[FM21] Bundesliga(s) - The German football thread

Pavi

14 minutes ago, Captain Funk said:

Great team, mate!

How did your transfer budgets look for each season? I reckon some of the buys were on instalments?

Yeah, all on installments. I'm 100 million in transfer debt, but Bundesliga is rich and the club seems to handle these expences well. I've generated enough cash throgh sales though.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 17/12/2020 at 22:56, bestbrother said:

lol ill still give it a go somewhere... HSBC are a bit funky, they have cash but the board step in on everything. So ive taken my talents to 3. Liga and the behemoth 'Kaiserslautern.

How the hell they are languishing down there ill never know, but ill give them a go at reviving their fortunes by hook or crook :D

Exactly what does the board step in on? Will they block transfers fx.?

55 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

Yeah they seem to want to cap each fee, so say i bidded 40m for someone... they would step in and say no we will only spend 23m on him.

That's a bummer... That'll really turn me off from managing them... 

I normally save germany for later in the fm cycle as being part german I tend to enjoy managing in germany quite often as last year I took Dynamo Dresden to UCL regulars but I think I'll try a different kind of challenge despite still playing in yellow with this new side

61949602f7057337717554e01c0fc3a1.png.e53ab23763f5afdf3e81a6c0c385bcdc.png

These are the main tactics I'll be using as I feel Dortmund's squad is perfect for a 4-2-3-1 and my personal love affair with the diamond

655873623_BVBtactic1.png.7bcf2b7307aea397e6cffb006ad279e7.png

1759640602_BVBtactic2.png.35ecc794d6bab5b945cde8bdb9a30115.png

I am in the market for a GK and a RB right now and I have identified 3 for both positions

2 minutes ago, Azazel05 said:

I normally save germany for later in the fm cycle as being part german I tend to enjoy managing in germany quite often as last year I took Dynamo Dresden to UCL regulars but I think I'll try a different kind of challenge despite still playing in yellow with this new side

61949602f7057337717554e01c0fc3a1.png.e53ab23763f5afdf3e81a6c0c385bcdc.png

These are the main tactics I'll be using as I feel Dortmund's squad is perfect for a 4-2-3-1 and my personal love affair with the diamond

655873623_BVBtactic1.png.7bcf2b7307aea397e6cffb006ad279e7.png

1759640602_BVBtactic2.png.35ecc794d6bab5b945cde8bdb9a30115.png

I am in the market for a GK and a RB right now and I have identified 3 for both positions

What skin are you using? And what players have you got on your shortlist?

17 minutes ago, Ewan0404 said:

What skin are you using? And what players have you got on your shortlist?

I'm using the dark polish skin and on my shortlist

1030556412_BVBGKshortlist.png.ac03ee13317d165114dd61e931a22678.png

1438091450_BVBRBShortlist.png.6d172742a02c8949e5eaecefc49fb220.png

Just waiting for some sales to happen so I can start making moves

Although after some thinking I replaced Atal with Davide Calabria

Edited by Azazel05

6 minutes ago, Azazel05 said:

Well... I have spent what is the equivalent to a "boatload of cash"

1922081009_Donnarummarecords.png.d66690a84472af0583c34101cfe7afa2.png

I suppose Kepa's record as worlds most expensive GK is in the bin now

You could have potentially got him on a pre contract in January and got him for free next summer.

Thinking of doing an RBL save, or is it too easy? i dont get a lot of time to play fm, and def am not clever enough to get my second choice for a save(bmg) to win the bundesliga. Also they have so many players and loads of different formations, it could get confusing! or gas anyone had success with bmg?

On 02/02/2021 at 21:43, oze07 said:

Thinking of doing an RBL save, or is it too easy? i dont get a lot of time to play fm, and def am not clever enough to get my second choice for a save(bmg) to win the bundesliga. Also they have so many players and loads of different formations, it could get confusing! or gas anyone had success with bmg?

