The Weird Man Who Conquered Europe - Journeyman Challenge

The Weird Man Who Conquered Europe

image.png.8c16a1ad89ad65aee384b0ec3c920e48.png  

Details Below

I am someone who enjoys reading about managers and tactical styles from older eras. When reading about Total Football earlier in the year I ended up reading about an Austrian manager Ernst Happel. 

Ernst Happel: The 'Weird Man' Who Conquered European Football and Helped Shape the Modern Game | 90min

He like a lot of great managers have been forgotten as time has moved on, his career has inspired me to start a challenge and I hope others think it would be good and get involved.

Here is a look at at what Happel achieved in his career.

image.png.ead12cf463bdca75d216318ab1604872.png

The Challenge

image.png.d4fd1f58f7037b00220766548cee4c07.png

Ernst Happel took his first job in Holland at ADO den Haag. Although they had had some success in past they had not won anything since the 40s and where struggling. In 7 years he transformed them into a competitive side, his first piece of silverware was the Dutch Cup.

So the first part of the challenge is to take over a team in a league with a 3.5 or 3 star Reputation. Good examples are Holland, Belgium or Portugal. Start with a team in the bottom half in the season prediction. Build them up to be a competitive side, and win that nations highest ranked Cup. You have 7 seasons to do this! (wont take that long surely)

image.png.2ce6cdb347b8f3356e6feb8378cfdf70.png

From this competition you will now choose a team that is predicted to finish in the bottom

half of the table. I have gone with ADO den Haag for example. Teams with a similar reputation

will be ideal way to start.

Use this time to establish tactics your going to use & the types of players and attributes you are going to

need throughout your career.

3ET70h4Ogae0z8fILUBS_7w-xaqiyPu-oiwr0UNpBM4xbl4o7P-KtrYZOFW4I-1GkK2HhWacqW7_I707zHkfawlEQZLZtiLb0iPEtoKZeCL4nf6yv0ST64EAMEcP0PgTo8CY80VU

image.png.450e932aa20cee2622084a522e71bde7.png

Erns Happel left Den Haag for division rivals Feyenoord in 1969. Winning the European Cup & Intercontinental Cup in 1970 and Eredivisie in 1971.

In modern football this may be difficult to achieve, that is why the European cup can be won in either stage 2 3 or 4 and world club cup anytime in career. 

image.png.ff50ad87d6deafd3976bc21244440a8e.png

Ernst Happel returned to his home country before retirement. Winning 2 Austrian league titles and 1 Austrian Cup.

We are going to mix things up and just go for 2 these 2 titles earlier in our career.

image.png.1d5e9b251c1175c343962169caa2be36.png

Ernst Happel had two stints managing in Belgium. First at Club Brugge winning 3 Belgian League Titles & 1 Belgian Cup. He also came runners up in the European Cup and UEFA Cup. Second was Standard Liege winning one Belgian Cup and 1 Belgian Super Cup.

We are going to blend this in to one club.

image.png.9028117de765b767e33168943142d44d.png

image.png.7de4502746167dd1ba0443da9b6c5ba1.png

Ernst Happel had a successful stint in Germany managing HSV. Winning 2 League Titles, a cup & his second European Cup (13 years later)

So as the last leg of this journey. We are looking for clubs in the top 4 leagues.

image.png.8185d89339fa7657fe69afbc051734f6.png
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I feel this would be a good journey man challenge, one I am currently trying to attempt myself. I will post more details in the thread below. 

To take part just play your save

Post pictures of your progress and a paragraph to show your progress. A screenshot of your career milestones showing your competition milestones, league tables is what I would like to see. Anything to show off your success.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is my first challenge. If there is anything that not clear please comment and I will edit the thread.

Also take a moment to check out Ernst Happel and his impact on the game.

(Edited because had few questions so wanted to ty to make things clearer)
Edited by JarheadFM

Sounds like a good one. I always want to manage in Europe, outside the top leagues, but never quite settle on a save to do that. So gonna give this a go!

