Loads of debt. In the red. Loaned to the hilt.

Hi,

In my Maritimo save things are going well. I've won the league, always make it to the knockout round of Champions League and I think I've done a good job. The I'm in my 5th season. One again I have sold more than I have spent....

But the club is in debt to around £180million. 

This is so strange to me a couple of seasons in the board told me they had been able to wipe out our debt due to the great performance of the club. I only ever exceed the budget by 5k or so between transfer windows and I am diligent enough to fix it.

I am so confused. I honestly think that the new President is stealing from the club and has torpedoed my excellent management. I have 2 questions? 

1) What has happened? 

2) What can I do about it? 

Thank you,

The Beleaguered One

Look at the finances screen, what are you spending money on? Somehow the club is losing money and it could be loads of reasons, but without knowing details it's impossible to give much advise.

Could be a bug with finances in FM21. I've noticed that the finances doesn't add up at Leipzig either, constantly warned we are failing FFP by quite a lot, yet simsalabim after June 26th (season resets) I receive a message that it's all gravy and 150-300m euros injected again via "others" and "sponsorship". Whatsmore, even though we have a 600m+ bank balance, the Chairman recently had to inject 25m to cover a loan. What?

28 minutes ago, The Beleaguered One said:

I honestly think that the new President is stealing from the club

Haha, just like they could in real life! This reminded me though that dividend payments seem to have been removed from FM21 - not seen it so far.

Ive found in this version and recent versions of FM, that the user seems to get stung for money more then AI. I am constantly battling to keep my finances in the green, despite winning the league and champions League every year.

My sponsor and income is high, and whilst my wage bill isn't low, it's not crazy either.

Meanwhile the other clubs of a similar level to me in the league, have far higher wagebill and income, don't get the same prize money I do, yet have far more cash each year. 

It doesn't add up. I don't think it's a bug as such, as it's been the same for several versions now.