[FM21][SKIN] Football Manager 2021 Base Skins

michaeltmurrayuk

Hi @michaeltmurrayuk thanks again for uploading these skins and your continued assistance to our skinning community!

I have one question, I would like to change the default font and having looked at the xml files it seems the name of the font should be 'GT-America-Standard-Regular.ttf' however when I add my font and rename it to this despite unticking the 'use caching to decrease page loading times' & both reloading the skin and restarting the game I'm still stuck with the default font.  Any ideas?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, stevemc said:

I’ve noticed that bright yellow colour come thru in a few other panels too, it’s also on the football pitch in Scouting > Players > New Search in the pop up window...

The pitch is yellow, but when you click it, it turns to the green in the skin. Any idea where the code is to change that and remove the yellow from the pitch?

Changing the bg tertiary colour should wipe out the use of the yellow on the background stuff, if it's still showing after changing that value let me know where.

2 hours ago, KennedyBakircioglu said:

Hi @michaeltmurrayuk thanks again for uploading these skins and your continued assistance to our skinning community!

I have one question, I would like to change the default font and having looked at the xml files it seems the name of the font should be 'GT-America-Standard-Regular.ttf' however when I add my font and rename it to this despite unticking the 'use caching to decrease page loading times' & both reloading the skin and restarting the game I'm still stuck with the default font.  Any ideas?

Just checked and it's working here, just make sure you are only using the GT-America-Standard-Regular part of the name don't include the .ttf bit in your filename. Also make sure you are checking against the regular text as you'll need to also replace the bold and other font files.

3 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

That has fixed the issue, must have not liked me reloading the skin during the match.

I do have one question though, how do I move the subs panel from the top of the screen to the bottom?

966599659_Screenshot2020-11-25at20_34_29.thumb.png.2a71d6f893451a6a9266fa505b70904c.png

That looks like you have broken something so might be worth starting again fresh.

7 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

Does anyone know what colour setting controls the light blue on this screen? It is also shown on the press conference where the press ask questions. I'd like to change it to another colour as its too bright for the dark skin.

106408072_Screenshot2020-11-25at16_52_57.thumb.png.7bb89bf54ffa1c675b4759f4692be817.png

It's linked to the primary_button colour by default, those panels are controlled by the various interaction... xml files found in the panels\generic folder extracted from the panels fmf file.

7 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It's linked to the primary_button colour by default, those panels are controlled by the various interaction... xml files found in the panels\generic folder extracted from the panels fmf file.

Thanks Michael, I changed the primary button colour in the settings file and that has sorted the issue

Anyone able to give me a hand on getting the Instant Result button into these skins? I want to play with 75% transparency/opacity (whatever is the correct term here) and have edited one of Michael's skins to that. Looks great.

Previously I was using the Wannachupbrew skins. Can I cut and paste the custom boxes folders from Michael's skins into Wannachup and achieve the same transparency without breaking anything else? Or is there a better way?

Thanks

@michaeltmurrayuk I am re-doing my skin as the match screen seemed to have messed up from editing the base skin over the previous days. I'm convinced that I have done something wrong in the client object browser.xml which caused the issue. The only things I edited in there was the location of the sidebar to be lower, and the background pictures being enabled. Using your base skin I have followed your instructions for enabling background pictures so I haven't touched the client object browser.xml this time. I am however wanting to lower the sidebar to look like this which is from my skin in FM20:

1742892080_Screenshot2020-11-26at09_21_58.thumb.png.0c407e8b4ab6fbb8245e4d2826f8f347.png

I did this in my FM21 skin by copying the sidebar text and moving it beneath the tab bar text. If you could, then would you mind letting me know the correct way to do this as I think I may have done something wrong before.

3 hours ago, Eddie Boop said:

Anyone able to give me a hand on getting the Instant Result button into these skins? I want to play with 75% transparency/opacity (whatever is the correct term here) and have edited one of Michael's skins to that. Looks great.

Previously I was using the Wannachupbrew skins. Can I cut and paste the custom boxes folders from Michael's skins into Wannachup and achieve the same transparency without breaking anything else? Or is there a better way?