To clarify, for the stage four "Super Cup" requirement, is that intended to be the domestic equivalent in whatever nation you're managing? (i.e., not the UEFA super cup) 

3 hours ago, XuluBak said:

Sounds like a good one. I always want to manage in Europe, outside the top leagues, but never quite settle on a save to do that. So gonna give this a go!

To clarify, for the stage four "Super Cup" requirement, is that intended to be the domestic equivalent in whatever nation you're managing? (i.e., not the UEFA super cup) 

@XuluBakGlad you like the sound of it, look forward to hearing abput your success. Yeah I will edit that to clarify. Yeah the domestic Super Cup, community shield etc.

spacer.png

Heracles Almelo

I've started with Heracles Almelo. Mostly for the purple away kits, but also because they've never won KNVB Beker. It sounds like Ernst Happel was a pioneer of and helped popularize the 433, when 424/442 was the norm, so going to follow a similar path, going away from the modern 433/4231 norm. 

3 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

I also have a Time Travellers Challenge Coming Up :-)

I see you mention that, will be very cool. I liked when done the CL 100 years in the future last year, last time Switzerland, Austria and Germany was the  top leagues. Wonder if it will be similar

@XuluBaknice choice, should be good challenge.

Yeah he defiantly played a large role in popularizing the 433, offside trap and he took a lot of defensive concepts from basketball, defending from the front, blocking passing lanes etc. I have made a tactic based of his style that I will eventually transition to. Currently using a 433 low block with attacking mentality with Den Haag

spacer.png

Heracles Almelo

2020-2021

My vision is to overwhelm our opposition with a four-man midfield (4132/4312 narrow), have FBs that run nonstop, and attack mercilessly. Unfortunately, I inherited a squad full of wingers and attacking midfielders, and short on midfielders and strikers, so my first season was an exercise in improvisation and lowered expectations. We lined up 4132, with pinching inverted wingers and a roaming playmaker in front of a halfback. After a bumpy start of trial and error, and dealing with unwarranted drama from players that have since been moved on, we found a relatively good run of form. Shipping goals against top sides, but winning our fair share against everyone else. That saw us firmly in sixth place for much of the season, but an epic second half collapse by Feyenoord opened the door for us to jump them on matchday 34, with us hosting VVV-Venlo (last) and them traveling to Ajax (first)...

Eredivisie Results

Spoiler

1547665345_HeraclesResults2020-21A.jpg.43427c8a88a2cd8b8c99b3b2ae4734b1.jpg

40923907_HeraclesResults2020-21B.jpg.f971c1f42409df01f0aab6e35b2ce62e.jpg

Table

Spoiler

975730252_EredivisieTable2020-21.jpg.3b80b3d9a124599f6a9c06ea4621ce53.jpg

KNVB-Beker

Spoiler

837150303_KNVBBeker2020-21.jpg.329544a484c9b89d21f4437b21224aed.jpg

Our quarterfinal against FC Emmen should have been one of the highlights of the season, but was "ruined" in the dying moments of the match, as our first-choice keeper fielded the ball and his momentum carried him out of the box. I cannot explain what happened next, but he was ultimately suspended for the Semi Final. Ajax away would have been a big ask under the best of circumstances, which that obviously was not.

Squad/Stats

Spoiler

783655980_HeraclesStats2020-21.thumb.jpg.c71ccaf37557c14a61f21d2d876337fe.jpg

Summer 2021

Not surprisingly, my first summer window in charge has been a very busy one, as I try to shape the squad to meet my needs.

Spoiler

2083694281_Transfers1.thumb.jpg.daaf42484d3c086374dbbc6372cf15cc.jpg

304244505_Transfers2.thumb.jpg.3e6a720f1b1357ffcd4b846934a8ab65.jpg

I'd prefer to avoid (or limit) free transfers, but between the quantity of midfielders needed, and not really having an academy, I let myself snag a few this window. 

