Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, He can't believe he's missed it said:

the keepers and cb's just launch it long over the top, the striker will take an immaculate touch regardless of attributes and then it's just down to success rate on scoring the 1v1.

Absolutely, I mentioned it back a page or two, I see that a lot. The control is absolutely crazy & defenders seem absolutely dumbfounded by it. I chucked a young striker into the U-18's because he couldn't hit a barn door in the first team & he scored an over the shoulder volley which was insane  

I might report it later if I find the energy , hope I can dig that volley out 

4 hours ago, deefus said:

Is this broken for everyone or just a few cases?

If I didn't start in the Premier League will this be an issue for me?

I don't want to continue my save from the National League if when I (hopefully) get to the Premier League the game is unplayable.

I'm sorry but I don't know. I might even be wrong that it's the same issue. I just saw that thread on the front page and thought it looked like a similar issue. It is true to say that not every bug fix is save safe.

I had a save going in beta for FM20 that I carried on right through till maybe August. The Welsh league Cup was broken and so was geographical sorting in the Welsh second tier. That remained the case for the entirety of the 5 or 6 seasons that I managed. It didn't really massively effect my save though. If there was a chance that PL fixtures could be broken later in my save then I'd probably start again with the fix.

You'll soon get in to a new save, and it's not like you don't have near a year to enjoy it before FM21.

1 hour ago, Os said:

I understand there may be bugs with new features that are added but to find bugs with existing features that worked perfectly well before is a little puzzling.

You might like to include examples with that. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's kind of hard to say whether you are truly right or wrong when you just say there's bugs.

This is a feedback thread, but there's literally nothing SI can do with that feedback if you don't elaborate.

It's like going to a mechanic and when he asks what is wrong with your car you say "it's broken".

If you honestly believe you found a bug then report it, and report as much as possible about it.

16 minutes ago, anagain said:

You might like to include examples with that. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's kind of hard to say whether you are truly right or wrong when you just say there's bugs.

This is a feedback thread, but there's literally nothing SI can do with that feedback if you don't elaborate.

It's like going to a mechanic and when he asks what is wrong with your car you say "it's broken".

If you honestly believe you found a bug then report it, and report as much as possible about it.

I have reported it around a week ago.

p.s: No recognition from Si up to now.

Edited by Os

4 minutes ago, Pav_Makarov said:

I have already. You (and others) can support the case with pkms, cause I'm mostly getting ignored in bugs forum

These are driving me nuts - so I might add some of my own pkm's - if I don't go back to FM19 tonight - I'm debating!!

14 hours ago, CaptCanuck said:

Cool you've come around to the UI, that definitely makes things more enjoyable, hopefully I can gain some of that positivity in time :)

Have you not suffered from any of the issues with team/player analysis and setting up player instructions?

I did originally mate. but I'm finding easier to use now. 

I have had a go at SI plenty times in the past for the state of previous versions but fair play to them this year they've made a perfect game. :D 

xG ruined this game. Because now every result has to be in line with the xG we have games more often then not with zero highlights no matter what you do. Playing with Barca and you need a goal..well not going to happen because your xG is 1.46 so you will see 45 minute half with absolutely nothing, switch to attack to 3 strikers to very attacking to 2 defenders,do anything..no highlight because we need the game to finish 1-1.

Also very low number of golas scored across the leagues. 31 games played, I scored 55 goals and Real M scored 60 goals. We are two of the highest scoring teams in the league. Premier legaue, Liverpool 1st place..35 games and 61 goal scored. Bayern M, 32 games and 58 goals scored. Juventus 45 goals in 31 matches and 1st place in the league!

Is this ok, I feel this is a problem.

3 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Absolutely, I mentioned it back a page or two, I see that a lot. The control is absolutely crazy & defenders seem absolutely dumbfounded by it. I chucked a young striker into the U-18's because he couldn't hit a barn door in the first team & he scored an over the shoulder volley which was insane  

I might report it later if I find the energy , hope I can dig that volley out 

I was wondering if the obvious step-late reacting defenders on long balls is a side-effect of trying to get short/mid length through balls more into the game?

