[FM21][MOD] Match Screens Mod

michaeltmurrayuk

Wonderful work @michaeltmurrayuk. I can't thank you enough. Quick question.  I love the way that if manually opened the entire panel will become highly transparent during a highlight where the ball would be underneath the panel, but is there the option to change the transparency percentage when this happens? Ideally I'd like it to be a bit less transparent so I can see all the panels more clearly when it is overlaying a highlight, as I can always minimise it if needed.

Thanks.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much @michaeltmurrayuk. In my opinion FM21 match UI is the worst ever, and after 70hours i can not get used to it. With your panels is better and more friendly for gamer.

But I have few questions.

1. During match when i switch to my "tablet", statistics are "invisible" (screenshot 1). How can I change it?

2. When I change view of statistic for my own (like on the screenshot 2), in next match view will restore to default. Is it any chance to change it?

3. How can I watch replay during match? Is it possible with your panels? For example it's 60min. and I want go back and watch replay from 20min. Right now it is only possible to watch goal replay.

I know SI changed it (idk why?! To be honest idk why they destroy whole UI also?!), but is there any possibility to restore watching replay of any moment of match?

fm1.jpg

fm2.jpg

Edited by arturss1

@ticcolo Overview Names/Score are controlled by match incidents small ibh locate this code;

<record index="1" size="18" alignment="left,centre_y" />
<record index="2" alignment="right,centre_y" size="18" />

And change the size values to suit should resize the name/scores.

@FMStag @arturss1 Transparency is controlled by the game and not something that can be user altered (outside of re-writing the panels).

For panel views the game should be remembering what you have set, if it isn't then I need to know on which screen (tablet, htr, ftr, pmr) and what views it is affecting (formation, advice panel etc).

For replays not really the patch added back the timeline to the post-match screen so if I get chance I might look at moving it if possible (but won't be any time soon) otherwise clicking the events in the visualiser, feedback or shots panels should take you to a highlight of those events.

For the people suffering crashes on the Post-Match Review screen, still cannot replicate the crash here (can get the missing data but not the crashes).

So could do with some more info to narrow down the issue;

- What OS you are running, is it a Steam or Epic copy, Full Mode or Touch.

- How long ago was the AI match you tried to check.

- Was it in the same comp as you play.

- What panels have you selected on the pmr screen (screenshot will do).

Also if you check your C:\Users\<USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\Logs\ folder you should see some text files - if you have a crash or error text file can you check it (or upload it to the forum) to see if it logs what the issue was.

I have to correct myself, it was not the "feed" view/widget:

So in the nep2 panel, no matter what I choose there, it will always go back to "mgup" aka "match_goal_update_panel".
default_item is "prmC" but it does not really matter what I set there, I tried several other widgets, it will always go back to "mgup".

I have searched through all files with notepad++ for the keyword mgup to see if it might have been set somewhere else but there is basically nothing that would interfere.
mgup is not being mentioned in any other file than these listed in the screenshot.
notepad++_HJa4Rl2PQs.png

match touchline tablet slot nep2.xml

3 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@ticcolo Overview Names/Score are controlled by match incidents small ibh locate this code;

<record index="1" size="18" alignment="left,centre_y" />
<record index="2" alignment="right,centre_y" size="18" />

And change the size values to suit should resize the name/scores.

@FMStag @arturss1 Transparency is controlled by the game and not something that can be user altered (outside of re-writing the panels).

For panel views the game should be remembering what you have set, if it isn't then I need to know on which screen (tablet, htr, ftr, pmr) and what views it is affecting (formation, advice panel etc).

For replays not really the patch added back the timeline to the post-match screen so if I get chance I might look at moving it if possible (but won't be any time soon) otherwise clicking the events in the visualiser, feedback or shots panels should take you to a highlight of those events.

Aprreciate your answer. I guess you are somehow connected with SI. Am I an only person complaining on match UI?

Is there any plan to change it with next patch? I am playing series from CM 03/04 and this UI is worst ever. Really, it looks like a bad joke.

Without yours panel is terrible and for me (I guess not only for me) match UI is really important.