Just enjoy yourself mate and give it a go. Would have thought expectations will be pretty low with BMG relatively, so youll have time to build. If you dont win everything insantly so be it. Only a game

On 25/01/2021 at 11:24, MasterFolke said:

How hard is it to keep Haaland and Sancho? 

i guess you have to win league and CL in the near future for them to tie up lenghty contracts.

I'm also eager to know this and what the Dortmund board are like regarding transfers.

Dortmund are notoriously a selling club, but as seen by their handling of the Sancho to Man Utd transfer last summer, they will at least play hard-ball over fees.

Anyone know if they're likely to accept bids over the manager's head?

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

Holy hell! What did you do in the second season to make him explode unto the scene like that?

Well, I went to a 442 from a 433 the season before. And I brought in Andreas Pereira, who can not score but makes a lot of assists (14 in the league). He played up Uth nicely consistently through the sesason. In the end we finished third, well behind Dortmund and Bayern. 

image.png.3ee0c9d78525147d683f6df50a0ebb07.png

Im still trying to find a European save to go alongside my Sunderland one and Im struggling to find one that grips me from the start. I still have a Valencia save but I havent played on that one for a while so Ill be giving Dortmund a go. I havent managed a team on this years edition who have quality players all over the pitch and I just want to win a trophy, I havent even managed to win the Papa Johns Trophy with Sunderland yet :lol: Also this will be the only time I get to manage Haaland and Sancho as I never manage a club rich enough to buy them.

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, dennislauridsen said:

Hello.

Are there someone that plays with Hertha? 
i Think i wanna play my final save with Them

They are a fun save. You are more or less guaranteed 80mil transfer budget each season. Personally at the start of the 3rd season after having got hold of Demir and Salemaakers to add too the likes of Camavinga and Castrovilli I found it got quite unrealistic, but ultimately its what you make it. 

I won the DFB Pokal Cup both seasons, second season I also won Europa League against Bayern. 

If you set yourself a target of a BuLi within 3-4 seasons then you're in for a fun save.  I've got bored and now need another save 😂

Just now, Daws88 said:

They are a fun save. You are more or less guaranteed 80mil transfer budget each season. Personally at the start of the 3rd season after having got hold of Demir and Salemaakers to add too the likes of Camavinga and Castrovilli I found it got quite unrealistic, but ultimately its what you make it. 

I won the DFB Pokal Cup both seasons, second season I also won Europa League against Bayern. 

If you set yourself a target of a BuLi within 3-4 seasons then you're in for a fun save.  I've got bored and now need another save 😂

Wow that is good. Maybe you could just buy German players or players playing in the German League like Bayern does etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now doing my 2nd season save as Hertha BSC manager. (before Final Winter Update database) To be honest, it's quite fun to manage Hertha since the expectations aren't that difficult to achieve.

Finished 3rd during 1st season. My best signings for the 1st season are Orsolini and Almada. Also signed Aissa Mandi from Betis. Quite good CB/FB at bargain price.

For 2nd season, managed to get Donnarumma and Calhanoglu for free as both refused to sign new contract with AC Milan (they're not qualified for UCL). Also bought 2 French wonderkids- Aouar and Camavinga. But the board wasn't happy as they expected me to sign at least one world-class player but I'm preparing for the future so yeah, that's why I bought those two French wonderkids. Also bought Milenkovic from Fiorentina as CB.

Edited by flipfold27

On 20/04/2021 at 01:50, flipfold27 said:

I'm now doing my 2nd season save as Hertha BSC manager. (before Final Winter Update database) To be honest, it's quite fun to manage Hertha since the expectations aren't that difficult to achieve.

Finished 3rd during 1st season. My best signings for the 1st season are Orsolini and Almada. Also signed Aissa Mandi from Betis. Quite good CB/FB at bargain price.

