Looking for a skin recommendation.

NicklasBlack

If this isn't the right subforum I apologize and request that a mod move the topic.

Well guys it happened. I finally reached the age at which playing my favourite game has become a strain on my eyes.
Getting old jokes aside, I realized lately that playing FM for more than an hour makes my eyes sting and dry. Now, I could of course reduce my playing time but that is a ridiculous proposition.
Thus, I am looking for a skin. For years I have been using the brilliant TCS skin without any issue, but this year it feels like everything is too small.
I know I can use the preferences to increase "Size Of Text & Images" but that option makes various panels etc. disappear.

Basically I'm looking for a dark skin along the lines of TCS, but one that has a bigger font and crams info so that panels and other stuff don't disappear.

Thank you!

Ps: I cannot live without the attribute analysis polygon so any skin that removes or changes it drastically is a no-go.

Edited by NicklasBlack

5 minutes ago, NicklasBlack said:

If this isn't the right subforum I apologize and request that a mod move the topic.

Well guys it happened. I finally reached the age at which playing my favourite game has become a strain on my eyes.
Getting old jokes aside, I realized lately that playing FM for more than an hour makes my eyes sting and dry. Now, I could of course reduce my playing time but that is a ridiculous proposition.
Thus, I am looking for a skin. For years I have been using the brilliant TCS skin without any issue, but this year it feels like everything is too small.
I know I can use the preferences to increase "Size Of Text & Images" but that option makes various panels etc. disappear.

Basically I'm looking for a dark skin along the lines of TCS, but one that has a bigger font and crams info so that panels and other stuff don't disappear.

Thank you!

Ps: I cannot live without the attribute analysis polygon so any skin that removes or changes it drastically is a no-go.

Unfortunately most skins seem to cram more into every screen rather than less. You mentioned wanting a dark skin but have you tried the white skins? Apparently people who get sore eyes say it is very good at reducing that.

4 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Unfortunately most skins seem to cram more into every screen rather than less. You mentioned wanting a dark skin but have you tried the white skins? Apparently people who get sore eyes say it is very good at reducing that.

I didn't know that was a thing.
I actually thought the opposite was true.
It's definitely worth a try.

I'm gonna give it a try but I remember from way back that I found white skins to be too bright.

15 hours ago, SpiderJu said:

Hi.

i like less then more is better. okay, which Skin use many users actually?
i think this two Skins are these, who use many Users
Link: https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm-2021-flut-skin-dark.html
Link:
https://www.fmscout.com/a-priisek-dark-fm21-skin.html
i think, Flut is in most time more then less
:)

Thanks, I'll try'em out.

On 09/03/2021 at 03:23, Enyu said:

better customize the skin, by combining several available skin parts

Screenshot_2021-03-08-23-32-08-374_com.sega.score.touch.jpg

There is no way I know how to do that. :lol:
Is there a link for this to try out?

Anyway guys my update is that I've tried several skins since making this post (including those suggested here), and nothing really seems to have made a difference.
I went to the ophthalmologist recently and got prescribed new glasses.
I'm hoping they'll do the trick when they arrive.

On 05/03/2021 at 18:38, NicklasBlack said:

It's not scary. In my opinion, 50% of the panels are redundant, uninformative, or duplicate other panels.