Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, penza said:

So frustrating they don’t allow us to play the beta ME, back in the day they allowed us to install any update we wanted to, don’t get how this is any different. 

I believe the changes we all see in the ME are because of things changed outside of it - which would have been part of the full release, along with several bug fixes - so I'm not sure it would have worked this time around.  However, I very much agree with the sentiment - was loving playing the beta; now, not so much...

2 hours ago, Caletti said:

I have read previous posts and maybe ME has not been changed very much but other things that affected it have changed. Despite the same tactics, commands and players, the team plays differently. Again there are a lot of pointless dribbles, passes between the mid-backs and the midfields. Things that indirectly influenced ME have been changed and no one will convince me otherwise.

100% agree here.  To us as customers, it matters not if the ME was changed and caused us to have a very different, and less enjoyable, ME experience - or if the changes were outside of the ME and impacting what we see.  The bottom line is what we see in the ME now is not as good and that is what we are feeding back (and noticeable that the feedback is far less positive now than during the beta).

@JunkheadWhat i hate about their patch-policy is that if it's aroud March / till June or so and the next release is soon.. And current game has a 'game-breaking' bug. They won't patch it until next version. FM19 and FM20 the defender would often double press leaving a man unmarked, etc. Or do not head long balls. Would be awesome if they patched that as well. It's just kind of customer unfriendly.

Anyway. I changed my Wingbacks to Complete Wingbacks Support. Noticed I have less blocked shots cause they do not go to byline much, they tend to run/dribble less and actually pass with sense and logical tihnking, lol. It's not ideal but it helps. 

Edited by RinusFM

8 hours ago, francis#17 said:

Being a company is nothing to do with it as their are companies with this business model that are extremely successful such as Civilization. Really you want to know what the impact on the finances of the company would be.

Regardless my post said this is nothing to do with finances as we have no idea of what the financial implications would be. I'm talking purely about what would make a better game for the users while following other successful business models. If you dont think it would lead to a better game for the users then fair enough though.

So you think it's such a great idea but wave away probably one of the biggest barriers to them doing it?  Aye, ok.

It's such an easy thing to say, but with little to back it up.  I can get why people think along the lines of "more time = better game", but it just isn't that simple.  Extending the cycle probably doesn't really give you that much benefit.  You double the length of each cycle, but you're also - presumably - delivering more.  So say you skip FM22, 23 and release 24, I'd expect that product would look and play largely the same as it would have had you still released the interim versions too.  Not to mention that it would likely sink them financially to have no income for three years while they worked on a product that probably wouldn't be much better anyway.

Because you know what?  They probably have people working on longer cycles. To make the strides forward they likely have planned, you don't just rock up in January and start on the next game.  They'll have short, medium and long term goals planend for many editions time, and the major ones are probably already being worked on.  They know what they're doing, it's easy to see that even from the outside as a developer.

37 minutes ago, penza said:

So frustrating they don’t allow us to play the beta ME, back in the day they allowed us to install any update we wanted to, don’t get how this is any different. 

Because supporting one ME is many, many times less complex than supporting whatever MEs people fancy using at the time.

@RinusFM I don't know enough about their development cycles or business to make an informed response to why that is. However I believe that if it was viable, it would happen.

I assume that being a relatively small team means that there has to be an internal cut off due to ensure the next version is released in line with their contract with the publisher.

I think it's probably a double edge sword - the longer they work on one version, the less time there is to get the next one finished.

15 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Struggling with the negativity re. patches, got to be honest. 

I have never known a games company like SI that is as transparent with it's customers when it comes to bugs and the like. They might exist as I am not a "gamer" in the true sense of the word nowadays due to time constraints, but gaming has been my main past time and I have owned most major consoles and a game capable pc for something around 30 years.

Before the release they were quite open about the affect of covid on their operation and the game, and asked for patience. Of course it is down to individual choice if that patience is rewarded, but personally given the tens of thousands of hours their game has given me over the last 30 years, they will be getting it from me.

I don't believe SI have purposefully released a game with bugs in it, and my gut tells me that it would have been put back further if it had been solely up to them (although of course I don't know).

I too am disappointed that there is - let's be honest - a long term game breaking issue in the game. I would be playing far more if there wasn't but I, like many, am holding back. I log onto the forum daily hoping to see that a hotfix is out.

