for the 'full' release. I will be attempting this challenge again as..

image.thumb.png.2b3e8f22d7bd8a8e3dc1df3929e71313.png

It is time to bring some glory to Cornish football.

Good Luck - I ended up with Truro also, they seemed to have a fair squad  (if not a little unbalanced IIRC) - with three or four really decent for the level.

Edited by TheMadMonk

1257097089_craybadge.png.234ae831833439e9807c3df16bbf5955.png

Season Review 2023/24

League Table    Results 1    Results 2    Results 3    Squad    Finances    Best 11    

Our 2nd season in the National League ended with a decent 11th placed finish, places and 13 points better off than last season. We started the season poorly again but got up to as high as 7th at one point. Another run of bad form led to a tactical shift, and we started playing an attacking 442 which led to results really improving, it even meant we was able to get to a first ever FA Trophy Final. We faced Boreham Wood who we had took points of this season so I thought a win could be on the cards. At half time we was 4-0 down and even though we pulled it back to 4-3 with 20 mins to play, it just wasn't to be. Still a final appearance helped the bank balance out abit and the progress shown on the field leaves me feeling optimistic that with the right signings over the summer, we can mount a push for the play offs next season. 

Edited by Lewis89

End of Season Review

Season 2023/24

FC United of Manchester

League Table - Overall, a better season than last year and a good run in saw the club finish sixth and qualify for the play offs.

Play Offs - A tough draw away to Gateshead in the first round put paid to our promotion hopes as we were well beaten 3-1.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - We had more maddening inconsistency, but we were always in and around the play off hunt.

F. A. Cup - A tough draw away to National League side Harrogate Town saw the club eliminated at the fourth qualifying round stage for the second year running.

F. A. Trophy - We went out at the first time of asking, in the second round, at home to Chester, just like last season.

Pre Season Friendlies - Much better than last season with just two defeats in our ten matches.

Squad - Much stronger than last season with some outstanding young players.

Squad Dynamics - Pretty solid as you would expect.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Two departures, with our best player, Barry Wardrope being sold for £100,000, being the biggest deal.

Youth Candidates - A phenomenal intake this year with several outstanding talents.  Stipe Osmanovic YP24A33 being the obvious stand out player.

Finances - We are still in the black, though we don not have as much cash as we used to, largely down to the upgrades for the youth academy.

Key Players

Stipe Osmanovic YP24A33 - The best player at the club who refuses to sign a contract.  He will probably go this summer Everton are already sniffing around him.

Johnny Connerton YP24J42 - Very young goalkeeper who has performed well.

Chris Doyle - Another good season from the central defender.

Curtis Jones - The Jones & Doyle centre back partnership continues to perform.

Regan Linney - A better season from the striker who will struggle to get game time going forward, with the emergence of Stipe Osmanovic YP24A33.

Next Season

Making the the playoffs again will be the goal.

Personal Coaching Data

2022/23    Minimal = (0.75*) ↑   National C ↑           6 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   4 ↑   2 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   5 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑
2023/24    Nominal ↑ (1.25*) ↑   National B ↑           8 ↑   8 ↑   4 ↑   3 ↑   4 =   3 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   6 =   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   9 ↑

Club Facilities

2022/23    Basic =              Below average ↑        4 =     Adequate =            Excellent ↑↑     Good ↑↑            Local = (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic =              Below average =        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional ↑    Exceptional ↑↑     Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

2022/23      51 ↓      22 ↓     11 ↓     18 ↑        89 ↓            77 ↓               +12 ↓
2023/24      51 =      24 ↑     13 ↑     14 ↓        97 ↑            84 ↑               +13 ↑

Overall Career Record

2022/23         111        55       23       33         215             161                 +54              673 days
2023/24         162        79       36       47         312             245                 +67            1,048 days

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North       10th ↓     Fourth qualifying round ↓       N/a           Mid table mediocrity.  Third round of the F. A. Trophy.
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        6th ↑     Fourth qualifying round =       N/a           Lost in first round of promotion play off.  Second round of the F. A. Trophy.

2023/24    Scott Jones YP22F6                       56

2023/24    Scott Jones YP22F6                    14
           Ryan McCormick YP23C19                14

2023/24    Ryan McCormick YP23C19                  5

2023/24    Scott Mason YP22G7                         5

Just now, DazRTaylor said:

As he wasn't tied down to a contract, clubs could offer him a deal directly, bypassing me.  The tribunal fee was only £7,500 plus a 15% sell on clause.  So I accepted only £800 from Newcastle...with a 50% sell on clause.

Sounds like a smart move :thup:

End of Season Review

Season 2024/25

FC United of Manchester

League Table - We flirted with the play offs all season before dropping out of the top seven on the last day of the season.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - We won our first three games before the familiar tale of inconsistency once again raised its head.

F. A. Cup - For the third season in a row, we only made it as far as the fourth qualifying round.  Chorley getting the better of us this season.

F. A. Trophy - We made it through to the third round before losing rather disappointingly at Kings Lynn Town.

Pre Season Friendlies - An even worse pre season than last year, with lots of defeats.

Squad - Getting stronger all the time, though some of the players are already starting to outgrow the club.

Squad Dynamics - Exceptional, thankfully.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Just the one departure, our best player, Stipe Osmanovic YP24A33 to Newcastle United.

Youth Candidates - Another wonderful group of players, with Geoff Myers YP25F54 being the best of the bunch.

Finances - The lack of any cup runs continues to dwindle our bank balance.

Key Players

Andrew Camacho YP23D20 - The central defender was sensational all season.

Chris Doyle - The perfect partner for the teenage Camacho who was excellent again this year.

Keith Phelan YP24F38 - His first full season in the team and he returned a surprising 29 goals in his 48 appearances.

Brian Prescott YP24H40 - Playing either up front or on the wing, he was inconsistent.  Either very good or very bad.

Johnny Connerton YP24J42 - Goalkeeper who has not developed as much as I would like.  Now has serious competition so his place may be in jeopardy next season.

