Scout Report - "Fairly poor intelligence on the football pitch"

3 minutes ago, djpdavey said:

ok. My scouts are rubbish and not sure when to trust them. His mentals look ok to me. which mentals particularly? 

Have a look at the attributes and where they're particularly poor. Possibly Anticipation and/or Decisions.

3 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Have a look at the attributes and where they're particularly poor. Possibly Anticipation and/or Decisions.

Thanks! looks like my scout is an idiot. he doesn't seem to realise we are in the national league and not league one.

• 3 years later...

I had same question m8.  I too assumed decisions, anticipation & off the ball and concentration too! However one of my scouts actually mentioned positioning in relation to it. And every player I've seen with the dreaded negative..... 'lacks intelligence to compete at higher levels' has had low positioning . Hope it helps bud

Young players usually have bad mentals, because of their lack of experience in professional football. 

Physical > Skills> Mental is my order of selecting a good dude.  Moreover, the lower you are in the pyramid, the more you can 'ignore' the mental stats due to the opposition being bad too. Hence why some highlights are pure comedy at that level.