Edited by XuluBak

spacer.png

Heracles Almelo

2021-2022

Qualifying for Europa Conference League playoffs meant we had to hit the ground running, with our newly implemented 4312, after a relatively short preseason. The guys seemed up for it though, as we cruised through our 2nd and 3rd qualifying round matchups with aggregate scores of 5-0 and 10-0, respectively. Our first concession of the season, late in (Eredivisie) matchday 2, away to Feyenoord, would prove costly, but it was hard to be too disappointed about taking 12 from 15, especially considering our early fixture congestion, with one of our hardest fixtures out of the way. Despite our early performances, I went into our 4th qualifying round draw against Beşiktas with tempered expectations. I shouldn't have. 1-3 away, 3-1 home. Convincing. Expectation changing. 

Europa Conference League

Spoiler

1430738648_HeraclesEC2Results2021-22.jpg.93ae61f596147111274f7550ce3e2944.jpg

Aside from losing our first-choice #10 for three months, which was a relatively minor loss given our squad, we largely avoided the injury bug. Unfortunately, both our first-choice CBs picked up minor knocks the day before our QF away leg to Standard Liege. In hindsight, maybe I should have rolled the dice and played them, or gone more conservatively, playing for the second leg, but that's not our style. A good run, unfortunate ending. Still a great accomplishment (and financial boost) for the club. 

Eredivisie Results

Spoiler

109155457_HeraclesResults2021-22A.jpg.a167afc598b4845498f58c2c535ba122.jpg

605809171_HeraclesResults2021-22B.jpg.9193c2997ff919a53e711ef04f671b5c.jpg

Eredivisie Table

Spoiler

1196214230_EredivisieTable2021-22.jpg.c050960e77402ff21409a822c619d608.jpg

After a great start, Feyenoord collapsed down the stretch, again. We were briefly in first, but once Ajax went top, it never felt like they'd relinquish the crown. Club record for wins and points, and going in, would have been absolutely thrilled with a second place finish, but it was a bit tough to have such a great season, and come up short, despite getting results against the Champs (and other top sides). 

Obviously, qualifying for UCL could be massive for the club, especially if we can make it into the group stage. 

KNVB-Beker

Spoiler

449380566_KNVBBeker2021-22.jpg.8d0b62e39293c0c2c999fc7f7912228d.jpg

Our greatest disappointment. Flying so high after knocking off Ajax, on a 30-match unbeaten run, we lost to AZ in the Semis (our last defeat before that run), after being gifted a penalty in the opening five minutes. We basically created nothing the entire match, which was an especially hard way to go out, considering our goal scoring record for so much of the season.

Squad/Stats

Spoiler

1882636952_HeraclesStats2021-22.thumb.jpg.76dd67a09c564d46fbbef9b3b1ed06c2.jpg

Burgzorg went from pleasant surprise to absolutely brilliant. Top Eredivisie goalscorer, runner up and player of the season in the Europa Conference League. 

I was concerned I might have "overpaid" for Borja Sanchez. I did not. Sabelli proved to be an incredible bargain. 

Luckassen (PSV) and Bazoer (Vitesse) were our two winter acquisitions. The former was targeted as someone that could play RCB/RB, but was good enough to just take over at RCB. The latter was on my shortlist, but only moved on him after losing Sousa for three months.

Manager of the year, again. Go me! 

Looking Ahead

Now what? We had a great season, without any glaring weakness to explain why we came up short, and yet, here we are. I think the best case scenario is we get to run it back with largely the same squad. Unfortunately, I'm not overly optimistic that we'll be able to hold onto all our key players. 

Edited by XuluBak

• 2 weeks later...

Due to being inspired by Daljit on Youtube, I have decided to join this challenge.

I am going to be Rubin Kazan from Russia. Predicted to finish 9th out of 16 teams. I hope to win them the Russian cup and then see where that takes me!

1200px-FC_Rubin_Kazan_logo.svg.png

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first time doing a challenge here and I am not a master FM tactician but the Ernst Happel challenge looks like a lot of fun. So I thought what the hell, let's give it a go! For my first club I have ventured to Belgium and taken the reins at Sportvereniging Zulte Waregem, who are predicted to finish 10th this season. Outside of that I don't know much about the team or the league so I'd better get cracking with the research. Wish me luck.

SV-Zulte-Waregem-Logo.png

Hey guys and gals, please forgive the creative way I have uploaded my progress. I'm very new to this forum and don't know how to use it very well. Right here is my progress. I also got Manager of the Season. Image is at the very bottom.