Next Season

We must achieve a play off place, at the very least.

Personal Coaching Data

2023/24    Nominal ↑ (1.25*) ↑   National B ↑           8 ↑   8 ↑   4 ↑   3 ↑   4 =   3 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   6 =   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   9 ↑
2024/25    Nominal = (1.50*) ↑   National A ↑           9 ↑  10 ↑   5 ↑   3 =   4 =   3 =  10 ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   6 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  13 ↑  10 =  11 ↑

Club Facilities

2022/23    Basic =              Below average ↑        4 =     Adequate =            Excellent ↑↑     Good ↑↑            Local = (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic =              Below average =        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional ↑    Exceptional ↑↑     Local = (1.00*) =
2024/25    Basic =              Below average =        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

2023/24      51 =      24 ↑     13 ↑     14 ↓        97 ↑            84 ↑               +13 ↑
2024/25      52 ↑      25 ↑      9 ↓     20 ↑       105 ↑            89 ↑               +16 ↑

Overall Career Record

2023/24         162        79       36       47         312             245                 +67            1,048 days
2024/25         214       104       43       67         417             334                 +83            1,408 days

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        6th ↑     Fourth qualifying round =       N/a           Lost in first round of promotion play off.  Second round of the F. A. Trophy.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        8th ↓     Fourth qualifying round =       N/a           Missed out on promotion play offs on the last day.  Third round of F. A. Trophy.

2024/25    Ryan McCormick YP23C19                   89

2024/25    Keith Phelan YP24F38                  29

2024/25    Ryan McCormick YP23C19                 15

2024/25    Johnny Connerton YP24J42                   9

Edited by DazRTaylor

And I got fired in the first season after not getting out of the relegation places. I think my main mistake was to care to much about the finances and really keep my budget low while losing still losing a lot. I feel like the correct strat here would be spend your money and let the board care about the money.
Not sure what I will do when we have to full game out. I may restart but I also have so many other saves I would like to do.

Needham Market
220px-Needham_Market_FC.PNG
Season Summary 23-24

Squad - Table - Transfers - Finances - Profile - Injuries - Accolades - Financial Overview - Commercial Summary - Data Report - Moments to Remember - Season to Remember

A fine season in which we enjoyed near total dominance by winning the league and going all the way to the final in the FAT.

The season started off really great, where we didn't suffer a loss until early december. We had a silly amount of drawn games (14), and only suffered 3 losses. We tallied a whooping 101 points and a +51 GD. Our keeper Adam Desbois had 26 clean sheets in the league and 32 overall. Zohore kept his good form, despite being a little less clinical, he still scored 31 goals in 48 games. 

Injury wise we had a lot better season than the 22-23 season. We also have a slightly larger squad and have been focusing on resting players, that struggled last season.

The Cups were a good, yet depressing experience. In the FA Cup we exited in 2nd round to L2 Shrewsbury, after a 1st round win vs L1 Bristol City. In the FAT we went all the way to the final, where Boston took the trophy. Boston, was the same team, which kicked us out the tournament in last season, and furthermore they placed 2nd and got promoted. I am looking forward to some personal rivalry come next season. Am still going with our 5-2-3, as it really seems solid defense wise.

Going into L2 with a new expansion to the stadium, rather than a new stadium looks promising. I have high hopes for being able to get a "better" new stadium if built higher up in the leagues.

Noteworthy players:

Rob Defty: (previously Leicester) worked as striker and IF and provided great roation with the 2 players in those positions. 18 goals and 12 assists.
Eli Christie: (previously Leicester) DC - solid defensive play and part of "3 steady positions", where other playes worked as covering for fatigue issues.
Trevor Kavanagh: IF - Third season with us, and despite not having amazing stats, besides speed, he still helped with 9 goals and 8 assists.
Marcel Lewis: (5 years at Chelsea without playing a game) - MC/AM R/L - Played mostly MC, but with his diversity a perfect all round player.

Arthur Reid: Went to Brentford following chairmans decision. Could have used him, as he played really great in defense, and abilities on midfield.

In other news: Liverpool won the PRM for the 3d time in a row, and 4 times last 6 seasons total.

Season League Position Ch.Leag Eu.Leag FA Cup Car. Cup PJT FAT
23-24 VN 1st * * 2nd rnd * * Final
22-23 VN 10th * * 3rd rnd * * S.Final
21-22 VNN 3rd * * 1st rnd * * Q.Final

I’m currently playing around with Feyenoord on the beta, waiting to join this thread on full release. Had my first attempts at this type of save last edition, and although I wasn’t particularly successful I found it a lot more enjoyable. Haven’t figured out a team yet, but I have Tuesday off work and will be going all out on release day to try and succeed. I’ll get back then, but for now will be keeping an eye on all you guys progress.

End of Season Review

Season 2025/26

FC United of Manchester

League Table - We were more consistent than in recent years and comfortably qualified for the promotion play offs.

Play Offs - A comfortable win over Darlington in the first round saw the club travel to Chorley in the semi final, who proved far too strong and ended our season.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - We were threatening top spot until a poor run of form in November and December meant we were only ever going to obtain a play off place.

F. A. Cup - Again, for the fourth season running, we couldn't get past the fourth qualifying round.  York City hammering us at home putting paid to any hopes of a cup run.

F. A. Trophy - We made it through to the fourth round before losing to old foes Chorley in a replay.

Pre Season Friendlies - A much better pre season with only three defeats, all of them closely fought affairs.

Squad - The potential of some of these players is outstanding and they are starting to develop.

Squad Dynamics - As good as always.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Just the one permanent sale and one of my best players.  He wouldn't sign a contract though and we do have a 50% sell on clause.

Youth Candidates - Another intake oozing quality.  Roberto Santamaría YP26C67 looking like a real find.

Finances - We are close to even, so if any bids come in for any of my youngsters, I expect the board to accept them over my head.

Key Players

Andrew Camacho YP23D20 - The best defender at the club, he was exceptional all season.

Keith Phelan YP24F38 - Another goalscoring season from the Irishman.  He won't sign a new deal, so he may have to be sold.

