[FM21][MOD] Match Screens Mod

michaeltmurrayuk

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@Fletchdt If you are playing at 1920x1080 then you don't need to edit the file you can resize the panel in game by dragging the side of it to expand it. Though are you using full screen or windowed mode with a smaller window as from your screenshot it doesn't look like the game/OS is treating you as using full 1920x1080 so in that case your resolution likely falls into the middle values rather than the large values so you'll need to edit the middle section (for resolution 1360 - 1920) but play around with the values until they fit as you aren't using a standard resolution.

Thanks for the reply. The game is showing 1920x1080, I have checked windows settings also and its showing the same resolution 

res.png

On 22/12/2020 at 18:12, michaeltmurrayuk said:

How To Adjust The Size Of The Panels

Thanks to the split container code you can adjust the width and height of most of the panels in-game, however for a couple of items you may need to edit the xml files.

How to Increase the Width of the Touchline Tablet

Whilst the width of the Tablet can be adjusted in-game you may find at certain resolutions you aren't able to maximise the panels width this is due to the fact that the game will only read three default values so I wasn't able to maximise the width for all resolutions, thankfully modifying the width is fairly simple.

The file you need to edit is the match in between highlights panel xml file found in the panels\match folder for the mod.

In that file scroll down to near the bottom where you'll see code that looks like this:

<record>
<flags id="alignment" value="horizontal" />
<integer id="min_value" value="
1360" />
<integer id="max_value" value="1920" />
<symbol id="set_property" value="width" />
<integer id="true_value" value="
1010" />
<integer id="false_value" value="
1010" />
</record>

The min_value and max_value's tell the game if your screen width is within these two values to set the max. width of the tablet to the values contained on the true_valve/false_value lines (not sure what the different between true/false is for this panel so best to set both values to the same value).

So the above example tells the game if your screen width is between 1360 and 1920 pixels the max. width you can set the tablet to is 1010 pixels.

Around this code you'll notice two similar sets of code, above it is the code to set the tablet width when your resolution is below 1360 pixels and below it is the code to set the width when your resolution 1920 or above.

To adjust the width the safest thing to do is edit the values in the middle section - set the min_value ~10 pixels below your resolution, then on the lines above change the max_value to match the min_value you just set.

So for example if your resolution is 1680 pixels wide then for the midle section you'd set min_value of 1670 and in the top section you'd change the max_value to 1670 (so it runs from 0 to 1670).

Now we need to set the max. width of the tablet so what you need to do is take your screen width and deduct 350 from it - as we need to remove the width of the left side Notable Events Panel otherwise that panel won't show.

When you have calculate your max. width enter this value as the true/false value for the middle section of code, so if your resolution was 1680 then your max. width would be 1330.

So the above code should now look something like this:

<record>
<integer id="min_value" value="
1670" />
<integer id="max_value" value="1920" />
<integer id="true_value" value="
1330" />
<integer id="false_value" value="
1330" />
</record>

Now there is one last step you need to do, if you scroll to the top of the file you'll notice these three lines;

<integer id="TbWs" value="650"/>    <!-- 0 - 1360 -->
<integer id="TbWm" value="
1010"/>    <!-- 1360 - 1920 -->
<integer id="TbWl" value="1560"/>    <!-- 1920 up -->

These are the default widths of the Tablet, and you'll notice there are three values one that corresponds to each section of the previous code we looked at, in this case the one we are interested in is the middle one (TbWm) now change this value to match the true/false value we used before (in this case we'd want to change it to read 1330).

How To Edit the Width of the Notable Events Panel

The width of the Notable Events Panel (which is the panel that appears under the score on the left for the IBH panel) is also controlled by the match in between highlights panel xml file found in the panels\match folder for the mod.

To adjust the width first locate this section of code near the top of the file:

<!-- Notable Events, Match stats -->
<container width="
342">

And just adjust that value to change the width of the panel.

However once you have done that you'll also need to adjust the max and default width for the Touchline Tablet, to do that see the above instructions however in this case you need to deduct the extra width you have added to the notable events panel, so on the default lines at the top deduct the extra value you added from those three values and at the bottom of the file deduct that amount from the true/false values in all three sections (so if you increased the width by 100 deduct 100 from each of the values).

