Injuries (FM20)

Hi. Was hoping someone may have some ideas or things I am missing regarding keeping players injury free that I am not already doing... as I am having the worst amount ever. 

Every week there is a new one

In terms of resting players, I rotate quite a lot, and check if players are high risk to injury before hand... I do not get most my injuries from the matches themselves however, it tends to be in training. It is constant at the moment, and has derailed yet another season. I am thinking of quiting as it feels like there is something wrong on this save, as I never normally have this many. 

17 minutes ago, LCFCEaves31 said:

Hi. Was hoping someone may have some ideas or things I am missing regarding keeping players injury free that I am not already doing... as I am having the worst amount ever. 

Every week there is a new one

In terms of resting players, I rotate quite a lot, and check if players are high risk to injury before hand... I do not get most my injuries from the matches themselves however, it tends to be in training. It is constant at the moment, and has derailed yet another season. I am thinking of quiting as it feels like there is something wrong on this save, as I never normally have this many. 

The average amount of injuries in game is actually lower than it is in real life. 

"Get stuck in" seems to produce a lot of injuries and certain positions are due to have injuries more often than in real life, this concerns mostly wingers as they get tightly marked and get "kicked" a lot. I can for the love of god not keep my wingers alive :).

The AI also tends to man mark whomever is getting the highest rating and often he will get knackered or injured, apart from that Klaaz is right, injuries overall seem to be fine and perhaps a bit lower than in real life.

45 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

The average amount of injuries in game is actually lower than it is in real life. 

Not on my save :lol: 

I currently have 5, had 8 at one point. I get someone back and within 2 games they are injured again... 

12 minutes ago, AurioDK said:

"Get stuck in" seems to produce a lot of injuries and certain positions are due to have injuries more often than in real life, this concerns mostly wingers as they get tightly marked and get "kicked" a lot. I can for the love of god not keep my wingers alive :).

The AI also tends to man mark whomever is getting the highest rating and often he will get knackered or injured, apart from that Klaaz is right, injuries overall seem to be fine and perhaps a bit lower than in real life.

I do have get stuck in though... maybe I will take that off for a bit... 

11 minutes ago, LCFCEaves31 said:

Not on my save :lol: 

I currently have 5, had 8 at one point. I get someone back and within 2 games they are injured again... 

I think I remember SI saying that the injury levels in the game is 20% lower than in real life on average.

Often injuries happen because of wrong or too much training, too intensive tactic, too little rotation, exhaustion, injury proneness, and a myriad of factors with a bit of randomness as well. So if this happens for a while it can be a coincidence, comparable to what Liverpool have at the moment with anyone playing centre back. If you see it happen over a very long period of time and with the same team, there could be other factors impacting it, like the one I mentioned. Perhaps you have loads of injury prone players? Perhaps you don't rotate enough and players are in danger of muscle injuries because of it? Perhaps your tactic is too demanding? Perhaps your players train too hard? Or perhaps a little bit of all of those? It's not easy to know, but your medical centre should hopefully give you some hints.

19 hours ago, XaW said:

I think I remember SI saying that the injury levels in the game is 20% lower than in real life on average.

Often injuries happen because of wrong or too much training, too intensive tactic, too little rotation, exhaustion, injury proneness, and a myriad of factors with a bit of randomness as well. So if this happens for a while it can be a coincidence, comparable to what Liverpool have at the moment with anyone playing centre back. If you see it happen over a very long period of time and with the same team, there could be other factors impacting it, like the one I mentioned. Perhaps you have loads of injury prone players? Perhaps you don't rotate enough and players are in danger of muscle injuries because of it? Perhaps your tactic is too demanding? Perhaps your players train too hard? Or perhaps a little bit of all of those? It's not easy to know, but your medical centre should hopefully give you some hints.

I  play gegenpress like I am sure a lot of players do. To get a new injury every week, seems to me like something is broken. Just played my second since I posted, and with 15 minutes left to go, pulled hamstring sending me down to 10 men and ultimately it derails me again, costing us a goal in 91st minute. I've had 7-8 good seasons but something has changed and I am not sure what