For 2nd season, managed to get Donnarumma and Calhanoglu for free as both refused to sign new contract with AC Milan (they're not qualified for UCL). Also bought 2 French wonderkids- Aouar and Camavinga. But the board wasn't happy as they expected me to sign at least one world-class player but I'm preparing for the future so yeah, that's why I bought those two French wonderkids. Also bought Milenkovic from Fiorentina as CB.

How's Donnarumma doing so far? I'm doubting a lot to sign him on a fee on my Arsenal save. Normally I would sign him, but Leno has been really outstanding. On the other hand Donnarumma will only get better of course and is free which means I can generate some cash with selling Leno. Doubting a lot..

On 20/04/2021 at 00:50, flipfold27 said:

How much money do you get each season with Hertha then buddy as I am looking into doing a save with them at some point.

There is so many German league teams I want to manage. 

3 hours ago, bart__goes said:

How's Donnarumma doing so far? I'm doubting a lot to sign him on a fee on my Arsenal save. Normally I would sign him, but Leno has been really outstanding. On the other hand Donnarumma will only get better of course and is free which means I can generate some cash with selling Leno. Doubting a lot..

Well, I would say that he's absolutely a beast in GK position and expecting to develop better. I would say that his reflexes & height really make the differences.donnaruma.thumb.JPG.ba128bfb2f9caff7ca02f6ddf7a6b806.JPG

49 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

How much money do you get each season with Hertha then buddy as I am looking into doing a save with them at some point.

There is so many German league teams I want to manage. 

To be honest I already forgot how much the transfer budget allocated on the first season but I do believe somewhere around 50mil. During my 1st season, Orsolini was the beast and he's developing really well to become a world-class player.  As for the second season that I'm currently playing now, I received 88mil to buy new players so that's how I ended up buying Aouar and Camavinga.  But those budgets are based on the database before the final winter update. If you play with the latest database, you would have around 24.5mil to spend with minimum guaranteed 31mil. 

14 hours ago, flipfold27 said:

Well, I would say that he's absolutely a beast in GK position and expecting to develop better. I would say that his reflexes & height really make the differences.donnaruma.thumb.JPG.ba128bfb2f9caff7ca02f6ddf7a6b806.JPG

Lovely, thanks mate! I'm going ahead and will offer him a contract to join The Gunners and cash in on Leno

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/01/2021 at 10:43, DaveMUFC said:

Anyone given St Pauli a go on this edition? I'm trying to give it a go as they could actually get relegated this season, but I'm finding it so hard. 

Lost the first cup game to Dresden in the 3. Liga, then got absolutely battered by Bochum in the first league game. Even with Burgstaller, the team seems to create nothing, and their play seems so sluggish and slow..

St. Pauli - Basically stand up against every that’s wrong with football right now. Loaded up a save with them last night. Hoping it takes me no longer than 2 seasons to get them to the Bundesliga. ☠️🟤

Did you continue with your save? 

On 04/05/2021 at 07:59, accountfm said:

St. Pauli - Basically stand up against every that’s wrong with football right now. Loaded up a save with them last night. Hoping it takes me no longer than 2 seasons to get them to the Bundesliga. ☠️🟤

What does this mean? Sounds intriguing! In a good way or a bad way, I know very little about the club.

On 05/05/2021 at 12:51, goonergez said:

What does this mean? Sounds intriguing! In a good way or a bad way, I know very little about the club.

They are a very interesting club, very supporter driven. Quite a few politics are involved so Id suggest looking at Wikipedia and reading about them but this following statement seems to show what their policies are:

St. Pauli were the first club in Germany to integrate a set of Fundamental Principles (Leitlinien) to dictate how the club is run. The Fundamental Principles were passed by an overwhelming majority at the St. Pauli Congress in 2009 and they go beyond solely football.

The first five Principles states that:

"In its totality, consisting of members, staff, fans and honorary officers, St. Pauli FC is a part of the society by which it is surrounded and so is affected both directly and indirectly by social changes in the political, cultural and social spheres."

"St. Pauli FC is conscious of the social responsibility this implies, and represents the interests of its members, staff, fans and honorary officers in matters not just restricted to the sphere of sport."

