[FM21] BoyInGreen's English Pyramid (down to Step 6/Level 10 + FA Vase)

Had a test run through this and all good so far, only a few issues to report which you might want to look at:

The regional movement between leagues for a couple of clubs is off, they end up in the Northern League. These clubs all have no stadium (Aldermaston, Greenway, Ringwood) and I've found in the past that without a stadium anchored to accurate latitude and longitude coordinates the regionalising doesn't hold up after a few seasons. I've added stadiums to these clubs and will see how it goes on another test. There were a few other odd movements too. eg Rainworth moving to the NW Counties League should not be happening. I'm not good at editing, but do wonder if there's a way of inputting all these strict stadium data co-ordinates into one editor data file and then basically enabling lower league creators to carry that over for future editions, if there is I'd be willing to help out with regard to inputting this if required. I've also noticed that players/staff without a birthplace now default to 'London' as their place of birth, this detracts from realism somewhat, is this a known bug?

Other than that, this looks like a great piece of work, especially given the complications of the leagues restructuring - this is the only way I play the game and this database makes it possible, thank you!

7 hours ago, iGoldenBen said:

Playing as Bury AFC and wasn't entered into the FA Vase at all. 

If l remember correctly phoenix clubs aren't allowed into the Vase until two years after they've formed - l may be wrong on this but l remember this preventing Scarborough Athletic playing in the Vase in their early years. 

1 hour ago, Danchinaski said:

If l remember correctly phoenix clubs aren't allowed into the Vase until two years after they've formed - l may be wrong on this but l remember this preventing Scarborough Athletic playing in the Vase in their early years. 

You may have a point but they played in the fa vase in real life in their inaugural season

On 03/01/2021 at 21:20, Danchinaski said:

Had a test run through this and all good so far, only a few issues to report which you might want to look at:

The regional movement between leagues for a couple of clubs is off, they end up in the Northern League. These clubs all have no stadium (Aldermaston, Greenway, Ringwood) and I've found in the past that without a stadium anchored to accurate latitude and longitude coordinates the regionalising doesn't hold up after a few seasons. I've added stadiums to these clubs and will see how it goes on another test. There were a few other odd movements too. eg Rainworth moving to the NW Counties League should not be happening. I'm not good at editing, but do wonder if there's a way of inputting all these strict stadium data co-ordinates into one editor data file and then basically enabling lower league creators to carry that over for future editions, if there is I'd be willing to help out with regard to inputting this if required. I've also noticed that players/staff without a birthplace now default to 'London' as their place of birth, this detracts from realism somewhat, is this a known bug?

Other than that, this looks like a great piece of work, especially given the complications of the leagues restructuring - this is the only way I play the game and this database makes it possible, thank you!

Hi Danchinaski,

Many thanks for your feedback on this! Regarding the clubs without stadia, this is only for Level 10, as I have filled in any gaps in the leagues above that. I have added cities, stadia and colours to the three clubs you mentioned in the latest update, which can be found in the description as usual.

As regards your idea about creating a common database, I'm certainly all for it. Perhaps we could use the discord to work out the finer details?

Regarding the London bug, that's the first time this has come to my attention, but from what you are saying, I suspect that this is a new feature this year (previously it would be given as "unknown") which is perhaps in need of tweaking (perhaps the city of the person's first club would be a good estimate?).

On 02/12/2020 at 21:25, BoyInGreen said:

Sadly no. The issue was the play-offs between Step 4 and Step 5. Apparently any competition containing sub-divisions cannot support cross-divisional playoffs. Hence why I had to introduce the workaround.

Cross-divisional playoff is often nightmare no matter how divisions are set. What exactly was your problem here?

Have you tested this in game or only in editor?

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm 29 league games into the first season (running just down to level 7) and the amount of goals in my division is insane. The top two teams (Met Police and Tiverton) have gotten 34, 30, 25 and 24 goals from their strikers, while the leading scorer in any other division has 15 so far.

Hoping it's a game issue or just a freak one off and not a database one!

On 25/01/2021 at 10:58, CityAndColour said:

So I'm 29 league games into the first season (running just down to level 7) and the amount of goals in my division is insane. The top two teams (Met Police and Tiverton) have gotten 34, 30, 25 and 24 goals from their strikers, while the leading scorer in any other division has 15 so far.

Hoping it's a game issue or just a freak one off and not a database one!

It's definitely a game issue: I haven't touched any of the players' stats nor reputations. When I was playing Bury, Kamar Moncrieffe was scoring 40+ goals a season in Levels 9 and 10, so it's not a fluke.

On 29/01/2021 at 17:17, FCUtdWill said:

They’re in the Guildford & Woking Alliance Premier North, at Level 13.

Ah I see. Thanks a lot for the heads up mate. Wonder if anyone will go any lower than the current Level 11. So far that's the lowest I've come across on both FM20/FM21

2 hours ago, Eggie86 said:

Ah I see. Thanks a lot for the heads up mate. Wonder if anyone will go any lower than the current Level 11. So far that's the lowest I've come across on both FM20/FM21

No problem, check Dan’s thread in this subforum, he’s currently working on level 12 leagues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/01/2021 at 22:00, BoyInGreen said:

Hi Danchinaski,

Many thanks for your feedback on this! Regarding the clubs without stadia, this is only for Level 10, as I have filled in any gaps in the leagues above that. I have added cities, stadia and colours to the three clubs you mentioned in the latest update, which can be found in the description as usual.

As regards your idea about creating a common database, I'm certainly all for it. Perhaps we could use the discord to work out the finer details?

Regarding the London bug, that's the first time this has come to my attention, but from what you are saying, I suspect that this is a new feature this year (previously it would be given as "unknown") which is perhaps in need of tweaking (perhaps the city of the person's first club would be a good estimate?).

Apologies for being so late in coming back to this (had taken a hiatus from FM full stop due to real life getting in the way) but I'd be very happy to contribute in terms of research/data for lower league databases, if we get one solid block of accurate data down it would probably only need doing the once, with minor tweaks for future editions. Getting the lat/long co-ordinates for stadiums for example, is time consuming research but once done it should be forever accurate - drop me a message if l can help with this.