Thanks

It depends on which files the Instant Result skin has edited, if it is using the same method as from the Beta then there shouldn't be a cross over with the background files from Base Skins - you'll need to copy over the graphic(s) and the panels folder as you need the client object browser xml file, if the Instant Result skin has it's own client object browser file you'll need to compare the two files as I needed to make a change to the background image code.

How can I adjust the 'club colours' picture settings in client object browser to maker an image extend the entire width of the screen rather than be pinned to the top left corner? I'm trying to add a colour bar at the top because white text doesn't always show up well against stadium backgrounds.

2 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

@michaeltmurrayuk I am re-doing my skin as the match screen seemed to have messed up from editing the base skin over the previous days. I'm convinced that I have done something wrong in the client object browser.xml which caused the issue. The only things I edited in there was the location of the sidebar to be lower, and the background pictures being enabled. Using your base skin I have followed your instructions for enabling background pictures so I haven't touched the client object browser.xml this time. I am however wanting to lower the sidebar to look like this which is from my skin in FM20:

1742892080_Screenshot2020-11-26at09_21_58.thumb.png.0c407e8b4ab6fbb8245e4d2826f8f347.png

I did this in my FM21 skin by copying the sidebar text and moving it beneath the tab bar text. If you could, then would you mind letting me know the correct way to do this as I think I may have done something wrong before.

You generally just need to play around with it, though from a quick look placing the code in-between these lines seems to work, though you'll need to delete the layout line below:

<container class="inner_box_no_margin">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true"/>
<!-- main area - contains sections/actions panel and content areas -->

Also need to copy over and leave behind the two layout lines attached to the sidebar.

29 minutes ago, Escapist said:

How can I adjust the 'club colours' picture settings in client object browser to maker an image extend the entire width of the screen rather than be pinned to the top left corner? I'm trying to add a colour bar at the top because white text doesn't always show up well against stadium backgrounds.

Couple of options you can either edit that graphic so it covers a wider area, or if you want the old style coloured titlebar easiest option is to re-enable the old titlebar graphic to do that you'll need to edit the titlebar xml file found in the panels\generic folder which you'll need to extract from the skins fmf file (where it is in the skins\fm\panels\generic folder).

In that file you then need to locate this line near the top (line #8);

<container>

And change it to read:

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="chrome/boxes/titlebar/paper" red_replacement="primary" blue_replacement="background" green_replacement="black">

That will give you the FM20 titlebar, if you don't want it recolouring with the team change the primary value to the colour want, you can also change the linked graphic if you want something else. If you do want the team colours then you'll need to check the various older titlebar threads on how to add the secondary colour to the text/icons (just need to follow them backwards to add rather than remove colour codes).

6 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Couple of options you can either edit that graphic so it covers a wider area, or if you want the old style coloured titlebar easiest option is to re-enable the old titlebar graphic to do that you'll need to edit the titlebar xml file found in the panels\generic folder which you'll need to extract from the skins fmf file (where it is in the skins\fm\panels\generic folder).

In that file you then need to locate this line near the top (line #8);

<container>

And change it to read:

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="chrome/boxes/titlebar/paper" red_replacement="primary" blue_replacement="background" green_replacement="black">

That will give you the FM20 titlebar, if you don't want it recolouring with the team change the primary value to the colour want, you can also change the linked graphic if you want something else. If you do want the team colours then you'll need to check the various older titlebar threads on how to add the secondary colour to the text/icons (just need to follow them backwards to add rather than remove colour codes).

Brilliant, cheers!

Hi @michaeltmurrayuk. Great work as usual and your previous advice to me still works a treat  .  I have some changes I'd like to make but I'm a bit of a novice here:

1. Can I add a quick sub button like FM20 had? I prefer it to the new bar at the bottom.
  2. Can I remove the laptop battery indicator?
  3. On the team selection screen as part of the pre-match can I make the screen use the full real estate rather than having the squished version of the tactics screen? I don't like that it cuts off columns and want to be able to essentially have the tactics screen show.
  4. Is t possible to add a timebar to the top of the screen?
  5. Can I change the match stats on the left hand side of the matchday screen so I can show more stats here? The notable events aren't that notable and I'm happy to shrink it.

