FM21 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Season 10 Recap - SC Weiche Flensburg 08

SC Weiche Flensburg 08 logo.svg

Club | Transfers and Released Players | Fixtures 1 & 2 | Manager | Competitions | League | Squad

Overview

Heartbreak in the league could not be covered up by a second win in the cup, while in the CL we were just edged out in a tough tie in the first knockout round by Real Madrid. They went onto win the CL, so that's two years in a row the team that beat us has won the whole thing. The league though was where things were very frustrating - a strong start to the season saw us hit the top and then stay top for a long, long time even as we started to drop more points in the second half of the season but ultimately it came down to that final game of the season above - and it was even at home, so absolutely no excuses, the team just wasn't up for it enough on the day. The main problem this whole season was a lack of a consistent goalscorer - this is a problem for sure. Xiaotian had an abject season coming back from his broken leg, and neither Delic nor new arrival Hill offered goals in his stead. We dropped too many points where we created chances and dominated the opposition but did not convert that into victory. On the flipside, the defence played well and Delem had another great season.

This season teams have sat back against a lot more, as our reputation has aligned with our feats in the league and Europe so we have had to switch tactics somewhat - more attacking, pressing higher up in 4-2DM-3-1 that has been somewhat successful in getting goals out of our wide forwards while at the same perhaps being the cause of our central strikers struggling to score. It is something I'll have to figure out for next season. Overall a very frustrating season but hey ho, that's the reality of it sometimes.

Key Players

Delem, of course, while our new acquisitions Zdravkovic, Fellipe, Hill and Arnal all contributed well. Also have a little sneak peek at hopefully a key acquisition for next season...

Spoiler

1263850_20211110220434_1.thumb.png.fba32dcfc11d4abc7a3ca47dbdd1bde6.png

Youth

Not much to report out of this intake.

Elsewhere

The league went to Hertha, of course, while 2 Liga was won by Bielefeld and 3 Liga by Greuther Furth. Young Boys upset Lazio in the ECL final, while Man Utd settled for the Europa League and of course Real won the CL (beating us along the way).

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's amazing @Djecker11 seasons is good going!

I'm doing this version in FM22 and I've just got into Bundesliga after my 3rd season so I'm pleased with that.

Can you check your save or remember, do you get TV revenue? I dont get any money in the commercial summary for this but I read somewhere it was included in prize money?

Edited by aldojags