FM acting like it isn’t installed and issues with my laptop?

Hello,

My Precision seems to always take several attempts to turn on, I press the power button, the light comes on, the fan kicks in very briefly then it turns off again. This happens a few times until it finally comes on. 

When turning on however, it’s as if it’s restarted and it’s closed whatever apps I was previously using. 

Also, regarding Football Manager, a lot of the time when trying to launch the game, it responds as though it’s never been downloaded before? And asks me to create a profile when I already have saved games, I’ve never experienced this before.   

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Based on ONLY your description of the issue, I'd say you have a harddisk error and it's just about to really die on you. I'd guess that there are issues with things and that your windows is clearing files and thus FM doesn't find your preferences file when it starts. 

I'd say you should think about getting a new harddisk before it finally goes out. But I can't be sure of it though.

6 minutes ago, FM-Lee said:

Thanks for your reply...it’s been like this a long time, pretty much since I had it if I remember correctly. Is there anything else it could be do you think?

Well, for whatever reason the preferences files are removed. What OS do you run? Windows 10?

That definitely sounds like a pretty serious hardware issue and should be investigated quickly before there are major issues- the next time you do get it started, make sure that you have a full backup as the hard drive may be close to total failure.