Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Can't find anything recent around this. When and where did you post? If you don't keep issues up to date, there's no guarantee it can be fixed for you.

I can give you a ticket number if you’d like. 

25 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

I'm fairly sure he didn't. :)

please keep your comments to yourself if they are related to my problem since you’re here to stir the pot. 

3 minutes ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

I can give you a ticket number if you’d like. 

please keep your comments to yourself if they are related to my problem since you’re here to stir the pot. 

I'm not trying to stir the pot though, I'm just saying that I can't see your post in the bugs forum anywhere. If you don't report it there, it's not going to be picked up and it's not going to be solved. I was actually trying to help you. :)

1 minute ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

just the logo pack i’ve been using since the beta! like I said, have not experienced similar issues with my RBNY and Middlesbrough saves, so it’s something with NOB, gonna try loading a different club in Argentina to see what happens.

Ok. Just thought I'd bring it up. Some people aren't aware that add ons could cause issues.

Sounds like something in the way youth teams are set up in Argentina then.

3 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

I'm not trying to stir the pot though, I'm just saying that I can't see your post in the bugs forum anywhere. If you don't report it there, it's not going to be picked up and it's not going to be solved. I was actually trying to help you. :)

To be fair to the OP, SI seem to have changed the way crash bugs are supported now. The crashes and technical issues forum is not open to posts now. I thought the same thing as you, but it seems SI want crashes through the support system now.

Edited by anagain

I always play long saves. I like to start with a small team and then work my way up. The first couple of seasons are always a challenge. 
Eventually you end up with a 4.5/5 star team and you will win the Premier League and CL every single year, with the occasional exception in CL semi/final.
The game gets boring and repetitive, also because of the complete lack of immersion and repeating press conferences. 
I always check what the competitive teams do and the AI is just terrible, most teams had a btter squad when the game started.
The only way to find a new challenge is to move away from the club.

If the AI can't keep up, or it would be to harsh for our PC's then I suggest to use "balancing scripts".
In other words, if my team has eleven 5 star individuals, then maybe it's time to spawn some awesome regens to other clubs and specifically the competitors.
Make sure they hold on to them and then after a couple of seasons the challenge might return.

3 minutes ago, anagain said:

To be fair to the OP, SI seem to have changed the way crash bugs are supported now. The crashes and technical issues forum is not open to posts now. I thought the same thing as you, but it seems SI want crashes through the support system now.

Fair enough, my bad in that case. Thanks for point that out. :)

Just now, anagain said:

Ok. Just thought I'd bring it up. Some people aren't aware that add ons could cause issues.

Sounds like something in the way youth teams are set up in Argentina then.

I tried a new save file with Argentino Juniors and didn't experience the crash. Can you believe this, my favorite club is the only one whose youth team crashes the game! 

3 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

I'm not trying to stir the pot though, I'm just saying that I can't see your post in the bugs forum anywhere. If you don't report it there, it's not going to be picked up and it's not going to be solved. I was actually trying to help you.

Ok fair enough, perhaps it is because you cannot make new posts for crash errors and such, so I had to submit it via email. This is the first time I've needed to report a bug, so are you telling me I did it incorrectly?

Just now, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

I tried a new save file with Argentino Juniors and didn't experience the crash. Can you believe this, my favorite club is the only one whose youth team crashes the game! 

Ok fair enough, perhaps it is because you cannot make new posts for crash errors and such, so I had to submit it via email. This is the first time I've needed to report a bug, so are you telling me I did it incorrectly?

No, as anagain stated, they've apparently changed the way some issues are reported/logged, my fault. Just wanted to make sure it was actually logged as this thread tends to be flooded with people complaining about stuff without actually logging the issue where it can be picked up. :)

@bielsadidnothingwrong

I get massive lag looking at the Newell youth development center (probably because of the massive number of potential first team players in their oversized reserves/u20s), but no crashes. Was assuming it might've been your computer struggling with the load, but since you can handle Argentinos, who seem to have just as many players in their dev center, I'm not so sure anymore. Could give deleting a lot of youngsters from Newell a shot and then loading the dev center, see if it has something to do with that.

Edited by Freakiie

Apologies if this has already been raised / covered, but I'm seeing some seemingly unrealistic expectations in League Two.

It may be correct (and a result of over ambitious Chairmen), but its significantly different to the Beta.

Not an exhaustive list, but the ones I've checked (media prediction - first season expectations - second season expectations):

Stevenage - 16th - top half finish - automatic promotion

Cambridge - 17th - top half finish - automatic promotion

Morecambe - 22nd - avoid relegation - automatic promotion

In fact, all of the 'bottom half' with the exception of three clubs expect to at least make the playoffs in season two.

Feels a little odd and over-ambitious?

1 minute ago, Freakiie said:

@bielsadidnothingwrong

I get massive lag looking at the Newell youth development center (probably because of the massive number of potential first team players in their oversized reserves/u20s), but no crashes. Was assuming it might've been your computer struggling with the load, but since you can handle Argentinos, who seem to have just as many players in their dev center, I'm not so sure anymore. Could give deleting a lot of youngsters from Newell a shot and then loading the dev center, see if it has something to do with that.