Brian Prescott YP24H40 - A good season from the winger and striker.  He has signed a new two year contract.

Owen Carpenter YP24I41 - He has developed into a top midfielder for this level.  Ran the show on quite a few occasions this season.

Jeff Williams YP25E53 - Right back who has cemented his place in the fist team.

Next Season

We really do need to get out of this league, so the aim is promotion.  Somehow.

Personal Coaching Data

2024/25    Nominal = (1.50*) ↑   National A ↑           9 ↑  10 ↑   5 ↑   3 =   4 =   3 =  10 ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   6 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  13 ↑  10 =  11 ↑
2025/26    Nominal = (1.50*) =   National A =          10 ↑  10 =   5 =   3 =   5 ↑   3 =  10 =   9 =  10 ↑   9 ↑   1 =   8 =   8 =   9 =  13 =  12 ↑  12 ↑

Club Facilities

3Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
2024/25    Basic =              Below average =        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      Local = (1.00*) =
2025/26    Basic =              Below average =        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

2024/25      52 ↑      25 ↑      9 ↓     20 ↑       105 ↑            89 ↑               +16 ↑
2025/26      56 ↑      31 ↑     12 ↑     13 ↓       127 ↑            82 ↓               +45 ↑

Overall Career Record

2024/25         214       104       43       67         417             334                 +83            1,408 days
2025/26         270       135       55       80         544             416                +128            1,780 days

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        8th ↓     Fourth qualifying round =       N/a           Missed out on promotion play offs on the last day.  Third round of the F. A. Trophy.
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        5th ↑     Fourth qualifying round =       N/a           Lost in semi final of promotion play off.  Fourth round of the F. A. Trophy.

2025/26    Andrew Camacho YP23D20                  127

2025/26    Keith Phelan YP24F38                  72

2025/26    Brian Prescott YP24H20                 26

2024/25    Johnny Connerton YP24J42                  11
2025/26    Johnny Connerton YP24J42                  15

Badge.jpg.f3952bb60cfa197a9eb4f1d3e14805e7.jpg

Second Season

Season 2022-2023

Vanarama National League - Final Position 13th

Expected to fight bravely against relegation, but after a poor start we stuttered to a mid table finish - never troubling the play-off contenders and never really skirting with relegation - it was just a bit of a meh!! season

image.png.96f915e8126d8c4fa0238180d9020f47.png

Moments to remember

image.png.bd93b06523cc963bdcb022d978331259.png

Team of the season .... Strangely even though he played almost as many matches as last season Kieran Hayes' goalscoring prowess completely disappeared - scoring only 1 goal, after scoring 25+ last season ? - he did assist 12 though, to earn his place in the team of the year.

Top scorer this season Andrew Neal - a player I was encouraged not to give a new contract to last year by my backroom staff. !

image.png.ecb85ce8c325558e4ff4e92ffc369781.png

I'm hoping to push on this season, and I may be looking for a new DoF, as the current one is absolutely pants, he finds little or know recruits for the first team -  and after the simplest of negotiations is often left to me to dive in with a renegotiation to get players to come, or stay.

The little bugs in the beta are beginning to grind a bit know, and I'm not quite feeling the immersion I did with FM20 - I'm pretty sure that will change when the patches start coming along. So onward to season 2024, and hopefully the first of the patches may be here in time for official release date

Edited by TheMadMonk

Season 2 - Vanarama South - 5th place - Playoff semifinal

image.jpeg.88b60dd211ac10890fe8abd82a5dc690.jpeg

An old friend from FM20 dafuge came up in scouting and became my leading scorer in the league this year. Weird (and annoying) season saw us in 1st for almost the entire first half of the season, then we started leaking goals from 25+ yards. We never dropped below 5th, but also rarely climbed above that spot either. The first round of the playoffs was the most dramatic game of FM21 thus far (for me). A dubious penalty gave them the lead in the 81st minute, but we got an accidental goal in 90+4' as our striker tried to flick on a free kick and it floated over the onrushing keeper. In extra time we got a goal in 110' to send us into the semifinal. The semifinal had less drama, though it started with us hitting the inside of both posts on a shot. After that it was back to fluky long shots and the game ended 3-0 to the hosts with the only goal from inside 25 yards coming from a missed header from one of our CBs. Almost all of the youth players who are about to be released are not up to the standard of the division, so I'm not sure who will be coming in over the summer.

League Table

Season Stats

Transfers

Year League Position Cups Training Youth Junior Recruitment Attendance (Cap) Badges Transfers (In-Out) Top Scorer Most Assists Av. Rating Clean Sheets May balance Total wages
2022/2023 Vanarama South 5th FA - 2nd round, FAT - 4th round Basic Poor Average Adequate 1310 (4500) Continental C 15 - 6 (+£26k) Connor Hall - 15 (Powell - 23) Jesse Starkey - 11 (12) Aarran Racine - 7.49 (44) Tiernan Parker - 5 (5) £138k £6.2k p/w
2021/2022 Vanarama South 7th FA - 1st round, FAT - 3rd round Basic Poor Average Adequate 1123 (4500) National B 14 - 4 (£0) Euan Pollock - 26 (34) Jesse Starkey - 10 (11) Aarran Racine - 7.48 (51) Tiernan Parker - 20 (23) £14k £5.1k p/w
Edited by CMU Chips

Halfway through the 4th season and we have the dreaded corrupt file :mad:. Was really enjoying the challenge so will be giving it another go with Cray again when the game is released tomorrow.  

My FC United youth only save is continuing though tomorrow I will begin this challenge with a club where I can buy players as normal.