Zulte Zaregem - Happel challenge - season one review-1.jpg

Zulte Zaregem - Happel challenge - season one review-2.jpg

Zulte Zaregem - Happel challenge - season one review-3.jpg

Zulte Zaregem - Happel challenge - season one review-4.jpg

Zulte Zaregem - Happel challenge - season one review-5.jpg

Zulte Zaregem - Happel challenge - season one review-6.jpg

Zulte Zaregem - Happel challenge - season one review-7.jpg

Zulte Waregem season one Manager of the Season.png

Edited by Joe Mako
I received MOS award after original post

• 3 weeks later...

I've been watching Daljit have a go at this, and thought I'd try.  Pretty safe to say I'm not the greatest tactically with the game - but I try!  I decided to go to Austria and took charge of SKN St. Polten.

Year One

We did pretty well in the league, staying up with ease.  The Cup wasn't as good, as we got knocked out in the second round to a first division team.

Year Two

I went into the loan market with 3 signings.  The best was right winger Christian Conteh who is FAST (pace and acceleration both 16) and he had a fine season with a 7.4 average rating with 11 goals and 12 assists.  Target man Ferdy Druijf wasn't my first choice, but he did OK 6.93, but only 6 goals (more on one of them shortly).  Finally, central defender Bright Arrey-Mbi came on loan from Bayern and was solid with a 6.96 rating.

Again, we stayed up comfortably - we had a couple of nice results - beating Sturm Graz and getting a point against the best team by miles RB Salzburg - but still only managed the relegation section when the league split and I was hoping for more.  However, after beating Premier Div oppo in the second and third rounds of the cup - in the Q-F and then S-F we got First Division oppo and won 4-1 and 4-0 respectively.  The final though was against RB Salzburg and I wasn't expecting to win.

The only real weakness I could see with RBS was their right back wasn't great in the air.  I normally play my Target Man on our right - but switched him and told him to stay wider to try and match him up against a shorter man.  Their wing backs both bomb on, so the focus of play was both wings.  We survived them hitting the bar - and we did the same with an easy chance early in the second half.  I thought it might be the best chance we would get - but in the 64th minute young central midfielder Emilian Metu threaded a ball through to the TM Druijf - and with that stay wider PI, he was in the space between CD and FB and smashed home for us to take the lead.  They put us under a lot of pressure and hit the bar again 2 minutes from time - but we shut up shop and held on for the win!

So, Stage One is done - I now need to wait for a job opening in Austria.  Right now there are no jobs open, so I'll wait.  In the meantime, all 3 loanees will return, as it looks like I might still be in charge for game one.

1551674684_WeirdManStageOne.jpg.aa752ab131ba0879f7ceb6a85c19eead.jpg

EDIT:  At the end of the season, Austria Vienna's manager retired - I applied and got the job.  They are a 3.5* rep team - the budgets are bigger and we'll see if we can displace RB Salzburg - not an easy task...

Edited by duesouth

9 hours ago, JarheadFM said:

Nice work @duesouth

I managed to win the league with Rapid on FM20, Salzburg tough to contend with

Cheers, mate - I picked a tough league, but it should be a good test!  I'm really enjoying the challenge - a great idea!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I am in quarantine and while there I can continue my save which started on youtube with Kasimpasa in Turkey. We managed to finish in ECL spots in the Turkish league in our first season.

In our second season we won the European Conference League and finished 5th. In our third season we managed to win the top domestic cup in the country. Now with our 3rd season ending we are very tempted to move leagues.

Turkey is incredibly challenging because of their youth rules. You ALWAYS have to play with a U21 player who is HGC which makes it a really interesting challenge.

Was offered the Newcastle job in my 2nd season and the Norwegian national team as well. I turned both down.

To reiterate the challenge is :

Win a league title in four different countries
Win the European Cup in 2 different countries

The challenge  should be done in stages. You can only progress to the second stage after you have won a domestic trophy in your first league. Then from that point onwards you are free to move leagues, but these are all between 3-3.5 leagues. Once you have won a title in at least 3 leagues and if you have won the European Cup in at least one can you finally move to a reputation 4 league and finish the challenge which includes 2 league titles and another domestic trophy, a continental trophy,  an intercontinental cup? I assume this is correct?

