Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

16 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

How do you mean "now"? In my first post I have said: "Of course, people who use older version of ME should not report bugs and expect support."

Of course some people would ignore it, but SI could make a statement - if your game is not patched to the latest version we can't take your request in consideration. And that's it. 

I feel like you can't say anything here without people telling you it is not doable. 

- When I said hat 2D match engine was better looking in previous versions, with stadium stands and everything, people were saying - noo it is good as it is. Even it is 10 times uglier now. 

- When I said SI maybe should implement dynamic potential it would improve the game, people were like - nooo current development system is perfect, even it is so limited with fixed PA

- Now when I am saying that the roll-back could be useful for some people, it would make some people happy, which is absolutely true - nooo, too much work. 

Man, I must have the worst ideas ever

Funnily enough, if you suggest something that has issues, people tend to point out said issues.  Throwing a wobbly because they do doesn't make your point any stronger.

It doesn't matter what SI say, as madsheep has already pointed out.  People will raise issues anyway.  They're not linked in any way to your game version.  Hell, you don't even need to own the game to go and raise a bug.  I could go right now and make a completely spurious report based on nothing that could tie SI up for some time unnecessarily.  You even say "of course some would ignore it" and then, ironically, ignore that completely as the massive barrier and the reason why they're doing it.  

On the other things you're complaining about, aesthetics are likely subjective, you're always going to get people disagreeing.  Dynamic potential is a logical absurdity and shouldn't happen, and we've already covered why a rollback option isn't a good idea.  If we were using "well, it'd make people happy" as a barometer for features then the game would be an utter mess.  Luckily there's a little more to it than that.  

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14/01/2021 at 10:36, Marko1989 said:

This is exactly why SI should let us roll-back the update ( maybe this will not be possible because of the steam) or somehow to let us choose ME version we want to use. 

Since it is so hard to make everyone satisfied, that would be a good solution. Even if changes were not made to the ME, and people just have a feeling that something was changed, they should have possibility to choose the version they want if that would make them happy. 

ME changes can make some people to give up on the game which they have paid for. 

Of course, people who use older version of ME should not report bugs and expect support. 

It is entirely possible. Some other games I play allow this, such as CSGO (for competitive reasons) and Workers and Resources (for the reason you're pointing out). Basically they just leave the option for Steam users to choose between different game versions. In W&R case they even added this description to the older build:

szAxoSM.png

48 minutes ago, orlyzao said:

It is entirely possible. Some other games I play allow this, such as CSGO (for competitive reasons) and Workers and Resources (for the reason you're pointing out). Basically they just leave the option for Steam users to choose between different game versions. In W&R case they even added this description to the older build:

szAxoSM.png

And no-one has ever said that technically it isn't possible.  In those realms, it's possible that SI could have every prior database be importable into the current game.  But obviously they don't, because there's a bit more to it than being technically possible.

6 hours ago, Tyburn said:

It’s funny, because I did exactly that last year, posted my tactic on this very thread, and got zero interest.

I took it as a compliment, because generally, people aren’t interested in hearing (and seeing) that it’s possible.

Generally, people like to moan.

That's why I asked :lol: I'm fairly happy how I have my tactic working with the current ME, although I never had a 40 goal man to begin with, so maybe that's why, lol.

Thanks @JordanMillward_1

4 minutes ago, forameuss said:

And no-one has ever said that technically it isn't possible.  In those realms, it's possible that SI could have every prior database be importable into the current game.  But obviously they don't, because there's a bit more to it than being technically possible.

No, it's not possible and we know it's not possible to have every prior database be importable into the current game because of licensing. I don't even know what you were trying to reach here.

Having one single older build available for testing and/or just for safety in case a newer build introduces any kind of gamebreaking bug should be possible though.

55 minutes ago, orlyzao said:

szAxoSM.png

I mentioned some potential issues in my previous post here, so I don't repeat myself too much. But @forameuss have touched upon things already, and that is that it could be technically possible, but it all depends on how things are built from the bottom up. How modular the code is, is very often a problem, at least as far as I've seen. Especially in software that have evolved over many years, where possibilities have opened up as technology have evolved and thus were not planned for initially.

