[England Premier Division] Data Issues

Simon Tipple

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, th0mm said:

Hi I posted this in the wrong place and was told to post in this forum, I think it's the right place? 

I'm an arsenal fan. I'm very happy to see some players rated accurately (Lacazette due a major downgrade, for instance). But there are problems. 

Some suggestions for realism:

Gabriel and Holding are rated too highly

If you play a pressing style and a high line arsenal are too strong at the back I've barely conceded a goal all season. Holding shouldn't have 15 pace. Gabriel shouldn't be a near flawless passer. They are both decent but not rock solid. Holding went to the euros in my save. 

Bellerin is rated too highly

He is scouted by all top clubs in my game (although PSG did come for him IRL). He no longer has such high pace. I love him in real life, he's a good player, but not elite. The pace being lowered a bit would be realistic. 

Nketia is rated too highly

I loaned him to Brighton in my save and he has a goal every other game and has been called up by England for the euros. It's preposterous.

In real life he's had a lot of chances for Arsenal and never taken them. He's not an athelite (speed or strength), he's not a technician, he's not even an effective fox in the box. His main qualities are that he works super hard and presses. You can clearly see his limitations. 

I think he's a championship player. Doing well at youth level is not an automatic sign of talent. There is a long, long list of players who have proved that to be the case. His trajectory is like Benik Afobe. 

Emile Smith-Rowe

I think he should have the player traits moves into channels, cuts inside from both wings and potentially plays short simple passes. I also think he should have more of a left foot. I also think he's more technical than he is an athelite. 

I'm reality he's a wonderful technician but he's a cohesion player who links play and knits the team together. He is always moving to the wings (this is often mentioned) , and he's always cutting inside to find a pass. His tidyness on the ball and ability to keep possession are his stand out qualities. 

Cebellos is overrated 

He goes back to the real Madrid first team in my save. This won't happen in real life. Arsenal fans don't want to keep him. 

I'm reality Cebellos is someone who tries to do daring things but he doesn't have the ability to pull it off. He's also very slow and scrawny. He also makes lots of strange decisions. He has barely any assists or goals and has made a lot of mistakes. 

His preferences should be tries killer balls often, dwells on ball, likes to dribble, tries tricks, etc. But his technical and mental abilities should be lower. His physicals should also be way down. Especially pace. 

He's not a useless player but he's not a good player. He adds some creativity but not much control and he runs the risk of mistakes. 

You can have 'flair' without being super technical. 

Thomas Partey

He's clearly a deep lying play maker rather than a box to box player. His passing stats for Athletico were the best in the team (many articles written about this). He's super composed and technically good on the ball. 

I suspect this is an example of racial profiling: he's tall and black so his athletic qualities are emphasised more than his technical. 

He needs to have the trait: tries to play way out of trouble. He should also have the trait tries long passes. I would probably remove the trait arrives late in penalty box, but it's a minor quibble for me. I would up his composure, technique and balance. 

Leno

Mr realiable in the game but not in real life. He's a decent keeper but not the ultra solid player he is in the game. He makes a lot of mistakes. He makes odd decisions. He also punches the ball a lot. This should be reflected more in the game. We sold the better keeper in Martinez. 

Saka

Arguably has more of a left foot but he seems fine in the game tbh. I would maybe give his right foot reasonable and change avoids using weaker foot to cuts inside from right wing. 

Odegaard

He is the epitome of a player who tries killer balls often. Not seen a player try as many through balls since Fabregas. 

Chambers

A bit too solid and good for me. He's not a good centre back and he's not a good right back. We lose a lot when he starts. 

Bologun

Personally don't think he'll make it so far. 19 is quite old. Never really taken his chances. Lots of players with his trajectory don't make it. Again see example of someone like Benik Afobe. 

Guendouzi

Should be a lot more flawed. I like him but he's erratic, unprofessional and maybe a bit too lightweight to be a top top player. He is a bit like that in the game but his stats are very strong. 

Saliba

Surely due a lower pa. 

Otherwise better ratings than in previous games. 👍

Hi, thanks for your feedback.  Always welcome to post opinions like this as it is usually helpful to read and consider, like in this case.  Will say that I disagree strongly with some of the stuff you've raised and I guess this is reflected in what I have set in the data, which I'll reiterate as always is carefully considered, though can never be perfect in everyone's eyes.