21 hours ago, Rashidi said:

To reiterate the challenge is :

Win a league title in four different countries
Win the European Cup in 2 different countries

The challenge  should be done in stages. You can only progress to the second stage after you have won a domestic trophy in your first league. Then from that point onwards you are free to move leagues, but these are all between 3-3.5 leagues. Once you have won a title in at least 3 leagues and if you have won the European Cup in at least one can you finally move to a reputation 4 league and finish the challenge which includes 2 league titles and another domestic trophy, a continental trophy,  an intercontinental cup? I assume this is correct?

You need to hop over to one of big boys and take the Turkish title, then free to move country. Belgium was hard having to play 5belgian players every game

21 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Ok I am in quarantine and while there I can continue my save which started on youtube with Kasimpasa in Turkey. We managed to finish in ECL spots in the Turkish league in our first season.

In our second season we won the European Conference League and finished 5th. In our third season we managed to win the top domestic cup in the country. Now with our 3rd season ending we are very tempted to move leagues.

Turkey is incredibly challenging because of their youth rules. You ALWAYS have to play with a U21 player who is HGC which makes it a really interesting challenge.

Was offered the Newcastle job in my 2nd season and the Norwegian national team as well. I turned both down.

Nice work, done well with them

My main save every year was almost always the classic Journeyman - no reputation unemployed manager to CL winner. On FM20 I wanted to do something different, so I have put my toes into the YA Challenge. But since I'm playing on the Touch version of the game this Challenge wasn't feasible to be finished on FMT because the number of the youth player income is simply too low to be competitive on the higher levels.

I wanted to do Journeyman save again on FMT21 with start after the winter transfer update. When I saw this challenge I knew this is it.
So friends, please welcome a new Weird Man on his journey to become the new Ernst Happel.

spacer.png        spacer.png

The journey begins in Greece at the Panetolikos, a football club predicted to finish the season in 11th place.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Just starting this challenge after completing the *Ultimate Challenge*. I wanted somewhere I could stay for more than a couple seasons and build, which hopefully I can here!

Not a bad start for a team predicted to finished 12th. (Possibly 11th, I can't remember). Either way, it was the bottom half!

Two big losses already....6-1 vs Ajax & AZ. No wage budget available. I think the owner is retiring by the end of the season....I can only hope!

image.thumb.png.2b8ddb1f5ca033454054363c8041c159.png

EqFCqEM.png

Panetolikos FCTableChampionship Group | Transfers | Season 2020/21 (1st Season)

Season Review:

We performed above all expectations and finished our first season in 4th place that is a record high for the club. The Greek Super League splits into two groups after the first 26 games. We were sitting safely in 4th place after these 26 games and we continued to play well also in the Championship Group. To finish the league on 4th is a real overachievement for the club such as Panetolikos. I won the manager of the year award as well.

We finished our Cup run in the 3rd Round against AEK. The game was lost in extra time with a goal from AEK in 116. minute.

Best performer and best young player:

Our best player was 34 years old Portuguese veteran Hélder Barbosa. Although he's not getting any younger, he's still on a high level for the Greek league and he definitely has one more season in his legs. The best young player was Apostolos Konstantopoulos, a towering CB with great potential for the future improvements.

FKUyW4Q.png   QgJPyD9.png

We will need to rebuild our squad for the next season and bring some refreshments into the team. Most of the first team players in in the latest 20' or even older than 30 years so we are already planning to bring in some young fresh legs to give us some extra push for the seasons to come.

Overview:

ZvTXezv.png

Edited by uroszila

• 3 weeks later...

EqFCqEM.png

Panetolikos FC | Competitions | Team | Transfers | Season 2021/22 (2nd Season)

Season Review:

Again we had a very good season as we even surpassed the achievement from the last season with 3rd place in the league competition. We played in the Europa Conference League as well finishing 2nd in our Group with Leverkusen, Astana, and Lokomotivi Tbilisi. We beat Servette in the 1st knockout round before we were eliminated from the competition in the 2nd knockout round against Aberdeen.

