Too Many Penalties

duesouth

My theory is that when you have a top team vs a poor team, the poor team gives away too many penalties.  Some of them in terms of the graphical representation of them don't look even remotely like penalties - and that does add to the frustration.  I'm playing as F.C. Andorra (Spanish second division B3) and just played Athletico Madrid in the cup.  I knew I would give away a penalty in this game - and did (6th minute).  Here's the pkm, and will add to it with other examples - but for sure I have noticed this only since full release, it was not present in the beta.

F.C. Andorra v A. Madrid.pkm

As noted in the OP, I will post more pkm's as I come across them, and certainly I accept that it's impossible from the 1 game posted above.  I would say over the course of playing FM21 since full release, I've come to the conclusion that when one team is much better than the opposition, the weaker team will give away too many penalties.  I don't believe that would show up in stats over full multiple seasons or comparing to real life - it would get lost in all the games between teams closer to each other in ability.  Anyway - 2 more examples from friendlies - 2 pens in each game to the stronger team.

San Giovanni vs Valsanterno - 12 and 13 minutes

San Giovanni vs Cavriglia - 3 and 76 minutes

San Giovanni v Cavriglia.pkm San Giovanni v Valsanterno.pkm

A few from when by beta save turned into full version and I first noticed the issue:

Dalum vs Skive - 17 mins

HB Koge vs Dalum - 31 mins

Silkeborg vs Dalum - 41 mins

Hvidovtre vs Dalum - 93 mins

4 pens in 7 games.  Very few pens conceded in the beta.

Dalum v Skive IK.pkm HB Køge v Dalum.pkm Silkeborg IF v Dalum.pkm Hvidovre IF v Dalum.pkm