In the last two seasons I have got to the Premier League is successive seasons without much difficulty...but then struggled massively in the top flight and have yet to win the Champions League as a result.  So hoping the first part remains the same but I am better in the second part!

image.jpeg.ba7b61abe0f2e0406a9ef85984f2ebec.jpeg

Season Review (Season One, 2021-22)

Table / Position Graph / Squad / Finances / Transfers / Manager Attributes / Manager Character / Facilities / Annual Injuries / Competitions / Reputation / Club Vision

SUMMARY

Season One went much better than everyone expected.  First, I barely inherited a team.  I had one staff (assistant manager) that didn't resign the offer I made.  I had one player/coach (34 yo left winger -- probably my best player) who wouldn't resign either.  I had 11 players, one of which was a loanee, the other a promising 16yo that really wasn't ready to start).  With the player/coach and loanee leaving, I couldn't even field a full squad.  The good news (sort of) was 8 of the remaining players already had contracts sorted for the year, so I didn't have to squabble with them while trying to find players in a completely unscouted system.   As is usual for my first season, I relaxed my house rules slightly, making use of trials more than usual (I usually only trial players in after an initial scout report gives them a grade of 60-70 or higher).  First to get sorted out was the striker position --- I started with ZERO natural strikers (and only one AMC that could play striker I think).  My first signing, Ben Seymour-Shove, ended up being a bust, scoring only 3 goals (and getting 2 assists) in his 24 total appearances (11 as a sub).  Despite his better than decent attributes, he just couldn't fit into either my lone striker (4-2-3-1) formation or my usual 4-1(DM)-3-2 (a formation I've used since FM15/16 timeframe).  At only £95/wk, it wasn't a huge loss.  My second striker signing, shortly after Ben, turned out to be much, much better.  Looking at his attributes, I figured Callum Crook to be a decent #2 to fit alongside Seymour-Shove; however, Crook ended up stealing the show (and the FPoY, VNLPoY, and VNL Top Goalscorer awards!)  Able to shuck defenders virtually at will, and absolutely clinical in front of goal, Shove ended up with 37 goals (all league goals) to finish joint top of the league goalscoring table --- and did it in only 33 starts (and 7 sub appearances) to win the golden boot.  His AvR of 7.31 was among the top in the league, and he picked up 8 PoM as well.  At less than £130/wk (I don't remember his starting wage -- it was likely £80-90), he ended up to be quite a bargain.  Despite the advice I got that he was not good enough to re-sign..... I did :P 

After the strikers were sorted, I went and signed an AML and AMR, determining that I would use the wingers this year in a secondary formation (which turned out to be my #1 formation in the end!).  Coming in were Gerand SIthole and Kyren Henderson who served as the primary wingers until late in the season when I added some depth.  Henderson, on the left wing (7 goals/10 assists) was a very strong force playing as an inverted winger, while Sithole (careful pronunciation required on stream!) was solid if not spectacular on the right.  He contributed another 7 goals and 4 assists.  Of the rest of the early transfers, Andrew Demby was the most notable, playing in midfield and as the anchorman in the 4-1(DM)-3-2 formation that I attempted (not too well, still need some pieces to fit that formation/tactic better).  Everyone else signed early on was for depth and rotation, for, as I mentioned, I could now barely fill the squad and subs bench WITH these signings!

Preseason went well, with the team picking up 4 wins in 6 (the 2 losses were a 3-2 loss to L1 Swindon and a 1-0 loss to Billericay in the VNS).  Then came a bit of a stuttering start in the league with a 3-2 win vs Spennymoor and 4-0 win vs Gateshead (a match which featured TWO own-goals---both by the Gateshead keeper :D).  That was followed by a 2-1 loss vs Chorley and 3-2 loss vs Alfreton.  We picked up a single win, 2 draws and 2 losses in the next 5....at which point I was feeling fairly comfortable that at least we would avoid the relegation quagmire -- but was frustrating in that we couldn't see any real consistency.  Then, the magic started, and we went 7 straight without a loss (the first of 2 7-match runs) that shot us up the table to hover in and around the playoffs --- a spot we would hold until the end of the season.  In late October I decided I needed to shore up my defense a bit, and brought in the 2nd loanee (the first loanee was a DL that never really made a shout on the team).  Unlike his fellow loanee, Josh Fouche was integral to our holding position in/around the playoffs from November on.  Coming from Colchester, the center back was a beast (especially in the air, where he collected 148 headers won ( a number similar to defenders that played an entire season).  His AvR of 7.44 was 3rd in the league (partly due to his completing 96% of his passes playing as a BPD -- a role I normally don't use but was required by both himself and his parent team).  As I said, an absolute beast and a key player in our run to the end of the season.

Two other new names (well, three) came up very late in the season.  In January, my chairman announced his impending retirement, and a fight broke out between two potential buyers.  In the end, Iain Thorne (the one I DIDN'T want to win the rights to Leiston FC, as his competitor denounced Thorne's desire to install a new manager if he won) took over the club.  I held my breath for about a month (I'm sure I was turning quite blue!) but, the expected sacking didn't come.  What did come were two players that Thorne brought in "as part of his campaign promises".  I cringed when I first heard this proclamation, but the two ended up quite useful....and quite cheap.  FIrst was DC/DR Daniel Magill, immediately my best DC (excepting Fouche) & (supposedly) DR, in on only £85/wk.  Quite a bargain, he ended up with 1 goal, 1 assist, and a 7.00 AvR in his 11(1) matches.  Gary Donnelly, primarily an AMC, gave us a bit better rotation option in that spot.  He played 9(3) matches, scoring 2 goals and 2 assists.  At £130/wk (£150/wk in the coming season) he should be a useful addition as well.