The cream of the crop was the Greek Cup final against Panathinaikos. We beat them comfortably with the result of 3:0. This is the first major trophy for the Panetolikos club. With winning the cup I accomplished the Stage 1 challenge.

The best player in this season was our mid-season signing Diego Raposo. Stunning player and with Model Citizen personality good role model for the young players. The best young player was also our top goalscorer - Vincenzo Della Pietra. The free signing netted 23 goals in all competitions this season which is also a club record.

LMYg3eh.png   tEvepvE.png

Overview:

The first part of the journey is completed. We will have to see if any of the big boys will want to change the manager. Otherwise, we will stick at the Panetolikos for the next season waiting for the job opportunities to appear.

oDNGmBh.png

Edited by uroszila

I am so happy at my first club, we managed to win the European Conference League in our 2nd season and the Turkish Cup in the 3rd season eventually building enough reputation to become a top half side. 

My initial plan had been to try and turn Vaduz into a powerhouse with a bunch of incredible Liechtensteiners. In the base game, the Swiss Challenge League is the lowest available tier. My Reserve, U21, and U18 sides don't take part in the Swiss league system so they only play friendlies. We have an affiliation with Liechtenstein U18 which does participate in a Swiss U18 competition, but they have a no over 18 players in the match day squad rule and obviously I have no influence over their facilities, staff, or training. 

So after seeing some of Daljit's Weird Man Journeyman videos with Kasımpaşa on youtube and reading through the stories on this thread, I thought I'd join in on this challenge. 

I'm just about to finish season 4 with Vaduz. I started a standalone thread with somewhat more detailed season recaps ([FM20] Weird Man Journeyman Ernst Happel Challenge beginning with FC Vaduz). 

Recap: In season 1 we won the Challenge League and were promoted to the Swiss Super League. We've won the Liechtensteiner Cup 4 times now, though for Vaduz these are essentially glorified friendlies. It's been a good laugh that 3 out of 4 years we've been dubbed the "biggest underachievers" in the competition. In the 2022/23 season we had the highest goalscorer, assist leader, set the club and competition record for largest victory and also set the club and competition record for youngest goal scorer. I can only surmise the newspaper that keeps dubbing us underachievers is owned by one of our Swiss rivals. :lol:

2022/23 Liechtensteiner Cup Review:

Spoiler

966583258_ScreenShot2021-04-16at4_11_16PM.thumb.png.03ad930d894b774d1f9bae43c1c4ebfe.png

With only 10 teams in the league there is so much head to head action that a small sequence of results one way or the other can really shake up the entire table. We managed a surprising 4th place finish in the first season in the top tier and finished 2nd last season. It took us until some time in season 3 to sort enough transfers and really start to get settled into a tactic. We did not have much luck in the Europa League qualifying rounds. In season 3 we made it to the Fourth Qualifying Round of the Europa Conference League where we were played off the park by Mainz 05 who would go on to win the competition. In season 4 we made it through the group stage of the Europa Conference League, but were eliminated in the first knockout round by defending champion Mainz. They've gone on to make the final again. 

Those funny strings of league results saw 2021/22 title winner Young Boys in last place for a good while, but they are now safely in 3rd place. We go into the final match day of the 2022/23 season controlling our own destiny. A victory will see us win the Super League. I may apply for the job at one of the big sides whether we manage to win the league or not as at least one of those jobs is open. 

Edited by riv3th3ad

After four and a half successful years with Vaduz, we have moved on to our second club at the winter break in the 2023/24 season!

Titles Won: Swiss Challenge League (2019/20), Swiss Super League (2022/23)

Cups: Liechtensteiner Cup (4 victories)

296440039_YoungBoysmanagerunveiling.thumb.png.2ba2b4286cbea4a25998e2632c2d4889.png

We've come in to replace Joachim Löw who took over after the previous manager left for the Bundesliga. Löw seems to have been struggling to settle on a tactic or he just likes to chop and change a lot. The media had Young Boys pegged as the title favorite in the preseason and we find ourselves sitting 6th at the moment. 