Also, it depends a lot on the user base. A game like CSGO will have a lot more "tech savvy" user than FM. There are loads of people who have idea how gaming works and have to be lead by hand through Steam to install the game (I know, because I have a lot of people who I help with this). Most who play FPS games a lot are _slightly_ younger than the average FM'er, I'd say. ;) And with an older user base, the technical knowledge is often also more limited, so many would have had issues knowing how to change what branch they want to play on.

And I'll say again, it could be that this is fully possible technically, and something that happens some time in the future, but it's not always as easy as one could think looking at it from the outside. So by all means, suggest things like this, but it could be rejected for reasons that are totally understandable and not for us users to know.

3 minutes ago, orlyzao said:

No, it's not possible and we know it's not possible to have every prior database be importable into the current game because of licensing. I don't even know what you were trying to reach here.

Having one single older build available for testing and/or just for safety in case a newer build introduces any kind of gamebreaking bug should be possible though.

I thought it was pretty obvious what I was trying to reach.  You're pointing out it's technically possible, and I'm pointing out that that's not really enough by pointing out other technically possible things that will never happen.  

They've repeatedly said (and shouldn't really have to, given it's pretty obvious) why they don't.  It doesn't matter what other developers do.

10 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Not my first team (I'm about to play in the Pokal), but here you go:

ddmEROi.png

Not even a particularly heavy attacking formation, just patient possession play, mostly central, and through balls from the centre or left-wing.

Thank you. We have a fairly close tactic, which is stranger. Koita is not a speed monster, is he? I have a question for the underlap right (that i don't use), i presume it's mostly your BBM taking the space?

7 minutes ago, fmgod3 said:

Some of my best ever business, sell a player for 8.5 mil, had him on loan ever since and for next season too

image.thumb.png.e307b9ad3c85be53ab559477bfb11005.png

Unfortunately it's quite easy to rinse the AI like that.  Last year I managed to pick up Eddie Salcedo for a ridiculous fee after a successful loan, then ended up selling for around £80m to somewhere in the Premier League.  He barely played, got farmed out on loan the second season.  Third I got him back on loan, fourth I got him back permanently for around £15m.

Am i the only one bugged by that if you unselect the team sheet tactical familiarity goes to 0? Kinda gave me a shock when i got a message in the inbox and tactical familiarity was at 0. I dont remember this from earlier versions and ive always inselected all from the team never had this before.

Also that sometimes i cant change the training routine for 1 of the slots per week is stuck on what ever was there before?

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

Unfortunately it's quite easy to rinse the AI like that.  Last year I managed to pick up Eddie Salcedo for a ridiculous fee after a successful loan, then ended up selling for around £80m to somewhere in the Premier League.  He barely played, got farmed out on loan the second season.  Third I got him back on loan, fourth I got him back permanently for around £15m.

Ya it's too bad the AI hoovers up players without figuring out how to fit them in the squad and then jettison them a couple years later in a deep discount. That happened in FM20 to Tonali, who I sold to Liverpool for 60m IIRC and they ended up transfer listing him for 20ish two seasons later. Same happened with Amine Gourri (spelling?) for smaller sums to Norwich.

I know it does happen IRL, but still. They bought Tonali, played him 12-15 league matches first season and then zero the 2nd and then looked to loan him out... poor chap.

Edited by CaptCanuck

I'm 11 seasons in now and I have to say that overall I find it's harder to deliberately sell players than it was on 19 or 20. Even 4-star players with a 7+ season behind them and one year left on contract are difficult to shift for reasonable money. Anyone else finding this too?

Edited by freddieos

On 15/01/2021 at 02:36, Gee_Simpson said:

Do people find there to be too many world class newgens in the future? Is this actually a problem?

I've seen that as a problem for years tbh. The fact it doesn't seem to be much discussed points to the fact that people like it.

13 hours ago, CaptCanuck said:

Ya it's too bad the AI hoovers up players without figuring out how to fit them in the squad and then jettison them a couple years later in a deep discount. That happened in FM20 to Tonali, who I sold to Liverpool for 60m IIRC and they ended up transfer listing him for 20ish two seasons later. Same happened with Amine Gourri (spelling?) for smaller sums to Norwich.