Gabriel - I think he is accurately rated.  Many Arsenal fans on here were complaining he was vastly underrated before this update.  His passing isn't "near flawless", he has a passing attribute of 13 and a vision attribute of 12.

Holding - Again, don't think he's overrated and I also think in certain FM scenarios (or certain real life scenarios as could have happened where he was a regular for the entire season) that he makes the England squad.  Just because it isn't happening in real life, doesn't mean it should never happen in game.  Is his pace too high?  Possibly very slightly, but I think his top speed warrants 15 and the fact he perhaps isn't visually quick to many observers is covered by his acceleration rating of 13.

Bellerin - don't agree here.  PSG and Barcelona are looking to sign him in real life.  I did drop his CA this cycle as well as bring his pace and acceleration down.  He is accurately rated in my opinion.

Nketiah - again don't agree at all.  He has scored for fun at youth level for both club and country.  He is the England U21 record goalscorer.  While he hasn't fully taken his chance at first team level this season, he has not been offered the same opportunities as some other young strikers due to circumstance.  I think if he had had a full season starting games at a team like Brighton, then the in-game scenario you describe could well have happened. In fact, he is the sort of player Brighton have been crying out for this season.  He is definitely a better player than Benik Afobe, who himself was a very good player who has been hugely unlucky with serious injury in his career.  Will Nketiah ever be a top level striker in real life?  Who knows.  But does he have the potential to be a top striker?  Absolutely undoubtedly.

Smith-Rowe - good feedback and I will review his PPMs for the next research phase.

Ceballos - been difficult to rate as he hasn't had a consistent run in the team and I'm always wary of changing too much in a scenario like this when the player is on loan.  Saying that I have brought his CA down quite considerably from when he entered my file as well as making various attribute changes.  I don't think he is rated inaccurately, though I will say he is one of the few players I am a little unsure about.

Partey - the "racial profiling" comment is unwarranted and unfair.  I haven't drastically altered Partey from what I inherited from the Spain researcher due to the stop/start nature of his time so far at Arsenal due to injury, but I think the alterations I have made are accurate.

Leno - again, I'm fully happy with what I have set for Leno.  Some Arsenal fans on here were complaining that he was underrated and/or performing badly in game earlier in this thread and I haven't changed him much this research phase, though did actually I think drop his CA slightly and alter some of the attributes you mention downward.  If he's performing above reasonable expectation in multiple different save games then this might be a general match engine issue with goalkeepers, I don't know.  But remember when asking for players like Gabriel and Leno to be altered downwards that Arsenal have the 3rd best defensive record in the league this season in real life.  How are they doing in your game?

Saka - I think you mean right foot?  His right foot was always weak at youth level and he avoided using it, but I do think this is one of the many improvements he has made since he has stepped up.  I'll keep an eye on this.

Odegaard - he does like a killer pass but it wasn't my place to change anything for this research phase.  Will review him for the next one.

Chambers - he has barely played this season due to injury. I don't think he is inaccurately rated based on previous performance.

Balogun - you really don't like Benik Afobe, do you?  :D  Young Folarin has stacks of potential and is a tidy striker already who I feel could really kick on quickly if given a first team opportunity somewhere.  Has been set back a bit by the unfortunate contract situation.  Played well in the Europa League games he featured in, especially when considering it was his first proper taste of first team football.  Don't write him off yet.  

Guendouzi - had multiple fans telling me on here that I'd been too harsh on him, you're telling me the opposite.  I'm happy with what I set before the season started.  The Germany research team will be taking care of him for this phase (and would have done for the most recent phase).

Saliba - again, never seen him play a competitive first team game at Arsenal, so this is not my place to set.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Hi, thanks for your feedback.  Always welcome to post opinions like this as it is usually helpful to read and consider, like in this case.  Will say that I disagree strongly with some of the stuff you've raised and I guess this is reflected in what I have set in the data, which I'll reiterate as always is carefully considered, though can never be perfect in everyone's eyes.