4 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

For the people suffering crashes on the Post-Match Review screen, still cannot replicate the crash here (can get the missing data but not the crashes).

Also if you check your C:\Users\<USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\Logs\ folder you should see some text files - if you have a crash or error text file can you check it (or upload it to the forum) to see if it logs what the issue was.

Hi mate, info as follows

macOS Big Sur running it officially through Steam. Full mode

3 days ago, only just started the season with Sheff Wed. Checked Liverpool's last friendly which they won 4-1 and as soon as I click the score in Liverpool's schedule the game crashes

Was a friendly game (start of pre-season friendlies for any club)

Included a screenshot of the crash

On my Mac I have a crash dump folder as well as logs, do you want me to zip up and send all the crash dump files?

Thanks

Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 18.01.33.png

I have noticed that when I select Body Language on either the Body Language or Team Stats panel it defaults back to 'Basic Info' at random points in the match. It doesnt stick to Body Language.

Does anyone know a fix or how to make Body Language default for on of the panels?

Thanks

@michaeltmurrayuk Even with default skin it is still the same, having the panels folder directly extracted into the "...\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021" folder.
What I noticed though is that no matter if I clear the cache or even use reset -> all, the positions/settings of the widgets/panels are still saved/the same as before. So my question would be where these things actually are getting saved/cached?

@NCFCRossky I had the same issue for the team stats panel.
In "match team stats full top.xml" and "match team stats full bottom.xml" at line 30, I set the value for "default_view" to "moti".

<flags id="default_view" value="moti" />

Then clear cache, reload skin and upon the NEXT match, it started working for me.

Edited by faldal

2 minutes ago, faldal said:

@michaeltmurrayuk Even with default skin it is still the same.
What I noticed though is that no matter if I clear the cache or even use reset -> all, the positions/settings of the widgets/panels are still saved/the same as before. So my question would be where these things actually are getting saved/cached?

@NCFCRossky I had the same issue for the team stats panel.
In "match team stats full top.xml" and "match team stats full bottom.xml" at line 30, I set the value for "default_view" to "moti".

<flags id="default_view" value="moti" />

Then clear cache, reload skin and upon the NEXT match, it started working for me.

Nice one I will give that a try :thup:

@beanos36 I don't need the crash dump files as I cannot do anything with them (but still worth using the in-game crash report option in case it's something SI can fix). Have you tried using the mod with the default skin to see if it still crashes, and does it crash if you select a league match from a team in your league (it's possible its trying to load up the details of a non-full detail match and throwing an error when it doesn't find them instead of just not loading the data like in previous versions).

@faldal Really not sure what is happening to you then - the game stores the state of the files in the C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\Preferences\version 4\ folder for the IBH panel it's state-fm-Pitch-match_console_panel - so you can try deleting that file in case it has somehow become corrupt. (If deleting the preferences folder export any custom views you have made first as they are also stored there).

The other option would be to remove the updates widget from the nep2 file, though that might just make it default to something else.

@NCFCRossky The player rating submenus not sticking is on my list of things to look at, (though it's more a game issue as the sub-view doesn't stick with the default files) in the meantime you can edit the xml file to change the default option and you can use the instructions in the file to customize what columns you want showing.

@michaeltmurrayuk I could not find anything in the "state-fm-Pitch-match_console_panel", the file did not even get re-created after deleting and re-loading the game. Funny enough, all panel states were still the same/were still saved. :D
However, removing the widget from the nep2 file actually worked, it instantly set itself to what I set as default_item. Since I don't intent to use mgup in the nep2, this is good enough for me. 

56 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@beanos36 I don't need the crash dump files as I cannot do anything with them (but still worth using the in-game crash report option in case it's something SI can fix). Have you tried using the mod with the default skin to see if it still crashes, and does it crash if you select a league match from a team in your league (it's possible its trying to load up the details of a non-full detail match and throwing an error when it doesn't find them instead of just not loading the data like in previous versions).

