{Fm21} North American Football Association 2021 (Fantasy USA 21)

North American Football Association 2021 (Fantasy USA 21)

North_American_Football_Association_d52b1e_000000.png.c6355393ae81eab63070abefc722c42d.png

Intro

This is the 2021 version of the fantasy USA and Canada mod I formed last year, I changed the name to avoid confusion with the great mod USA Fantasy League By wkdsoul.  Since there has been a lot of bugs with the editor this I was not able to many of the changes I wanted to for 2021. Though I plan to put some of them in a 1.0 by the end of March or April. I was able to make it so all the nations are found on one file this should make it easier for everyone.

Summary of concept. 

For those of you who don't know this is a mod that changes the layout of North America into a more European format. There is now promotion-relegation here in the states. But unlike other mods this has the power is found at the regional level, what that means is that the system is more like the United kingdom than France. The home nations are here instead regions. The USA is divided into six regions, the Northeast, the South, the Great Lakes, the Rockies, the Southwest, and the Pacific. In Canada, there is now eastern Canada and western Canada. In this regional style, most of the games a team will play will between those in their home region.

structure of the regions

2000066033.png.4d6682b9ff0c0d2cf003556784957983.png

The league structure of each region is 68 clubs, with 20 in the top flight 24 in each of the lower levels, they all play twice and the top flight has its own tv schedule for fixtures. The bottom three in the top flight are relegated with the top three of the 2nd tier coming up in their place. The same is true with the 2nd and 3rd divisions.

2000066052.png.f0ac91c44a239bcfc1de155ee767bdda.png

In each region there is a knockout cup that has all 68 teams compete for the runs from fall to the spring time. It is a random draw. this is one of the lower tier completions for the top tier clubs.

2000066064.png.18544926b6d588e261a9a7db0885ab30.png2000066076.png.97691f35fb6b4cacd94298a26ff4b949.png

There are two super cups that a regional league winner will play in the next summer. The regional super cup between them and the cup winner, And the interregional super cup between them and the winner of another region. For the interregional, the matchups are between the northeast and the south in the mason Dixon super cup, the Rockies and great lakes in the wheat&steel cup, the pacific and southwest in the sand super cup, and finally west meets east in the Canada super cup.

2000066057.png.890d812af6f9b7e910a8d4995035323d.png2000066058.png.24f5e0f888faaee28c706a5d95956383.png

One of the biggest completions that every club completions in is the two main cup completions the USA cup and the Canada cup. All six regions in the USA play in the us cup in a single leg knockout style. The two main draw rules are that lower division sides play at home and that you can not play a club in your home region until the quarter finals. This small change can lead to some fun away days for the big clubs and some classic cup upsets.  In the Canada cup there are two legged matches and no draw rules. both cups play from august to may. 

2000066061.png.48cf273d06ab2ec81182ca1015a5f70e.png2000066062.png.aee9f7c45eb315f1a2cf588795bb1fa2.png

For the top eight of the regions they play in the American champion league, it has 16 groups of 4 that play in a double round robin in the fall with the winner of the group moving on to the two leg knockout rounds in the spring. The 2nd and 3rd place teams falling into the America Cup, were they play on Thursday nights in a similar fashion. Both competition finish in late may. (Coming soon a Super cup that will between the winners of these two comps)

For the top tier clubs they will play in four competitive comps each year, with lesser clubs playing in a total of 3.

506537817_FullMapofUsaandCanadaSoccer.PNG.c95f79ab5804bfde6470bd4764d83504.PNG

Clubs

There are a total of 68 Clubs per Region. The club makeup is split about 36/24/8, with the 36 clubs going to the 8 biggest metro areas in that given region, the 24 clubs was then divided up to six local regions think states or geo areas like the high plains and finally the last 8 were at large bids that help fill in when I thought an area would have another team or if a area was lacking a team. Generally the reputation of the metro teams are higher then the local region sides but that is not always true. Just like in Europe many cities have 2nd or third teams that have to fight both with big brother and the villages sides that may be the only show in town. I picked the number of 68 per region because I wanted to have almost every American/cunucks to have a club somewhere close to their home town.

There are a few different reputation tiers of Clubs, just like how real Madid and Real Betis are both Spanish clubs but in different financials and  cultural stratospheres. each club's tier affected their youth development, their trophy cabinet, financials, and stadium size.