I know it does happen IRL, but still. They bought Tonali, played him 12-15 league matches first season and then zero the 2nd and then looked to loan him out... poor chap.

This has been an FM issue for many years. This year I am also noticing players being signed on a free and immediately transfer listed (Hysaj to Liverpool and Calhanoglu to Man Utd to name just two in my save)

3 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Of course english teams are dominating the UCL winners. It's almost the same with every FM version.

If only things were that easy irl...

image.png.c003caa23194e399725e551db57479fc.png

What leagues have you loaded? I've seen a clear bias to leagues that are run compared to the rest. I play in Norway, but have England, France, Germany, Spain and Italy running as well, and I see a mix of English and Spanish teams winning it.

image.png.1161e913d04319e3800f8907556692be.png

That said, the PL money really give English teams an advantage in the long run, but that's also happening in real life.

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

What leagues have you loaded? I've seen a clear bias to leagues that are run compared to the rest. I play in Norway, but have England, France, Germany, Spain and Italy running as well, and I see a mix of English and Spanish teams winning it.

That said, the PL money really give English teams an advantage in the long run, but that's also happening in real life.

Almost all European Leagues run in full detail + Rest of the Major Leagues around the world.

Player ratings are still slightly broken in my opinion. They are far better since the hotfix but I still find certain positions / players consistently getting low ratings. This is especially happening with my DLP. No matter who I play there or how well my team plays, my DLP just doesnt seem to get a good rating. Even if he runs the show and comes out with an assist, the rating just doesnt reflect it.

5 hours ago, shirajzl said:

I've seen that as a problem for years tbh. The fact it doesn't seem to be much discussed points to the fact that people like it.

Yeah seems that way. 

Do you use this?:

I'm not too worried about the overall level of quality players increasing, but it's the multiple godlike Messi/CR7's I want to avoid.

Playing a lower league game interactions on player loans is incredibly irritating.

I continually have managers of the clubs where I loaned players from complaining to me that I am not playing the player in the agreed position. Its in absurd scenarios such as it was agreed a player would be played in central midfield as an advanced playmaker but I am actually playing them as a deep lying playmaker.

Surely the whole point of the roles is just to give a tactical framework for individual players. The way the loan system is working at the moment is like its publicly declared what "role" each player plays within a team which just isn't realistic. In real life if you loan a player from a club the style of football that the club is playing and that the player is getting regular minutes is far more important.  Yes if you loan a midfielder and are playing them at right back that could be an issue but the "role" a player is playing would not even be known as its purely a method of giving players standard instructions for a style of play.

Feels horribly unrealistic and added to this I get the same managers every few weeks complaining about this I say they are playing a lot so whats the issue and then they respond saying I understand your position. And then 3 weeks later complain again!

Think this interaction needs to be looked at and tweaked as very unrealistic at the moment and miles away from what happens in real life.

3 minutes ago, iownyou said:

99% of clubs won’t allow you to. It’s like it’s fixed in permanently.

Oh really!? I honestly haven’t encountered that. Most loans I’ve made don’t have it there to start with, and if they do I can normally remove them. If I can’t, and I really object to the position being asked for, I’ll just cancel the deal.

Weird. Perhaps it’s a much lower league thing. Started in league one in England recently and didn’t notice this issue.

56 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Oh really!? I honestly haven’t encountered that. Most loans I’ve made don’t have it there to start with, and if they do I can normally remove them. If I can’t, and I really object to the position being asked for, I’ll just cancel the deal.

Weird. Perhaps it’s a much lower league thing. Started in league one in England recently and didn’t notice this issue.

Yeah I think every single loan offer I have made over 2 seasons the club have insisted on a particular position and role and if you remove it they reject the offer. So becomes the choice between completing the loan on a less than idea basis or settling for lower quality players.

Have had quite a few players recalled because been playing them in a different role than agreed even though playing them in the same position. 

4 minutes ago, charliecul12 said:

Yeah I think every single loan offer I have made over 2 seasons the club have insisted on a particular position and role and if you remove it they reject the offer. So becomes the choice between completing the loan on a less than idea basis or settling for lower quality players.

Have had quite a few players recalled because been playing them in a different role than agreed even though playing them in the same position. 