@faldal Really not sure what is happening to you then - the game stores the state of the files in the C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\Preferences\version 4\ folder for the IBH panel it's state-fm-Pitch-match_console_panel - so you can try deleting that file in case it has somehow become corrupt. (If deleting the preferences folder export any custom views you have made first as they are also stored there).

The other option would be to remove the updates widget from the nep2 file, though that might just make it default to something else.

@NCFCRossky The player rating submenus not sticking is on my list of things to look at, (though it's more a game issue as the sub-view doesn't stick with the default files) in the meantime you can edit the xml file to change the default option and you can use the instructions in the file to customize what columns you want showing.

Hi Michael

Just tried copying the mod files to the default skin and it crashes on that as well when I click the result of a game. I also copied the mod across to other skins and it crashes on them as well. If I don't place the modded files in the skin then the game doesnt crash if I click on the post match game.

Thanks

13 hours ago, beanos36 said:

Hi Michael

Just tried copying the mod files to the default skin and it crashes on that as well when I click the result of a game. I also copied the mod across to other skins and it crashes on them as well. If I don't place the modded files in the skin then the game doesnt crash if I click on the post match game.

Thanks

Same for me. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it after testing multiple skins.

I am also on Mac OS Big Sur so maybe this is the problem, but I wouldn't have thought the operating system would be an issue?

@michaeltmurrayuk Hi, looks like it must be something to do with early friendlies. Doesnt crash anymore since the proper leagues began (match full time review). Does anyone know how to highlight the back button though on the top left so I can see it (highlighted it on the picture) also im confused to what the black box is for next to the away team (also highlighted). Could be something to do with the skin, not 100%. Both issues are on the match full times review section

Thanks 

Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 03.34.00.png

47 minutes ago, beanos36 said:

@michaeltmurrayuk Hi, looks like it must be something to do with early friendlies. Doesnt crash anymore since the proper leagues began (match full time review). Does anyone know how to highlight the back button though on the top left so I can see it (highlighted it on the picture) also im confused to what the black box is for next to the away team (also highlighted). Could be something to do with the skin, not 100%. Both issues are on the match full times review section

Thanks 

@michaeltmurrayuk Spoke too soon. The match full time review panel works fine if it's the same league as the one i'm in. I checked on a league one result on the same day and the game instantly crashes. Thing is I love this full time review panel, hoping there can be a fix for it. Weird how it works in the same league but not other leagues

Edited by beanos36

I have a Large Curved Screen 35"  I've had a go at stretching the Panel but back in game it only goes to about half way after pulling it out to its Max,

Has anyone with large screen and running 3440x1440 got it to go all the way across, If so could you share the settings you have used 

match.jpg

Edited by Pedrochapps

Massive thanks to @michaeltmurrayuk for this mod, it is brilliant.

The default match screen in my opinion was terrible.  Also a big thank-you to beanos36 in sharing your matchday transparency file.

Without this community I would have had no idea how to create the match day screen I have now been able to.

So once again, many, many thanks.

FINALSKIN.jpg

On 24/12/2020 at 18:26, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If the Home Page panels are resetting themselves this is an option you can change in the preferences menu found under Advanced -> Interface -> Untick Automatically Override Custom Panels?

The Match panels shouldn't be resetting size or selector - outside of the shot map one as that is a game issue (default ones follow H/A instead of Human/AI).

For people having problems with resetting panels;

- What Resolution are you using?

- Which Panels have the problem (Notable Events, Tablet, Half-Time, Full-Time, Post-Match?)

- Which view within the selector panel is causing the problem as it may ben an issue with the view (e.g. had to remove the your side shot map panel as that one was resetting to another panel, similar if you have the table panel selected and go from a league match to cup and back the game may reset that view due to it not being selectable for a cup but it won't always switch back correctly).

Hi Michael.

Firstly, thank you for this amazing piece of work. I’m so glad to be rid of the annoying dugout panel!

I’m finding the panels are resetting themselves though.

My resolution is 1280 x 1024 and initially the tablet wasn’t filling the screen. I followed the instructions in the 3rd post and changed the settings (width 930) and it worked. When I started a match I was able to stretch the tablet out so that it was next to the notable events one without any gaps. I’ve  reduced the tablet to just 4 panels - home / away body language in the left two and away shots / away formation in the right two.

