[England EFL League One] Data Issues

Simon Tipple

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to England's EFL League One here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for England's EFL League One should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

Just fired up a charlton save on the full game. Thanks for making the changes to the ownership and can even see some player upgrades like on Alfie Doughty. One problem is the player salaries have changed so that I now can't register the squad under the salary cap. One possible reason this has happened is that Alex Gilbey and Conor Washington were announced as signings after the salary cap cut off for players counting as the average league 1 wage but I believe they have been counted at the league 1 average as we actually signed them 2 weeks before and asked the EFLs permission to sign but as we were under embargo it was delayed by 2 weeks. Would like an urgent fix please as can't actually play as charlton if I can't register all our players! We are 4k over budget on the game but in real life we actually have around 2k a week spare 

Edited by DJ8

23 minutes ago, DJ8 said:

Just fired up a charlton save on the full game. Thanks for making the changes to the ownership and can even see some player upgrades like on Alfie Doughty. One problem is the player salaries have changed so that I now can't register the squad under the salary cap. One possible reason this has happened is that Alex Gilbey and Conor Washington were announced as signings after the salary cap cut off for players counting as the average league 1 wage but I believe they have been counted at the league 1 average as we actually signed them 2 weeks before and asked the EFLs permission to sign but as we were under embargo it was delayed by 2 weeks. Would like an urgent fix please as can't actually play as charlton if I can't register all our players! We are 4k over budget on the game but in real life we actually have around 2k a week spare 

Evidence: https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-charlton-athletic-transfer-chief-outlines-budget-and-signing-plans-for-january-window/ steve gallen says we have £100,00 left over the whole year on the salary cap (I assume 2k a week in game) 

What are the chances of this being updated by 5pm tomorrow when I finish work? 

• SI Staff
34 minutes ago, DJ8 said:

Hi @DJ8.

Cheers for reporting this issue to us.
Please could you upload your save game or an image showing this issue to our cloud service?

Here's the link to that:

3 minutes ago, Ed Hewison said:

Hi @DJ8.

Cheers for reporting this issue to us.
Please could you upload your save game or an image showing this issue to our cloud service?

Here's the link to that:

Think I've uploaded it, file name is "Charlton New". Do you know if there is a patch/update tomorrow as I was kind of hoping to be able to play as Charlton on release but can't really do that until its fixed 

• SI Staff
39 minutes ago, DJ8 said:

Think I've uploaded it, file name is "Charlton New". Do you know if there is a patch/update tomorrow as I was kind of hoping to be able to play as Charlton on release but can't really do that until its fixed 

Yep, as Dean says above thanks so much for providing everything we needed. We've got the issue reproducing with what you provided.

This is being looked at right now, so cheers for helping us a lot with it and thanks for your patience as we resolve the issue.

• SI Staff
42 minutes ago, TonyBRFC said:

Tommy Widdrington should be Director of Football as well as chief scout at Bristol Rovers.

His appointment as DoF happened only last Friday. We heard abut Tisdale and got that in after the data lock, but didn't hear about Widdrington after the data lock.

Shrewsbury Town

Manager Sam Ricketts and Assistant Dean Whitehead has been sacked.

Here is an official statement from the club: https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/2020/november/club-statement-sam-ricketts/

The search for new manager is ongoing. I hope the research team will keep an eye on this situation.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, SovietTea said:

Shrewsbury Town

Manager Sam Ricketts and Assistant Dean Whitehead has been sacked.

Here is an official statement from the club: https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/2020/november/club-statement-sam-ricketts/

The search for new manager is ongoing. I hope the research team will keep an eye on this situation.

Hi. This has happened post-release of FM21.
There's no need to post news to us. I'm sure @Dean Griptonis well aware of that one.

We're just after bugs with the data that you're seeing. Cheers!

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, TonyBRFC said:

He's working with U14s, states that article.

We don't include people working at levels U16s and younger in non-player lists.

Very minor but Alfie Bridgman at Portsmouth is the brother of Stan Bridgman at Pallo-Lirot neither are set as Favoured people they are also the sons of Glenn Bridgman who I'm sure was in the database a few versions ago

14 hours ago, hepple said:

Very minor but Alfie Bridgman at Portsmouth is the brother of Stan Bridgman at Pallo-Lirot neither are set as Favoured people they are also the sons of Glenn Bridgman who I'm sure was in the database a few versions ago

Thanks @hepple

Dean - Can be validated if required by Glenn Bridgman Twitter and youth history at Portsmouth:

Alfie Bridgman (2000065692) - I have submitted request to change: Added Glen as parent and Stan as sibling. NB Glenn is marked as Not for Extraction so wont feature in FM?