But at the same time, as disappointed as I am, I appreciate that working practices and environments have been massively interrupted at times over the last 10 months in the UK, and that a fair bit of the work need on this version in respect of competition rules etc was completely unexpected until at least halfway through the development cycle for this version.

I have posted similar in other threads and been accused, ridiculously, of being paid by SI or being a "fan boy". I am neither of those things. I just believe that given their consistency, their transparency and their passion for their product, SI deserve a level of patience during these completely unprecedented times.

They will get that from me. They are human beings trying to do the best they can at the end of the day. I want them to release the patch as soon as possible, and hope that is soon. And each to their own. But those setting them time limits under the threat of "never buying the game again" are literally cutting their noses off to spite their faces.

They are doing their best. They are open about the fact it's an issue. 

The full game have been out for three weeks.

You said it yourself, you aren't that much of a gamer. There are companies out there who are equally transparent and even better. Pushing roadmaps out, Q&As and doing a lot of that. I play a small tycoon game named Parkitect and the dev just asks stuff such "what do you want?" and half year later we got a very programming heavy feature that is super unique in the genre. 

That's just an example, but I do agree SI do things just fine a things considered. Valve for example just shuts up, ignore everything and cashes in all the money. 

It's just the lack of competition that holds this general genre of sportsgames back imo. FIFA, Pes, FM you name it. FIFA almost has a monopoly and FM has it. 

The competition argument is another that's way overused.  If SI were sitting back and doing nothing for most of the year, or not adding any new features, or missing huge innovations in the genre, fine.  But that isn't the case.  We're essentially reaching feature saturation, with the only real avenue being refining existing features.  But suddenly having competition isn't going to give them time, and time is what they're going to need to go after things like significantly improving the AI across the board, or building a completely new match engine, or whatever.  So do they just get a bigger team?  With what money?  This competition would likely mean they'd be pulling in less money than before.

14 minutes ago, forameuss said:

So you think it's such a great idea but wave away probably one of the biggest barriers to them doing it?  Aye, ok.

Yes because it's a thought experiment that was meant to be a bit of fun talking about, not something serious, maybe because of a lot of the negativity in this thread it got misconstrued. Btw I'm not even criticising SI here, overall I think they do a really good job and the FM series is a great series. The game is used by the actual football industry which says a lot. 

Your other point about the product looking the same, I think it largely would look the same in terms of numbers of features but I would imagine each feature would be more polished. Completely agree with the short, medium and long term goals but they are still restricted by the fixed and inflexible November release date where they have to release some new features. With additional content downloads it would be much more flexible which allows them to spend that extra week or month on a feature that's needed.

Just now, forameuss said:

The competition argument is another that's way overused.  If SI were sitting back and doing nothing for most of the year, or not adding any new features, or missing huge innovations in the genre, fine.  But that isn't the case.  We're essentially reaching feature saturation, with the only real avenue being refining existing features.  But suddenly having competition isn't going to give them time, and time is what they're going to need to go after things like significantly improving the AI across the board, or building a completely new match engine, or whatever.  So do they just get a bigger team?  With what money?  This competition would likely mean they'd be pulling in less money than before.

Competition is always good. In every industry. What do you mean overused? It's been proven time and time again competition drives innovation. I'm not saying SI don't innovate but a competitor will always help pushing forward the genre. 

Talking about money, SI have a game that sells millions of copies, is available on multiple platforms and releases yearly. I would be very surprised if SI lack finances. 

21 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

You said it yourself, you aren't that much of a gamer. There are companies out there who are equally transparent and even better. Pushing roadmaps out, Q&As and doing a lot of that. I play a small tycoon game named Parkitect and the dev just asks stuff such "what do you want?" and half year later we got a very programming heavy feature that is super unique in the genre. 

That's just an example, but I do agree SI do things just fine a things considered. Valve for example just shuts up, ignore everything and cashes in all the money. 

It's just the lack of competition that holds this general genre of sportsgames back imo. FIFA, Pes, FM you name it. FIFA almost has a monopoly and FM has it. 

Yeah, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. mean, I don't play games 100% of my free time because I'm 40 and have other responsibilities. I also work 50 hours a week. But i spend literally hundreds of pounds a year on games and consoles and have done since the early 90s. Even at 40, games across 4 consoles are what I get for most birthdays and xmases, and what I spend most of my spare cash on. So I think the one line you took and ran with was slightly off point.

