A few little questions I just have while playing, not big enough to make 1 single post about.

I always have a few little questions that are kind of: "I wonder how this works, oh well guess I'll never find out". So now I thought why not just go ahead and ask a few. 

1. What are the chances of getting an in-game son?

(like in percentages/intake) and how are these percentages effected?

2. What is the Hall of fame based on? 

The thing with the top-managers, what does it mean? Sometimes I get some random international manager on top, and some retired players who never even got a job. Also, top managers always take clubs in the leagues I am in, even though the club is way to low level for them. OGS was at Cambuur, Ancelotti at AZ, Allegri at Utrecht, etc. 

3. Do 23 year olds who still have ~2 stars of extra potential in them still have a chance to reach it?

4. Is there a chance of a player (regen) hitting a referee/other players? 

There is written something about in the rules, so it has to be in the game right? And how big is the chance of it happening in, let's say, ten seasons?

5. What happens when you get relegated in the vanorama north/south but you have the unsackable option on?

6. Can the owner of a club change and get you sacked?

7. Are regens based of retired players?

And is the amount of retired players each year the same as regenerated players?

Thanks in advance, you don't have to answer all of them ofcourse, but some would be nice to know. I understand if you can't tell some

• SI Staff

2 hours ago, casperzwaart100 said:

This unlocks according to specific achievements in game.

If you survive more than 10 years at the same club then it is likely you will get one (it unlocks after 10 complete seasons in charge of a club - but it might take a while for him to turn up, please be patient in real-life they take 9 months to appear ;) ).

2. What is the Hall of fame based on? 

The thing with the top-managers, what does it mean? Sometimes I get some random international manager on top, and some retired players who never even got a job. Also, top managers always take clubs in the leagues I am in, even though the club is way to low level for them. OGS was at Cambuur, Ancelotti at AZ, Allegri at Utrecht, etc. 

It's based on a host of things - by the sounds of it I might need to take another look at this as I've not really focussed on it in a few iterations (its now added to my 'to do list').

3. Do 23 year olds who still have ~2 stars of extra potential in them still have a chance to reach it

Yes, but it is likely to be a little more challenging for them - especially if they're not playing regularly.

Players will keep improving for quite a while after the 'young age' in the game, but those early years are when they'll learn the fastest (do also bear in mind that the optimal ages for players differs according to players, a goalkeeper aged 23 is more likely to improve than a striker aged 23, because keepers tend to break through later and it requires maturity to be a quality keeper).

4. Is there a chance of a player (regen) hitting a referee/other players? 

There is written something about in the rules, so it has to be in the game right? And how big is the chance of it happening in, let's say, ten seasons?

Yes, there are a lot of rare events in the game which most people will never see - for instance its entirely possible that there is an on-pitch brawl involving multiple players, however it's probably only 1 in 1000 FMM players who will ever see this.

5. What happens when you get relegated in the vanorama north/south but you have the unsackable option on?

At present I think you'll keep the job but only participate in the FA Cup until the club is back in the leagues - but its not something I've personally tested.

6. Can the owner of a club change and get you sacked?

At the moment in all honesty this doesn't happen - although some of the news items do imply this to make people nervous (sorry, I'm mean ;) ).

The same thing with a club going into receivership - they always recover eventually in the game, however it does cripple the club while they're in it and players will often want to leave.

7. Are regens based of retired players?

And is the amount of retired players each year the same as regenerated players?

Yes and no - the database uses the initial database as a guide for its balancing purposes, however 'regens' evolve and change when they are recreated so nationality, CA/PA, positions etc. can all change.

(so when someone says they've found the regen of Ronaldo - they might have done, they might not ... and even if they do it might be he only has average potential in that game now - this is intentional to keep things somewhat unpredictable)

4 hours ago, casperzwaart100 said:

Further to Marc's answer, unless it's changed, you also have to have a player play 10 years for you (and they have to play at least a game each season) and then retire.

When they retire, they will get a testimonial game and the next day your son arrives. I think it was still behaving this way for me last year, but didn't particularly pay attention.

• SI Staff
18 minutes ago, StephenCronin said:

Further to Marc's answer, unless it's changed, you also have to have a player play 10 years for you (and they have to play at least a game each season) and then retire.

When they retire, they will get a testimonial game and the next day your son arrives. I think it was still behaving this way for me last year, but didn't particularly pay attention.

+ 1 - thanks for clarifying (sorry I'm tired, been helping with fixing an issue on FMT since 7am this morning).