How To Adjust the Width of the Half-Time Review Panels

This screen is controlled by the match mid match review panel xml file found in the panels\match folder for the mod.

In that file locate this line near the top (line #15);

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,-1,-1" gap="1" offset="2"/>

Those three numbers in the layout bit control the width of the three panels, the first number is for the Left Panel (Split Containers), the second number is for the Middle Panel (Review) and the last number is for the Right Panel (Advice).

First if you don't understand how the layout code works negative numbers tell the game to split the space by a ratio - so by default they are all set to -1 which tells them all to use the same space (1/3 screen each) and if you set the first value to -2 then the Left Panel would take up half the space (2/4) and the other two panels would take a quarter each (1/4).

In addition you can also use a whole number and this will set the width in pixels, so if you changed the first number to 350 then the Left Panel would have a fixed width of 350 pixels and the other two panels would take up half of the remaining space each. If you changed the values to read "350,-2,-1" then the Left Panel would take up 350 pixels, the Middle panel would take up 2/3's of the remaining space and the Right Panel would take up 1/3.

If you want to hide a panel then you can set the value for that part to 1 and that will in practice hide the panel.

I have been experimenting with this for a while now, and I can never get this right. I have a Surface Laptop 3, with a display with resolution 2556x1504 resolution. I am using the defautl skin, but plan to change as soon I get this right. Copy/paste in to correct folder if I am not mistaken.

This is now my highlights panel file:

<integer id="TbWs" value="650"/>    <!-- 0 - 1360 -->
    <integer id="TbWm" value="2000"/>    <!-- 1360 - 1920 -->
    <integer id="TbWl" value="1560"/>    <!-- 1920 up -->

<attachment class="test_screen_size_attachment" skip_if_false="true">
                <list id="properties">
                    <record>
                        <integer id="min_value" value="0" />
                        <integer id="max_value" value="2550" />
                        <integer id="true_value" value="650" />
                        <integer id="false_value" value="650" />
                    </record>
                    <record>
                        <integer id="min_value" value="2550" />
                        <integer id="max_value" value="3000" />
                        <integer id="true_value" value="2000" />
                        <integer id="false_value" value="2000" />
                    </record>
                    <record>
                        <integer id="min_value" value="3000" />
                        <integer id="max_value" value="10000" />
                        <integer id="true_value" value="1560" />
                        <integer id="false_value" value="1560" />
                    </record>
                </list>
            </attachment>

What am I doing wrong? I want the panel to extend all the way over to nep panel.I cannot drag the panel more than this to the left. 

image.thumb.png.2243358ac589e1315ef089c32d3d634c.png

I love this mod!

One of the main things that I love about it, is that you can drag the height/width of all the individual panels for example latest scores, league table, player ratings, etc.

Slightly off topic but is it possible to have this functionality on the player profile page too so that you can adjust the height and width of pro/cons, training, form, etc, widgets/panels?

Wow, this gets harder and harder every year for a 40 something like me!  Firstly thank you michael, with out your mods the match screen is terrible.

Im similar to Beano (previous poster) and always like a retro match screen.

This is how far I have got after hours of trying. (see first screen shot)

I cannot seem to get rid of the gap in the panels, im playing FM Touch on a desktop in standard resolution. Can I either remove the far left panel completley and drag the overview panel across to the far left or find a way to remove the gap? (as I had in FMT 2020 see 2nd screen shot) This is what im trying for in FM2021 Touch but cannot seem to get it right.

Beano, did you manage to solve your issue? If you get chance, please could you explain how you got your retro match screen (ive tried importing FM2018 mod like you said but didnt work for me)

Untitled-1try.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

2 hours ago, Ricketts147 said:

Wow, this gets harder and harder every year for a 40 something like me!  Firstly thank you michael, with out your mods the match screen is terrible.

Im similar to Beano (previous poster) and always like a retro match screen.

This is how far I have got after hours of trying. (see first screen shot)

I cannot seem to get rid of the gap in the panels, im playing FM Touch on a desktop in standard resolution. Can I either remove the far left panel completley and drag the overview panel across to the far left or find a way to remove the gap? (as I had in FMT 2020 see 2nd screen shot) This is what im trying for in FM2021 Touch but cannot seem to get it right.