That one example you have given sounds great, but how common is it, really? Not only that, there is a feature request forum here which does the same, effectively. And one of the features of this year's game was put to a vote on social media.

FIFA is an interesting one because it is fair to say they have a bit of a monopoly. I bought FIFA 20 for Xbox in May as I was bored during lockdown. It had been out 8 months. There was a bug on it which meant that the la Liga overlay sat over the top of the match which rendered that league unplayable. It had been like that for 8 months from what I understand.

PES is the other example. They of course released a "season update" this year which is still priced at about the same price point you can get FM at, despite the fact FM has also added new features.

Not only that, SI have been this transparent for 20 odd years.

Let's be honest, for every fair counter argument there is, there are three at the opposite end. Take something like No Man's Sky for example. Completely different kettle of fish, but that is an ACTUAL unfinished product.

Edited by Junkhead
Spelling

3 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

Your other point about the product looking the same, I think it largely would look the same in terms of numbers of features but I would imagine each feature would be more polished. Completely agree with the short, medium and long term goals but they are still restricted by the fixed and inflexible November release date where they have to release some new features. With additional content downloads it would be much more flexible which allows them to spend that extra week or month on a feature that's needed.

But where is the time they'd need to polish?  If you're agreeing that there would be the same number of features, then they'd probably be getting the same level of testing they would have done anyway.  In fact, probably less, because instead of having a couple of rounds of being used in the retail version, you'd only have beta testing at best.  That's the problem.  Like I said, I can see why on the surface it looks like a no-brainer, but it's more likely to hinder than it is to help.

31 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

Competition is always good. In every industry. What do you mean overused? It's been proven time and time again competition drives innovation. I'm not saying SI don't innovate but a competitor will always help pushing forward the genre. 

Talking about money, SI have a game that sells millions of copies, is available on multiple platforms and releases yearly. I would be very surprised if SI lack finances. 

I don't imagine they're sitting rolling in money the way the likes of EA or AAA developers are.  Not saying they're putting 50p in the meter each night, but I expect most of their income gets funneled straight back into development.  They keep a relatively small team, which must be for one of two reasons - either it's not cost effective to grow the team, or it's not going to be efficient to.  And above all, they have a finite amount of time each cycle to develop.  Is competition going to change any of that?  It could just as easily lead to a less stable product as they rush and cut corners to try and get something out.  

I think the competition argument works if you're a company that has a lot of room to improve, and has ultimately stagnated.  Having someone come in and do their job better and threaten their spot could lead them to using their time better and ultimately improving.  But I'm not sure that's the case here.  I get that it's usually a valid argument, but I'm not sure it's as effective as the number of times it's called out here.

This game was so close to brilliance during the beta, with a match engine that was incredibly fun. Now we are back to the FM20 slugfest of corners, blocked crosses  and no plays in the middle.

The beta was perhaps the best 2 weeks of FM I've ever had. What happened?

14 minutes ago, forameuss said:

I don't imagine they're sitting rolling in money the way the likes of EA or AAA developers are.  Not saying they're putting 50p in the meter each night, but I expect most of their income gets funneled straight back into development.  They keep a relatively small team, which must be for one of two reasons - either it's not cost effective to grow the team, or it's not going to be efficient to.  And above all, they have a finite amount of time each cycle to develop.  Is competition going to change any of that?  It could just as easily lead to a less stable product as they rush and cut corners to try and get something out.  

I think the competition argument works if you're a company that has a lot of room to improve, and has ultimately stagnated.  Having someone come in and do their job better and threaten their spot could lead them to using their time better and ultimately improving.  But I'm not sure that's the case here.  I get that it's usually a valid argument, but I'm not sure it's as effective as the number of times it's called out here.

Money wise, it wouldn't surprise me if the licensing costs weren't a constant parasitic drain on SI's resources.  Having said that, you only have to look through the suggested features pages to see where the game could be developed much further in ways that aren't just reskinning existing features. Part of the problem is undoubtedly meeting expectations for a new release on a yearly cycle, but it also feels like lots of things that could be done with the game and be welcomed by the player base are excluded from consideration because of a straitjacket of purity about what a football manager can and can't do.

Having said that. I accept that FM is what it is and I enjoy it every year regardless (FM20's appalling ME excepted)

Edited by rp1966

1 minute ago, diLLa88 said:

This game was so close to brilliance during the beta, with a match engine that was incredibly fun. Now we are back to the FM20 slugfest of corners, blocked crosses  and no plays in the middle.