When the game returns to this screen after a highlight, it has shrunk back to the original width. I can still drag it back wider though.

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, macca7292 said:

Hi Michael.

Firstly, thank you for this amazing piece of work. I’m so glad to be rid of the annoying dugout panel!

I’m finding the panels are resetting themselves though.

My resolution is 1280 x 1024 and initially the tablet wasn’t filling the screen. I followed the instructions in the 3rd post and changed the settings (width 930) and it worked. When I started a match I was able to stretch the tablet out so that it was next to the notable events one without any gaps. I’ve  reduced the tablet to just 4 panels - home / away body language in the left two and away shots / away formation in the right two.

When the game returns to this screen after a highlight, it has shrunk back to the original width. I can still drag it back wider though.

Thanks!

Is your use game caching box ticked in preferences/interface?

9 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Try ticking it.

Thanks for the suggestion, although it didn't make any difference.

I've figured it out though - I needed to change another code at the top of the match in between highlights panel.xml :

<!-- these are defaults tablet sizes-->
    <integer id="TbWs" value="930"/>    <!-- 0 - 1360 -->
    <integer id="TbWm" value="930"/>    <!-- 1360 - 1920 -->
    <integer id="TbWl" value="1560"/>    <!-- 1920 up -->

Because my resolution is below 1360 I needed to change the TbWs value to 930.

Works now!

is it possible to make the milestones box resizable ?  currently it is fixed to default height of 150 (match analysis panel ftr.xml line 108) and there is a lot of wasted space in the end match review  (res 1920x1080 zoom 85%)
image.png.7a66eb0d063e8a500d921e5207b012b1.png

On 31/12/2020 at 13:31, michaeltmurrayuk said:

In regards to this reply from Michael, I submitted the issue directly to SI using the form and they came back with the following. Delete you cache and preferences folder from the game directory itself and then it will reload new ones. You will need to go over your preferences again (won't affect the way you have your skin). This will fix the crash when clicking on the post match review screen. Brilliant! This is the link on how to find and delete/move the folders. @Obaaa 

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015199257-How-to-remove-my-Preferences-and-or-Caches-Folder#text

Fantastic job! Just two ideas to improve this MOD.

The player marked in the screenshot is a defensive midfielder (Marko Djira) and is above the defenders. Just like my left midfielder (Francisco Moura) is positioned after the striker (Alex Mighten). It looks visually awkward.

Another suggestion is that the substitute player take the place of the previous player like FM20.

By the way, my video resolution is 1366x768 and I'm taking punches to set it up in a way that fits. Could you help me, please?

2.jpg.3b43a68cfeb0c9e7cf433d10a90fd387.jpg

4 hours ago, maxy said:

Fantastic job! Just two ideas to improve this MOD.

The player marked in the screenshot is a defensive midfielder (Marko Djira) and is above the defenders. Just like my left midfielder (Francisco Moura) is positioned after the striker (Alex Mighten). It looks visually awkward.

Another suggestion is that the substitute player take the place of the previous player like FM20.

By the way, my video resolution is 1366x768 and I'm taking punches to set it up in a way that fits. Could you help me, please?

Clear cache, delete the preferences folder, restart the game etc. It helped me to not have players sorted wrongly.

On 02/01/2021 at 03:41, beanos36 said:

Thanks 

It sounds like the game doesn't like it when it tries to load up data that is only present from full-detail matches - normally it should just either load up a blank panel or just not allow that panel to be selectable (for example here on Windows if a select a match from another comp I cannot select the report option if the game doesn't allow the viewing of highlights).

Let me know if it is still crashing after wiping your cache/preferences files, as unfortunately the only way to fix it if it still happens would be to offer an alternative file that strips out the panels that require a full-details match.

For the header that will be an issue with the skin you are using as the mod doesn't touch that file, so you'd need to check with the skin maker.

19 hours ago, HaraldNatvik said:

When using this mod + the FM18 mod, how to make the upper panel work.....? It's like that everywhere.