I love a journey man save and need some direction so I'll give this a shot. Decided to start as Panetolikos in Greece (mainly because I think the badge is cool :-D) Here's my set up as well in case anyone is curios 

Journeyman set up.PNG

pantelikos.PNG

Edited by OugaBagga

Heeeeey guys, just updating season two of my Happel challenge, which I have streamlined compared to my first season review. If you have any questions in regards to the save feel free to ask. Now on with the show.

Zulte Zaregem - Happel challenge - season two review1024_1.jpg

Zulte Zaregem - Happel challenge - season two review1024_2.jpg

Zulte Zaregem - Happel challenge - season two review1024_3.jpg

Zulte Zaregem - Happel challenge - season two review1024_4.jpg

Zulte Zaregem - Happel challenge - season two review1024_5.jpg

Manager of the year S2.png

Edited by Joe Mako
I wanted to add MOTY pic

What a first season in the league, surpassed all expectations, a 3 way points tie just wow, didn't do so well in the cup, also somehow managed to ruin the club finances despite making a (small) transfer profit, a big rebuild is due in the summer as I'm having to let a fair few players go as I cant afford to renew their deals, can't see me doing as well next season, going to try and bring in some high potential youngsters on the cheap that will hopefully come good in a couple of years to try and win the cup

eos 1 transfers in.PNG

eos 1 transfers out.PNG

eos 1.PNG

season 1 cup.PNG

season 1 finaces.PNG

2995.png.b729ef7b422acefc258152ab300fd134.png

Paços de Ferreira

Season 1

Hi Everyone been meaning to post but been too busy playing fm to get round to it :p anyway i started at Paços de Ferreira and what a 2 seasons it was, i really enjoyed it and was gutted to leave them.

Season 1

We were predicted to finish 11th (see previous post) and managed a 7th place finish, we also very surprisingly for me won the cup beating sporting in the final :eek: so first step of challenge completed at end of season 1 :lock: for transfers we got some good loans and Loum and Conti from Porto and Benfica were a steal for what we paid. We also made £2.3M profit on transfers. 

Spoiler

SR3.png.7636d4364e256cc8b7bbe49958dc59f7.png

Spoiler

SR2.png.f9762dd49b8fe4e75e3bf0001b2076e6.png

Spoiler

SR5.png.202a71c15dae48354c75f5300f8a8ff2.png

Spoiler

1194078174_TransferS1.png.1e7fb7601cdb16464087c6ec651ad76c.png

Season 2

Update to follow.

Edited by lfc7

Panetolikos Season 2 Update

Not as impressive in the league this season although that could be down to Europe (which I did exceedingly well in  slight improvement in the cup (I missed getting into the final due to a missed penalty IIRC). The finances weren't as decimated as I first thought because I completely forgot to take into account the incoming tv money. Very impressed with my transfer business  
1409662969_eos2tranfers.PNG.96245903db2e6fa0044673991b390bfe.PNG also, the players I brought in mostly all played very well eos 2 finance.PNG

eos 2 league.PNG

eos2 cup.PNG

eos2 europe.PNG

Edited by OugaBagga

m33ZybR.png

Panathinaikos FC | Competitions | Team | Transfers | Season 2022/23 (3rd Season)

Season Review:

Since I won the cup in the last season and thus completed the Stage 1 challenge, I searched for a new club with a higher reputation. Panathinaikos has conveniently sacked their manager at the end of the season, so I have applied for the open job. They offered me a contract and I have accepted it with open hands. I am managing the club I defeated with Panetolikos in the last cup final - what a coincidence.

We finished the season in 2nd place as Olympiakos was too strong to be dethroned already in this campaign. We had a good season, but too many draws have cost us being more close to them. Nevertheless, we outplayed them in the cup final with the goal in the 96' minute by Federico Macheda which saw us winning the Greek Cup for two consecutive seasons. We were also playing in the Europa Conference League but got eliminated by Atalanta already in the 4th qualification round.