Nothing happened to the ME. People have to get this idea out of their heads. I dont know how many times SI have said this. Also sample size...

Just now, Double0Seven said:

Nothing happened to the ME. People have to get this idea out of their heads. I dont know how many times SI have said this. Also sample size...

Well, something must have happened. The games look nowhere near the same as during the beta ME.

1 minute ago, Double0Seven said:

Yes it did. Both directly and indirectly.

Directly, they changed defending to better handle 3 striker scenarios - it is quite likely that this is also affecting any narrow IF-ST-IF formation forcing more wing play (more crosses into defenders)

Indirectly, they also tweaked the effects of morale being fed into the ME - to "reduce a boost to the human player" which will also have affected play. (more mistakes? braindead decision making? ME20isms)

This was all in Jack Joyce's post earlier in this thread. 

55 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

Agree on the whole but the game was too easy. Don't think I lost a match over 100 hours in the beta.

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

I mean they didn't even bother to fix and upgrade match engine of FM 19, FM 20 till they got a conpetitor which is their own community lol because the community some how make the match engine seems better. Now they do in fact make a big improvement in term of match engine, if it not because of the community they didn't even bother to fix it as they "claimed" the ME is as realistic as it can be and have no issue at all in term of central play and finishing ( till they make it more realistic with FM21 lol)

8 minutes ago, Hzano123 said:

I mean they didn't even bother to fix and upgrade match engine of FM 19, FM 20 till they got a conpetitor which is their own community lol because the community some how make the match engine seems better. Now they do in fact make a big improvement in term of match engine, if it not because of the community they didn't even bother to fix it as they "claimed" the ME is as realistic as it can be and have no issue at all in term of central play and finishing ( till they make it more realistic with FM21 lol)

It's quite rich to crow about them "claiming" it's realistic when you're triumphing a fan-made "update" doing the exact opposite.  It's almost like it completely torpedoes any argument you might have had.

15 hours ago, Caletti said:

I hope you are wrong and we get big patch earlier. I'm really angry. Another year we get uincomplete and bugged game and we must wait 2-3 months to fix that. It's a not funny joke about players paying full price for an incomplete product

just imagine how those who bought cyberpunk feel.

it's the state of the industry at the moment. money above everything else.

21 minutes ago, forameuss said:

It's quite rich to crow about them "claiming" it's realistic when you're triumphing a fan-made "update" doing the exact opposite.  It's almost like it completely torpedoes any argument you might have had.

My argument is a healthy competition will do us no harm, i felt that they get "intimidated" by the work of the fan in term of ME that year (FM20). So they work extra hard on this one and the beta ME version is a proof that they can do way better in previous years (FM 18,19,20) as those year they only put minimal effort on the ME. Just ignore me, this is a feedback thread after all

10 minutes ago, duesouth said:

Part of the quote from SI on what was changed in the last patch was "external factors we identified that filtered through to the matchday".

Getting pretty fed up with giving honest feedback from what I see in the ME in my saves and people saying nothing changed in the ME.  Strictly, nothing major was changed in the ME - but external factors were changed and they 100% have had a massive impact on what I, and many others, see in the ME.  Am I not seeing the long punts, keepers often kicking it too each other, the poor defending from said long punts, the countless blocked crosses?  Did I not see my beta save change like someone flipped a switch?  I don't really care where the change was made - I do care that my ME experience in the beta was amazing - I loved playing every day.  Now, it's really frustrating and I went back to FM19 yesterday - and boy that thing moves like a tortoise compared to FM21!

Every version from 18-20 move like tortoise compare to FM 21 lol. SI has my praise when it come to optimize the game this year, run much faster between days is such a blessing

According to my 2 posts, it seems that over 100 people agree that they prefer the old match UI so i hope the dev will bring it back and in addition fix or check the analysis during and after a match in the game because most statistics like dribble, movement, passes, ... do not seem to work/recorded properly.

33 minutes ago, Hzano123 said:

According to my 2 posts, it seems that over 100 people agree that they prefer the old match UI so i hope the dev will bring it back and in addition fix or check the analysis during and after a match in the game because most statistics like dribble, movement, passes, ... do not seem to work/recorded properly.

Because these 100 people symbolize the whole playerbase, sure.