I don't know if this might be useful for someone, thanks to @michaeltmurrayuk instructions I modified player's profile picture (a bit larger) and the player attributes scroll column to not be shown anymore, at least on my 13" Mac (85% zoom, full retina screen).

If someone's interested, here are the files to be put under skins/base21 or base21_dark/panels/player (create the folder if it doesn't exist).

Thanks again Michael for your really appreciated work :)

player profile.xml player profile personal details.xml

Em 24/11/2020 em 21:34, michaeltmurrayuk disse:

Eventually but it will be a little while (as in next week most likely) as without a default light skin there is a load of white text that needs manually finding and changing.

WOW THANKSS!
i simply cant play with these dark skins!

19 hours ago, Lars2012 said:

How can I modify the scoreboard text ?

I want to use the short names of the clubs instead of 6-letter names.

Thank you in advance :thup:  

In the editor, I’ve done a 3-letter scoreboard here if that interests you:

I'm modifying the Base Dark Skin and I need help with the quick chat popup box.

On the default skin, the quick chat has these additional boxes for each optional reply. But they are missing on the Base Dark Skin.Gesturechangedbodylanguage.thumb.png.504c756e1642806292d345b89c9b7a07.png

1965457819_quickchat.thumb.png.d0f19087475831a3ef51d8924d0cba59.png

How can I add them?

Thanks

14 hours ago, stevemc said:

In the editor, I’ve done a 3-letter scoreboard here if that interests you:

Okay and thanks. The Long Team Names are to much for me and my own OCD:)

Is there a work around to edit the use of the text only in the Scoreboard, changing it from the default 6-letter names to others, eg. short - or longname. I think there must be a reference to the use of text from the database ?

Perhaps the only way is the hard way as you done ;)  

10 minutes ago, Lars2012 said:

Okay and thanks. The Long Team Names are to much for me and my own OCD:)

Is there a work around to edit the use of the text only in the Scoreboard, changing it from the default 6-letter names to others, eg. short - or longname. I think there must be a reference to the use of text from the database ?

Perhaps the only way is the hard way as you done ;)  

Honestly not sure, I just wanted the 3-letter versions - might be worth you playing around in the Editor.

17 hours ago, yonko said:

I'm modifying the Base Dark Skin and I need help with the quick chat popup box.

On the default skin, the quick chat has these additional boxes for each optional reply. But they are missing on the Base Dark Skin.Gesturechangedbodylanguage.thumb.png.504c756e1642806292d345b89c9b7a07.png

1965457819_quickchat.thumb.png.d0f19087475831a3ef51d8924d0cba59.png

How can I add them?

Thanks

Is it just the training one that doesn't have boxes? Looks like the two chats are likely controlled by different files. That stuff should be controlled by the various interaction files found in the panels\generic folder.

On 25/11/2020 at 15:39, daveh said:

2095144886_Screenshot2020-11-25123758.png.25381098a57ff05609bb8327a65a617b.pngThanks for this love being able to add custom backgrounds.

I am having problems with with the kits I have put into the game in fm2021 they are for some reason a bit distorted any ideas on how I can rectify this?

Screenshot 2020-11-20 124132.png

I have the same problem on two different problems, and not just for the kits but for the logos also. I wanted to make an HD logo pack and came up with your exact issue. Any larger image gets distorted just like your screenshot... It might be related to the infamous blurry font problem. (I wonder if this problem is issued on the bugs forum...) It's like the whole rendering for the UI is broken somehow this year.

Only workaround I had was setting a higher display resolution than 1080p -which is not a solution skin-wise and not many people able to do. Someone with a little more technical knowledge hopefully will offer a solution.

@michaeltmurrayuk@bluestillidie00 @wkdsoul

Any of you know what controls this font?

This appears when we leave the mouse pointer over an icon or over an attribute name over the player's name or age, it's like a pop-up. It is the only font that is not the same as the rest of my skin. I've been here looking at the fonts folder but I can't find anything

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, PequenoGenio said:

@michaeltmurrayuk@bluestillidie00 @wkdsoul

Any of you know what controls this font?