Gabriel - I think he is accurately rated.  Many Arsenal fans on here were complaining he was vastly underrated before this update.  His passing isn't "near flawless", he has a passing attribute of 13 and a vision attribute of 12.

Holding - Again, don't think he's overrated and I also think in certain FM scenarios (or certain real life scenarios as could have happened where he was a regular for the entire season) that he makes the England squad.  Just because it isn't happening in real life, doesn't mean it should never happen in game.  Is his pace too high?  Possibly very slightly, but I think his top speed warrants 15 and the fact he perhaps isn't visually quick to many observers is covered by his acceleration rating of 13.

Bellerin - don't agree here.  PSG and Barcelona are looking to sign him in real life.  I did drop his CA this cycle as well as bring his pace and acceleration down.  He is accurately rated in my opinion.

Nketiah - again don't agree at all.  He has scored for fun at youth level for both club and country.  He is the England U21 record goalscorer.  While he hasn't fully taken his chance at first team level this season, he has not been offered the same opportunities as some other young strikers due to circumstance.  I think if he had had a full season starting games at a team like Brighton, then the in-game scenario you describe could well have happened. In fact, he is the sort of player Brighton have been crying out for this season.  He is definitely a better player than Benik Afobe, who himself was a very good player who has been hugely unlucky with serious injury in his career.  Will Nketiah ever be a top level striker in real life?  Who knows.  But does he have the potential to be a top striker?  Absolutely undoubtedly.

Smith-Rowe - good feedback and I will review his PPMs for the next research phase.

Ceballos - been difficult to rate as he hasn't had a consistent run in the team and I'm always wary of changing too much in a scenario like this when the player is on loan.  Saying that I have brought his CA down quite considerably from when he entered my file as well as making various attribute changes.  I don't think he is rated inaccurately, though I will say he is one of the few players I am a little unsure about.

Partey - the "racial profiling" comment is unwarranted and unfair.  I haven't drastically altered Partey from what I inherited from the Spain researcher due to the stop/start nature of his time so far at Arsenal due to injury, but I think the alterations I have made are accurate.

Leno - again, I'm fully happy with what I have set for Leno.  Some Arsenal fans on here were complaining that he was underrated and/or performing badly in game earlier in this thread and I haven't changed him much this research phase, though did actually I think drop his CA slightly and alter some of the attributes you mention downward.  If he's performing above reasonable expectation in multiple different save games then this might be a general match engine issue with goalkeepers, I don't know.  But remember when asking for players like Gabriel and Leno to be altered downwards that Arsenal have the 3rd best defensive record in the league this season in real life.  How are they doing in your game?

Saka - I think you mean right foot?  His right foot was always weak at youth level and he avoided using it, but I do think this is one of the many improvements he has made since he has stepped up.  I'll keep an eye on this.

Odegaard - he does like a killer pass but it wasn't my place to change anything for this research phase.  Will review him for the next one.

Chambers - he has barely played this season due to injury. I don't think he is inaccurately rated based on previous performance.

Balogun - you really don't like Benik Afobe, do you?  :D  Young Folarin has stacks of potential and is a tidy striker already who I feel could really kick on quickly if given a first team opportunity somewhere.  Has been set back a bit by the unfortunate contract situation.  Played well in the Europa League games he featured in, especially when considering it was his first proper taste of first team football.  Don't write him off yet.  

Guendouzi - had multiple fans telling me on here that I'd been too harsh on him, you're telling me the opposite.  I'm happy with what I set before the season started.  The Germany research team will be taking care of him for this phase (and would have done for the most recent phase).

Saliba - again, never seen him play a competitive first team game at Arsenal, so this is not my place to set.

Agree with everything you've said bar a couple of attributes regarding Bellerin and Partey. Bellerins crossing should be no more than 11 in my opinion as well as his aggression simply doesn't get stuck in/tight enough to his opposite man also Partey is a better dribbler than the 11 he has i would say 13.