Beano, did you manage to solve your issue? If you get chance, please could you explain how you got your retro match screen (ive tried importing FM2018 mod like you said but didnt work for me)

Untitled-1try.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

Did you download the matchday backgrounds mod 18 that Michael created? (it was designed for FM18 but works on 19, 20 and 21 fine. Once you download that mod (client object browser.xml) replace your file in your skin and then edit it and remove the line 

<record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" value="hilp" skip_if_null="false"/> <!-- hide on pitch view -->

Honestly, I would have given up a long time ago with FM if it wasn't for the help of people one here. For some reason SI seem to make the game more cluttered and less aesthetically pleasing every year. The scoreboard is horrible this year and im still hoping for a scoreboard like previous versions were it went across the top of the screen all the way

On the left side the match stats bar (nep2) always jumps to Latest Event Updates when I want it to stay on Focus of Attacks or Shots.

edit, only one issue remaining:
"default_view" is adapted to the panels I want to have everywhere where I have these issues.
"dont_restore_selection" and "save_session_state" are both set to true everywhere where I have these issues.

For example in "match touchline tablet slot nep2.xml":

<!--in-between highlights summary panel-->
	<widget class="match_view_selector_panel" id="nep2" pause_match_on_menu_opening="false" default_item="foap" file="client_object/client object viewer selector match" colour="match accent" alignment="centre_x" navigation_container="true">
 	<boolean id="save_session_state" value="true" />
	<boolean id="save_default_state" value="true" />

Deleted cache and reloaded skin...still everytime the match between highlights panel closes (half-time, going to tactic view,...) and then re-opens, the nep2 is set back to "mgup" when it should be "foap".

For clarification....
I want it to stay like this:
fm_9UENJGuv6C.png

But it always switches back to this:
fm_rjFQhiZ4Hb.png

Edited by faldal
additional info

hace 23 horas, michaeltmurrayuk dijo:

@ucdark To change the amount of panels you just need to drag the dividers to the side/bottom to collapse the extra panels you don't want.

To change the team names and scores text colour you need to edit the match incidents small ibh xml file, locate the line that looks like this:

<widget class="text" id="mitn" col="1" row="0" height="80" font="fonts/title" />

And add a colour="XXX" bit to the line, for example if you just want it to use the standard text colour (white) add colour="text" like so;

<widget class="text" id="mitn" col="1" row="0" height="80" font="fonts/title" colour="text" />

If you want to recolour the score then also do the same change to this line in the file;

<widget class="text" id="mits" col="2" row="0" font="fonts/title">

If you want to do the same for the Match Overview panel then you need to edit the match incidents left ibh and match incidents right ibh xml files - and again locate the code for the team names, and scores and add the colour bit to the line.

Worked! thank you so much !!

It's  incredible there are still some geniuses like michaeltmurrayuk who are trying yearly to fix the "improvements". So let's say I'm still happy with SI as long as they won't be clonating Paradox's DLC spam and are still passionate people who care about polishing the game for the rest of us.

Although this is a must have for anyone who  cares about really playing the game, there are also some occasions like friendlies when everyone are just letting the assman do manager's job. So, if you also have instant game panels, this happens (at least with TCS skin which has the mod incorporated):

fm_2020-12-28_14-11-05.png.3535034febdf947ddf2ed1a9ab9f7f8e.png

Anyone else encountering a crash when trying to view a non-human teams match result? Trying to zero in on what is causing the issue, I am using the Rensie skin with no other tweaks (other than this mod ofc)

Just to add, I am also using the mods from Wells for scoreboard and coloured header/sidebar. But none of the xml files for this mod overwrote any in my existing match folder for rensie skin.

Deleting the match full time review panel has resolved the issue with the game force quitting/crashing but would rather it worked as intended as the default review screen is awful. Any ideas Michael?

Edited by Obaaa

On 24/12/2020 at 23:53, beanos36 said:

Thanks, I tried the other option you mentioned and I chose to rename the 70.png file to paper.png and paper@2x.png but when I cleared cache and reloaded the screen it changed the panel to this (screenshots included), thanks again

Screenshot 2020-12-24 at 22.48.56.png

Screenshot 2020-12-24 at 22.50.56.png

I am not a modder, so I find this difficult.....