The pieces were now all in place for us to make a statement and make the playoffs.  We had one 7-match unbeaten run in the first half, and we doubled that tally in the second half of the season, running the month of February (and first match of March) with 4 wins and 3 draws, followed by a single 0-1 loss to #2 Guisley, then added a 3rd 7-match unbeaten run (12 March-15 Apr) with 4 wins and 3 draws.  By this point we were solidlly in the playoff spots, but danger lurked on the horizon, and we were not yet locked in to a playoff spot.  Our final 4 matches featured #3 Chesterfield, #1 Fylde, and #4 Telford, before finishing off with #21 Farsley.  By the time we reached this point, I needed 5 points from these 4 matches (goal differential wasn't an issue being solidly in my favor....or so I thought) in order to lock up a playoff spot.  The likely "easy path to victory" would have been a draw vs Chesterfield, a draw vs Telford, and a win vs Farsley.  I'd gotten a draw away vs Chesterfield earlier in the season, and beaten Telford 5-2 at home, so draws in those matches were imminently possible.  A win vs Farsley should be easy as well, as they had nothing left to play for.
In the end.....it didn't work quite that way.  We got the 1-1 draw vs Chesterfield, but hten lost 2-1 to Fylde (a scoreline which flattered us), then had a heartbreaking 3-0 loss to Telford---another match we were completely dominated in.  
That left Farsley --- and only a narrow 2-pt margin (and, looking at the table again, only a 2-goal differential advantage on a Gateshead that had crept up on us in 8th).  Lots of scenarios -- but the easiest was "win and we're in".
We didn't.  We didn't, and we didn't badly!  The 2-4 scoreline once again flattered us, as we had absolutely no answer for Farsely in this critical home finale.  The ONLY positive was Crooks 74th minute strike which put him joint top of the league and eventually gave him the top-goalscorer award (okay, we had a glimmer of hope to salvage something.....but didn't).

But----Gateshead also lost their match.....so, off to the playoffs we went!  Completely undeserving (taken in context of our final four matches at least --- obviously we put ourselves in that position thru our early-season play, so in that respect, we totally did deserve it.  But, I held no illusions that we would advance.

Promotion / Playoffs

And, we didn't advance.  But, it was a much closer match than I anticipated.  We faced off against Guisley in our playoff match, 2 days after our farcical loss to relegation bound Farsley.  I was expecting a thrashing to a team we had lost to twice in the season (3-1 and 0-1 scorelines).  The media was expecting a thrashing.  The bookies were expecting a thrashing.  The only one cautious about it was, surprisingly, the Guisely manager who predicted pre-match a tough match.  

In the end, we obliged...but it didn't look good early on, with Guisely opening the scoring in the 17th minute (and dominating the game to that point).  We settled down though, and started exerting a bit of influence on the match, and, in a double surprise, we popped up with an equalizer off of an indirect free kick in the 23rd minute ... the scorer?  Newcomer Magill with his first (and only) goal for the team coolly slotting the ball home at the far post.

Cheers then erupted in the 43rd minute as Crook got his league-leading 37th goal of the season from about 8 yards, as a lofted ball landed among a group of defenders, bounced past them to Crooks right foot, and he buried it.  The lead would only last until the hour mark, however, and after that it was a real dog-fight, with the match looking to be headed for extra time, and with both teams' players looking knackered after only 2-days rest.  However, it was Guisely that struck the final blow in the 88th minute, a cross from the left fullback finding a player in the box about 8 yards and centered who hit a volley into the top corner for the goal and match.

And, that was how it would end...... we finally played (moderately) well, but we were out.  Still, a good showing for our first season. 

Cup Competitions

The FA Cup saw us overachieve by a large margin, with a couple of surprises and very nearly a major upset.  It started with a pair of easy draws, with a 2-0 win over both Coalville and Redditch (both down in the regional premier divisions).  4 goals from 4 different players (including one of the rare goals from Seymour-Shove) set us up for what I expected to be a sure loss against VNL FC Halifax.  That loss prediction was a bit premature, as 1556 fans saw us run out home winners, despite being (as expected) outperformed.  A single goal by winger Sithole put us through to the first round proper, where we would face L1 Doncaster in a match we were sure to lose.

Or were we???  Gerald Sithole gave us a LEAD in the 29th minute----which would last all the way until the 70th minute.  And....that looked to be it...would we really force a replay???  It looked like it.....until Doncaster's Okenabirhie doubled his tally, in the 94th minute, as I was desperately praying for the whistle to blow..... and....we were out.  Nothing to hang our heads over, however, we gave them quite a scare, and possibly raised some eyebrows around the leagues!  (Incidentally, the xG for the match was 1.65 to .12 --- so quite deserved by them!!!)

Oh, yeah.... 2-3 loss to Farsley in the FAT in the FAT2R, and we achieved the board's desired objective.  Fortunately......it was just the FAT :P

Additional Details

Team of the Season

Best XI Inductees  

Historical Best XI

Fans Player of the Season  Callum Crook with 37 goals, of course!

Signing of the Season  Again, Crook, hands down!  Probably be in the league signing of season mention as well.

Young Player of the Season  Josh Fouche, coming into the team in late October, easily one of the best overall, and the best Young Player, in the fans eyes!

Goal of the Season -- Winger/DR Switters gets this award (and I have to find out where we can find the link to these now in FM21!!!)

Youth Intake / Top Graduate

Spoiler

Season 1  Ken Ward, A left back that with just a little development might crack the first team next season.  (incidentally...coincidentally?  2nd edition of FM in a row that my "top graduate" was named Ward!  FM20 was Karl Ward!

TEAM, INDIVIDUAL, AND LEAGUE RECORDS

A host of records were set or broken this year:  (* denotes ongoing record -- bold indicates record broken this year)

Spoiler

Needham Market -- Team Records

Highest League Position -- 7th in Vanarama North (2021/2) / Previous record 

Lowest League Position -- 7h in Vanarama North (2020/21)

Most Points in a Season -- 76 (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 

Fewest Points in a Season -- 76 (2020/21)

Most League Wins in a Season -- 22 (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 

Fewest League Wins in a Season -- 22 (2020/21)

Most League Defeats in a Season -- 14 (2020/21)

Fewest League Defeats in a Season -- 14 (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 

Most League Draws in a Season -- 10 (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 

Fewest League Draws in a Season -- 10 92020/21)

Most League Goals in a Season -- 81 (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 

Fewest League Goals in a Season -- 81 (2020/21)

Highest Attendance -- 1556 (vs FC Halifax, FAC4QR, 16 Oct 2021)

Highest Gate Receipts -- £26.04K (vs FC Halifax, FAC4QR, 16 Oct 2021)