"St. Pauli FC is the club of a particular city district, and it is to this that it owes its identity. This gives it a social and political responsibility in relation to the district and the people who live there."

"St. Pauli FC aims to put across a certain feeling for life and symbolises sporting authenticity. This makes it possible for people to identify with the club independently of any sporting successes it may achieve. Essential features of the club that encourage this sense of identification are to be honoured, promoted and preserved."

"Tolerance and respect in mutual human relations are important pillars of the St. Pauli philosophy."[

On 04/05/2021 at 18:59, accountfm said:

The problem is with St Pauli is success will likely conflict with their ideology. 

• 1 month later...

I haven't played FM21 in ages now, and I feel like getting back into the groove.

I also haven't touched Germany this year, and hence that might be my next save.

I'm considering Leverkusen, Hertha & Frankfurt as possible teams. Anyone have any experience with either that might convince me?

Edited by Gungner

2 hours ago, Gungner said:

I haven't played FM21 in ages now, and I feel like getting back into the groove.

I also haven't touched Germany this year, and hence that might be my next save.

I'm considering Leverkusen, Hertha & Frankfurt as possible teams. Anyone have any experience with either that might convince me?

Hertha has a front end sugardaddy now so you can expect a good amount of cash flowing during the seasons :) imo its a super fun save and berlin deserves to have a team doing good

6 minutes ago, whispers said:

Hertha has a front end sugardaddy now so you can expect a good amount of cash flowing during the seasons :) imo its a super fun save and berlin deserves to have a team doing good

Yeah, but I'm guessing it's difficult to attract the bigger names, until you start to do really well? :)

46 minutes ago, Gungner said:

Yeah, but I'm guessing it's difficult to attract the bigger names, until you start to do really well? :)

Well sorta but that goes for all 3 teams you mentioned :D you should be able to reach top5 with hertha in first season tho. when i played with them earlier i finished 2nd in the first season. Whenever i play with other teams hertha always comes with big money from the start of season 2 and onwards and they just try to buy everyone tbh. 

In germany they have everthing to become a fun save imo. 

Big stadium (74k)

Cool city

Money

Decent mix of players

Only other team i personally would find interesting in germany is leipzig. 

4 minutes ago, whispers said:

Well sorta but that goes for all 3 teams you mentioned :D you should be able to reach top5 with hertha in first season tho. when i played with them earlier i finished 2nd in the first season. Whenever i play with other teams hertha always comes with big money from the start of season 2 and onwards and they just try to buy everyone tbh. 

In germany they have everthing to become a fun save imo. 

Big stadium (74k)

Cool city

Money

Decent mix of players

Only other team i personally would find interesting in germany is leipzig. 

I do love Berlin 😁 Been there three times for Christmas, and a couple of times in the summer.

I've never seen any of the Berlin teams play though. 

3 minutes ago, Gungner said:

I do love Berlin 😁 Been there three times for Christmas, and a couple of times in the summer.

I've never seen any of the Berlin teams play though. 

Time to play with them then :D youre the dane from fmfreaks right?

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Captain Funk said:

Hi guys!

When do you sign Moukoko - do you sign him at the start of the save or take the chance and wait for his contract to expire?

unless the bug is fixed then dortmund cant pre sign him a new contract so you should always be able to offer him one. 

Hi guys,

I’m currently managing Turkgucu who I’ve managed to promote to the Bundesliga after successive promotions.

We now have a Turkgucu II who don’t appear to be playing in any league, will they eventually get to being in a playable league such as Bundesliga 3, if so how and when?

Furthermore, how and when does my U19 team join a proper U19 league?

Cheers guys!

I know there's often some big scorelines in the first round of the Pokal but my RB Leipzig team beat an amatuer side 23-0 in season 4 or maybe it was 5.

By far the biggest margin of victory for me in CM or FM I think. And I've been playing since the very beginning. :D