Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jase19 said:

Go to Steam Library, click on Football Manager, on the right side click on Workshop, search for "no brexit," there are two mods made by Maitu that work just fine to remove brexit.  One still requires work permits, one gets rid of them.

Do they add 24 teams to vanarama south instead of the 23 it should have?

42 minutes ago, Sharkn20 said:

I can't find Praise or Criticise trainning in there either.

You have to wait a bit for that, normally by mid pre season you can, I guess it's simulate getting to know your players or something 

Just to continue the penalties debate in FM21, in real life there has been so far 41 penalties awarded in the premier league this season in 9 matches, Leiciester have been awarded 8, so going by that theres some issues in football manager regarding this as the average is far to low, you really only need to play the game to realize this, assuming yous actually play your own game and have in house game testers.

Edited by iAlwaysWin

23 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

Do they add 24 teams to vanarama south instead of the 23 it should have?

I doubt it, it's just a Brexit mod.  If you go into the mods there is probably another that fixes that too.

Edited by jase19

On 24/11/2020 at 03:11, Dagenham_Dave said:

The camera angles have been improved too*. You can fully zoom on the sideline view and set up a perfect 'FIFA' angle now. And the data analyst camera (at last) looks great. In fact, those who wish the 2D stuff to be more immersive, if you get the height and zoom right on the data analyst view this year, it's a terrific alternative, particularly now that it looks better. 

*from the beta

That's promising. I have been playing in 2D for all those years and it seems like a good alternative, like last game's VAR offside camera.

Haven't bought the game yet though and would really like to see if that's the case, could anyone post a screenshot from this camera angle please? Cheers.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

No probs, I guess it makes sense as you wouldn't give a player a rollocking after you've only known him a few days 

It does indeed, I thought it might be the case... Just 10 days into the save with no badges and Sunday footballer I got -5 respect 🤣

9 hours ago, FrazT said:

Ok- it appears that this issue is working as intended after some input from previous years about difficulty in finding a job when unqualified.  It is a Catch 22 situation but the user can choose to reject or accept job offers as they see fit.

The disappointment of some users as to it's implementation will no doubt be noted but lets move on.

I know you're keen to move on, but this post is misleading - the thread from the bugs forum I previously posted shows this has been raised by multiple users and acknowledged by SI QA as a legit bug, but you're saying it's working as intended?

Screenshot_20201126-082752_Chrome.jpg

Only issue I have seen so far in the ME that was there past year as well is the amount of offsides from wide defenders vs real life, even on support duty and with balanced mentality with no overlaps, they are way too aggressive. I have already reported it in the ME bugs forum as I see several wide defenders in the top 20 players by offside calls.

42 minutes ago, jase19 said:

I doubt it, it's just a Brexit mod.  If you go into the mods there is probably another that fixes that too.

It's not as simple as previous years. Theres a bug with the editor which means its hard to make any changes to english leagues as it always fails the verification. To get around this I know some people have added 24 teams to the vanarama south rather than the 23 it should have. So I'm asking if this is the case in the brexit file you've been using?

57 minutes ago, Icy said:

Only issue I have seen so far in the ME that was there past year as well is the amount of offsides from wide defenders vs real life, even on support duty and with balanced mentality with no overlaps, they are way too aggressive. I have already reported it in the ME bugs forum as I see several wide defenders in the top 20 players by offside calls.

I think it's been around for the last two years. WB/FB takes a throw-in and teammate immediately passes back, while partner still stays behind the defensive line. It's been so common that I've started accepting this as given

2 minutes ago, thegod102014 said:

Am i the only one who´s getting a lot of injured players?

Depends. In FM, injury rates are at 80% of real life levels. There was an injury bug when more than 1 human manager was added, but that was fixed in the release version.

Same feedback as i posted in Beta thread. nothing has changed, so i will post it here too now that the game has fully released.

My feedback on the Match Screen

Images below. Playing at 1920x1080.

Match stats + notable events section is ok. but i would like to cutomize which match stats show up.

Dugout section, the only info i liked in this was the minor injury notifications.......and thats only because they dont show at all on any other section!  Would rather replace this tbh.

Injuries (orange icons) need to show up on the Liverpool (your team) stats section like they did in previous versions!

Visualiser section....meh. I would rather be able to resize this.

Infact all section should be able to be resized, top to bottom, and dragged left to right to show more info, like the previous versions team stats section, wher you could lengthen it to show body language.

Opponents formation section, i like the amount of info, name, role, rating, condition, body language, its replaced having the opponents stats on screen for me.....but it also looks unfinished? Maybe it the lack of box around the name? unsure. 

