Head of development

Anyone know if there is a way to increase the world knowledge of your HOD. Ive got a near perfect HOD but still brining in ***** homegrown (UK) talent. In 5 years at Swansea I’ve had 1 4*potential player and his personality is shocking so not holding hope. I have upgraded all youth aspects to max, and world scouting knowledge is pretty fudging good for my scouting team. 

any ideas guys

image.jpg

HOYD does not influence the PA of your intake with the exceptional of a very rare freak regen once every blue moon. He does influence personalities, positions and if I'm not mistaken also attribute spread (i.e. a HOYD with tiki taka as favourite play will bring about more technical players). 

PA is influenced directly by youth facilities and youth recruitment and indirectly by your reputation as a higher rep will mean you get first dibs and thus a better chance at good youngsters. Affiliates may also influence youth intake PA but I'm not entirely sure about this. 

Haven't got a scientific study proving this, but in my experience, newgen HoYD's are rubbish compared to real mofo's. Despite their superior stats.

But to answer your question, pretty sure scouting knowledge outside of the nation your club is from isn't relevant for youth intake. 

On 15/12/2020 at 21:32, Rawlo said:

Anyone know if there is a way to increase the world knowledge of your HOD. Ive got a near perfect HOD but still brining in ***** homegrown (UK) talent. In 5 years at Swansea I’ve had 1 4*potential player and his personality is shocking so not holding hope. I have upgraded all youth aspects to max, and world scouting knowledge is pretty fudging good for my scouting team. 

any ideas guys

image.jpg

Why do you need to increase his world knowledge? Your area of intake is connected to youth recruitment, the higher the better (and bigger). Plus if you have affiliations with a specific note that one of them can appear in your intake - there's a chance you'll get one.

Besides, I think England is the most diverse in terms of nationalities on intake days, so 100% you'll have many nationalities.