• SI Staff
15 hours ago, th0mm said:

RE Nketiah

There are plenty of examples of players who are good at youth level who don't make the step up. Doing well at youth level is not an accurate predictor. Some examples of young players who had great youth records but didn't make it: Francis Jeffers, Benik Afobe, Arturo Lupoli, Saido Berahino, Rhian Brewster, Solanke, etc. Bojan, the all time leading scorer for Barcelona's youth teams, didn't come close to what the stats suggested. Looking at the all time goal scorer lists for England U21 there are plenty of flops. There doesn't appear to be a strong correlation. It's not proof in its self of quality. 

The real test is stepping up to the senior team. He hasn't had loads of opportunities, but he's had a fair few. You know a talent when you see one. Saka, Smith-Rowe, Martinelli. You walk away from their games almost in awe of what they've done and giddy with excitement about seeing them again. I don't think any Arsenal fan has ever felt that way about Nketiah. I've never heard an Arsenal fan purr about him in the same way people do about the others. 

If he gets sold because he doesn't sign a contract I don't think Arsenal fans are going to mind a great deal. There would have been uproar if the same had happened to Saka. 

A quick comparison of the stats of the four players I've mentioned. 

acc speed agility tech dribb
nketiah 17 17 16 14 14
martinelli 16 16 15 14 14
saka 18 15 15 14 15
smith-rowe 17 14 16 15 14

You basically rank him as good, currently, as the others. In his appearances, when has he ever demonstrated ability like theirs? Skill, speed, goals, excitement, anything? 

RE Partey

Yeah I assumed this was because of his time in Spain, especially because he's been injured so much. I wasn't trying to point fingers at you. I think it's completely valid to suggest his technique and ability on the ball have been underrated. He's currently down as the least technical of all of our central midfielders. For me he is our most technical central midfielder, in terms of dribbling or passing out of trouble. I don't think this is purely down to his physique. 

touch dribbling technique vision passing flair balance
partey 14 11 13 13 15 11 12
elneny 14 11 14 13 13 9 15
xhaka 16 12 17 18 18 13 13
cebellos 16 15 16 15 16 13 12

Re Cebellos

He has two assists in 30 games (1669 mins). He's been more productive in terms of mistakes. I also think the more intangible and qualitative things he struggles with too. I don't think Arsenal fans will particularly care if he goes. I doubt he will make it back into the Madrid team. 

Re it being a match engine thing

Maybe it is. My defence was imperious. 

Hello, I don't want to get into a drawn out argument but to respond as briefly as possible to these points.

Nketiah - I've watched him since he was 17 in the youth teams and also pretty much every first team appearance he has made for Arsenal.  The kid is electric. He hasn't been prolific for the first team, far from it, but this is also a period where Lacazette and Aubameyang weren't scoring either, the team just wasn't really creating much or scoring goals in general.  He definitely still has the potential to come good as a Premier League regular (certainly elsewhere if not at Arsenal, though I believe at Arsenal too, under the right circumstances) and definitely deserves his current CA and attributes, though I will fully review specific attributes in the next phase.  I was using his scoring rate at youth level to back up my own opinions after watching him a lot over the past few years, not the other way around.  Of course I know Francis Jeffers exists and am familiar with his unsuccessful career after joining Arsenal, but I also know Harry Kane exists (how many first team games did he play before really blooming?).  Not drawing direct comparisons in terms of physique or playing style with either, but I'm fully confident that Nketiah has the potential to be a top Premier League player.  Bit confused why you'd be arguing so vehemently otherwise after a handful of mainly non-consecutive first team appearances in a generally underperforming team?

Partey - I'll be fully reviewing his attributes for the next research cycle, there isn't anything I can change at the moment though I will take your opinions on board, thanks.

Ceballos - Again, I'll review him at the end of the season.  Like I say, he has been hit and miss and I have already reduced his CA and altered some attributes.

Hi, a few staff changes that are still missing from the recent update for various clubs.

Nick Haycock should be an U23 coach at Aston Villa

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nick-haycock-5abb46137

Sam Bowring should be an U18 Sports Scientist at Wolves.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/owenmassey91oftige

Connor King should be retired and made the U18 GK Coach at Burnley

https://www.uptheclarets.com/king-back-at-burnley-as-full-time-coach

I think Origi should have his aggression, determination and ambition reduced. He's been with us for so many years and completely lacks the will to win, or the will to fight for his place in the team.