This appears when we leave the mouse pointer over an icon or over an attribute name over the player's name or age, it's like a pop-up. It is the only font that is not the same as the rest of my skin. I've been here looking at the fonts folder but I can't find anything

spacer.png

That should be controlled by the posh tooltip xml file found in the sitoolkit\panels folder which you'll need to extract from the sitoolkit fmf file.

2 hours ago, Footix said:

Thanks! :) (Touch was released today btw) 

Yeah noticed that afterwards, I'll have a look at the Touch Mode tomorrow.

1 hour ago, One hell of a keeper said:

If I wanted to build my own skin and teach myself xml editing for creation of a skin is there an application/software that would show my creation as im editing on the fly? 

Unfortunately not, you need to load up the game and reload the skin after each change to see what has happened.

On 25/11/2020 at 00:42, michaeltmurrayuk said:

FM21_skin620.png.81519ebacfd23ff5e8c48b5bd0747ca4.png

Football Manager 2021 Base Skins

As with most recent Football Managers for you to make certain changes in Football Manager 2021 you need to create a new skin. Thankfully over the last few years some more stuff has been moved out of the skins folder so you only really need the Base skin if you are wanting to edit the skin graphics, fonts or colours. If you want to edit the match graphics or most of the panel xml files you no longer really need the base skins.

So to make things easier for people I've put up some base skins that are identical to the default skins that come with the game, so you can add new files/graphics to these without messing up the original skins, and anything that isn't located in these new skin folders will be taken from the default locations within the game.

For Football Manager 2021 at the moment you have three skins to choose from the Default (Purple) Skin, and two Dark Skins one based on the FM21 colouring (Purple accents) and one based on the FM20 colouring (Cyan and Yellow accents). Light Base Skins will follow but with no default light skin this year they require a bit more work.

I'll also upload the Dark (and when they are ready Light) Versions to the Steam Workshop later for those that want a Dark/Light skin but don't need to edit them.

If there are any issues with the Dark Skins please let me know as I prefer a Light Skin so may not be the best judge of the Dark Colour Scheme and have largely relied on the default scheme working, though I did make a couple of changes so there might be a need for some more tweaks later, and if you do come across an issue please upload a screenshot as it makes it a lot easier and quicker to narrow down the problem.

Base21 Skin

base21_1.thumb.jpg.6746565fb23c85f0c68781ac5ee622be.jpg base21_2.thumb.jpg.ce9ab8f396a25d080ee4b390ca4658ed.jpg base21_3.thumb.jpg.6179f6db3388de7c25d571ee9de8bdb8.jpg

This skin is based on the Default Football Manager 2021 Skin, and is identical in appearance to that skin.

Base21 Dark Skin

base21_dark_1.thumb.jpg.1c7fb61af86d127136d4c9090ecde0d6.jpg base21_dark_2.thumb.jpg.f6022ee9a557d738a9ee347ce68dc47c.jpg base21_dark_3.thumb.jpg.ff3e11dfa92396cc355bb92d7599e4a9.jpg base21_dark_4.thumb.jpg.9461cf8f6172ce3e10eb5ce1f6a1e758.jpg

This skin is based on the Dark Football Manager 2021 Skin, which whilst included with the game files hasn't been enabled by default. The skin layout is identical to the Default FM21 skin, however the main Purple colour has been replaced with Black, but I have left the Purple Accents. Whilst the Inbox and Scouting Centre have both been made dark unlike in the Default Skin.

Base21 Dark (FM20) Skin

base21_dark20_1.thumb.jpg.4e75cdae0536db267203adf7ddf0b162.jpg base21_dark20_2.thumb.jpg.cd29da7c80a921b381f1be27107d2a5a.jpg base21_dark20_3.thumb.jpg.500b1f782a2a45c51e9c9f9542928e3a.jpg base21_dark20_4.thumb.jpg.b5ce38de22c14c09c13c3dd4543bc411.jpg

This skin is based on the Dark Skin from Football Manager 2020. The skin layout is identical to the Default FM21 skin, and the colour is largely the same as the Base21 Dark Skin however I have switched the Accent colours over to the Yellow and Cyan used in FM20. This version also has a dark Inbox and Scouting Centre.