I am seeing way more nice interchanges outside the 18yd box, ending with a decisive pass to send in a cutting winger or striker, with the same tactic and with a less talented team than in FM20, for instance.

That 1/2 second freeze on the backline in tight is less perceptible, due to the closer spacing and quicker movements - while that 1/2 second freeze becomes a full second freeze on long balls and therefore really obviously a cudgel in the ME to give the attacker an advantage?

5 hours ago, mp_87 said:

The recruitment meeting is a thumbs down, I'm afraid. Both from UI perspective and the mechanics of it. Click the wrong thing and it just kills the meeting, and the whole process of it in general just seems bad. Fiddly to change the topics of the meeting, poor options/answers/input from the AI, and when you set a first focus always seems to use all my scouts so you then cant set any more (heaven forbid for instance I need a striker and a defender) , so after the meeting you just go and undo all this and set individual assignments for your scouts to do it properly.

This needs much more polish to it. 

Agreed, just a prompt asking if you want to end the meeting before closing it would be an improvement.

Em 06/12/2020 em 14:41, LolloViola disse:

This. Losing what happens on the pitch to know a goal has been scored somewhere without even the option to disable it, forcing to zoom out... what a nonsense.

Absolutely agree. I tried to use it during first hours and noted that reactions are quite identical, moreover translation or relation between gesture and speech is so generally inaccurate and you notice it by what text remains "available" when you select the gesture.

I'm starting to ask myself what is the sense of having a feedback thread if the so high % of posts describing poor choices, nonsenses and bugs of this new UI gets completely ignored.

You cant even DISABLE it..damn, i cant believe it...this season was tough to SI Team....

14 minutes ago, SmurfDude said:

Has anyone ever seen a slide tackle that actually wins possession back? They always seem to result in the ball going to another opposition player

Ya I've seen a fair few get scooped up by my players - sometimes they do ping pong around back to the attacking team and a bunch do go out fro corners and throws - but I've not seen anything too onesided to this point.

someone help me please I need it quick, when I go onto the store, it says “the store cannot be accessed if the game has a manager under a different GamingSDK ID” what does this mean and how do I get rid of it

In my opinion SI should spend the whole time designated for FM22 ME working on defence. Everyone kept whining about the one-on-ones on FM20 so now we have hockey scores in every game in FM21. Your semi-pro striker finishes like world class player but your semi-pro defender is still a POS. The problem has been the defence the whole time! Stopping the creation of so many one-on-ones before you give better finishing on them.

3 minutes ago, SWFCWILL69 said:

someone help me please I need it quick, when I go onto the store, it says “the store cannot be accessed if the game has a manager under a different GamingSDK ID” what does this mean and how do I get rid of it

anyone? i use Xbox btw

Even I've told there is no way I will buy FM 2021, I couldn't resist.. And..

Well, first time, after five FM Editions, I am having fun.

I am trying not to think about bugs, about what is realistic anymore and what is not, I am just enjoying my strikers smashing goals. 

I  will turn off automatic game updates now, maybe they will fix my "fun" with new patches.

17 hours ago, Mikal said:

sorry, but this is not what I was referring to. 

the heat map and passing network do not show up correctly at all. I don't mind the "added realism" of not constantly being able to consult the analysis, but I cannot stand that neither the heat map nor the passing network, two critical aspects of my tactical analysis, do not work. they are completely broken.

look at how useless this heat map is, might as well not even be in the game as it literally just shows you their tactical formation, something found elsewhere in the game.

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 11.10.14 AM.png

Edited by bielsadidnothingwrong
added screen shot

7 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

If penalties aren't an accurate representation of player attributes then what else isn't and why? 

That depends on what the coders would define as "accurate". Assuming they are targeting for an average conversion over dozens of penalties for an average taker on their level of ~76% (which is pretty much the average penalty conversion). Then it's a case of defining what the lower end of the spectrum should convert and what the higher. In football over dozens of attempts (not merely 20-30, sample size and all), the elite kickers regularly tacking kicks eventually convert roughly 85% of their pens mostly. Would be an interesting long-term test, but what SI are targeting is wholly up to them.

