Adding New Leagues mid game, Managers.

Into the 5th season of my current save, fancied some new options for nations to manage. Added Netherlands and Portugal.

Couple of issues - 

1. I'd tried to do it before, loaded up new league and it gave me the starting date. Then when I would save and exit and reload it had reverted to not being selected. So had to do it a couple of months before the end of the season and keep going to the date. 

2. When the leagues initialised, all the Portuguese teams have been given a 'regen' manager, not one real life staff member at any club. I'd also noticed throughout my save many teams in leagues I hadn't fully loaded had no manager (even big ones). 

Daft as it is it has kind of ruined the immersion of my current save. I had loaded up all leagues on view only and with over 130,000 players and staff (large database, many other options selected).

I'm assuming I've missed something, but surely teams in those view only leagues should have staff, they have full squads etc. 

This is how the "add leagues" work. You chose how many real players and staff are loaded into the game initially, Adding a new league will not contain enough people since the players and managers are not loaded into the initial database unless you have specified it from the get go. So when you add another league, the game will fill it up with managers, staff and players suitable for that level. So that's why all are generated.

13 minutes ago, XaW said:

This is how the "add leagues" work. You chose how many real players and staff are loaded into the game initially, Adding a new league will not contain enough people since the players and managers are not loaded into the initial database unless you have specified it from the get go. So when you add another league, the game will fill it up with managers, staff and players suitable for that level. So that's why all are generated.

Yeah, as I thought, but their squads and youth squads are full of players. Is there an option to add staff as well that I've missed? Just seems a bit strange to have big European teams having no managers, with a database of 140,000 players and staff.

1 minute ago, scottybee84 said:

Yeah, as I thought, but their squads and youth squads are full of players. Is there an option to add staff as well that I've missed? Just seems a bit strange to have big European teams having no managers, with a database of 140,000 players and staff.

Hmm... perhaps staff are more linked to leagues rather than kept as players when you chose database? The other thing I can think of, have the managers left at any point, as in they were there at the start? You are in the 5th season, so perhaps they have gone to another club or are sacked at some point in the last 5 seasons in your game?