Academy Player's Poached

Currently playing as Boreham Wood and in the 4th season now. Managed to get promoted twice to League 1 and from the end of Season 3 and the start of Season 4 I'm finding that players from the Academy are being poached as per the screenshot below. Had around 5-6 poached and I know it can happen in real life. Bit frustrating as some are 5 star prospects. Wanted to know if it is just because the club is a little fish in a bigger pond now or is there anything I can do to help stop the players being poached. My whole game is based upon developing youth players either from the academy or through recruitment (mostly released players).

image.thumb.png.99d48f97853c0b5651f3458ff8eca4c1.png

Unfortunately, you can't do anything about it, it's simply how the game reflects how youth players are poached in real life. So the small fish in a big pond analogy is quite right.

11 minutes ago, Pipster said:

Had a feeling it was. Never seems to happen the other way where I poach other teams kids.

Yeah, it's almost always the big teams that steal from the smaller ones. I've had a lot poached off my team myself, and very few the other way...

Thank you for that. Fingers crossed I get some decent players through still. 

One of the reasons I choose Boreham Wood was because of the Youth Facilities being good for the National League. So gutted they are being poached away. 

Suppose I have to look at it as an extra challenge. Might make a file and keep the names of the players and the clubs who poached them and when they are promoted from the academy, try and steal them back

Just now, Pipster said:

Thank you for that. Fingers crossed I get some decent players through still. 

One of the reasons I choose Boreham Wood was because of the Youth Facilities being good for the National League. So gutted they are being poached away. 

Suppose I have to look at it as an extra challenge. Might make a file and keep the names of the players and the clubs who poached them and when they are promoted from the academy, try and steal them back

I'm doing the same for my saves. Also, when/if they spawn in, they will show the clauses in your transfer clauses overview.  I'm saying IF, because the AI only spawns the youth players they would actually sign, not 16 as for a human controlled team. So if the player is not calculated to have a high enough value to be signed, then he won't spawn.

Just now, XaW said:

I'm doing the same for my saves. Also, when/if they spawn in, they will show the clauses in your transfer clauses overview.  I'm saying IF, because the AI only spawns the youth players they would actually sign, not 16 as for a human controlled team. So if the player is not calculated to have a high enough value to be signed, then he won't spawn.

Ah that’s interesting as didn’t know that. I was going to just check those clubs on intake day.

I normally go into the youth intake for each league and add all the players to a shortlist and then narrow them down to a set of specific attributes I call DNA and then fully scout them and ditch the rest. I always use attribute masking to make it a bit more realistic and enjoy the whole scouting process. Well until you have spent your whole scouting budget, which has happened in the last 2 seasons as we are a small club.

Thanks again for the info.

• 7 months later...