I think anybody going into this expecting a lowly rated kicker to long-term miss like half or 1/3 of his pens is not what they have ever been targeting (that "As soon as a player is loaded from the db, he is by definition a football player" quote). Same as a higher rated one shouldn't ever miss over the short to mid-term, as that is obviously not happening (and arguably shouldn't, see Barcelona's subpar records in between 2015-2016 for two seasons on the bounce).

I very much agree that your keeper shouldn't continue converting at his 85% rates, either way. It should come down some significantly, eventually, and he should now consider himself really "lucky" given his relative lack of skill. OT now though, so one for SI. :D 

Edited by Svenc

36 minutes ago, Tuoppi said:

In my opinion SI should spend the whole time designated for FM22 ME working on defence. Everyone kept whining about the one-on-ones on FM20 so now we have hockey scores in every game in FM21. Your semi-pro striker finishes like world class player but your semi-pro defender is still a POS. The problem has been the defence the whole time! Stopping the creation of so many one-on-ones before you give better finishing on them.

From memory I did make a ton of 1v1 chances in 2020 only for them to be missed 9/10 times, so the main difference I'm seeing in a lower league save is the conversion of these chances, plenty of games finishing 4-4, 4-5 ect, even saw a 6-5 on one occasion. Most CPU controlled teams select a flat 4-5-1 with defensive roles and settings apart from a poacher up front, so there were plenty of bad strikers in bad teams getting 25+ goals in a 32 game season due to long balls pumped into the channel which just kill the defenders.

Defence absolutely needs to be improved, but I fear a patch which simply tones down finishing and bumps up set piece effectiveness which essentially takes us back to the ME from last year.

Just noticed that schedules on all leagues for season 21-22 are still shifted like in a COVID year, there goes my save I guess. Does anyone know if they actually had a fix for that and if they did, do I have to start a new save? Or I just should drop this till first major update is here and until then just do something else with my time. 

20 hours ago, mikcheck said:

I know that it's said that ME wasn't touched from beta to full release, but I feel that the more I play, the more it looks like I'm playing with the FM20 ME, it's really weird. It's getting rare to see a central play goal and more and more wing play happening. Let's take a look at this two separate save files from the same save I'm doing with Inter, specifically assists and goals type. The tactic remained unchanged.

Save file date - 26/11/20 (only two days after full version and I only played a few matches after release there, so was basically beta version games):

884519742_tipoassbeta.jpg.d7c3f9869830c669ae9d9d82e5e45306.jpg   320133641_golosbeta.jpg.d424e8f80d75c232e89cb2c05a4a0000.jpg

Save file date - 7/12/20:

355345267_tipoass.jpg.4da3452424630fb6b19073a33e51d78e.jpg  golso.jpg.67076244165128ad5747fb921afaf247.jpg

As you can see, there's is a notorious difference, much more crosses. I'd really like to believe that there were no ME changes, but honestly, it's hard to believe that.

I don't want to sound rude or anything, because I know that there were no direct ME changes, but It's my experience from the many games I've played in these past days.

I'd like to know if anyone else noticed the same thing?

I'm the exact same as you. No changes from my beta tactic but the central/variety of play that I loved so much seems non-existent now. Really frustrating because the monotonous ME was what put me off FM20 and I thought they fixed it with FM21 but it doesn't feel like it ever since the full release

They have broken cb ratings, in league 2 all the top ratings by average are cb. this then made all the candidates for top player award cbs. I recommend SI to kinda address this 😅 also checking the top average ratings for the league 14/15 top players by this are centre backs only one(8th) is a winger.. conclusion fix this 

99B73C88-AABB-43E3-AC48-042A2D834FEC.jpeg

EC1C6FC2-8820-4A7A-A9AD-3D7D65262B27.jpeg

Edited by aarankahlon8
Poor grammar

6 hours ago, luka_zg said:

xG ruined this game. Because now every result has to be in line with the xG we have games more often then not with zero highlights no matter what you do. Playing with Barca and you need a goal..well not going to happen because your xG is 1.46 so you will see 45 minute half with absolutely nothing, switch to attack to 3 strikers to very attacking to 2 defenders,do anything..no highlight because we need the game to finish 1-1.

