Playing B team players on main team

Greetings everyone!

I come up with a quick question. How do you play your B team players on the main team on ocassion?

I wanted to have a player available from the B team as backup due to injuries, yet when I select him for the match it says he can not be registered for it.

Shouldn't it be possible as long as he is registered with the B team? I thought you were supposed to be able to field players from your other squads within some restrictions. In fact I already had some first team players playing the odd match with the B team when they needed sharpness.

What is the proper way of doing this? Or do they have to be registered and then just made permanently available for B team except when you need them? Because if you register them with the first team and then move to the B one they seem not to be able to play there either.

I think it depends on what league you are in. I know there are some rules in Spain regarding 2nd teams and movement of players. Some leagues also have windows for when you can register players for the 1st team, and I guess in some leagues you cannot be registered to both the 1st team and the 2nd team. Perhaps you can unregister the player from the 2nd team and then try to register for the 1st team?

39 minutes ago, XaW said:

I think it depends on what league you are in. I know there are some rules in Spain regarding 2nd teams and movement of players. Some leagues also have windows for when you can register players for the 1st team, and I guess in some leagues you cannot be registered to both the 1st team and the 2nd team. Perhaps you can unregister the player from the 2nd team and then try to register for the 1st team?

Its the spanish league.

There was a window to register for the first team matching the transfer period that is now over. In theory the B team's league had that same period, but I didnt had any input on that. In fact I dont think I can even check it like the main team one in the squad tab.

During that period I could register a player to play one amtch due to the same situation, and then unregister him and let him play with the B team again. But seems no longer possible when its not inscription time.

I seem to be able to play a U-19 at any time though. I think thats because they dont need to be registered at all due to age.

Edited by Jervaj

I play in Spain too. The B team player has to be registered. You can do this if you take control of B team training, then the B team will appear on the side bar. Go to B Squad, registration and register the players for the B team. You can have 6 B team players in the match squad. The UI lacks any logic, I can't comprehend the reason behind their thinking. If I go to the development tab and click on the B or u19 team there are very few options. Lucky that someone figured this out.

10 hours ago, Vali184 said:

I play in Spain too. The B team player has to be registered. You can do this if you take control of B team training, then the B team will appear on the side bar. Go to B Squad, registration and register the players for the B team. You can have 6 B team players in the match squad. The UI lacks any logic, I can't comprehend the reason behind their thinking. If I go to the development tab and click on the B or u19 team there are very few options. Lucky that someone figured this out.

Would you mind putting up a SS of where you find this? Im failing to see it.

Also its weird that they are not registered as is even without my input. They are playing in their league after all, so they have to be registered there no? Its an actual playable league loaded up, not just simulated, so if they werent they could not play. In fact I already noticed that if I register them with main team and change their squad they cannot play there. They have to be unregistered in the main league or if they are just be made available while remaining in the main squad. 

In Spain you have to have the player on your Senior team and make him available for the B team, you can't do it the other way around.

That player will also have to be registered during the registration window to play with the Senior team and the B team in their respective registration windows.

Careful in what players you use for this as players that play 10 games with the Senior team can't be registered with the B team anymore.

Also players registered in the Senior team won't be able to participate during playoff time with the B team.

Edited by Sharkn20

2 hours ago, Jervaj said:

Would you mind putting up a SS of where you find this? Im failing to see it.

Also its weird that they are not registered as is even without my input. They are playing in their league after all, so they have to be registered there no? Its an actual playable league loaded up, not just simulated, so if they werent they could not play. In fact I already noticed that if I register them with main team and change their squad they cannot play there. They have to be unregistered in the main league or if they are just be made available while remaining in the main squad. 

Just go to staff responsibilities and take control of B team general training. The B team will appear on the left sidebar under the development icon. From there you're good to go. I had problems with unregistered players, now I always manually register them before the registration window close.

Hey guys!

I am having a similar issue. 

I want to move a player from the B team to the first team but If I don't select him to the first eleven or for the substituion spot, he will automatically be in the B team in the next day if I press "continue".

Did anyone already had this issue? I don't think it's related with registration in the team, because I am still in the pre-season and it becomes very annoying to be always clicking in the player and move them into the first team.

I'm playing in the portuguese league and just noticed that the players don't stay in the first team, even when select, they play but they always say B team. 

Thanks!

I just solved it but it's a strange solution. 

Solution:
If you move the player to the first team he won't change and he will remain in the B team after you press "continue" but if you move the player to the Under 23 and then to the first team everything will work fine, it's a really strange solution but it works (if anyone experiences the same issue).

Edited by Smaferas

3 hours ago, Vali184 said:

Just go to staff responsibilities and take control of B team general training. The B team will appear on the left sidebar under the development icon. From there you're good to go. I had problems with unregistered players, now I always manually register them before the registration window close.

Ah ok. I was looking for it in the squad tab like for the main team, but its his own dropdown.  Still feels quite weird. They had to be registered at some point didnt they? Because they are already playing in their league. And also that you need to take responsabilities to see this.

Also, the menus are for some reason different compared to other B teams. Like instead of following the main team or the U-19 the dropdowns are different and theres things you cant see properly, like lacking the standard staff UI. Also on the teams that have this kind of layout, you dont have incription tab. you can get to it indirectly though development center, but then it just shows the squad. So weird...

Thanks!

Edited by Jervaj

12 hours ago, Smaferas said:

Solution:

If you move the player to the first team he won't change and he will remain in the B team after you press "continue" but if you move the player to the Under 23 and then to the first team everything will work fine, it's a really strange solution but it works (if anyone experiences the same issue).

Yeah, in my Real Madrid save I had to move Rodrygo to the U19 and then to my main squad.

Otherwise he was still a B-Team player and kept moving back after continue.

I do think it's a bug though.