Can't say I've had problems with loan position conditions. The one that bugs me is when you are in the transfer window and you bring in a midfielder, say, and then you bring in a second midfielder, so a complete revamp and the second transfer says 'strengthen the midfield' - it either needs to stop players asking for the squad to be strengthened in the position they are being brought in to strengthen or needs to recognise the other transfers that you have already made. 

2 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

Can't say I've had problems with loan position conditions. The one that bugs me is when you are in the transfer window and you bring in a midfielder, say, and then you bring in a second midfielder, so a complete revamp and the second transfer says 'strengthen the midfield' - it either needs to stop players asking for the squad to be strengthened in the position they are being brought in to strengthen or needs to recognise the other transfers that you have already made. 

With transfers I have had problems with my board. They are devastated that I failed to bring in any high profile players despite not giving me any transfer budget and having to reduce the weekly wage bill by £20k to come within budget. Like the issue you had everything isn’t linking up and being taken into consideration.

I'm enjoying the match engine on the new game but feel there are lots of niggles and things not quite working right that affect the overall gameplay and don’t feel like the interface is as intuitive and easy to navigate as FM20.

Another niggle was I had a poor season last year and got called in front of the board maybe 10 times and everytime I gave the answer stick to the plan and they said yes we agree etc. Sure this is a bug I should report just feels like there are lots of these little issues in FM21 where lots of features just aren’t working quite right.

1995422620_Screenshot2021-01-17at02_38_19.thumb.png.adfbdf199303c08a8461803892fb0500.pngHas anybody seen anything like this? No injuries, nothing but he has been declining for a couple of months now like this. It only happens when players get over 33-35 years old but that is not the case here. Any idea why this might happen?

Edited by CM

7 hours ago, andu1 said:

Of course english teams are dominating the UCL winners. It's almost the same with every FM version.

If only things were that easy irl...

image.png.c003caa23194e399725e551db57479fc.png

In a weird way, it kind of seems "realistic" to me.  The truth is, if English football could channel all the resources and opportunities it has in a focused way, then this should be the level of dominance they have.  Of course, FM often fails to simulate those little intangible things that mean it doesn't ever happen that way.  

2 hours ago, CM said:

1995422620_Screenshot2021-01-17at02_38_19.thumb.png.adfbdf199303c08a8461803892fb0500.pngHas anybody seen anything like this? No injuries, nothing but he has been declining for a couple of months now like this. It only happens when players get over 33-35 years old but that is not the case here. Any idea why this might happen?

Yes, I have seen this many times. My striker had a season of his life, best player in the league, top scorer, and he started declining.

That is  because of how strange development system is. It is very limited and makes no sense at all sometimes. Players would start declining for no reason even at younger age, it does not even matter if they are in form worthy of Ballon d Or. Sadly, people are defending this system ( there is even a feature when in order for one attribute to grow, the game must lower some other attribute, completely illogical ); so, expect to see this in future versions as well.

Screenshot_2.jpg.491bfa35d57c2ebd32a25435c8cfc086.jpg

Screenshot_1.thumb.jpg.43c4c93581a995cddd70d930b59d7ea9.jpg

That is the thing for a couple of years now. This is the screenshot from 2019 when I have complained about this for the first time. I have bought this left back at the start of the save. He had 15 dribbling. He was insane, I have no idea how many assists he had, when I won Champions League in third season, and when he was probably the best left back in the world that season, his attributes started declining and he finished the season with dribbling lower than when he was just a young left back in Brazilian league.

374834435_Screenshot_6.jpg.a197e8b76740bfda411b16044b3c55fe(1).jpg.917ba2d96fe0bfd27c0bde044f2b8c4b.jpg

Edited by Marko1989

15 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

Yes, I have seen this many times. My striker had a season of his life, best player in the league, top scorer, and he started declining.

That is  because of how strange development system is. It is very limited and makes no sense at all sometimes. Players would start declining for no reason even at younger age, it does not even matter if they are in form worthy of Ballon d Or. Sadly, people are defending this system ( there is even a feature when in order for one attribute to grow, the game must lower some other attribute, completely illogical ); so, expect to see this in future versions as well.

