[WIP] [FM21] England down to Level 11

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, agiannop said:

Hi Messi ,  excellent work as always!!  Is there a possibility that you will add awards in the file?

Yes i was thinking of doing it, i have even tried doing it before.

The proplem is for some reason i was not allowed to duplicate a award, the editor would not let me edit what i had just duplicated

To do each award seperate would take a very long time to do.

*New update on 2nd post on 1st page*

New update includes prize money for Level 7-11 cups for Winner & Runner-Up.

I thought i had already done this but obviously not.

The game was generating money for the Winner, it was 10k for winning a cup at Level 11 which i thought was too high.

17 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Yes i was thinking of doing it, i have even tried doing it before.

The proplem is for some reason i was not allowed to duplicate a award, the editor would not let me edit what i had just duplicated

To do each award seperate would take a very long time to do.

Thanks for the reply.

On 31/01/2021 at 04:36, lionel messi said:

I would continue your save if you are quite abit into it.

Thanks for the heads up and making it even better.

I'm only first game into the season and normally do 1-2 saves per version. So might download latest file and fire up a new save today.

3 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Im always trying to make it better for you guys.

The only thing I've noticed is Gainsborough Trinity are called Gainsborough Ttinity

But when you click on them they are actually spelt correctly. 

Other than that, I'm having fun with this database save. In my 3rd season 

On 26/01/2021 at 07:09, johnloch said:

Thanks for sharing this, mate. I really like this true colours-kind of background. Decision made for my next lower league journey!

Glad to hear it! They're officially aiming to make the Isthmian league, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them in the Conference South by the end of the decade and therefore officially included in FM.

This is one of my favourite videos of them. It already looks like a fairly decent turnout and a lot of fun for an outfit which had just been promoted to the 11th tier. Then you realise it's a summer friendly... away from home... in Leipzig, Germany!!! I think I've legitimately seen Europa League sides bring less impressive followings to White Hart Lane on occasion...

https://twitter.com/ClaptonCFC/status/1160224784929701888?s=20

Edited by Spurs08

5 hours ago, McBride said:

It's look great but Lewes FC shows up managerless but they do have a manager called Hugo Langton who is in the database.

I have not added mangers. Alot of teams will be without mangers at the start of the game.

I will put that manger in though.

Edited by lionel messi

11 hours ago, Big D Man said:

The only thing I've noticed is Gainsborough Trinity are called Gainsborough Ttinity

But when you click on them they are actually spelt correctly. 

Other than that, I'm having fun with this database save. In my 3rd season 

What League you in?

I will correct gainsbourough trinity.

Edited by lionel messi

3 hours ago, Big D Man said:

In the previous league I came up against your very own mighty Hucknall Town :lol:

image.png

What skin are you using, love it with that font! Although was hoping to get something with bahnschrift font/text as well

2 hours ago, Schume said:

What skin are you using, love it with that font! Although was hoping to get something with bahnschrift font/text as well

The font’s called Google Sans, looks a bit like the Rensie skin.

Bit confused why Wakefield are in the South East division when they should be in the North & West (I live 25 mins away from there)

Edited by FCUtdWill

5 ore fa, lionel messi ha scritto:

lol.

Looks like you are making good progress up the leagues.

Im currently in the county leagues on my Level 11 challenge.

Me too with Fc Isle Of Man

Immagine-2021-02-02-212103.png

Edited by AndreaSSL

12 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

Bit confused why Wakefield are in the South East division when they should be in the North & West (I live 25 mins away from there)

I dont know why that has happened, i think it has something to do with the boundaries i had set.

It is more like a north/south divisions at this level dont you think rather than a north west & south east divisions.

I have adjusted the boundaries for this level now so should not happen again when i bring my next update out.

No idea why isle of man are going in that division it makes no sense but again i have adjusted the boundaries for the north west counties leagues at Level 10 so hopefully should not happen with the next update.

31 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I dont know why that has happened, i think it has something to do with the boundaries i had set.

It is more like a north/south divisions at this level dont you think rather than a north west & south east divisions.

I have adjusted the boundaries for this level now so should not happen again when i bring my next update out.

No idea why isle of man are going in that division it makes no sense but again i have adjusted the boundaries for the north west counties leagues at Level 10 so hopefully should not happen with the next update.

Yes they are, but the divisions are called North & West, South & East not North West, South East.

As for FC Isle of Man, they are meant to be in the North West Counties League Division One South, so there’s no issue there.

16 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

North & West division would make more sense geographically. But Wakefield are currently in the Sheffield and Hallamshire Division. This seems a strange division to put a West Yorkshire based team in. There are other divisions at level 11, I believe, which are actually West Yorkshire based, yet Wakefield weren't put in these in real life.

I have been moved to Belle Vue on my save, which was the old Wakefield FC's stadium. Got a big 12,000 seater for a level 8 team :lol:

Edited by Big D Man

46 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

North & West division would make more sense geographically. But Wakefield are currently in the Sheffield and Hallamshire Division. This seems a strange division to put a West Yorkshire based team in. There are other divisions at level 11, I believe, which are actually West Yorkshire based, yet Wakefield weren't put in these in real life.

I have been moved to Belle Vue on my save, which was the old Wakefield FC's stadium. Got a big 12,000 seater for a level 8 team :lol:

North & West is the proper name for the division, as that’s where the teams are based. 

Wakefield played in Cudworth near Barnsley with a Sheffield postcode rather than a Wakefield one when they first started and have since moved to Pontefract, so they’re getting closer to Wakefield city centre. They applied to join the Sheffield & Hallamshire league themselves. The West Yorkshire League is more Leeds and Harrogate based with one or two clubs from Huddersfield, the Yorkshire Amateur League is based around Huddersfield and Halifax with a few clubs from Leeds.