It fills too much of the window. When you click on a club with white colors, you can't read the information on top....

bilde.thumb.png.e9b5791281583dd54fe9ef97d9a1750b.png

bilde.png

No one?....

@Pedrochapps @Rivanov Instructions for both your issues are on the opening page.

@HaraldNatvik You cannot just use the FM18 file you need to use that as a guide for how to alter the FM21 files, as that has nothing to do with this mod issues with it are best directed to the match backgrounds thread.

@kertiek You should just need to adjust the default height of the milestones container to increase it's height.

@maxy Default order of the players is set by the game. (Loading up a preset tactic of the same shape and recreating your tactic can reorder them, but the game will move them around again as you change tactics). To put the subbed players on the pitch you just need to edit the match both team stats ibh file - at the bottom you just need to change the file path from match/match team stats full bottom to match/match team stats full top - for both the Home and Away sections and that will use the subs on top option (I think that will also sort out the order as it then always sorts by POS).

Just now, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@HaraldNatvik You cannot just use the FM18 file you need to use that as a guide for how to alter the FM21 files, as that has nothing to do with this mod issues with it are best directed to the match backgrounds thread.

I was told to use the Fm18 file by another member. How am I supposed to alter it? I am no modder, I just want backgrounds to show up during the match, even if that means that there's no 3D ME

17 hours ago, beanos36 said:

In regards to this reply from Michael, I submitted the issue directly to SI using the form and they came back with the following. Delete you cache and preferences folder from the game directory itself and then it will reload new ones. You will need to go over your preferences again (won't affect the way you have your skin). This will fix the crash when clicking on the post match review screen. Brilliant! This is the link on how to find and delete/move the folders. @Obaaa 

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015199257-How-to-remove-my-Preferences-and-or-Caches-Folder#text

Did this work for you mate? I have just tried it and still encountering a crash.

On 02/01/2021 at 04:41, beanos36 said:

Thanks 

How to get my match screen to look like this....?

2 hours ago, Obaaa said:

Did this work for you mate? I have just tried it and still encountering a crash.

Doesn’t seem to do it for me now since I removed the cache and preferences folder. The background pic no longer appears on the full time result screen but I’ll take that over it crashing

6 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It sounds like the game doesn't like it when it tries to load up data that is only present from full-detail matches - normally it should just either load up a blank panel or just not allow that panel to be selectable (for example here on Windows if a select a match from another comp I cannot select the report option if the game doesn't allow the viewing of highlights).

Let me know if it is still crashing after wiping your cache/preferences files, as unfortunately the only way to fix it if it still happens would be to offer an alternative file that strips out the panels that require a full-details match.

For the header that will be an issue with the skin you are using as the mod doesn't touch that file, so you'd need to check with the skin maker.

Thanks. So far so good since I removed the folders. Clicked on other leagues around the world and I can click on their result so I’ll keep my eye on it but thanks again 

44 minutes ago, beanos36 said:

Doesn’t seem to do it for me now since I removed the cache and preferences folder. The background pic no longer appears on the full time result screen but I’ll take that over it crashing

Very strange. Are the other leagues you are doing it for set to process matches in full detail?

I checked a non full-detail Ligue 1 match with the default skin and it was fine. I then changed to my skin with Michael's mod and that same match was fine (presumably because the information was previously loaded) but when clicking another game in the same league it crashed again.

At a loose end with it now.

47 minutes ago, Obaaa said:

Very strange. Are the other leagues you are doing it for set to process matches in full detail?

I checked a non full-detail Ligue 1 match with the default skin and it was fine. I then changed to my skin with Michael's mod and that same match was fine (presumably because the information was previously loaded) but when clicking another game in the same league it crashed again.

At a loose end with it now.