What do I need to do, in plain English, to make my match screen look like this? I have downloaded the "Base 21 dark"

I have backgrounds for all stadiums in the game, and I'd like to have them show during the matches - like before by using split view etc.

1 hour ago, HaraldNatvik said:

I am not a modder, so I find this difficult.....

What do I need to do, in plain English, to make my match screen look like this? I have downloaded the "Base 21 dark"

I have backgrounds for all stadiums in the game, and I'd like to have them show during the matches - like before by using split view etc.

You need a skin that allows stadium pics in the background I believe. I use the OPZ 21 one. I love this one.

Download the FM 18 match day mod that Michael created. Once you download that mod (client object browser.xml) replace the client object browser.xml file in your skin and then edit it and remove this line 

<record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" value="hilp" skip_if_null="false"/> <!-- hide on pitch view -->

Once you have done that, load the game, clear cache and reload the skin. As long as you have a stadium pack downloaded and have put it in your graphics folder of FM21 you should see the stadium pics on match day in the background

Also if you want the panels to be more transparent then you will need to copy these two files and replace the ones you have in the following folder FM2021/skins/(your skin)/graphics/boxes/custom/match (create two folders and call one dugout and call the other timeline stats) then place the paper.png and paper.xml file in both folders, again reload skin in the game after that and you should have something that looks like the screenshot ive just added

Only thing I need to sort out is the scoreboard now as the home and away colours aren't correct and the size for me. Getting help with that though

Also if you want to increase/decrease transparency then you will need to use another paper.png that matches the transparency you like. Below is fine for me but it might not be to everyones taste as it may be a little too transparent

paper.png

Screenshot 2020-12-28 at 20.32.49.png

paper.xml

Edited by beanos36

For people who find the panels move themselves after HT and making a tactical change etc, I've found if you click the white box next to subs at the bottom of the screen that makes the panels see through on the highlights, the panels will stay where they are. It's not a fix by any means but it's an option.

5 hours ago, beanos36 said:

You need a skin that allows stadium pics in the background I believe. I use the OPZ 21 one. I love this one.

Download the FM 18 match day mod that Michael created. Once you download that mod (client object browser.xml) replace the client object browser.xml file in your skin and then edit it and remove this line 

Once you have done that, load the game, clear cache and reload the skin. As long as you have a stadium pack downloaded and have put it in your graphics folder of FM21 you should see the stadium pics on match day in the background

Also if you want the panels to be more transparent then you will need to copy these two files and replace the ones you have in the following folder FM2021/skins/(your skin)/graphics/boxes/custom/match (create two folders and call one dugout and call the other timeline stats) then place the paper.png and paper.xml file in both folders, again reload skin in the game after that and you should have something that looks like the screenshot ive just added

Only thing I need to sort out is the scoreboard now as the home and away colours aren't correct and the size for me. Getting help with that though

Also if you want to increase/decrease transparency then you will need to use another paper.png that matches the transparency you like. Below is fine for me but it might not be to everyones taste as it may be a little too transparent

paper.png

paper.xml 758 B · 0 downloads

Hey. I am currently trying to get background pictures to work on matchday also, and followed your advice. I downloaded the fm18 matchday client object browser and replaced the one for my skin (dark20). Although I now see the stadium picture on matchday unfortunately, like fm20, the actual pitch has disappeared. How have you managed to get a stadium pic on matchday (by the look of your screen shot during inbetween highlights) and then the match engine to kick back in? If you have. Many thanks.

Edit* Should also add I have tried this with OPZ 21 Elite too, with the same issue.

Edit2* I now realise that this is what happens and what is intended. Bah. Is there no way of having background images AND the ME in FM21? At least we had widgets and splitview in FM20 ...

Edited by Tyburn

40 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Hey. I am currently trying to get background pictures to work on matchday also, and followed your advice. I downloaded the fm18 matchday client object browser and replaced the one for my skin (dark20). Although I now see the stadium picture on matchday unfortunately, like fm20, the actual pitch has disappeared. How have you managed to get a stadium pic on matchday (by the look of your screen shot during inbetween highlights) and then the match engine to kick back in? If you have. Many thanks.

Edit* Should also add I have tried this with OPZ 21 Elite too, with the same issue.

Edit2* I now realise that this is what happens and what is intended. Bah. Is there no way of having background images AND the ME in FM21? At least we had widgets and splitview in FM20 ...