Average Attendance -- 457 (2020/21)

Lowest Attendance -- 299 (vs Gloucester (H), VNLN, 14 Sept 2021 / Previous Record -- 

Biggest Win -- 6-1 (vs Merthyr (A), VNLN, 5 Mar 2022) / Previous Record -- 

Biggest Defeat -- 0-3 (vs AFC Telford (A), VNLN, 23 Apr 2022) / Previous Record -- 

Highest Scoring Match -- 5-2 (vs AFC Telford (H), VNLN, 27 Nov 2021) / Previous Record -- 

Highest Scoring League match -- 5-2 (vs AFC Telford (H), VNLN, 27 Nov 2021) / Previous Record --

Most Matches Won in a Row -- 3 (31 Jul - 7 Aug 2021) / Previous Record -- 

Most Matches w/o Losing -- 7 (11 Sept - 16 Oct 2021) / Previous Record -- 

Most Matches Lost in a Row -- 4 (18 Apr - 3 May 2022)

Most Matches w/o Winning -- 5 (15 Apr - 3 May 2022) / Previous Record -- 

Most Matches w/o Scoring -- 2 ( 28 Dec 2021 - 1 Jan 2022)

Most Matches w/o conceding -- 3 (2 - 16 Oct 2021)

Needham Market - Individual Records

Most League Goals by a Player -- 37 -- Callum Crook*

Most Overall Goals by a player -- 37 -- Callum Crook (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 

Most League Appearances by a player -- 162* (Kyle Hammond) / Previous Record -- 

Most League Goals by a Player -- 37 (Callum Crook (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 

Highest Average Rating -- 7.41 (Josh Fouche (Colchester loanee) (2021/2) / Previous Record-- 

Youngest Player -- Lawson Warner -- 16y239d (vs Gateshead (A), VNLN, 7 Aug 2021)

Oldest Player -- Rossi Jarvis -- 33y 362d (vs Guisley (H), VNLN, 8 Mar 2022)

Fastest Goal -- Andrew Sealy-Harris -- 25s (vs Buxton (A), VNLN, 29 Jan 2022) / Previous Record -- 

Most goals in a Match -- 3 -- Callum Crook (4-0 vs Merthyr (H), VNLN, 31 Aug 2021) / Previous Record -- 

Most goals in a League Match -- 3 -- Callum Crook (4-0 vs Merthyr (H), VNLN, 31 Aug 2021) / Previous Record -- 

Most Assists in a Season  -- 11 -- Finlay Barnes (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 

Must Shutouts in a season -- 14 -- Olivier Eto'o (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 

Most PoM Awards -- 8 -- Callum Crook (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 

Youngest Goalscorer -- Lawson Warner -- 17y 94d (vs Alfreton (H), VNLN, 15 Mar 2022) / Previous Record -- 

Oldest Goalscorer -- Adam Bailey-Dennis -- 31y 196d (vs Scarborough Athletic (H), VNLN, 2 Apr 2022) / Previous Record --

The Rest of England

Spoiler

Promoted from the Regional Premier Divisions

Weston-Super-Mare, Lowestoft, Farnborough, Hornchurch, Witton, FC United, Gainsborough, Ashton Utd

LEAGUE WINNERS (Promoted / Relegated)

EPL:  Man City (Sheff Utd, Bristol City, Aston Villa)

Championship:  West Brom (West Brom, Crystal Palace, Nottingham Forest / Middlesbrough, Stoke, Shrewsbury)

League One:  Coventry (Coventry, Peterborough, Rotherham / Burton, Accrington, Lincoln, Wycombe)

League Two:  Crewe (Crewe, Forest Green, Colchester, Carlisle/ Rochdale, Yeovil)

Vanarama National League:  Notts Co (Notts Co, Solihull Moors / Boston Utd, Kidderminster, Bromley, Dover)

Vanarama national North : Fylde (Fylde, AFC Telford / Farsley, King's Lynn, Merthyr, Hitchin)

Vanarama national South:  Havant & Waterlooville (Havant & Waterlooville, Hemel Hempstead / Chippenham, Dorking, Gosport, Eastbourne Boro)

CUP WINNERS

English FA Cup:  Liverpoole (vs Man City)

Carabao Cup:  Liverpool (Vs Man Utd)

Community Shield:  Arsenal (vs Man City)

Papa John's Trophy: Tottenham U23s (vs Leeds U23s)

English FA Trophy: Sullihull Moors (vs Boreham Wood)

EURO QUALIFICATIONS

Champions Cup Group Stage:  Liverpool (Champions League Winners), Man City (EPL winners), Chelsea (2nd in EPL), Man Utd (3rd in EPL)

Euro Cup Group Stage:  Leicester (Euro Cup II winners), Tottenham (5th in EPL), Arsenal (6th in EPL)

Euro Cup 2QR

CONTINENTAL ACHIEVEMENTS

Man City -- Won Euro Super Cup (against Napoli)

Chelsea -- Eliminated from Euro Cup 2nd Knockout Round (by Borussia M'Gladbach)

Man City -- Eliminated from Champion's League Semi-Final (by Liverpool)

Leicester -- Won Euro Cup II (against Zenit)

Tottenham -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Final  (by Barcelona)

Liverpool  -- Won European Champions League (against Arsenal)

Arsenal  -- Eliminated from Champions League Final (by Liverpool)

What's Next

Another press for the playoffs this coming season.  I've got most of my team cemented for another year, though I really need upgrades at fullback, and probably DM if I want to have the 4-1DM-3-2 I've been so good at in the past 5 years or so working properly.  A cup run to get us out of the red would be useful (see the vision link up above --- "repair financial damage" is part of the clubs goals.....only way "I" can do that is a cup run :P   Rest is up to the chairman! 