I'll test it again. I tried about a dozen results outside my league last night. Italian league, conference, etc. I also noticed that before I removed these two folders then if I exited a cup competition I could not longer view the results of that cup competition going forward as it would crash. It is a very strange bug though. The other leagues are set to process match details in full

just tried about 6 results from different leagues around Europe and still seems to be fine except the background pic showed before when it randomly crashed and now it doesnt. So im Sheff Wed in the championship. I've just clicked on the result from the Rennes v Bordeaux game (before it would instantly crash) now it loads like this

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 22.42.27.png

13 hours ago, keysi said:

Clear cache, delete the preferences folder, restart the game etc. It helped me to not have players sorted wrongly.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@maxy Default order of the players is set by the game. (Loading up a preset tactic of the same shape and recreating your tactic can reorder them, but the game will move them around again as you change tactics). To put the subbed players on the pitch you just need to edit the match both team stats ibh file - at the bottom you just need to change the file path from match/match team stats full bottom to match/match team stats full top - for both the Home and Away sections and that will use the subs on top option (I think that will also sort out the order as it then always sorts by POS).

It worked perfectly. Thank you.

Just another question... I want to set as default the second option selected. How can I configure, please?

123.jpg.ef883d61e3983d1c89471b6695711669.jpg

@Obaaabut in the same league it works and you can also see the background pic. So to sum it up. It seems to work now for me. Same league it will work and show the background pic for the full time result, outside of my league or cup it will work but not show the background pic. Not sure if @michaeltmurrayuk would know why that is? Unless it just isn't possible 392708277_Screenshot2021-01-04at22_59_40.thumb.png.3c0268eb10fbe92574c1d982c2d5430f.png

@maxy To change the default option (as unfortunately at the moment the view will reset in game) you need to edit the match team stats full top xml file you are now using in that file locate this bit of code:

<flags id="default_view" value="msvw" />

And you need to change the value bit to point to the id of the view you want, so if it's the second option (General Info) you want to be default change it to read:

<flags id="default_view" value="gnIn" />

For other views the ids are listed in the file and are the line above the translation line for each view.

@beanos36 No idea what's up with the backgrounds, though I think previous versions have had a similar issue of them not always appearing for non-full detail matches. (Background images have never been an officially supported feature, and I think they still use the original code from the CM series so that code is likely struggling with the various changes made to the match screens over the years).

@Obaaa Can you post up a screenshot of what panels you have selected on the FTR in case it's one of them causing the issue.

43 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@maxy To change the default option (as unfortunately at the moment the view will reset in game) you need to edit the match team stats full top xml file you are now using in that file locate this bit of code:

And you need to change the value bit to point to the id of the view you want, so if it's the second option (General Info) you want to be default change it to read:

For other views the ids are listed in the file and are the line above the translation line for each view.

@beanos36 No idea what's up with the backgrounds, though I think previous versions have had a similar issue of them not always appearing for non-full detail matches. (Background images have never been an officially supported feature, and I think they still use the original code from the CM series so that code is likely struggling with the various changes made to the match screens over the years).

@Obaaa Can you post up a screenshot of what panels you have selected on the FTR in case it's one of them causing the issue.

You're probably right. In the early CM days it will always load up and show the background pics on the full time result just like match day but in recent years it seems to need more and more tweaking to the point when it doesn't seem to do it anymore. Got it looking really good though now, thanks for all your help. I'm gonna try the odds reply you posted shortly as well. Least it isn't crashing anymore on the post match full time result screen

44 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Done. A big thank you!

10 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Hi Michael thanks for looking into.

Screenshot of match in league with full detail level selected:

1850987040_Screenshot2021-01-05at10_19_50.thumb.png.cacf129730ba4616f1c3104014214758.png

Then I loaded the default skin for Monaco - Bordeaux which obviously worked fine, re-loaded my skin with your mod and the below worked fine.739865949_Screenshot2021-01-05at10_22_33.thumb.png.3bfcd2b69dfc2e1bccd13291fd8640d2.pngMona

But then if I click the below fixture for Lorient-Rennes on the modded skin it causes the crash.

1145884222_Screenshot2021-01-05at10_22_50.png.718e60478459d832116c225aa6cb30fd.png

And to be clear, Ligue 1 is not loaded with full detailed match processing which seems to be part of the issue.

Edited by Obaaa