He's the opposite of the stereotypical "grew up on the streets"-footballer who fights with nail and teeth (Suarez prime example), those who always tries their hardest to win.

There is a good footballer in there somewhere, but we'll never see it because he doesn't have the right attitude.

Edited by OkMarius

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, timtim11 said:

Didn't know where to put this sorry.

Ian Jones (30001743) has 4 England Caps in game, not even sure who he is.

Thanks @timtim11 - I think that his first and second nationalities (England and Turks & Caicos Is. respectively) need to be swapped round; I'll sort that out.

• SI Staff
On 24/03/2021 at 09:35, lbowman6 said:

Hi, a few staff changes that are still missing from the recent update for various clubs.

Nick Haycock should be an U23 coach at Aston Villa

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nick-haycock-5abb46137

Sam Bowring should be an U18 Sports Scientist at Wolves.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/owenmassey91oftige

Connor King should be retired and made the U18 GK Coach at Burnley

https://www.uptheclarets.com/king-back-at-burnley-as-full-time-coach

That's great, @lbowman6 - thanks!

Are arsenal really paying ozil 94k a week 3 years after his contract was due to end??? :eek:

or is this a bug since i'm finding percentage of wage is now throughout whole of new contract not until the previous contract was due to end.

20210326180228_1.jpg

On 17/03/2021 at 10:21, th0mm said:

Hi I posted this in the wrong place and was told to post in this forum, I think it's the right place? 

I'm an arsenal fan. I'm very happy to see some players rated accurately (Lacazette due a major downgrade, for instance). But there are problems. 

Some suggestions for realism:

Gabriel and Holding are rated too highly

If you play a pressing style and a high line arsenal are too strong at the back I've barely conceded a goal all season. Holding shouldn't have 15 pace. Gabriel shouldn't be a near flawless passer. They are both decent but not rock solid. Holding went to the euros in my save. 

Bellerin is rated too highly

He is scouted by all top clubs in my game (although PSG did come for him IRL). He no longer has such high pace. I love him in real life, he's a good player, but not elite. The pace being lowered a bit would be realistic. 

Nketia is rated too highly

I loaned him to Brighton in my save and he has a goal every other game and has been called up by England for the euros. It's preposterous.

In real life he's had a lot of chances for Arsenal and never taken them. He's not an athelite (speed or strength), he's not a technician, he's not even an effective fox in the box. His main qualities are that he works super hard and presses. You can clearly see his limitations. 

I think he's a championship player. Doing well at youth level is not an automatic sign of talent. There is a long, long list of players who have proved that to be the case. His trajectory is like Benik Afobe. 

Emile Smith-Rowe

I think he should have the player traits moves into channels, cuts inside from both wings and potentially plays short simple passes. I also think he should have more of a left foot. I also think he's more technical than he is an athelite. 

I'm reality he's a wonderful technician but he's a cohesion player who links play and knits the team together. He is always moving to the wings (this is often mentioned) , and he's always cutting inside to find a pass. His tidyness on the ball and ability to keep possession are his stand out qualities. 

Cebellos is overrated 

He goes back to the real Madrid first team in my save. This won't happen in real life. Arsenal fans don't want to keep him. 

I'm reality Cebellos is someone who tries to do daring things but he doesn't have the ability to pull it off. He's also very slow and scrawny. He also makes lots of strange decisions. He has barely any assists or goals and has made a lot of mistakes. 

His preferences should be tries killer balls often, dwells on ball, likes to dribble, tries tricks, etc. But his technical and mental abilities should be lower. His physicals should also be way down. Especially pace. 

He's not a useless player but he's not a good player. He adds some creativity but not much control and he runs the risk of mistakes. 

You can have 'flair' without being super technical. 

Thomas Partey

He's clearly a deep lying play maker rather than a box to box player. His passing stats for Athletico were the best in the team (many articles written about this). He's super composed and technically good on the ball. 

I suspect this is an example of racial profiling: he's tall and black so his athletic qualities are emphasised more than his technical. 

He needs to have the trait: tries to play way out of trouble. He should also have the trait tries long passes. I would probably remove the trait arrives late in penalty box, but it's a minor quibble for me. I would up his composure, technique and balance. 