The thing I can't understand is, why don't SI just give every player the option to pick a match UI themselves? Like (well, not this year, but you get the idea) you were always able to choose which skin you want. Why can't we choose the 'old' match UI if we want to? It would solve a big problem and SI don't have to tell us 'some people like the new match UI' anymore. Is that not a great idea? Or is it just not possible. I bought FM21 but I've only played 7 hours so far and I haven't touched it in weeks, and the only thing keeping me from playing is the match UI, I just can't stand it. Please SI, I really miss FM, at least give everyone the option to choose instead of forcing new changes that weren't necessary at all...

Just now, Duckn said:

Because these 100 people symbolize the whole playerbase, sure.

I would love you to share your point of view on the post there then. Some of my friends and community have the same opinion as my post but because of languague barrier, they did not or couldn't bother to raise their voice here so i am just a middle man

4 minutes ago, hagedisboy said:

The thing I can't understand is, why don't SI just give every player the option to pick a match UI themselves? Like (well, not this year, but you get the idea) you were always able to choose which skin you want. Why can't we choose the 'old' match UI if we want to? It would solve a big problem and SI don't have to tell us 'some people like the new match UI' anymore. Is that not a great idea? Or is it just not possible. I bought FM21 but I've only played 7 hours so far and I haven't touched it in weeks, and the only thing keeping me from playing is the match UI, I just can't stand it. Please SI, I really miss FM, at least give everyone the option to choose instead of forcing new changes that weren't necessary at all...

Yeah i have the same problem as you, it so hard to look and navigate with the new match UI so that i just straight up not playing it and wait for fix or hopefully someone to convince me it's good lol.

7 minutes ago, WilltheWolf92 said:

It's a bit sad that no one of SI respons to the problems that people have with the ME.

They already have but people chose to ignore their words and craft their own narrative. The amount of people who say they clearly noticed something changed with the ME, yet so far everytime I ask them for some stats they cant back it up at all. If something clearly changed, pointing out a single stat for SI to look at is easily done. Not "yeah but my eyes saw this!!!" kind of arguments which arent useful. 

4 minutes ago, Hzano123 said:

I would love you to share your point of view on the post there then. Some of my friends and community have the same opinion as my post but because of languague barrier, they did not or couldn't bother to raise their voice here so i am just a middle man

You are missing the point and making it personal for no reason. 100 people isnt a sample size. At all. 

1 minute ago, Hzano123 said:

There are many who dislike the UI, no doubt at all. But there are probably way more who don't care much about the change or actually like it. Why do you think this feedback thread is almost entirely negative? Cuz the players who really enjoy the game, mostly playing it instead of going to the forums and voice their opinion.

Just now, Double0Seven said:

They already have but people chose to ignore their words and craft their own narrative. The amount of people who say they clearly noticed something changed with the ME, yet so far everytime I ask them for some stats they cant back it up at all. If something clearly changed, pointing out a single stat for SI to look at is easily done. Not "yeah but my eyes saw this!!!" kind of arguments which arent useful. 

You are missing the point and making it personal for no reason. 100 people isnt a sample size. At all. 

Sorry if i sound salty, i mean how much people on average go to forum to check and see for these posts? I know that a little over 100 is not a sample size at all. I just want to give out the little survey that i got in this forum and contribute the feedback of those 100 people to the dev here in this post that's all. 

I’m largely enjoying this edition but was wondering if there’s a way to limit the number of scouting reports that’s delivered to my inbox? 

Had a slight annoyance last night, I got promoted with Wednesday in my third season and got off to a decent start in the EPL, was 4th after 6 or so games. Then had a real tough run of fixtures; Spurs, Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool. Beat Spurs away 1-0, lost 2-0 against Chelsea and 1-0 against United and battered 3-0 at Liverpool. Was getting a bit of stick about this run in the press and even recommended to hold a team meeting to boost morale. This seemed ridiculous been mid table and 8 points above the drop zone with the lowest wage bill by far. 

7 minutes ago, Duckn said:

There are many who dislike the UI, no doubt at all. But there are probably way more who don't care much about the change or actually like it. Why do you think this feedback thread is almost entirely negative? Cuz the players who really enjoy the game, mostly playing it instead of going to the forums and voice their opinion.

People voice their opinion here for a reason and that is they want the game to be better (even thou some just bashing the dev with pointless statement like "ME suck" instead of providing the evidence and elaborately explain why that things bad). I glad some enjoy the current one but some are not and that's not the reason to ignore the people who have problem with certain aspect of the game. 