Career Overview

Season                      Team                                    League                            League Position(Predicted)              FAT           FAC        JPT        LC      UEFA      CL

• Spoiler

2020/21          Leiston                          Vanarama North                              7(24   )                             2rd          1R

Edited by G_D_K

Banbury United FC Logo Vector (.CDR) Free Download

I will be managing for the season 2021-2022 

Banbury United FC

Expected to be last in the league

image.png.8d14401843673ade51b1975cfd51223a.png

Here are my starting stats.

image.thumb.png.225f7b0c245a0d5d53587fdc26390a9d.png

Best player but i might lose him in the begining since he doesnt want to stay 

image.png.ab92cfe159eca95a5ba20d2b49b4fb67.png

End of Season Review

Season 2026/27

FC United of Manchester

League Table - An excellent campaign from start to finish where we finished on top of the pile and promotion, finally, to the Vanarama National League.  In the end, we won the league by ten points.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - We went off like a train again, winning our first five matches.  This time we maintained the pace and won the league title quite comfortably.

F. A. Cup - We made it to the first round proper for the first time in five years before being well beaten by a strong Oxford United side, who play in League One.

F. A. Trophy - We finally had the cup run I have long craved and made it all the way to the final, where we met Bradford City.

Pre Season Friendlies - A fantastic pre season, with just the one defeat.

Squad - We have a squad that I feel is strong enough to challenge for a play off spot in the National League.

Squad Dynamics - As you would expect.  Everyone wants everyone else's babies.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Quite a few departures, mainly youngsters who will never make the grade.

Youth Candidates - Overall, another good intake, with Barry Powell YP27B82 looking like the pick of the players.

Finances - A great cup run in the F. A. Trophy means we have a healthy bank balance.

Key Players

Andrew Camacho YP23D20 - Another fabulous season from the centre back.

Keith Phelan YP24F38 - The Irish striker was a sensation all year.  He scored an incredible 65 goals in his 54 games.

Owen Carpenter YP24I41 - Central midfielder who was the key to our good season.

Roberto Santamaría YP26C67 - Still aged only sixteen, the Spanish right winger played virtually the whole season.

Brian Prescott YP24H40 - Playing on the left wing, he bounced a lot of balls off of Phelan's head into the goal.

Next Season

I think we are good enough to challenge for a play off place next season.

Personal Coaching Data

2025/26    Nominal = (1.50*) =   National A =          10 ↑  10 =   5 =   3 =   5 ↑   3 =  10 =   9 =  10 ↑   9 ↑   1 =   8 =   8 =   9 =  13 =  12 ↑  12 ↑
2026/27    Minimal ↑ (1.75*) ↑   National A =          10 =  10 =   5 =   3 =   5 =   3 =  10 =   9 =  10 =   9 =   1 =   8 =   8 =   9 =  13 =  13 ↑  13 ↑

Club Facilities

3Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
2025/26    Basic =              Below average =        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      Local = (1.00*) =
2026/27    Basic =              Below average =        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

2025/26      56 ↑      31 ↑     12 ↑     13 ↓       127 ↑            82 ↓               +45 ↑
2026/27      60 ↑      42 ↑     12 =      6 ↓       171 ↑            72 ↓               +99 ↑

Overall Career Record

2025/26         270       135       55       80         544             416                +128            1,780 days
2026/27         330       177       67       86         715             488                +227            2,160 days

Trophy Haul

2026/27    Vanarama National League North
2026/27    F. A. Trophy

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

1 x Vanarama National League North (2026/27)

1 x F. A. Trophy (2026/27)

Career Overview

2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        8th ↓     Fourth qualifying round =       N/a           Missed out on promotion play offs on the last day.  Third round of the F. A. Trophy.
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        5th ↑     Fourth qualifying round =       N/a           Lost in semi final of promotion play off.  Fourth round of the F. A. Trophy.
2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st ↑     First round ↑                   N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy winners.

2025/26    Andrew Camacho YP23D20                  127
2026/27    Andrew Camacho YP23D20                  165
           Brian Prescott YP24H40                  165

2025/26    Keith Phelan YP24F38                  72
2026/27    Keith Phelan YP24F38                 137

2025/26    Brian Prescott YP24H20                 26
2026/27    Brian Prescott YP24H20                 44

2024/25    Johnny Connerton YP24J42                  11
2025/26    Johnny Connerton YP24J42                  15
2026/27    Zak Foster YP23I25                        35

Edited by DazRTaylor

Welcome to all, I'm jumping straight in here and I am so excited to crack on. Having messed around on the Beta with Feyenoord, I was merely waiting for release day and my opportunity to jump back into this challenge. I attempted it for the first time last edition, and didn't really hit much success. My best attempt came with Cray Wanderers, so I will definitely be following your progress @Lewis89

Having set up my game this morning, i have had a browse through and have now settled on my club. As aforementioned I did contemplate trying again with Cray, but I didn't want to copy somebody else, plus it may have ended up damaging my love for last years game. Next up I got quite keen on Leiston FC, before seeing that @G_D_K had already got in there. I'll be keeping an eye on that game for sure. I then flittered between the idea of South Shields FC and Weston-Super-Mare FC before deciding on somebody completely different.

497501919_HesAppointed.png.7c1ca9c8cd5cb380060980ef811692f3.png

I'm keen to get cracking. After a hugely unsuccessful playing career, this is my opportunity to take a management jump and hopefully bring huge successes to Chesham. I'll get back to you once I have completed pre-season and started to put the wheels in motion here.

544802276_ManagerProfile.png.731fa30d36b42bdcd09834173184f8f5.png

1051927782_CheshamManager.png.8e216a3f2aad2101eed1243eb7cb9fe0.png

Edited by goonergez

Club Introduction

Kings Langley

IDpFISo.png

The Manager

This is me.