Rather than starting at Level 11, they should have started in the Wakefield & District League Division Two at Level 16 but then that wouldn’t have helped them with their plans they have.

I wouldn’t worry about that, Widnes in the North West Counties League play at the rugby ground.

Edited by FCUtdWill

4 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

North & West is the proper name for the division, as that’s where the teams are based. 

Wakefield play in Cudworth near Barnsley with a Sheffield postcode rather than a Wakefield one. They applied to join the Sheffield & Hallamshire league themselves, the clubs they play in that league are more closer to them. The West Yorkshire League is more Leeds and Harrogate based with one or two clubs from Huddersfield, the Yorkshire Amateur League is based around Huddersfield and Halifax with a few clubs from Leeds.

Rather than starting at Level 11, they should have started in the Wakefield & District League Division Two at Level 16 but then that wouldn’t have helped them with their plans they have.

I wouldn’t worry about that, Widnes in the North West Counties League play at the rugby ground.

Haha, level 16 of the pyramid. Now that database would take some doing! I like your expansive knowledge of these local teams are low levels of the football pyramid, @FCUtdWill. Impressive :D

Wakefield have moved to the Millennium Stadium in Featherstone now, which is the rugby ground of Featherstone Rovers. Something to do with wanting to be back in the "WF" Wakefield area postcode. Not sure if they actually got to play a game there though, as the currently postponed season is likely to be written off though, if it hasn't already.

13 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

Haha, level 16 of the pyramid. Now that database would take some doing! I like your expansive knowledge of these local teams are low levels of the football pyramid, @FCUtdWill. Impressive :D

Wakefield have moved to the Millennium Stadium in Featherstone now, which is the rugby ground of Featherstone Rovers. Something to do with wanting to be back in the "WF" Wakefield area postcode. Not sure if they actually got to play a game there though, as the currently postponed season is likely to be written off though, if it hasn't already.

I’m coming up to completing my directory for the season on all clubs in England who play on a Saturday, so I know quite a bit about the pyramid :D

Yeah they have, which makes sense as they are called Wakefield, not Cudworth. Looking at their results this season they played a few games there, this season hasn’t been written off yet, but is looking likely it will be.

Glossop North End?

Have a great history and the location looks cool on the map on the edge of the Peak district.

it's the smallest town in England to have ever had a top flight team.  They are at level 8

Edited by Brother Ben

@lionel messi have just made a small contribution. Cheers for the database!

Just starting a save in Level 10 with North Ferriby, other club was considering was Bury AFC (couldn't really find a club in Level 11).

Last year went FC United, but found their large attendances and only one division from Conference North a bit unrealistic.

15 minutes ago, Dan_987 said:

@lionel messi have just made a small contribution. Cheers for the database!

Just starting a save in Level 10 with North Ferriby, other club was considering was Bury AFC (couldn't really find a club in Level 11).

Last year went FC United, but found their large attendances and only one division from Conference North a bit unrealistic.

Thankyou very much

3 hours ago, Dan_987 said:

What do you mean by unrealistic?

(I know I've got FCUtd in my name, but you can be critical of them, I won't be offended)

Edited by FCUtdWill

9 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

What do you mean by unrealistic?

(I know I've got FCUtd in my name, but you can be critical of them, I won't be offended)

Unrealistic as they would never give me the job in real life 😊

Have been FCUtd in FM20 & FM19. Last year had a great save, a little speedy winger that single handedly took us up to top of Conference Nat. 

I tend to get bored once I get to L1/L2. So keen to start a bit lower this save. 

On 04/02/2021 at 10:59, Brother Ben said:

Glossop North End?

Have a great history and the location looks cool on the map on the edge of the Peak district.

it's the smallest town in England to have ever had a top flight team.  They are at level 8

A great idea!  It's also bloody freezing there too in winter winter!

A club I have a soft spot for!

4 minutes ago, id777 said:

Do this pack have all Level 11 leagues included? 

All league cups? 

Is it stable update? Can I run long term save with this update? 

Please answer!

All Level 11 leagues are included.

All League Cups are included

Im just starting in the 4th season, not noticed any issues.

A further graphic update to complement this database - Stadium Exteriors.

Just over 2,000 exterior stadium pictures collated from Google Earth (or alternatives if stadium now extinct or was being built at time of satellite flyby) of varying quality but they perhaps add to the overall experience - hoof the ball too far and your star player may have to avoid traffic on the dual carriageway to get the ball back...

Some samples below (note - if I can retain the enthusiasm I'll try and source stadium interiors or action shots to complete the stadium graphics - the bottom image in the Villa Park screenshot comes from a.n.other background pack but is likely to be what I'll aim for - it'll be a slog)

1KpTwos.jpg0tgA0CD.jpg

ygCpO9y.jpg

Download here - 700Mb in size and comes with an Excel spreadsheet (including instructions) that will generate config files should the original config files not work (i.e. you have additional databases) - hopefully easier to use than previous version in that it creates the relevant config & you just need to copy to the appropriate folder and rename.

Full pack (Stadium Exteriors / Logos / Cities) - here - 2.71Gb

Logos only - here - 200Mb (updated to include some revised logos & add in some that had fallen away on most recent uploads - i.e. Isle of Man)

Cities only - here - 1.86Gb

Move the downloaded files to the relevant directory (usually something like \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics\pictures), fire up FM21/reload the skin and then check the results - if logos/cities/stadiums don't match or display then open up the Excel file and work through the instructions.

Any problems with getting config to work, then feel free to send me a message (rather than clog up this thread) & I'll try and help out.

Edited by AhMostyn
Correct links - 15/5/21