Not that im aware of unfortunately. I think split view was removed in FM17. Could be wrong but I haven't seen it since

7 minutes ago, beanos36 said:

Not that im aware of unfortunately. I think split view was removed in FM17. Could be wrong but I haven't seen it since

No worries. Splitview was definately in FM20. So were widgets. What was a pain to have in FM20 is now a nightmare in FM21.

3 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

No worries. Splitview was definately in FM20. So were widgets. What was a pain to have in FM20 is now a nightmare in FM21.

Yeah, it's strange how they remove stuff that makes the game so more aesthetically pleasing. Like I said on one of my early posts that if it wasn't for help on here I would have given up. Yeah FM2021 is updated and more going on but that comes with a cost of stripping stuff back like the scoreboard for example is abysmal 

1 minute ago, beanos36 said:

Yeah, it's strange how they remove stuff that makes the game so more aesthetically pleasing. Like I said on one of my early posts that if it wasn't for help on here I would have given up. Yeah FM2021 is updated and more going on but that comes with a cost of stripping stuff back like the scoreboard for example is abysmal 

It's also so much more immersive to be able to have a background stadium pic on matchday. I find the whole direction ridiculous. I think 2d's days are numbered...

9 hours ago, Obaaa said:

Anyone else encountering a crash when trying to view a non-human teams match result? Trying to zero in on what is causing the issue, I am using the Rensie skin with no other tweaks (other than this mod ofc)

Just to add, I am also using the mods from Wells for scoreboard and coloured header/sidebar. But none of the xml files for this mod overwrote any in my existing match folder for rensie skin.

Deleting the match full time review panel has resolved the issue with the game force quitting/crashing but would rather it worked as intended as the default review screen is awful. Any ideas Michael?

Yep, getting the same issue myself. I'm using the OPZ skin. When I go into another teams schedule and click on the result the game crashes. If I remove the match full time review panel I can now view the result. So the issue mustn't be skin related I would have thought as that is two different skins. Can anyone help with this?

@michaeltmurrayuk

Can I make a request or ask for advice on how to do this? If background pictures can not be shown on matchday without losing the ME would it be possible to have a panel option in this great mod that showed a background image? Of the stadium the game was being played at?

Edited by Tyburn

7 hours ago, Tyburn said:

@michaeltmurrayuk

Can I make a request or ask for advice on how to do this? If background pictures can not be shown on matchday without losing the ME would it be possible to have a panel option in this great mod that showed a background image? Of the stadium the game was being played at?

@michaelmurrayuk

Just to add one more voice to this request, having this as an option would be great if you’re able to advise how to do it

@ticcolo There are instructions on the first page on how to adjust the panel widths for the halt-time review screen.

@tool-nes You also need to change the values for the large size you need to increase them past the min. size you have declared otherwise it will still be limited to that width.

@faldal I've not had any problems with that panel resetting the view, though it's possible the game might not like the foap id used in the focus widget as it's also used within the visualizer so if you change the id part of the focus widget to foap2 and set that as default that might work.

@klaasjan I don't use the instant result mod, what does that screen look like when you use the instant result mod without the match mod? If that now also uses the FTR panel then you'd need to unfortunately pick which mod you want as you wont be able to use both.

@Barnetfan There are instructions on the first in the adjust kit/logo sizes post - comments in those files tell you how to remove the kits.

@Obaaa I haven't had it crash on those screens, though it does seem to fail to load the data sometimes not sure what is causing the issue but it also happened a few times on the base skin so might be a game issue. (Though I'll see if I can do anything to reduce it happening).

For stadium/matchday backgrounds I don't use them so unlikely to add a panel, though I think other skins have in the past so you can look at one of them and see if you can transfer the code over, however discussion on getting stadium images or background support is best made in their own threads as not really part of the mod.

3 horas atrás, Tyburn disse:

Thanks for replying. I am going to start a new thread.

Hey,

Please let me know which thread. I have already left a new thread on the suggestions for future FM versions. Also, during the beta testing, reported the removal of the split view as a glitch in the UI feedback thread. Unfortunetly never had a response.

I don't quite understand why such a simple feature as the split view has been removed.