2000066537.png.d2bc61df95f5ce23b6fc2a0943f7210d.png

Reputation range: 7500-9200

Average Seasonal Results: Top Five to Champion

Model Example: Man United, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund

Total Number of Clubs Per Region:2-6

Total Number of Clubs In Total: 30

Info: These are the clubs that are thought to have a real chance to win things and keep hold of their stars. even so there are five clubs who are a step above that are the biggest on the continent. Generally they are the clubs from one of the three biggest metro areas in each region but not always, for example Halifax City Has been able to overperform as the queen of the Maritimes. 

Upper

2000066477.png.dcb904a16b3479e95a809a97e43ad1f4.png

Reputation range: 7000-7500

Average Seasonal Results: Top Eight to Top three

Model Example: Everton, Villarreal, Roma, Bayer Leverkusen

Total Number of Clubs Per Region:1-4

Total Number of Clubs In Total: 23

Info: These Clubs are in a interesting spot, they maybe able to attract a aging star or young starlet or keep hold of a local boy for a while but for what ever reason they have not been able to push up the table to fight with the top tier sides. Many times they are hurt by being a big fish in the middle of no where like Spokane woods, or they are stuck as the 2nd team in a market, like Georgetown City or they are in a city has fallen on hard times like Edmonton Football Club. But all these Clubs know it only take one manager or one super star to climb that ladder.

upper mid

2000066271.png.745085a28a27a70bd26ff4a941918442.png

Reputation range: 6600-7000

Average Seasonal Results: Top ten to Top five

Model Example: Southampton, Wolfsburg, Atalanta, Athletic Bilbao

Total Number of Clubs Per Region:1-4

Total Number of Clubs In Total: 27

Info: Just like the Upper mid clubs they have the same problems with less money or less fans or less history. Many times they can be a club in a poor decade wait for a fruitful crop of youth or they can a former mid club that is now got a push from a new owner or coach.  While they are not Haunted by the nightmares of relegations, league titles are distant dream, but it only takes one cup run to make things change.

Mid

2000066404.png.1517594fc3c1bf798d49b1c87d38f2e9.png

Reputation range: 6200-6500

Average Seasonal Results: Mid table to Top Half

Model Example:  Real Betis, Wolverhampton, Newcastle United, Sampdoria

Total Number of Clubs Per Region:4-6

Total Number of Clubs In Total: 41

Info: These are the Clubs who truly are stuck between being able to think about interregional play one day and hard fought nights in the 2nd tier. This has caused them to spin their tires, many times make a transfer for a safe squad player rather then play a kid for fear of getting into a relegation battle. They are clubs known to play the kids on a cup day to make sure they never have to worry about the huge lost in revenue. Many time this thought could because they are in a smaller market or they are the third banana in a city. For them all they hope for is to be seen.

Lower/Yoyo

2000066419.png.6423d4b9d596471fb953781e7c8b388b.png2000066356.png.d4e60b4c73878cf62494dd642fdd9e02.png

Reputation range: 6000-6200/5800-6100

Average Seasonal Results: In the Pits every year

Model Example: Brighton, Getafe, FC Koln/ Mainz 05, Genoa, Norwich City.

Total Number of Clubs Per Region:3-6/2-3

Total Number of Clubs In Total: 39/25

Info: for the fans of these clubs they blame their dads for all the hope and heart ache these clubs bring to them, many would rather be a good lower league side because sometimes the hope is what kills you.  But with that hope comes the thought of the coach who will play the kids, make a cup run and keep them safe for the length of a presidential term.

Sleeping Giants.

2000066761.png.8a58415bb962aaab6505ca8bf6b4173c.png

Reputation range: 6100-6400

Average Seasonal Results: get back home in the title run

Model Example: Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, Saint Etienne, Deportivo

Total Number of Clubs Per Region:1-3

Total Number of Clubs In Total: 16

Info: Raised on stories told by dad or grandad, many fans thing that the dark ages are just about to be over until a surprise relegation or a player getting a season ending injury leaves them unable to create those grand dreams. Some Clubs have a curse, other just say it is bad luck, but they will remind everyone it is better to sing about the past and hope for the future then it is to have no past at all. Will there a new local owner who saves them or will it be a young coach unburned by the pressures of the past.