Screenshot_2.jpg.491bfa35d57c2ebd32a25435c8cfc086.jpg

Screenshot_1.thumb.jpg.43c4c93581a995cddd70d930b59d7ea9.jpg

That is the thing for a couple of years now. This is the screenshot from 2019 when I have complained about this for the first time. I have bought this left back at the start of the save. He had 15 dribbling. He was insane, I have no idea how many assists he had, when I won Champions League in third season, and when he was probably the best left back in the world that season, his attributes started declining and he finished the season with dribbling lower than when he was just a young left back in Brazilian league.

374834435_Screenshot_6.jpg.a197e8b76740bfda411b16044b3c55fe(1).jpg.917ba2d96fe0bfd27c0bde044f2b8c4b.jpg

Yeah, it is a bit difficult to understand. This at times happens when you overplay your players but I was giving enough rest and match load was also low. Funnily, he is worse player now than I got him despite me being in the 3rd place and him putting decent performances. Now have to sell him because he won't regain lost attributes. Positioning dropped by 2 in 1 month which does not even happen to players who are injured for 2-3 months.  

6 minutes ago, CM said:

Yeah, it is a bit difficult to understand. This at times happens when you overplay your players but I was giving enough rest and match load was also low. Funnily, he is worse player now than I got him despite me being in the 3rd place and him putting decent performances. Now have to sell him because he won't regain lost attributes. Positioning dropped by 2 in 1 month which does not even happen to players who are injured for 2-3 months.  

There is some rebalansing nonsense, you can read more in the post roykela have posted above :) But yes, it sucks selling players because of that. 

Just now, Marko1989 said:

There is some rebalansing nonsense, you can read more in the post roykela have posted above :) But yes, it sucks selling players because of that. 

Yeah, I mean, if the decline was ordinary one, I would understand that, I'm used to see players decline randomly regardless of their performances but this type of sharp decline (red arrows) I had only seen when players had some serious injuries. Quite annoying honestly, he is not 18-19 years old to think that he will compensate these losses. Perhaps, should have got Koopmeiners instead of him :confused:

1 minute ago, Marko1989 said:

Yeah, I know for that post, I have participated in that conversation. 😁

I know :brock: 

Here's another one, from a thread you started.
I'm not saying that that must be the reason and the only reason though.

I paid good attention to those threads when they came because i was wondering the same thing back then.
Now i take all those negative arrows as a good sign. That approach, for me, hasn't let me down yet after the realisation :D

One tip is: Don't focus too much on the attributes. There might be something more behind it. Keep an eye on the coaches' player reports. Sometimes there are indications there as to why.
Attributes are only an indication towards chances and probability.  At least, that's the way i treat them nowadays and it seems to be working for me.

Geez....i think it's time to go to bed. Spent way, waaaaaaay too much time writing this than i should :D

Anyways.....i hope you'll continue with success :thup: Have a good night for now :)

52 minutes ago, CM said:

Yeah, I mean, if the decline was ordinary one, I would understand that, I'm used to see players decline randomly regardless of their performances but this type of sharp decline (red arrows) I had only seen when players had some serious injuries. Quite annoying honestly, he is not 18-19 years old to think that he will compensate these losses. Perhaps, should have got Koopmeiners instead of him :confused:

I didn't even know for Koopmeiners, he looks like a very good player so if you have money, it would be a good purchase :) I don't think he will compensate many attributes, some winger of mine, at the start of the save with Werder, at age of 25 also had arrows pointing down and he has never compensated his attributes.

Just now, this is happening to my in-form young striker, so I am in same problems as you :) i am trying to develop him as much as possible and I give him playing time, I even risk with him in tough games just so he can gain experience, all that, and then you get disappointed when you see these arrows. Even if is a "good thing" as some say, it looks annoying. 
Screenshot_4.jpg.24da5c9c84becd672a6121a8a5d725e7.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg.18815e359c50749d015bb08f70706cde.jpg

Edited by Marko1989

3 minutes ago, roykela said:

I know :brock: 

Here's another one, from a thread you started.
I'm not saying that that must be the reason and the only reason though.