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Crb1986 said:

Hey,

Please let me know which thread. I have already left a new thread on the suggestions for future FM versions. Also, during the beta testing, reported the removal of the split view as a glitch in the UI feedback thread. Unfortunetly never had a response.

I don't quite understand why such a simple feature as the split view has been removed.

Thank you.

This is the thread I’ve started. Having tried in vain to get a background picture showing AND the ME (other than commentary only) my next thought was to add a stadium picture to an in between highlights panel. I am hopeful it can be achieved, but at a very early stage of looking into it. As in the linked thread, any help much appreciated. 

Most skins seem to have a stadium picture panel on the Home Screen. My thought is that that code could be applied to a panel on the in between highlights panels on matchday.

5 minutos atrás, Tyburn disse:

This is the thread I’ve started. Having tried in vain to get a background picture showing AND the ME (other than commentary only) my next thought was to add a stadium picture to an in between highlights panel. I am hopeful it can be achieved, but at a very early stage of looking into it. As in the linked thread, any help much appreciated. 

Most skins seem to have a stadium picture panel on the Home Screen. My thought is that that code could be applied to a panel on the in between highlights panels on matchday.

Yes, at least having one of those two options. Not having that background picture really kills all the imersion from the game :(

4 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@Obaaa I haven't had it crash on those screens, though it does seem to fail to load the data sometimes not sure what is causing the issue but it also happened a few times on the base skin so might be a game issue. (Though I'll see if I can do anything to reduce it happening).

Yeah I have gone to the extent of removing all other graphics/panels and just using your files with the base skin and same issue -> go to a different clubs schedule and click on result, game crashes. Very strange but hope you can find a workaround so I can enjoy your post-match screen.

8 minutes ago, Obaaa said:

Yeah I have gone to the extent of removing all other graphics/panels and just using your files with the base skin and same issue -> go to a different clubs schedule and click on result, game crashes. Very strange but hope you can find a workaround so I can enjoy your post-match screen.

Yep, really hope something can be done. Love looking at the post match screen for other teams to get an idea how they got on in that match. Thanks@michaeltmurrayuk

On 28/12/2020 at 21:44, beanos36 said:

paper.png

paper.xml 758 B · 1 download

Ok, so I downloaded the skin you mentioned, and i replaced the "client object" file. I now get beautiful background during the match, but I don't get any 3D goals? No highlights, only commentary?

2 hours ago, BamBamBam said:

Is there a way to keep the panels the way you set them out? 

When i reload it seems to reset to the original sizes.... 

The panels should remember their status if they aren't;

If the Home Page panels are resetting themselves this is an option you can change in the preferences menu found under Advanced -> Interface -> Untick Automatically Override Custom Panels?

The Match panels shouldn't be resetting size or selector - outside of the shot map one as that is a game issue (default ones follow H/A instead of Human/AI).

For people having problems with resetting panels;

- What Resolution are you using?

- Which Panels have the problem (Notable Events, Tablet, Half-Time, Full-Time, Post-Match?)

- Which view within the selector panel is causing the problem as it may ben an issue with the view (e.g. had to remove the your side shot map panel as that one was resetting to another panel, similar if you have the table panel selected and go from a league match to cup and back the game may reset that view due to it not being selectable for a cup but it won't always switch back correctly).

3 horas atrás, HaraldNatvik disse:

Ok, so I downloaded the skin you mentioned, and i replaced the "client object" file. I now get beautiful background during the match, but I don't get any 3D goals? No highlights, only commentary?

Yes, that is correct. A new thread has been started to check if we can get this working.

52 minutes ago, Sebastian78 said:

Great Work! I have a Problem in the Match Screen, instead of there being a logo and a kit there are two kits, would you know of this problem and is there a way to fix it?

fehler.PNG

The skin maker will have changed something in their files to switch the logos out for kits, - Most likely they'll be a match team logo picture xml file in the panels\match folder for the skin deleting that should fix the logos. If that doesn't work you'd be best checking with the skin maker to see what they changed.

3 hours ago, Crb1986 said:

Yes, that is correct. A new thread has been started to check if we can get this working.

I have updated this thread. Unfortunately full screen backgrounds, it seems, only work with commentary only. I have adapted the matchday mod by Michael to show a background picture in one of the panels (similar to a few skins out there). That's about the best we can get I think ... if you wanted a ME.

Edited by Tyburn