Final Section the Important stuff

Here the one File for all the nations, let me know if you fine any bugs or anything weird on it. (I will not be posting a copy on steam for a while since there has been problems updating it on there)

Last time Updated 1/7/2021

Since the logos are too big to upload here here is the link to a google drive were you can download them, if you have any problems at all let me know here. ( Since the edit changed the id number for clubs this year, you will have to redownload this version sadly, there should not be any changes.)

Logo Link

I want to make a couple changes to the the Jerseys so it maybe a while until I make those completely open but I am willing to show any ones by request.

Kit Link

I am a nerd for maps and spreadsheets so if you want to spend time look at my messes here are the link to those

Map

Spreadsheet

If you have any questions, ideas or comments feel free to post them here.

North American Football Association .95.fmf

Edited by PostMovieCam
Updated For winter Update

This is a lovely idea, I will put it on my to play list when I next want to go exploring something new. I always dreamed of turning the USA into Europe version two. Separating each of the US states into separate countries and inventing clubs and league systems to go with them, but I never did it because of the insane amount of work involved! But this looks like a good interpretation of what I always wanted! I look forward to it. 

On 10/01/2021 at 10:06, sporadicsmiles said:

This is a lovely idea, I will put it on my to play list when I next want to go exploring something new. I always dreamed of turning the USA into Europe version two. Separating each of the US states into separate countries and inventing clubs and league systems to go with them, but I never did it because of the insane amount of work involved! But this looks like a good interpretation of what I always wanted! I look forward to it. 

Thanks, It probably the most productive non school related thing I did during covid, Yeah I want to do a change from the single league style that I saw with most Us saves. It was really fun learning about random parts of my home nation.

1 minute ago, PostMovieCam said:

Thanks, It probably the most productive non school related thing I did during covid, Yeah I want to do a change from the single league style that I saw with most Us saves. It was really fun learning about random parts of my home nation.

I plan to give it a go on the upcoming weekend as something to do while there are adverts during the playoff of the other great sport named football!

3 hours ago, Dodis said:

How does international play function? I saw you broke it into different nations. Are they involved in CONCACAF?

As of right now, they don't, I haven't got the international system figured out yet. I think I want to have them, play in Three Real competitions, the world cup maybe keep the bid numbers the same, I plan to keep the gold cup, and a small off year comp of some kind. It may be a while until I get have want to get a lot of the players and people done first. 

6 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I plan to give it a go on the upcoming weekend as something to do while there are adverts during the playoff of the other great sport named football!

Cool that is always good to see, did you get to download the logo pack? And I saw that you posted in the excel thread did you ever get a player generator made?

4 hours ago, PostMovieCam said:

And I saw that you posted in the excel thread did you ever get a player generator made?

I have no had the time to get it made. I started and it looks entirely feasible to do, but it just will take a while to make what I envisaged and involves making sure I have all the lines of code in the xml correct. I want to go take a look at it again, but probably after I finished my Africa file. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

Just a quick question, have you done any sims to see how transfers, Youth Intakes, the international scene, goes? Saw that all the int teams had 190 in youth rating 

There is normally a few wonder kids above 160 each year, I have seen it as high as 35 and as low as 15, Transfers are normally big the 2nd and third years as the ad money gets divided out. and the international is still very under baked right now.

Just wanted to let you know that I've started a save with Sandy United - not far away from South Jordan, Utah, where I grew up.  I'll let you know how it proceeds.

Based on what I've looked at so far, you've done an absolutely amazing job at putting this together.  Well done!

1 hour ago, Daniel Evensen said:

Just wanted to let you know that I've started a save with Sandy United - not far away from South Jordan, Utah, where I grew up.  I'll let you know how it proceeds.

Based on what I've looked at so far, you've done an absolutely amazing job at putting this together.  Well done!

Thanks, Have you been able to download the logo, and jersey sets? I love hearing about people being able to play with a club near their hometown, which was one of my goals with this mod, because it was always weird to me that people from the plains have to root for a team half way around the world.

11 hours ago, nickoyfc5 said:

Hello, I tried out the database today, well done its really good. However I've had some issues with the logos and kits. Screenshot_24.png

So the logos are tied to an Id, what happened here is that you have an fictional club that is taking up one of the slots. ie, the sudbury id is 2000066618, and your game has the id as 2000066619. do you have any other databases on at all?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...