Leno

Mr realiable in the game but not in real life. He's a decent keeper but not the ultra solid player he is in the game. He makes a lot of mistakes. He makes odd decisions. He also punches the ball a lot. This should be reflected more in the game. We sold the better keeper in Martinez. 

Saka

Arguably has more of a left foot but he seems fine in the game tbh. I would maybe give his right foot reasonable and change avoids using weaker foot to cuts inside from right wing. 

Odegaard

He is the epitome of a player who tries killer balls often. Not seen a player try as many through balls since Fabregas. 

Chambers

A bit too solid and good for me. He's not a good centre back and he's not a good right back. We lose a lot when he starts. 

Bologun

Personally don't think he'll make it so far. 19 is quite old. Never really taken his chances. Lots of players with his trajectory don't make it. Again see example of someone like Benik Afobe. 

Guendouzi

Should be a lot more flawed. I like him but he's erratic, unprofessional and maybe a bit too lightweight to be a top top player. He is a bit like that in the game but his stats are very strong. 

Saliba

Surely due a lower pa. 

Otherwise better ratings than in previous games. 👍

Agree with a few things you’ve said about Partey and ESR. Would say Partey does try to play his way out of trouble and trust ESR does move into channels. Wouldn’t say Partey tries long passes though I think to clarify it as a trait it has to be something they do often. Also wouldn’t say ESR plays short passes often I think his just got good decision making on when to pass short and when not too but I do get what you mean on that one but I wouldn’t say that is a traitor his. You wouldn’t say ESR is an athlete?! The boy can move he is deceivingly quick. A Pires type acceleration is brilliant. I do get what you mean by cuts inside from both wings but I think he can go both ways as shown against Tottenham when he beat Højberg a couple of times on the outside. Would say he gets into pockets and between the lines of fullback and centre backs often which is why I said moves into channels is a trait of his. 

On 26/03/2021 at 23:38, jere_d said:

Are arsenal really paying ozil 94k a week 3 years after his contract was due to end??? :eek:

or is this a bug since i'm finding percentage of wage is now throughout whole of new contract not until the previous contract was due to end.

20210326180228_1.jpg

This was changed for the 21.4 database I believe. It shouldn't be there if you start a new game.

I hope this is in the right section, I apologize if not!

Just a few England National Team related things;

Mark Sertori (2005465) : No longer a England Physio, left in 2017. https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-sertori-99894796/?originalSubdomain=uk

Steve Kemp: Is the Head Physio, since Feb 2016 and can find his previous job roles with Wolves on here too, https://www.linkedin.com/in/steve-kemp-16508237/?originalSubdomain=uk

Simon Spencer: Physio in the National Team since Sep 2016 and previous roles with Norwich and WBA. https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-spencer-5b699732/?originalSubdomain=uk

@diddydaddydoddy Some possibly missing staff for Liverpool according to LinkedIn

Raymond Shearwood - U23 Analyst
https://www.linkedin.com/in/raymond-shearwood-b15899b7/

Maciej Herba - Scout
https://www.linkedin.com/in/maciej-herba-337a22137/

Jamie Blair - 1st Team Analyst
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamie-blair-765a0964/

Nathan Davies - Part-Time scout
https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathan-davies-54b420184/

Harry Carman - U18 Fitness Coach
https://www.linkedin.com/in/harrycarman/

@tv_capper

Many thanks for the post. I’ve got Ray Shearwood (only found that his job changed yesterday as he was watching the u18 game and got name checked) and Maciej Herba in my next submission. But not heard of Jamie Blair, Nathan Davies or Harry Carmen. Excellent work

Edit: Jamie Blair's background is in IT so he might not be on the Football side of Analysis at all

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

• SI Staff
On 27/03/2021 at 19:01, Eric Leonardo said:

@Dan OrmsbyI haven't seen this reported, it's a minor issue, but Matt Ryan has his 2020/21 Brighton Player history missing (11 games 0 goals).

These won't appear in FM21 due to the game start date unless I have misunderstood what you mean.

On 06/04/2021 at 13:07, Dan Ormsby said:

These won't appear in FM21 due to the game start date unless I have misunderstood what you mean.