Liverpool (your team) Stats section. Needs to show minor (orange) injuries! Also would love to have body language on here too, so all relevant info is in one place. Like previous version did.

The bottom part i barely use tbh. The layout of the Liverpool (your stats) Stats section is far better (apart from lack of body language)  than the bottom section for me. I think a top to bottom list has better readability than side to side as it as at the bottom of the screen.

I would rather have the Mentality, Instructions and Shouts up at the top of the screen and remove all the players at the bottom. Maybe i'll become used to it, but so far i havent. I could hide it, but then it also hides the mentality and shouts UI.

20201111230511_1.thumb.jpg.fb4e920910de6eb6093d9e988007b5dd.jpg

For reference, below is how i had FM20 match screen.

Not perfect, but i had most of the Info i wanted, though again, i wished i could have more match stats shown.

Also all the options at the top of the screen, nice and easy to see and select.

20201111232229_1.thumb.jpg.67e37324f62ceba95be29583ab2c5e10.jpg

Team Talks:

I understand why this has changed due to the many new gestures added, though im not a fan of having the players split all over the screen. I think if all players on the pitch where in the list on the left, and all subs on right, with none along the top would have looked better imo.

Without them at the top, they could be nudged up and  11 players would fit very nicely, at least at 1920x1080.

20201111231037_1.thumb.jpg.2c12bb80d195d05a8a25e5ee1751eaac.jpg

The Interview screen has so much wasted space in the prime area of the screen, the middle.

The previous FM versions used the screen space far better.

20201112151506_1.thumb.jpg.2f7afe6adb82b41faafa7da8d5e148ed.jpg

Thats all for now.

I hope things change, but im old and cynical, so i dont think they will. 

After all that, i will say that the Match Engine seems fantastic from what i've played so far. So kudos to you for that.

Maybe the changes in morale affects the Match Engine? Players trying more long balls and shots because they're more confident? And we see the FM20 issues because they're doing it more times?

Just a theory.

8 minutes ago, SpecialOne Miko said:

I can clearly see that finishing (or something related to it at least) has changed since BETA version. Its obvious. Im playing the same team, same players, and something is off. 

As said - the ME changes were very minor and not related to finishing. If you're seeing something different, it's not down to the ME changes. Morale, how teams line up against you, consistency of your players, your tactic etc will all have an influence here.

8 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

As said - the ME changes were very minor and not related to finishing. If you're seeing something different, it's not down to the ME changes.

I think anyone answering questions about changes in the ME needs to take it that 'changes in the ME' should not be taken literally - most of the time it means the on pitch behaviour of the team has changed,  Obviously that can come from factors within the ME or data about the team that is fed into the ME on matchday.

We need some real transparency about what has changed between the beta and the full release  - because what we have now is not producing the kind of football seen in the beta and all we are hearing is ME hasn't changed. Fine we understand that other factors affect what we see on the pitch.

So, what has been changed?

Edited by rp1966

3 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

I think anyone answering question about changes in the ME needs to take it that 'changes in the ME' should not be taken literally - most of the time it means the on pitch behaviour of the team has changed,  Obviously that can come from factors within the ME or data about the team that is fed into the ME on matchday.

We need some real transparency about what has changed between the beta and the full release  - because what we have now is not producing the kind of football seen in the beta and all we are hearing is ME hasn't changed. Fine we understand that other factors affect what we see on the pitch.

So, what has been changed?

There won't be. There's not a change list. There won't be one. It's been discussed to death. If there are updates (and we've seen this already, twice) there will be change lists.

I've clearly not said the ME hasn't changed. I said - very minor changes. So did themadsheep2001 and so did Jack Joyce who works on the ME.

If you are seeing big changes, it's not the ME.

6 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

There won't be. There's not a change list. There won't be one. It's been discussed to death. If there are updates (and we've seen this already, twice) there will be change lists.

I've clearly not said the ME hasn't changed. I said - very minor changes. So did themadsheep2001 and so did Jack Joyce who works on the ME.

I'm not one of those asking for a full change list - I just want to understand why the glorious football of the beta has vanished and more importantly if it is something we can get back through managing our way around whatever it is that is different between beta and release. 

What factors have changed the on-pitch performance - in general terms - that's all.  

FM21 beta was giving us the greatest football in FM for years - possibly ever, and now, on release, it's all a bit FM20 + central play and a bit of a let down after the beta.

Edited by rp1966

5 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

I'm not one of those asking for a full change list - I just want to understand why the glorious football of the beta has vanished and more importantly if it is something we can get back through managing our way around whatever it is that is different between beta and release. 

What factors have changed the on-pitch performance - in general terms - that's all.  