2 minutes ago, Hzano123 said:

People voice their opinion here for a reason and that is they want the game to be better (even thou some just bashing the dev with pointless statement like "ME suck" instead of providing the evidence and elaborately explain why that things bad). I glad some enjoy the current one but some are not and that's not the reason to ignore the people who have problem with certain aspect of the game. 

We don't know how many people like it, don't care or dislike it. So let say 200 people prefer the new UI compared to these a bit more over 100 people. You want that the UI to be changed, so the 100 people are satisfied again, but what happens with the now unhappy 200 people? Something might get changed back, because the minority wants it like this, don't think this is the right way.

1 minute ago, Duckn said:

We don't know how many people like it, don't care or dislike it. So let say 200 people prefer the new UI compared to these a bit more over 100 people. You want that the UI to be changed, so the 100 people are satisfied again, but what happens with the now unhappy 200 people? Something might get changed back, because the minority wants it like this, don't think this is the right way.

You are correct. That's what i also afraid that i am and some of those are the "loud minority". If your theory is true ( people enjoying the game mostly playing the game now and not care about what happen in the forum so that's why the result of my survey seem to be on my side) maybe i will comeback with a bigger sample size. 

15 minutes ago, Dronx said:

I’m largely enjoying this edition but was wondering if there’s a way to limit the number of scouting reports that’s delivered to my inbox? 

Had a slight annoyance last night, I got promoted with Wednesday in my third season and got off to a decent start in the EPL, was 4th after 6 or so games. Then had a real tough run of fixtures; Spurs, Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool. Beat Spurs away 1-0, lost 2-0 against Chelsea and 1-0 against United and battered 3-0 at Liverpool. Was getting a bit of stick about this run in the press and even recommended to hold a team meeting to boost morale. This seemed ridiculous been mid table and 8 points above the drop zone with the lowest wage bill by far. 

I think the better to look at the Team Meeting in a new light, that's what I have done since returning to the series. Historically it's always felt like a bit of a last roll of the dice, but I've have had more of these meetings in these versions, and I don't think it's unrealistic to potentially have that kind of conversation with your players. The keep your heads up type conversation might be the gentle morale boost you need ahead of a more winnable fixture, which might be all you need to get the undeserved media stick off your back.

I do agree though, there should be better consideration of schedule strength when it comes to form and media expectations/pressure.

1 hour ago, Hzano123 said:

Every version from 18-20 move like tortoise compare to FM 21 lol. SI has my praise when it come to optimize the game this year, run much faster between days is such a blessing

Until you get 3-4 seasons deep and it runs just the same. Saves much faster still!

2 hours ago, freddieos said:

Agree on the whole but the game was too easy. Don't think I lost a match over 100 hours in the beta.

+1 to this, that's why people moans about the morale tweak in the ME, the casual players don't feel like Guardiolas anymore when they fire up the game.

I love this updated version of the ME, the players fly on the field when they are happy and they struggle when they are not, as they should. You must get Cohesion and happiness in a team before they start to rumble.

FM21 has the best ME I ever played, Match UI requires a lot of improvements though.

Edited by Sharkn20

ME is the best part of the game, please , please don't let the update ruin it.

I wish they leave the ME alone and focus on everything else. Funny how the last version i was enthusiastically waiting for updates, now i am almost dreading it :)

1 hour ago, andu1 said:

ME is the best part of the game, please , please don't let the update ruin it.

I wish they leave the ME alone and focus on everything else. Funny how the last version i was enthusiastically waiting for updates, now i am almost dreading it :)

Haha, same. I even turned off automatic game updates. ( I don't know will that help) 

I have that bug where I can't pick individual instructions on a tactic screen, but I am still afraid to update because they will maybe do something to ME to be bad (boring) as it was in the previous versions

Edited by Marko1989

2 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

+1 to this, that's why people moans about the morale tweak in the ME, the casual players don't feel like Guardiolas anymore when they fire up the game.

I love this updated version of the ME, the players fly on the field when they are happy and they struggle when they are not, as they should. You must get Cohesion and happiness in a team before they start to rumble.

FM21 has the best ME I ever played, Match UI requires a lot of improvements though.

That's what I think as well. In Beta everybody was winning with ease, so yeah, people thought woah it's great my team plays perfectly the game really does what I want, my team is winning. Now it's not so easy and people get frustrated. I got so frustrated couple of days ago but that's FM.