Depends, if you start from 2021 (let's say a South American League where you have that option) it would appear since it's the 1st part of the season.
Normally after the January transfer window, the 1st part of the season appears in the history if the player has left his previous club (for example Haller at West Ham).

A few minor issues:

Manchester United

Alex Telles 19162830 First match is incorrect. His debut team was Esporte Clube Juventude (327) against São José RS (301284) for the Gaúcho State Championship (302205).

Newcastle
Ludwig Francillette 28127061 has his 2019 playing history order wrong. It should have Newcastle as #2 in his order, since he arrived from Quetigny.

Leeds
Elia Caprile 43391659 has his 2019 year order wrong. Leeds should be #2 in the order after he arrived from Chievo.

• 3 weeks later...

Newcastle United

I'm not convinced Ben Dawson's role is correct in Football Manager (currently in database as Technical Director)

His role is Head of Academy Coaching and he is responsible for the Professional Development U17-U23 phase, therefore im wondering whether U23 Coach with set responsibilities for Leads General Training (u23s) and Leads General Training (U18's)  with maybe the U18s Manager (Neil Winskill) and U23s Manager Chris Hogg having Leads Individual training

I presume he worked to Joe Joyce (Academy Director) before Joyce left the club this month.

Just when you look at what roles you can give the Technical Director in game, it doesnt really fit with his role. 

Edit - Apologies had a thought, maybe Head of Youth Development would be the best role for Dawson and whoever takes over from Joe Joyce be added as technical director with staff responsibilities for the academy.

Edited by magpie1892

Arsenal Staff

Flo Newton needs creating as a doctor, she reports to Garry O'Driscoll (already in as Chief Doctor) and was promoted from the academy in May 2020

She also accompanied the team on their pre-season US tour

https://trainingground.guru/articles/newton-promoted-to-first-team-doctor-by-arsenal

Edited by tv_capper

Yves Bissouma  142/150.

I think the pa is too low for him.

I watched many games he played this season, but I have no idea why did he get such a low pa.

And his tackle is 15 is a little underrated, 16-17 should be good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

A french user raised an issue with an Aston Villa's scout :

His date of birth is 31.07.1981 and he's scout for Aston Villa since 1986 :D It's a precocious child :D

62132700984058944844a775f9831c0a74a4179d_2_400x390.png

On 08/05/2021 at 10:03, Akasha said:

Hi, 

A french user raised an issue with an Aston Villa's scout :

His date of birth is 31.07.1981 and he's scout for Aston Villa since 1986 :D It's a precocious child :D

62132700984058944844a775f9831c0a74a4179d_2_400x390.png

Hi mate,

Cheers for flagging this up, have updated his history as looking at his LinkedIn Profile joined the club in 1988. As for his D.O.B think it might have been a bug as I don't know his D.O.B and the game has generated a random one. Will pass this on. 

Thanks

On 04/04/2021 at 19:55, tv_capper said:

@diddydaddydoddy Some possibly missing staff for Liverpool according to LinkedIn

Raymond Shearwood - U23 Analyst
https://www.linkedin.com/in/raymond-shearwood-b15899b7/

Maciej Herba - Scout
https://www.linkedin.com/in/maciej-herba-337a22137/

Jamie Blair - 1st Team Analyst
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamie-blair-765a0964/

Nathan Davies - Part-Time scout
https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathan-davies-54b420184/

Harry Carman - U18 Fitness Coach
https://www.linkedin.com/in/harrycarman/

Also Mark Gower who has been at club as scout since Rodgers time at club.

• SI Staff
18 hours ago, MIR17 said:

@tomlcfc - Rodgers and Schmeichel club legends and Tielemans a club icon for FM22? :brock:

Ha! I think Kasper puts himself in that bracket now - he and Vardy have been a key part of the club's two greatest achievements, and are arguably our two 'greatest' in history now.