Also very low number of golas scored across the leagues. 31 games played, I scored 55 goals and Real M scored 60 goals. We are two of the highest scoring teams in the league. Premier legaue, Liverpool 1st place..35 games and 61 goal scored. Bayern M, 32 games and 58 goals scored. Juventus 45 goals in 31 matches and 1st place in the league!

Hope that you are joking here as this is not how the game works. The scoreline will end 1-1 with or without xG. xG to put it simply is just a translation of on pitch performance into numbers. If football is merely a game of 1+1=2 then yeah you play with 3 strikers up top you will get a goal. 

The CB and GKs passing to forwards like they were Pirlo is annoying me. Didn't see that in the Beta, defenders would clear the ball but instead of going to the fwd it would go to the opposite cbs or out. That was fine, is expected.

Also the wingers smashing the ball all the time in the defender and get a corner it's also very annoying, another thing that I personally didn't see that much in the beta. This is "under review" now in the bug forum so I hope they fix it.

Finally, I think passing is kind of overrated. Players are very accurate in the final third, where skill should matter the most. Maybe this is just a personal impression. I see a lot of "underground" football and through passes do occur, but most of the times they re inaccurate or blocked by a defender. And if not, the forward loses some time controlling the ball, which gives defender one second to recompose and defend again. Now almost any striker control the ball like Messi, no matter the skills. Which makes through ball far more dangerous, because usually they're very accurate and defenders don't block them.

Those are my main concerns over the ME. Otherwise I really like it! I think it has changed over the beta (even if SI claims they didn't, maybe some other thing is affecting it). I'm waiting for the next update before starting my saves for the year for now, also to see if they address some bugs in the game (like the newgens bugs and some bugs in the editor). Most of them are reported and being analysed, so my hope is high :)

Has anyone yet worked out how to see how your team have responded to touchline shouts? In FM2020 it was obvious, there match panel display clearly showed the player reaction to the shouts (fired up, overwhelmed etc.), however in FM2021 there appears to be no obvious way to see how your players have responded to your shouts?

6 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Has anyone yet worked out how to see how your team have responded to touchline shouts? In FM2020 it was obvious, there match panel display clearly showed the player reaction to the shouts (fired up, overwhelmed etc.), however in FM2021 there appears to be no obvious way to see how your players have responded to your shouts?

You can see their reactions on their individual button on the player list across the bottom of the screen.

19 hours ago, luka_zg said:

Anybody ever seen VAR check let the goal stand? It's always disallowed.

It was like this in FM2020, every VAR check for a foul was given, and every VAR check for offside was given as offside. In 21 seasons I didn't have a single VAR check that didn't fall this way.

Sometimes the ref would run along to the monitor in the middle of the pitch, just to prolong the tension, but VAR always resulted in the same decision -

VAR is it a penalty? - it's a penalty
VAR is it offside? - it's offside
VAR is it inside or outside the box? - It's outside

The VAR is a token gesture to VAR, it's not realistic. As soon as you see VAR called you know what the result will be.

4 minuti fa, jim5000 ha scritto:

Through the little smilies at on the bench? I thought this might be the case, but seeing a player going from :-\ to :-| or :-| to :-)  doesn't seem to have the same impact as seeing 'player is fired up' or 'player is overwhelmed'. It just seems another way where the visual impact of management decision is made more difficult to mentally process.

I would love it if in the next patch, SI introduces the ability to view team meetings and feedback in the original list format rather than the 'in the room'  or 'on the bench' format. There's a reason why lists have persisted in software for presenting information for 30+ years: they are very easy to visually process, especially on a busy background like a picture of an office or a picture of a dressing room.

The 'bench' format doesn't even make sense for players that are actually on the pitch.........

Agree. New "emoticons" are useless, you have to stare at them and try to understand. But they are at the Bottom of the screen, so in the same time you have to watch them and Watch the dugout

So it's pretty much impossible to get some kind of reasonable cohesive rating at part time level, especially with a packed schedule I'm seeing a lot of weeks with no training opportunities. The delayed start meant we played around 12 friendlies, so the total game count is now up to 30 games using largely the same starting XI and still the "cohesivity" is showing as poor and it results in some garbage on the pitch.

Does anyone know if CPU teams have the same issues or if they somehow get a more favourable start even when it's a new team with 10/15 new signings?