Install Instructions:

When you extract the file you have downloaded you should have one folder (with a name starting base21...) and a readme text file.

Now copy the folder into your skins folder within your User Data Location, by default this is:

For Windows:
C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\

For Mac:
Users\[Your Mac Username]\Library\Application Support\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021

If done right your skins folder should look something like this:

fm21baseskins_1skinfolder.jpg.55a9e04f57195775da5b6b25aab329d0.jpg

And inside for example the base21 folder you should have the following folders:

fm21baseskins_2skinfolder.jpg.2fadaa8b5f03022963b1919c61f57eea.jpg

To select the skin in game you will need to load the game, and go into the Preferences Menu, then in the middle you should have a section called Interface and in that is an option called Skin with a drop-down menu under it.

If you select the drop-down menu it should list all of the skins you have installed, if the skin you want is listed then just select it and press the Confirm button to load it.

skin21.png.2db93afd37a8506a149fb9021d96c8e4.png

If the skin you want isn't showing.

Then you can either select the Advanced option on the left and on the top right drop down select Interface, then scroll down the Skin section and untick Use caching to decrease loading times and tick Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences.

Or in the search bar at the top type in Skin and in the listed results untick Use caching to decrease loading times and tick Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences.

skincache21.png.0a4d9813a6888c78dcc6b1d047761cf2.png

Then click Confirm at the bottom, this should then take you out of the Preferences menu but if you re-enter, it should have refreshed the list of skins and your skin should now be in the list.

Once the skin is loaded you can turn the skin cache back on and untick the Always Reload button.

For Advanced Instructions please see these below posts:

Change Log

Base21 Dark and Base21 Dark (FM20) Skins have both been updated

v.1.1

• Changed folder name due to Workshop issues.
  • Fixed some colour issues (list in the spoiler text below)
  • Made Tweaks to Player Attributes Panel - Fixed Scrollbar issue, stopped Analyzer being cut off, increased Player Pic size and re-enabled the Report option in the Small Selector Panel.

Colour Changes

If you have made your own changes to the Base Skins then you don't need to download the updates, instead you can just update the colours in the settings file using the below values;

Reveal hidden contents

bg tertiary change is to FM20 version only, the others are to both.

<colour name="bg tertiary"                     value="rgb(37,19,56)"/>

<!-- News category colours -->
<colour name="news_category_colour_affiliates"             value="grey 200"/>
<colour name="news_category_colour_agents"             value="grey 300"/>
<colour name="news_category_colour_awards"             value="orange 300"/>
<colour name="news_category_colour_competitions"         value="light green 300"/>
<colour name="news_category_colour_contracts"             value="brown 300"/>
<colour name="news_category_colour_discipline"             value="amber 300"/>
<colour name="news_category_colour_finances"             value="blue grey 200"/>
<colour name="news_category_colour_injuries"             value="red 300"/>
<colour name="news_category_colour_jobs"             value="blue grey 300"/>
<colour name="news_category_colour_match"             value="green 300"/>
<colour name="news_category_colour_media"             value="purple 300"/>
<colour name="news_category_colour_messages"             value="indigo 300"/>
<colour name="news_category_colour_records"             value="yellow 300"/>
<colour name="news_category_colour_scouting"             value="cyan 300"/>
<colour name="news_category_colour_training"             value="teal 300"/>
<colour name="news_category_colour_transfers"             value="blue 300"/>
<colour name="news_category_colour_tutorial"             value="fg blue" />

Base Skins for Football Manager 2021 Download Page

(Link contains links to all downloads)

---
You are free to do what you want with these Base Skins provided:

1. They are not sold or behind a paywall.
2. You don't advertise them as being exclusive to your website.
3. My username and blog address are included: http://michaeltmurrayuk.blogspot.co.uk/
4. If linking to my work then please provide a link to the download page rather than the download link as the download link may change.

is there a base skin for fm touch 21 tablet

@Enyu For the Tablet version no because I don't have access to it or a tablet, for that version you are best checking in the GDTouch forum to see if it's possible to skin that or if someone has made a skin for that version. For the PC Touch version one will be out later this week once I have had a chance to look at that mode.