I paid good attention to those threads when they came because i was wondering the same thing back then.
Now i take all those negative arrows as a good sign. That approach, for me, hasn't let me down yet after the realisation :D

One tip is: Don't focus too much on the attributes. There might be something more behind it. Keep an eye on the coaches' player reports. Sometimes there are indications there as to why.
Attributes are only an indication towards chances and probability.  At least, that's the way i treat them nowadays and it seems to be working for me.

Geez....i think it's time to go to bed. Spent way, waaaaaaay too much time writing this than i should :D

Anyways.....i hope you'll continue with success :thup: Have a good night for now :)

Haha, thanks, but there is no explanation, or post or anything that will make me accept  and make me to love how this system works :)

Yeah, it is too late you are right, good night man :)

On 15/01/2021 at 19:33, Mr Tonio said:

Thank you. We have a fairly close tactic, which is stranger. Koita is not a speed monster, is he? I have a question for the underlap right (that i don't use), i presume it's mostly your BBM taking the space?

Koita's fast, yea, which is often how he scores - either getting a throughball and beating the offside trap, or running onto the ball by darting in front of the defender. Same with Haaland.

Regarding the underlap, it's mostly the BBM and AM(S) taking the space, who then usually either slot a throughball direct to the striker, or pass it on to the IF(S) who then either takes the shot or plays the ball through to the striker.

12 hours ago, charliecul12 said:

Playing a lower league game interactions on player loans is incredibly irritating.

I continually have managers of the clubs where I loaned players from complaining to me that I am not playing the player in the agreed position. Its in absurd scenarios such as it was agreed a player would be played in central midfield as an advanced playmaker but I am actually playing them as a deep lying playmaker.

Surely the whole point of the roles is just to give a tactical framework for individual players. The way the loan system is working at the moment is like its publicly declared what "role" each player plays within a team which just isn't realistic. In real life if you loan a player from a club the style of football that the club is playing and that the player is getting regular minutes is far more important.  Yes if you loan a midfielder and are playing them at right back that could be an issue but the "role" a player is playing would not even be known as its purely a method of giving players standard instructions for a style of play.

Feels horribly unrealistic and added to this I get the same managers every few weeks complaining about this I say they are playing a lot so whats the issue and then they respond saying I understand your position. And then 3 weeks later complain again!

Think this interaction needs to be looked at and tweaked as very unrealistic at the moment and miles away from what happens in real life.

This seems to have become more prominent after recent updates. I was also getting constant updates about my players who were out on loan been played  outside a certain role. 

Il 16/1/2021 in 15:56 , XaW ha scritto:

Well. Sorry. I strongly disagree on everything.

I mean how can you call this a mix of spanish and english winners. It's clear to me a dominance of english sides and 3 wins from spanish along 9 years. For 6 times the CL trophy was lifted by an english side, 6 out of 9.

And how can you say this is happening in real life too. I think it's worth to remember you that in the last 10 years the CL was lifted by an english side 2 times, as many as Bayern Monaco alone and just 1 more than an italian side.

Where's Bayern Munchen in this screenshot? They won more CLs of Liverpool in the last 10 years so far IRL.... I can't see them playing a final either.

But Liverpool just needed a final lost and one won to make them so strong? And gegenpressing the trademark of the last 2 editions?

I really like the game this year, I love the game as long as I love the ME. But I'm honestly bored on how it's EPL-centered since ever, how every year this is discussed, how everyone is constructive on suggesting what could cause this "unintentional" problem, reputation maybe, fatigue for the many more games they play not accounted properly, money, crazy player assessments..., just to meet here, year after year, hopelessy, discussing again on how FM doesn't reflect the EPL performance in continental competitions. Maybe in 10 years, or 5, or less who knows, when finally 2 EPL clubs will reach a continental final again, we'll all meet here to praise how FM is realistic having predicted it. Since 2004.

I reloaded 10 (TEN) times the season 1 on FMT, only italian Serie A loaded. 9 out 10 the CL was won by Liverpool, or Man City, or Man Utd, or even Chelsea.

I think we should accept it as it is, because nothing will be done anyway.

10 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Koita's fast, yea, which is often how he scores - either getting a throughball and beating the offside trap, or running onto the ball by darting in front of the defender. Same with Haaland.

