FM 21 Pregame Editor Changes

Scottababc

Hey guys, I loaded up the new editor to start making the rosters my own, and there are a lot of changes it seems this year. So I was thinking that as people figure out what some of these new features are, that they could post it in this forum. 

To me this editor does not preliminarily appear to be a clone of the FM 20 pregame editor. Also if this is a dumb idea feel free to delete this post. This forum I think is the right place for something like this.

Edit: The new features (at least at the time when I checked) did not have their description under them when I hovered over them or tried to click them.

Edited by Scottababc
Needed to specify reason for this post

I was just downloaded the pregame editor and starting messing around with it. First new thing I noticed is on the player data -> general screen, with listings for peak current ability and peak potential ability (separate from current ability and potential ability). I am wondering if these have any bearing on a new game or if it is just a reference for how certain players were rated on previous versions.

New things for Players

various shades of hair color?

image.png.517389c5de469b030c557b22ca8962f5.png

Hair length can now be "fuzz"??

image.png.85e7b54e1f8aef8680cbf205ed406bfc.png

Role Scores:

image.png.691c5b5082a54cc18efa4983587ad6bc.png

Position Scores:

image.png.d40f3458a800e8e8399121fce93981a5.png

Looks like they added back Disliked Clubs:

image.png.8b1e1c94246d699219bd432d4a1aa775.png

For Non-Players:

4 formations now, I think?

RCA based on Role:

image.png.50f604f731b8b0f37518e314fef4f6bd.png

Regions - now have languages:

image.png.b23e32d2eacb703cb115e3c046e2b2b4.png

Media - many more styles

image.png.815544d473043a27a252c3b75654d50b.png

image.png

Edited by majesticeternity

4 minutes ago, grade said:

I have an issue.

My FM20 created teams, when using FM21 editor, they don't show up.

Are we getting any sort of new features list?

Same issue here.. which is shame.. I have database of almost 100 000 changes..

Any fix for this??

1 minute ago, krlenjushka said:

What exactly is problem here?  I will install FM21 now so maybe i can help. Its kind of my area of expertise :D

you can select the dropdown for  a new tactic but the button will not change text no matter what you select. 

16 minutes ago, Phil930 said:

Has anyone solved what peak CA and PA actually do?  In many cases I see these matched to given stats.  For random PA, there is a fixed value below max, and then in some cases peak PA is below regular PA.

Nothing, its the highest PA they have had in previous versions it seems. 

Just now, krlenjushka said:

Oh sorry i thought its some editor 20 data transfer issue.

no the only issue, i can still see at the min, is the swapping of kit colours.  

Red="xx" blue"yy" is being read as red="yy" blue="xx" when imported to 21.   Even though correct in the xml itself

11 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

its a total guess at this point, till the editor guys gets some free time to respond to emails etc.

Honestly, I doubt they will respond.. Editor 20 had some bugs that weren't fixed whole year, but hey, let's hope I'm wrong :D

Club tactical attributes? Not sure if this was already before but do they change anything in regards to how an AI manager sets his formation or change his formation? BTW this is also bugged it doesn't change to what you select it from the dropdown!

image.thumb.png.c4c778e63c5e007f3d5acc53d1baf5c8.png

On 24/11/2020 at 11:53, Nahuelzn said:

There's this new tab for non-players. Don't know what exactly tries to do.
image.png.2a064bedc7dfb87d29f67523dfdf7387.png

I've tinkered with it and have found the following

basically it reads all the attributes into one area (and then adjusts it based on the CA) - the advantage is that it's in one centralised location (you can freely edit value), rather than scrolling through each section individually

attribute - the name of the attribute

value - what you want the value to be

weighting - how much it contributes to CA (or the key attributes if you've set up a role)

controlled attribute - what the game will scale it to based on the current CA (you've listed it as)

difference - value minus controlled

it's BRILLIANT for creating staff CA accurately (and works even better with "role scores" as a below option)
not sure if it's the same with players, but plonk a staff role in and it'll change the weighting - with the role you've selected, only "youngsters" and "determination" are actually relevant (and "Mind Games" is essentially a free attribute, there's no difference between 1 and 20 for that role)
you can make the other attributes whatever you want (potentially looks like a HOYD or youth manager based on those stats)

edit: a similar menu exists for players too - it's awesome for creating players (and subsequently assigning a CA) - no longer just need to plonk CA200 and hope for the best, you can actually see what a lower CA (than recommended) will do to the ingame attribute values

Edited by samdiatmh

10 hours ago, alian62 said:

This didnt seem to have any effect on any of the options i chose . My stadium seemed to remain the same so maybe it isn't stadium related so not sure what they do?

stadium.thumb.png.3c7641b9c5ab67491ab59525f6307c0a.png

Maybe the conference room or the changing rooms?

On 24/11/2020 at 20:06, wkdsoul said:

no the only issue, i can still see at the min, is the swapping of kit colours.  

Red="xx" blue"yy" is being read as red="yy" blue="xx" when imported to 21.   Even though correct in the xml itself

Also codes for color new value is different now. I editor 21 red is first color for codes - in editor 20 blue is first color codes.

This is color code from editor 21 - as you can see  <integer id="value" value="-6"/> is -6. This means 250/255/255 RGB

In editor 20 color code -6 will be 255/255/250 RGB

<record>
            <integer id="database_table_type" value="3"/>
            <large id="db_unique_id" value="3646325973860128473"/>
            <unsigned id="property" value="1416326961"/>
            <record id="new_value">
                <unsigned id="id" value="1802723943"/>
                <integer id="value" value="-6"/>
                <integer id="lsop" value="1"/>
                <record id="olvl">
                    <integer id="kits" value="1"/>
                    <integer id="bost" value="0"/>
                    <integer id="kit_part" value="4"/>
                    <colour id="ksfg" red="255" green="255" blue="255" alpha="255"/>
                    <colour id="ksbg" red="255" green="255" blue="250" alpha="255"/>
                    <colour id="ksou" red="0" green="0" blue="0" alpha="255"/>
                    <colour id="nmcl" red="255" green="255" blue="255" alpha="255"/>
                    <colour id="nmoc" red="0" green="0" blue="0" alpha="255"/>
                    <integer id="ktal" value="0"/>
                    <null id="competition"/>
                    <null id="year"/>
                </record>
            </record>
            <integer id="version" value="2959"/>
            <integer id="db_random_id" value="243987948"/>
            <boolean id="is_client_field" value="true"/>
        </record>

4 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Also codes for color new value is different now. I editor 21 red is first color for codes - in editor 20 blue is first color codes.

This is color code from editor 21 - as you can see  <integer id="value" value="-6"/> is -6. This means 250/255/255 RGB

In editor 20 color code -6 will be 255/255/250 RGB

Yehah, had to manually correct mine, didnt take me long though

On 25/11/2020 at 06:02, Fredrik said:

What's Nationality Info?

In general it looks like a higher level of detail is possible. 

Nationality info is basically how they are eligible for that nation (declared for nation, born there, eligible through [grand]parents, citizen, resident but not citizen, citizen but treated as foreign [places like China will have this])

Basically creating a difference into the type of person, rather than just a random national (kinda like how people are IRL)