Trying to load up a new save file now, I would hate to have to mess with the database as that’s one of the primary reasons I manage Newell’s is the development. Glad to hear yours took a second to load, as mine did the same when loading Argentinos Jr, so hopefully it’s nothing major!

6 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

No, as anagain stated, they've apparently changed the way some issues are reported/logged, my fault. Just wanted to make sure it was actually logged as this thread tends to be flooded with people complaining about stuff without actually logging the issue where it can be picked up. :)

Yes, I get it, there are some upset customers in the thread. I don’t want to contribute to the negativity, but this is really frustrating!! I really have been enjoying the beta so I am mostly disappointed that I can’t get stuck in already! Cheers

I'm Chelsea in this image.

Still finding it relatively easy to restrict the AI into not being able to play the game. Kinda disappointed that this wasn't dealt with better. They still seem to be setting up extremely negative/cautious in a lot of games that I've seen considering the caliber of players they have.

This is with all my own tactics/instructions, no exploits. Surely Spurs should be at least able to manage a shot of any kind after 3 corners, 86% passes completed and 45% possession?

6tTLmro.png?1

832QXJP.png?1

Edited by Gah Rii
pic was wrong

Just now, Freakiie said:

Did I get scammed on the ME? People keep saying offside is fixed, yet here I am still seeing completely absurd offside calls...

Then report them in the correct bugs section. Perhaps your tactical instructions highlights a bug they are unaware of.

For me the main game has too many screens and button presses that dont do anything and is extremley bloated. 

I much prefer FM Touch. I suppose some people like stats galore, media duties, pre team talk team talks, player psychology. For me its hassle. I just want to buy and sell players, play games and manage the team.

22 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

@bielsadidnothingwrong

This is a known issue with the screen hanging on the development centre. There is a thread on this and if you can load your save game it will help!

2 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

My 2 BPDs on Cover are playing great.

Might have to try a cover role. Completely perplexed because we were playing the ball out with ease and suddenly now just aimlessly hoofing the ball FM20 style!!

11 minutes ago, Sport Lacost said:

This is a known issue with the screen hanging on the development centre. There is a thread on this and if you can load your save game it will help!

Care to share the thread? I will gladly upload my save if it will help them resolve it faster!

Thanks

edit: found here 

Edited by bielsadidnothingwrong

6 minutes ago, wattzy said:

Might have to try a cover role. Completely perplexed because we were playing the ball out with ease and suddenly now just aimlessly hoofing the ball FM20 style!!

If you play a DM DLP on defend I find you get some nice triangle passing before playing it to an MC/wide.

14 minutes ago, Gah Rii said:

I'm Chelsea in this image.

Still finding it relatively easy to restrict the AI into not being able to play the game. Kinda disappointed that this wasn't dealt with better. They still seem to be setting up extremely negative/cautious in a lot of games that I've seen considering the caliber of players they have.

This is with all my own tactics/instructions, no exploits. Surely Spurs should be at least able to manage a shot of any kind after 3 corners, 86% passes completed and 45% possession?

6tTLmro.png?1

832QXJP.png?1

Yep same for me

Its so annoying that away teams coming to defend and thats it! no counter, no change in formations.. nothing 

i reported it in the beta here 

I am doing something wrong? When setting up my manager, I set my preferred tactical style as control possession. However, when I start a game, my profile says my tactical style is route one.

Anyone else having this problem?

I'm not imagining this , I'm definitely seeing more long shots. Nothing as bad as FM 20 but still an uptick from beta.

Also seeing more players taking shots from standing positions rather than running onto the ball and scoring, this might be me imagining it though because it might have been like that in beta.

7 minutes ago, bamb00zle said:

I'm playing the demo. Any way to turn off attribute masking?

Really like the game so far, nice and slick.

Turning attribute masking on and off is an option only at the set up stage of a new save- once you start, it cant be amended.

3 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Turning attribute masking on and off is an option only at the set up stage of a new save- once you start, it cant be amended.

Sorry I didn't phrase that very well.

What I meant was is there an option to turn it off being starting a new save?

All it has that I can see on the main menu is quick start and there seems to be no option in preferences or otherwise to turn it off.

I just want to mess around on the game in the demo looking around etc.

It is not a preference feature it is only available at set up- I don't use the demo, but I cant see any reason why it wouldn't be available in the demo as this is just a short version of the full game.  Try starting a clean new save with a new manager profile and see if that works.

2 hours ago, Gundo said:

It’s because there is no option to turn off retina display this year. Instead, you have do the following:

Go to finder; Application support ; Steam ; steamapps\common\Football Manager 2021
Right click on fm21
Get Information and click "Open in low resolution"

This should result in much reduced fan noise or excess. 

Does this significantly affect graphics? 

11 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Just seen in the start of the season Depay moving to Man Citi in 17M .. this make sense? 