FM21 beta was giving us the greatest football in FM for years - possibly ever, and now, on release, it's all a bit FM20 + central play and a bit of a let down after the beta.

Unfortunately, the answer to this won't be different to what's already been answered. Look, I'm trying to help here. Just giving you the facts.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

Unfortunately, the answer to this won't be different to what's already been answered. Look, I'm trying to help here. Just giving you the facts.

No problem - it is what it is. It's just a bit disappointing after playing the beta. 

8 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

No problem - it is what it is. It's just a bit disappointing after playing the beta. 

Yes, very disappointing - I scrapped my beta save today as it just felt like the goal posts moved with full release and it became a different save.  I was enjoying it massively - couldn't wait to finish work and play every day - but was just getting super-frustrated with it since full release.  The "external factors we identified that filtered through to the matchday" have given me a very different game of football when I watch - a big backwards step for me.  I don't care about a change list - I just want to give my feedback - and basically that's I'm back in FM19, which is a big downer for me after such a promising beta.

41 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

I've brought every version of this game and I can honestly say this happens every edition.

Beta comes out plays like a dream, then after a few updates it reverts back to type.

Now a cynical person would say.......

Edited by Os

The pre match line up screen (shown for big matches and comprehensive highlights) really should be able to be seen for Extended Highlights at least if not all as clicking skips through anyway. Good bit of Ui pre game does not correlate with wanting to watch the level of highlights in comprehensive mode in my view. This Screen:

1427993133_ScreenShot2020-11-26at16_08_16.png.4994706e99312c6019aa7b4867ae3584.png

If nothing else any advice for the Skinning Forum for how to edit it's behaviour please :)

19 minutes ago, Os said:

Beta comes out plays like a dream, then after a few updates it reverts back to type.

Now a cynical person would say.......

What would a cynical person say? If you've pre-ordered the game, you'll have  access to the beta. If, in this fantasy world of tinfoil hats you live in, that SI DID make the main game deliberately worse, who is losing out? It would be different if beta access was given free by means of enticing people to buy the main game, but your point, such as it is, falls at the first hurdle. 

Unlucky. 

5 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

What would a cynical person say? If you've pre-ordered the game, you'll have  access to the beta. If, in this fantasy world of tinfoil hats you live in, that SI DID make the main game deliberately worse, who is losing out? It would be different if beta access was given free by means of enticing people to buy the main game, but your point, such as it is, falls at the first hurdle. 

Unlucky. 

I think they create a cinderella engine that always proves unsustainable.

That is different to as you say DELIBERATELY MAKING AN ENGINE WORSE.

10 hours ago, Mikal said:

I posted back on page 12 a little tip to do what you wanted @craiigman(because it's what I was desperate to do).

"A little tip for those who are as perplexed as me at only being able to review the player and analytical stats during the 'backroom HT advice' as soon as the first half ends, and not being able to review at any point during HT.

When you get to the HT backroom advice where you can review the data (the page as soon as the half finishes), and you want to make tactical changes based on these, press the 'Tactics & Subs' option bottom left. This will bring up your tactics, make some changes, and if you decide you want to review the data again (as I believe we should be inclined to do), then just press BACKSPACE and it will take you back to the HT advice page. From here you can review the data again and go back to tactics (bottom left) and make changes. IMO I now need to read the "Dressing Room" page as essentially start second half and I need to make any tactical adjustments before that where I have access to the information I want."

Do you know if this works regarding the team talk to tactics and back to team talk screens? I assume not.

It is ludicrous that this has been altered in this way this year. There are some bizarre UI changes in FM21. I suppose it is all part of the change to the match UI, but I don't mind the match screen. I mind the little changes to the UI in other areas that just don't make sense, they just skimp on years of FM development Not being able to move between screens at half time, no way to look at past chat histories with a player.

Of course, I bugged both but they are both falling down the bug forum pages because they don't appear to have been acknowledged by SI. An acknowledgement to say SI are aware of them would be nice. I don't like to bump threads, but I'm considering it.

I want to start a long term save, but I can't with the UI as it is in these areas. It bugs me and ruins my enjoyment of the game. Let's hope we get patch 1 soon, and that they do fix these UI issues.

Anyone remember when patch 1 was last year?

Think I might go back to my Koper save from FM20. It's a shame that I don't get to enjoy the great FM21 match engine, but I had few qualms with FM20's engine anyway. Play that and Cyberpunk and hopefully FM will be compatible with my FM OCD by then. It's a shame the UI has gone backwards in areas. I appreciate we've all suffered covid, but to remove options seems baffling to me.

Edited by anagain