"I'm going to wait until you have made an offer before revealing my client's demands!" is too common in FM21. I have approached many players this offseason and nearly all of them have agents who greeted me with that opening. This is a problem not only because it's impossible to guess what they want but more so that it requires me to fill in all of the clauses and bonuses that I think they might want -- and that's not particularly fun for a game.

My second bit of feedback regarding transfers is that the prices clubs set for loan wages (and fees) and the wage demands of players are far too dependent on how much room you have remaining in your wage budget. The market should dictate what I have to pay for these players, not how much room I have remaining in my budget (which no one else should know).

Edited by Overmars

Apologies if this has already been raised but I've had a look around and can't see it posted anywhere. The world cup 2022 scheduling has lead to me playing some teams at home twice and some teams away twice in the league. Now I'm about to play Bournemouth at home in the league twice in 5 days......

image.png.e4037eed15b368004156c342eadcfdcf.png

8 hours ago, Tuoppi said:

Except we don't if anything teams are underscoring from literally every save I've had (I've played around 10 seasons).

Every time the AI has scored something pathetic like 60 goals in a 38 game season to finish second!

Even people who claimed to have seen loads of goals posted screenshots and yep the AI was massively underscoring.

1 hour ago, Overmars said:

"I'm going to wait until you have made an offer before revealing my client's demands!" is too common in FM21. I have approached many players this offseason and nearly all of them have agents who greeted me with that opening. This is a problem not only because it's impossible to guess what they want but more so that it requires me to fill in all of the clauses and bonuses that I think they might want -- and that's not particularly fun for a game.

My second bit of feedback regarding transfers is that the prices clubs set for loan wages (and fees) and the wage demands of players are far too dependent on how much room you have remaining in your wage budget. The market should dictate what I have to pay for these players, not how much room I have remaining in my budget (which no one else should know).

Just ask your assman to do it. He is never particularly close but it saves you doing it.

13 hours ago, luka_zg said:

I dunno, there are a lot of people complaining about it, but also quite a few people experiencing to the contrary.

In my United save, 1st Season, ~25 games in - 7 teams have 40 or more goals. 2 teams have 50 plus. La Liga, around 23 games in, Barca and Real have 47 and 40 goals each. Next is Atleti at 34.

Similar with Bundesliga, ~22 games in, Dortmund with 41, Leipzig with 40 and Bayern with 35. Serie A, Juve have 39 Goals with 23 matches, followed by Napoli at 38 and Milan at 37.

4 hours ago, jim5000 said:

2 minutes ago, Sherkey said:

I dunno, there are a lot of people complaining about it, but also quite a few people experiencing to the contrary.

In my United save, 1st Season, ~25 games in - 7 teams have 40 or more goals. 2 teams have 50 plus. La Liga, around 23 games in, Barca and Real have 47 and 40 goals each. Next is Atleti at 34.

Similar with Bundesliga, ~22 games in, Dortmund with 41, Leipzig with 40 and Bayern with 35. Serie A, Juve have 39 Goals with 23 matches, followed by Napoli at 38 and Milan at 37.

25 games in 40 goals is barely 1.5 goals per game that's really not a lot.

Your top teams generally average around 2 a game.

Really top teams get over that Liverpool scored more 80 last season Manchester City more than 100.

So yeah what you are actually saying here is attacks are under powered.

The attacks are over powered crowd are just absolutely clueless as to what is realistic.

Bayern scored 100

Dortmund scored 84

Leipzig scored 81 

Last season in the real life Bundesliga.

So to use your above examples of supposed over scoring attacks are over powered ridiculousness.

Bayern will get around 54 goals or 46 less than IRL.

Dortmund will get around 63 goals or 21 less than IRL

Leipzig will get around 61 goals or 20 less than IRL.

So essentially you spent a lot of time proving yourself utterly wrong congrats...now can we get defences nerfed to make it more realistic please!

5 hours ago, RioImmagina said:

Agree. New "emoticons" are useless, you have to stare at them and try to understand. But they are at the Bottom of the screen, so in the same time you have to watch them and Watch the dugout

Don't forget checking notable events on the left to see of you have anyone booked, cause that's never shown as highlights, lol