FM20 vs FM21

I will start by saying that I have all FM games since 2013 

https://i.imgur.com/Ng0BrP2.png

Every year I hear for "improved match engine" and other stuff but every year it feels the same to me :(

how is it this year so far? If I play FM20 with a transfer update compared to FM21 what am I missing?

Thanks

Why don't download the demo and take a look yourself? You will get all kinds of answers from others, so I'd advise you to try it for yourself and then make a decision based on that.

14 minutes ago, Ampalaea4 said:

oh didnt cross my mind at all. Thanks for point it out. Although I still like to hear some opinions, I always check user ratings and reviews.

Well, I like it a lot, and I think it's a clear improvement on FM20. I have some issues with some UI choices, but I'm getting more used to it after playing the game for a while. I think FM21 is a bit easier than FM20, but it could be down to my tactical choices, though I've mostly used the same base tactic since FM17 with only small variations from version to version.

I should also note FM21 is much faster than FM20. And I mean MUCH faster. Loading times, saving times, processing, just response from the game is a whole other thing.

So a few UI issues aside, I don't have many complaints other than a few bugs that SI are still working on.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

I should also note FM21 is much faster than FM20. And I mean MUCH faster.

thats very good indeed! To be honest what troubles me most is those "super tactics" that make no sense in theory yet dominate the scores. Sure I am not using them myself, but only that exists give me the sense that match engine is flawed and that my efforts to make a realistic tactic is useless. Hope FM21 is better at that cause FM20 had its issues.

2 minutes ago, Ampalaea4 said:

that my efforts to make a realistic tactic is useless

Seen lots of people in here saying that it is much easier to see your tactics coming to life in FM21 and I would agree with that. Because the match engine is so much better and varied compared to FM20, the differences in tactics that can be effectively employed increases the realism factor. Gegenpress is still a bit overpowered, but conditioning seems to have been improved so that pressing players get tired and fatigued quicker if you use such tactics. Still not 100% though. 

Haven't played FM21 much yet but the ME is improved. Not that it was difficult because FM20 was really bad in terms of diversity. 

The game also works faster but FM20 was a much more polished game. I'm talking about those niggling sometimes petty bugs that on the whole impact the game experience. As a result I play one match in FM21 get tired of so much clicking and reading that I log off after it. 

Things like clicking the player, returning to squad view but having to wait a couple seconds so i can click another player. Or something totally different like a 4th division ( 41y old) player who is an ultra for a big club irl rejecting a transfer for said club in the game because he signed a new deal recently.. and overall dumber AI makes FM21 a very much work in progress. 

I wish they didn't work on anything new for FM22 and just fixed the small things of FM21. 

There are ofcourse cons and pros like in every version.

So the things I really dislike in fm 2021:

First thing is the change of condition and sharpness, it went from numbers to icons. I cant get used to it and I probably never will. 

Second thing is the removal of widgets. Totally unneccessary. The new tablet is trash and cant be moved around the pitch, as widgets were able to.

Third thing: They removed the time line from live match. Its impossible to scroll the live match. You can only replay the so called "important" moments like goals.

Fourth thing: The buttons on live match are little here, little there and there is way TO MUCH clicking to get to certain info.

Fifth thing: When the player get yellow card or is injured, it doesnt color the player (before when player has yellow card, his name was colored, same for injuries).

Sixth thing: Removal of green circles from tactic screen, now only stars are seen if you are going over with mouse,

Seventh thing: Some other little cons which I dislike personally.

1 hour ago, Ampalaea4 said:

@blejdekthats lot of cons... you didnt mention any pros though :P How is the match engine? Does players still "slide" on the pitch? how about tactic representation on pitch.

Didnt find any game breaking pros. Match engine is little better, nothing too drastic. Also no new features as sigames were saying. Same things, only they named them differently and selling us this as new features...i mean gtfo with such lies. 

Game saves faster, but who the **** cares about 5 secs faster saving. Rather dissapointed, as a long lasting fm player. If I knew everything I know now at the beginning, its a clear no buy from me. But as I said, thats just my opinion and my observations. 

And by observations I said it as it is, no sugar talking.

I didn’t feel like replying, but given the attitude of the most recent responder I felt like some positivity was necessary. The match engine is faaaaar better than fm20. Counterattacking tactics actually work and you can be a dominant team without needing 20+ shots to score. Player movement feels a lot better offensively and defensively, the game looks cleaner, and you can feel players strengths and weaknesses better. Outside of the ME, very little has changed. I personally almost got tired of fm20 by the time 21 released purely due to the match engine, so FM21 has been excellent for me. I would highly reccomend the demo like said above, and if you find the ME changes aren’t worth the money, I’d save your money.

11 hours ago, Sloak said:

I didn’t feel like replying, but given the attitude of the most recent responder I felt like some positivity was necessary. The match engine is faaaaar better than fm20. Counterattacking tactics actually work and you can be a dominant team without needing 20+ shots to score. Player movement feels a lot better offensively and defensively, the game looks cleaner, and you can feel players strengths and weaknesses better. Outside of the ME, very little has changed. I personally almost got tired of fm20 by the time 21 released purely due to the match engine, so FM21 has been excellent for me. I would highly reccomend the demo like said above, and if you find the ME changes aren’t worth the money, I’d save your money.

My attitude has nothing to do with my posts. The op asked the question and I told him the things as they are. If you find problems with my attitude and my posts just ignore it.

"Outside of the me, very little has changed" <- I give him 6 things that changed drastically and some minor ones I didnt even mention. 

But I do agree with the last sentence. Try out the demo and decide for yourself, I can help you only with upper posts of me. ;)