Regarding the underlap, it's mostly the BBM and AM(S) taking the space, who then usually either slot a throughball direct to the striker, or pass it on to the IF(S) who then either takes the shot or plays the ball through to the striker.

Thank you. This is very smart. I will end there, because a conversation on this matter belongs in another thread.

39 minutes ago, Federico said:

I mean how can you call this a mix of spanish and english winners.

I wrote mixed because the other post showed ONLY English sides winning it. And it's a mix of 6 English and 3 Spanish wins.

41 minutes ago, Federico said:

And how can you say this is happening in real life too. I think it's worth to remember you that in the last 10 years the CL was lifted by an english side 2 times, as many as Bayern Monaco alone and just 1 more than an italian side.

I said the MONEY in the game gives the English sides an advantage, and that that money happens in real life. It's simply that English sides in real life squander a lot more chances of winning it than in FM. So I'd say that English sides are better at spending that TV money in the game than in real life.

42 minutes ago, Federico said:

Where's Bayern Munchen in this screenshot?

I agree, they should be there, as should some Italian teams I think.

In all I think the English money is the reason for the advantage English teams get in the game, and that the English sides underperform in Europe in real life.

20 hours ago, iownyou said:

99% of clubs won’t allow you to. It’s like it’s fixed in permanently.

Keep arguing with their manager sometimes they come round to your way of thinking, I loaned Lukas vorlicky from Atalanta on an 1860 Munich save I was doing and played him as an inverted winger he banged about 15 a season in the first two seasons, their manager kept moaning so I kept giving him the middle finger, the player himself eventually got upset with being played there until I got one of my team leaders to have a word and he let it go, never had an issue after that

On 16/01/2021 at 17:41, Abysmal said:

Player ratings are still slightly broken in my opinion. They are far better since the hotfix but I still find certain positions / players consistently getting low ratings. This is especially happening with my DLP. No matter who I play there or how well my team plays, my DLP just doesnt seem to get a good rating. Even if he runs the show and comes out with an assist, the rating just doesnt reflect it.

Same thing with me, I sold two players thinking they were garbage (even though they'd played well for 3 seasons in that position before the update) I just assumed they weren't good enough anymore since I got promoted, then I got pished off and deleted the game, started one with wolves and Ruben Neves and João moutinho barely get over 6.6 in the position and they're two arguably world class players in that role/position, both used to get me double figures in assists and sometimes goals in that position and ratings of 7.2+ average on previous versions of FM, so something isn't right at the minute since the update fixed the poor fullback ratings 

43 minuti fa, XaW ha scritto:

I said the MONEY in the game gives the English sides an advantage, and that that money happens in real life. It's simply that English sides in real life squander a lot more chances of winning it than in FM. So I'd say that English sides are better at spending that TV money in the game than in real life.

So FM is better than reality. Is this what you're saying? It's not my intention to have a go against you but from my point of view you're flipping the problem upside-down by pointing that FM does better than reality does. This opens a chest full of problems according to me, philosophically speaking.

I agree, they should be there, as should some Italian teams I think.

Bahh I wouldn't mention italian clubs. We're rubbish and I would sound biased. Let's focus on german and spanish teams, it seems to me they achievied "something" lately.

In all I think the English money is the reason for the advantage English teams get in the game, and that the English sides underperform in Europe in real life.

That's your point of view, and we would have a nice chat at the pub in front of a couple of stouts about it, but we're discussing here in a forum about a software that should reproduce, early seasons at least, what happens IRL, more or less.

I can't see money giving any advantage IRL, at least in continental competitions. If that was the case, City would have collected multiple continental silverware, but they didn't apparently. Same applies to PSG. Fortunately things are slightly different.

I'm sorry but this whole sentence is wrong in whatever the point you read it from. Money apart, you think that FM reflects how english clubs should perform realistically. So we're down the field of assumptions, which is the opposite of what FM claimed to be in these years, the most realistic simulation on the market. You say EPL clubs are underachieving IRL. Alright, but according to what? The pitch is the only thing that speaks the truth, and the pitch says a club achieve what it deserves to achieve, nothing less, nothing more. And FM should reproduce what is reflected by real football as its best.

For me, this is not its best. And I don't think everything is down to SI, but I'd rather begin from how EPL players/clubs are assessed.