The best player this season was veteran and former Man Utd wonderkid Federico Macheda. He was the leading spearhead in our attack and with him netting the 22 goals throughout the entire season he was also the team's top goalscorer. The best young player was his fellow partner in the attack Jess Henriksen. The free transfer has netted impressive 13 goals in his first senior season. The future is bright for this young lad.

auIjxgZ.png   TvTEVPg.png

Overview:

For the next season, we will need to add some more squad quality in order to be able to compete with strong Olympiakos. I'm really enjoying it at Panathinaikos and I would like to stay here for at least a couple of seasons more.

mEwQUC8.png

Edited by uroszila

2995.png.b729ef7b422acefc258152ab300fd134.png

Paços de Ferreira

Season 2

Hi so after completing the first part of the challenge in season 1 the Porto and Braga jobs both came up and i applied for both, but they went with more experienced managers so it was another season at Pacos. We got to the sixth round of the cup we won the season before and suffered an embarrassing exit to a team in the division below  :ackter:With us winning the Taca de Portugal in Season 1 we qualified for the Europa League Group Stages with our group containing Fenerbache, Villarreal and Ludogrets. we had some good wins (Beating Fenerbache 4-0 away, Villarreal 3-1 Home) but unfortunately never made it out of the group as we had 2 poor results v Ludogrets. We the went into the Europa Conference and beat Qarabag and Wolfsburg before A.Bilbao knocked us out us in the qtrs.

I could off left for Sporting in around late March but wanted to finish season with Pacos as we was still in Europe so agreed a deal to join at the end of the season. As fate had it we ended the season 3rd beating myself and my new employers to the Champions League :lol: 

i was happy with the 2 seasons at Pacos, but was really gutted to leave this club behind as i grew attached to them. We also signed Ronning in January on a free who has been a great keeper suggest you check him out. Below are also finances (more transfer profit) and my manager profile on around time i was leaving Pacos.

Spoiler

352806776_SR13.png.64a12df2bd60b7d9344e60433e735aff.png

Spoiler

921520053_SR3.png.2f458cb42ad21b00a4cff4d85217a5da.png

Spoiler

1427277991_SR11.png.1c5ac8e45f6b052cf2b0e29eef86b051.png

Spoiler

501631916_TransfersS2.png.ee385b17f2725f546b3870c831c0f8ca.png

Spoiler

1871157567_SportingOfferAccepted.png.d59c4ca946cd068464a3be17aee8acb7.png

Spoiler

411924809_SportingWelcome.png.30aaa9629a8587c806d350d028fd4f26.png

Spoiler

Manager Profile May 2022.png

Spoiler

Leaving Finances.png

Season 3

Update to follow

Edited by lfc7

Panetelikos Season 3 Update

I feel like I have stagnated slightly this season, only getting to the quarters of the cup, had a collapse in league form towards the end of the season which resulted in me losing the league which I was very much in the race for. My youngsters are developing very well though so hopefully they will kick on next season, had to bring in mainly Greek players this season as I was short for the registration rules for Europe but they have surprised me  

eos 3 cup.PNG

eos 3 europe.PNG

eos 3 league.PNG

eos 3 transfer.PNG

All weekend I've been starting saves, messing around with datebase and leagues loaded for a journeyman save and not hardly played because couldnt settle on anything.  This looks like something I could get my teeth into. 2 teams I was considering are in the leagues above . I just need to check media prediction if I can be them. Will post up tonight once I set up and decided who to start with.

1 hour ago, Safe Hands said:

Sorry last question, have you got to start in the leagues in the original post. There some 3 star European top leagues not included, Serbia, Croatia, Sweden, Norway and Israel which are all 3 stars.

No any 3 star leagues are fine, just posted what could get in a screen shot. Suppose if get sacked just get new job in league with same reputation

10 minutes ago, JarheadFM said:

No any 3 star leagues are fine, just posted what could get in a screen shot. Suppose if get sacked just get new job in league with same reputation

Thank you. Last question I promise.  Its bottom half below middle say 20 team league has to be 11th down. Reason I ask I had my eye on FC Groningen but they are slap in the middle 9th out of 18.