Stan Bridgman (29218307)  - @Dean Gripton Low Priority change if you find time, add Alfie Bridgman (2000065692) as sibling and Glenn Bridgman (29111862) as parent

Glenn Bridgman (29111862) Marked not For Extraction @Dean Gripton Low Priority change if you find time, add Alfie Bridgman (2000065692) and Stan Bridgman (29218307) as sons

Marcus Snell at Wigan needs Welsh nationality adding - https://wiganathletic.com/news/2019/september/International-News-Daniel-Smith-makes-youth-international-debut-for-Slovakia-s-Under-17s/ (hes listed at the bottom here as playing for Wales U15s)

Not sure if he should have English as a second nationality or not

Edited by batch

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MrPompey said:

EFL salary cap declared illegal - YAY! Bigger clubs have the advantage they deserve for being bigger clubs

Is Gifton Noel-Williams now a first team coach at Pompey? I believe he’s on the Grenada national team staff as well.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-call-former-watford-stoke-city-and-burnley-striker-get-forward-line-firing-3116570?fbclid=IwAR1gaky1mxrIKoTwdqTKNlHY6gf2mNXoJNJfY-w6mRmixquyL1Invwj9HzU

30 minutes ago, lbowman6 said:

I think he has been brought in to help but Im not sure if its contractual. He was a Fratton Park last night for the Swindon game. I note he has also joined up this year as a coach for Grenada

He is also a PFA Coaching coach

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

21.3.0 Winter Data Update.

**SUNDERLAND**

The takeover occurred after the data lock for the 21.3.0 update, unfortunately.

However, it will be included in the next data update, which is planned for after the Russian and Chinese transfer windows (and others) close at the end of February.

While I have the attention of Sunderland fans, we do require a new Sunderland FC researcher, as the previous one has had to leave the role. Email scouting at sigames dot com if you are interested in that voluntary role.

13 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

21.3.0 Winter Data Update.

**SUNDERLAND**

The takeover occurred after the data lock for the 21.3.0 update, unfortunately.

However, it will be included in the next data update, which is planned for after the Russian and Chinese transfer windows (and others) close at the end of February.

While I have the attention of Sunderland fans, we do require a new Sunderland FC researcher, as the previous one has had to leave the role. Email scouting at sigames dot com if you are interested in that voluntary role.

Lots of directorship changes announced today.

Essentially it looks like the board should be:

• KLD as owner / chairman
  • Igor Levin and Patrick Treuer as Directors
  • Tom Sloanes and Dave Jones are still non-executive directors unless that's about to change (things moving quickly)

Donald, Methven, Sartori and Rodwell have all left the club (the former 3 still retain minority shareholding but are no longer directors)

Edited by Mr Adam

On 11/12/2020 at 15:36, Brighton123 said:

Crewe - Never seen him play but thought it was weird Luke Offord was a 170cm tall CB in my Crewe save. Found a recent interview with the Crewe Manager  who said he's 6 foot 1 - https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/luke-offord-crewe-dave-artell-19287434

Apologies for the late reply.

Crewe site lists him as 170cm - as per: https://www.crewealex.net/teams/first-team/defender/luke-offord/

Would rather go off the official site than some estimation by the manager.

On 24/02/2021 at 17:29, Leftism said:

Apologies for the late reply.

Crewe site lists him as 170cm - as per: https://www.crewealex.net/teams/first-team/defender/luke-offord/

Would rather go off the official site than some estimation by the manager.

I wouldn't go with that myself mate, official websites are rarely updated by the actual club and are taken from out of date databases. Having seen him a bit this season I'd have him higher than 170cm for sure but still doesn't look 6'1" to me :lol:

Don’t know if I’m too late with these and if any use to be updated but a few Sunderland related things

Lee Johnson has 3-5-2 set as his preferred formation and I’m assuming is causing Gooch and McGeady to be transfer listed when they are key first teamers and McGeady is the main outlet the team has to create chances, since taking over he has consistently played 4-3-3 or a pretty much 4-4-2

Josh baggs plays at right back for the u18s 

https://smiworld.co.uk/players/joshua-baggs

jonathan krakue plays as either a cb or dm for the u18s

Caden Kelly and Harry gardiner have also both signed to play for the u18s but the club haven’t announced either and no information seems to be available other than Kelly is a midfielder and gardiner a striker 

This article references Kelly signing 

https://www.footballflick.com/football-flick-meets-caden-kelly

Gardiner is on this one

And finally Dan Jones has to be younger than he is on the game as he’s played in the fa youth cup and wouldn’t be eligible using his game date of birth. Again Not sure if useful as can’t provide the correct one, apologies

Edited by frosty

2 hours ago, swansongs said:

Players signing scholarships at this time of year will (almost always) be u16s too young to be in the current game, with the two year scholarship period beginning at the start of next season. It's information for FM22.

I’d thought that was possible but gardiner has signed from South Shields u19 which is a college programme so will be first year u18 at least 

• 6 months later...

Max Ehmer should have prefers to play on the right
Alongside Ogilvie & Tucker for us, he has consistently played well playing as the RCB
Whereas he struggled last year getting moved around Bristol Rovers' defence

When I auto-pick my team or go on holiday it always puts Ehmer on the left & Tucker on the right, which isn't how they play in real life

Gerald Sithole should have Zimbabwe as either his 1st or 2nd nationality, as that's where his family is from. I'm pretty sure he was born in England though.

Robbie McKenzie should have avoids weaker foot, due to injuries, suspensions etc he's played a few games at LB (quite solid performances) but he clearly avoided using his left foot at all costs.

Edited by Clintabn

• 3 weeks later...