One year contract, probably no interest in resigning, while 17m is a tad low (is that 17m flat or 17m+ clauses since irl he was supposed to cost around 25m), it's not that strange of a transfer.

8 minutes ago, FrazT said:

It is not a preference feature it is only available at set up- I don't use the demo, but I cant see any reason why it wouldn't be available in the demo as this is just a short version of the full game.  Try starting a clean new save with a new manager profile and see if that works.

Tried that and no the option to turn off attribute masking is not there at all. You can't even select the playable leagues etc within the country.

official game is good but problems have arised that were not problems in the beta ( loads of people told si you should have patched it )

work permits for young players, you apply you then dont hear anything and apply again and again and again day after day but nothing ever happens.

team talks, you approach the defender and they are motivated. you approach the midfielder they are motivated and the forwards are demotivated and then apporach the forwards and the defenders are no longer motivated ?

players that play regularly losing tactical familiarity ?

talks when bringing subs on makes no difference to the players coming on whatsoever no matter what you say

1 minute ago, bamb00zle said:

Tried that and no the option to turn off attribute masking is not there at all. You can't even select the playable leagues etc within the country.

OK- maybe it is not available in the demo- I will see if I can find out

Been testing out the demo this evening, mainly for the ME. My thoughts on what I have seen/used so far, lets start from load up.....

- As has been said by everyone, Save/Load times and how FM runs are very good.

- The 'manager creator' remains really naff. Yes yes for this years edition you have to keep COVID in mind, but this has been in the game quite a few years now and the quality and variety on offer remains very underwhelming. Whether it be faces, colours, hair styles, choice of attire, whatever - all needs massive improvement. One of those FM features that gets introduced half-baked, and has just remained so.

- Put me down as another who thinks there is too much purple. Preferred the club colours on show to add some contrast and variety. I've seen others complain about the font, and would agree it is perhaps a little small and a strain on the eyes.

- Club visions: Looked through various clubs and thought what I thought last year - I know this was something Si beefed up to great fanfare, but for me too many unrealistic conditions and 'philosophies'. Maybe one or two I get, but the vast majority of clubs seem to have multiple conditions attached and especially at the big clubs for instance I see little evidence this is how they operate in real life.

- Nuts and bolts of the press conferences are the same, but it's a good step that there is now some presentation of it - laid out as having a room of people sat in front of you. A hint of realism to the game. Not so sold on the majority of the gestures though, but then I do tend to give a neutral, straight bat answer and give nothing away in any case so I'm probably not the target audience for this feature...

- Had one recruitment meeting. Again another touch of realism you cant really complain about being added to the game. Was a bit meh, but something I guess will have to see how it develops and functions over a save and if you get anything worthwhile or you should just keep doing it yourself and ignore suggestions.

- Match related stuff: Don't mind most of the look. Dressing room type set up is again trying to give you a more real experience. Also don't mind the removal of widgets and available info during the match, most of the things people are complaining about (opposition formations, ratings, individual performance etc) you can easily see by watching the match. People can rail against it, but if SI are forcing people to do more than just watch on minimal highlights then you cant really complain - it is football management sim after all... However I do have some issues, was a bit fiddly at half time trying to look at various screens (tactics, teamtalk, analysis) I seemed to get locked out of them, and there has been a bit of a 'mare had with the commentary bar this year, lets admit it. As someone who plays in 2d, and had it zoomed in so it at least felt somewhat near a full screen pitch, players/action down the touchline just disappears behind it. That needs a rethink if possible, please.

- Match Engine: Early days, it's alright for the first offering. Seeing less of 'send every pass out to the flanks' and seems that gone is the 'winger runs down line and then sends a crossfield ball to his opposite fullback' that ruined last years game, which is a good start. Already have seen some nice interchanges and variety of finishes, which is good. However seen a bit too much of defenders randomly hoofing it though which is concerning (and also annoying, when you play possession tactics). Struggling to get my DLF on support to drop deep, seems to just keep leading the line. And some of the defending looks a bit concerning for me and I'm not surprised to see people complaining of lots of goals and strikers scoring for fun... Sometimes very passive and the play just seems to ghost past them somehow. Almost like it's FM11 rather than 21, and collision detection isn't a thing yet....

Edited by mp_87

Hello, I'd like to give some suggestions for the UI in matches,

If you look at the first image I uploaded, its taken between highlights in a match, the first thing I notice is the names of the teams are very small and cut in half. I think that scoreboard should be larger

The second is that we cant change or add different things to the panels, more stats for example or analysis like body language.

The other image is the match review when you click the result on the calendar.

Theres no "Watch goals" or "Watch highlights button" if you want to see them for example on a match you have skipped.

And again small scoreboard and a lot of empty space instead of showing some of the most used panels like average positions.

P.S. I cant find average positions during the match as well. And I miss the timeline at the top where I can see all major events and easily rewind.

Thanks for the work!

20201124232341_1.jpg

20201124235605_1.jpg

Edited by Den1ss