I'm undecided about Youri and Rodgers - part of me thinks it's too early to put them in an 'icon' bracket alongside some of the others, given that would require them to be 'permanent' fan favourites, if you will, and neither have been here for very long in reality. But I'm really not sure, their impact has been undeniable. It'll be one I'll need more of a think and discussion with others about, for sure :thup:

9 hours ago, Geoff Newman said:

Jacob Ramsey (Aston Villa) listed as 5'5".  Google suggests he's 5'10" - I don't know if that's correct (it looks right), but he's most definitely taller than 5'5"

Morning mate,

Thankyou for the post, before the breakthrough season details on the height were hard to come by so think it was randomly generated. Don’t worry will be updated in next lot of updates! 

any other finds please message me.

cheers

7 hours ago, LewParsonsAVFC said:

Morning mate,

Thankyou for the post, before the breakthrough season details on the height were hard to come by so think it was randomly generated. Don’t worry will be updated in next lot of updates! 

any other finds please message me.

cheers

I figured that would be the case.  Let's face it, it's not the most traumatic of issues (actually, it would probably be very traumatic if you woke up 5 inches smaller).  Depending on how the FA Youth Cup final goes tonight, I might be suggesting our entire U-18s to have -10 potential.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, sure Nick has these ones in hand already but just so they're not missed-

Dermot Mee signed a pro deal 28/5 at Man Utd. He was erroneously moved to Fulham permanently for the January update, this was in fact a loan spell but as discussed at the time the details were very unclear.

Oliver Kilner joined Oldham as a 2nd year scholar 27/5/2021. Not on a pro contract yet so end date would be 30/6/22. Young Trio Earn Pro Deals - News - Oldham Athletic

• 2 weeks later...

@tomlcfc - Never knew this until today, but Kasper Schmeichel should have Polish as a secondary nationality. Apparently his granddad (on his dad's side, so Peter Schmeichel's dad) was a Polish jazz musician who emigrated to Denmark.

https://www.polsatsport.pl/wiadomosc/2019-11-11/schmeichel-jest-we-mnie-troche-z-polaka-ale-stalem-sie-dunczykiem/
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/peter-schmeichel/profil/spieler/3465

• SI Staff
On 12/06/2021 at 10:56, MIR17 said:

@tomlcfc - Never knew this until today, but Kasper Schmeichel should have Polish as a secondary nationality. Apparently his granddad (on his dad's side, so Peter Schmeichel's dad) was a Polish jazz musician who emigrated to Denmark.

https://www.polsatsport.pl/wiadomosc/2019-11-11/schmeichel-jest-we-mnie-troche-z-polaka-ale-stalem-sie-dunczykiem/
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/peter-schmeichel/profil/spieler/3465

Nice one, MIR17 - it was my understanding before that he had at least some Polish heritage given his name, but didn't know it was so immediate in his family that he'd be eligible had he not declared for Denmark. Great stuff, cheers!

N'golo Kante has different ratings for Chelsea and France.

For Chelsea for example, he gets four stars as a ball winning midfielder, yet for France that drops to 3.5.

Likewise, he's 3.5 for an advanced playmaker with Chelsea but 3 for France.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/06/2021 at 00:44, La_leyenda said:

N'golo Kante has different ratings for Chelsea and France.

For Chelsea for example, he gets four stars as a ball winning midfielder, yet for France that drops to 3.5.

Likewise, he's 3.5 for an advanced playmaker with Chelsea but 3 for France.

This is not a data issue. He's compared to players in Chelsea and France respectively so he's rated higher in chelsea (in comparison to his teammates) than in national team.

• 2 weeks later...

Southampton

Richard Kitzbichler (2000339) is at the club as Assistant Manager

The following club article mentions that he will also work as 'Opposition Analyst' so needs analyst adding as a secondary job role

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2019-08-23/southampton-football-club-first-team-assistant-coach-richard-kitzbichler

Southampton

I think Iain Brunnschweiler should be created as Technical Director

His club title is 'Coach & Player Development Manager' a job which seems to cover a number of the Technical Director roles in FM

The job guide states: The Technical Director will also be available for a report on the level of the backroom staff in which he will provide advice on improving and developing the level of the staff. He also decides which staff should undertake courses.

I would suggest that as 'Coach Development Manager' Brunnschweiler is filling this role for Southampton

He also holds a UEFA B Coaching licence

https://www.linkedin.com/in/iain-brunnschweiler-451044a2/

Edited by tv_capper

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...