Exporting FM Editor Data to Excel

Prat33

Hi guys, I'm basically scouting for high potential players using the FM Editor (pre-game). So effectively young players with PA >150 or =-10 or =-95 or =-9 or =-85. The result is 100's of players.

Is there any way I can extract this list into Excel?

And then is there any way I can upload this list of players onto my FM save as shortlisted players?

Thanks.

Edited by Prat33

52 minutes ago, Prat33 said:

Hi guys, I'm basically scouting for high potential players using the FM Editor (pre-game). So effectively young players with PA >150 or =-10 or =-95 or =-9 or =-85. The result is 100's of players.

Is there any way I can extract this list into Excel?

And then is there any way I can upload this list of players onto my FM save as shortlisted players?

Thanks.

Its not problem to extract data from editor - problem is how to create new shortlist. Shortlist is saved in some different type of fmf container.

1 minute ago, krlenjushka said:

Its difficult to explain. Without any way to open shortlist file - its worthless.

Sorry my question is: can I run a search on FM Editor applying criterias, and then extract the search results data to Excel?

4 minutes ago, Prat33 said:

Sorry my question is: can I run a search on FM Editor applying criterias, and then extract the search results data to Excel?

Its possible with some workaround. As i said its not easy to explain.

• 2 years later...

I need something similar to this. No shortlist needed. I wanna export data from pre-game editor to excel. For example. Export all clubs with Unique ID, City and maybe some other data.
In the game there is Print Screen -> Web Page option to export data. Would be great if something similar is possible in the pre-game editor.

For example. Inside the pre-game editor I can manipulate with the views of the searched data. And now I would like to export that data to excel (or as .html file (like from FM-Web Page) and then I can export that to Excel)

20230201234943_1.thumb.jpg.934797ec1e67dbf3285cd2be114917b1.jpg

Edited by crooy3
adden screenshot

46 minutes ago, crooy3 said:

I need something similar to this. No shortlist needed. I wanna export data from pre-game editor to excel. For example. Export all clubs with Unique ID, City and maybe some other data.
In the game there is Print Screen -> Web Page option to export data. Would be great if something similar is possible in the pre-game editor.

For example. Inside the pre-game editor I can manipulate with the views of the searched data. And now I would like to export that data to excel (or as .html file (like from FM-Web Page) and then I can export that to Excel)

20230201234943_1.thumb.jpg.934797ec1e67dbf3285cd2be114917b1.jpg

Its not problem to export data from editor but if you need for example city - you need list of cities exported also.

This is because you have 2 types of data in editor - first is lets say simple data as text or numbers - just information.

Second type are data like city, nation, stadiums... all data that exists in database. Its not just simple text or numbers.

When you extract for example city - you will get only UID of that city. Without city list - you cant have city name.

14 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Its not problem to export data from editor but if you need for example city - you need list of cities exported also.

This is because you have 2 types of data in editor - first is lets say simple data as text or numbers - just information.

Second type are data like city, nation, stadiums... all data that exists in database. Its not just simple text or numbers.

When you extract for example city - you will get only UID of that city. Without city list - you cant have city name.

Ok, I think I understand what you mean. Right now, what I need is a list of all the cities in the database from one country. Only the name and Unique ID of each city.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...