8KoFgoZ.png

tGfQQLI.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

At Start   Adequate             Poor                   0       Basic                 Basic            Limited            Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Overall Career Record

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

badge2.png.ce3d98094021fd2db6d0a3fb16e310ae.png

Chesham United: Takeover Report (July 2021)

So Chesham United FC have given me my break in management, and I am absolutely delighted to be undertaking this challenge once more. The club are a semi-professional outfit, nicknamed ‘The Generals’. My long term targets are clear, but in the short and immediate future it’s about setting us up and looking to lay the groundwork for a successful career. The club were founded in 1917 after a merger between Chesham Town and Chesham Generals, hence the nickname. They play their home games at 'The Meadow', which as a seated area of 284 and a capacity of 5,000. The football club won the Isthmian Premier League back in 1992/93, but were unable to gain promotion as the facilities failed to meet the requirements. That remains the highest position the club as ever achieved, something I will get to rewrite after the in game promotion. The 1979/80 season saw them reach the third round of the FA Cup, and the furthest progress in the FA Trophy is the fourth round back in 1998/99 season.

My arrival at the club isn’t expected to gain much fruit, but I am determined to prove everybody wrong. The board presented me with a healthy wage budget, and expectations for me to get the team fighting bravely against relegation. The squad I inherited was pretty strong, but their were gaps across the field. Goalkeeper Sam Beasant had recently signed a new deal, which meant I couldn’t shift his fairly hefty £350 per week wages. I offered a contract to central midfielder Adam Martin to keep him, but then saved over £1,300 per week by letting strikers Tyrone Lewthwaite (6k to Larne FC) and Bradley Clayton (Woking on a free) depart the club.

In total I moved to sign 14 new players, ensuring our squad was slim but quality filled. Most of the signings were young players formerly on the books at club's in much higher reaches than ours. 18 year old central midfielder Jack Hodnett is a standout for me, signing on a free transfer shortly after his release by Wolverhampton Wanderers. Young Kosovan centre back Andi Janjeva is another highly exciting player. Up top we will be relying on 17-year old Lee Seok-Jae after his release by Portsmouth as well as former Maidstone United man Ibrahim Olutade.

1664791607_JackHodnett.png.15e84562862cf637bb6e3cc834324872.png

Off the field I built my back room team, bringing in a scout, physio, goalkeeping coach and regular coach. Excitingly former England international and Tottenham Hotspurs forward Darren Bent comes in as my new assistant manager. Tactically I plan to play a 4-2-3-1 formation, defending deep and then breaking as directly and quickly as possible. That will probably be tinkered with, but that’s my initial idea. 

We’re one game into the season, and a tight game against fellow new boys Kingstonian FC. Disappointingly we were on the wrong end of the score line, but I saw plenty to give us hope. Safety is the only priority for me, and with so many new faces it’s definitely going to take sometime for these players to settle in.

game1.png.1bc9ed987df02f8a3bde21d7dfbbae94.png

Edited by goonergez

Needham Market- Heading into Season 4 1st season in League 1

Season 1- Finished 1st VNL

Season 2- Finished 3rd VN- won Playoff

Season 3- Finished 1st League 2

My Welsh GM has been a godsend to the club. We were scrabbling by, losing money every season (were around 500K in the red last season) as he found me not 1, not 2, but 3 players in lower Welsh teams for 0 transfer fees. One keyed our promotion to League 1, but I had to sell him when 17 clubs were interested- so got top money from Norwich as we sold him for 4 Million (name was Wayne Dennis from Brickfields- but I suspect he was a bit random). His stats weren't killer to look at, but he was an assassin at forward paired with Allasane Meite. With our finances secure, I am trying to hold onto the other 2 Championship level players he found for me. 

qn9bE5o.png

This was the club I was hoping for with FM19, after a break of around 18 months I'm hoping I will be able to take this club on to great things.

UpJYKzk.png

Here I am, with a distinct lack of qualifications.

H0U0qME.png

We've got a nice blue home kit (of course) with a tribute to the key workers on the front.

QnxEWao.png

The facilities are pretty basic, as to be expected.

uOuilYG.png

We barely have any players, which might be a good thing as I look to rebuild for the first season.

2 hours ago, dafuge said:

qn9bE5o.png

This was the club I was hoping for with FM19, after a break of around 18 months I'm hoping I will be able to take this club on to great things.

Here I am, with a distinct lack of qualifications.

We've got a nice blue home kit (of course) with a tribute to the key workers on the front.

The facilities are pretty basic, as to be expected.

We barely have any players, which might be a good thing as I look to rebuild for the first season.

What database/league setup does the originator of this challenge use when completing it?

17 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Hi lads. Has anyone managed to get AFC Rushden & Diamonds as a promoted team? 

They don't appear in the post by @G_D_Kand their reputation is only 1600 so I don't think it's going to be too easy to get them promoted. 

Not heard of anyone finding them yet either.  Running up some new batches of saves over the next couple days, hoping to get lucky and find maybe a dozen or so more teams (current count is at 54 distinct teams discovered).

Edited by G_D_K

2 minutes ago, G_D_K said:

Not heard of anyone finding them yet either.

Ok, are there any other clubs that anyone is looking out for because I plan on re-loading until I get AFC R&D and it obviously might take me a while so I might as well save and upload anything else that someone wants. 

49 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Ok, are there any other clubs that anyone is looking out for because I plan on re-loading until I get AFC R&D and it obviously might take me a while so I might as well save and upload anything else that someone wants. 

I believe someone above was looking for them too, but if Taunton happened to come up that would be excellent. Really like their look for my first real shot at this challenge. Good luck with your hunt for R&D!

7 hours ago, Abaddon879 said:

What database/league setup does the originator of this challenge use when completing it?

On top of the usual stuff I’ve just added the top divisions from France, Germany, Spain and Italy. Plus a few extra players from around the world to boost the database up to about 50k players.

I had AFC Rushden & Diamonds come through yesterday @Jimbokav1971when I was looking for Kings Langley.  I saved it thinking they were rare.  Feel free to download.  I have no extra leagues added but do have all players from UK & Ireland loaded, around 41,000 in total.

https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/908261/AFC%20Rushden%20(1%20Nation,%206%20Leagues).fm

4 minutes ago, goonergez said:

@G_D_K I’d bite your hands off for Wingate & Finchley. Or Matlock Town if they pop up.

I'll certainly keep an eye out for them and ping you if I find them...just leave the hands alone, I need them to operate the keyboard and mouse!

Edited by G_D_K