Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Domoboy23 said:

Does anyone get this screen for around 5-10 seconds when clicking continue at FT? Didn't experience it on the beta

Just checking before raising a ticket.

I get the screen, but only for about 2 seconds.

3 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Does anyone get this screen for around 5-10 seconds when clicking continue at FT? Didn't experience it on the beta

Just checking before raising a ticket.

You can spacebar through the screens.

4 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

If people have something they want looked at, they should be putting up Pkms and the like in the bugs forums

But this IS a feedback thread and mods are active here too. You surely spend a lot of effort to answer to all ME complaigners about how deluded they are, so I can't see why this comment doesn't deserve attention. 

Also sometimes in the bugs forum you get ignored, like I was and still is, when I tried to raise a simple question about disappearance of match preview page. In three separate places, bugs forum, this thread and own thread. 

the training schedule is being ignored while playing the club world championship because the matches are being played before the pre season starts, this was already happening in fm20, its kind of disappointing reporting bugs since they keep getting ignored after days of they being posted, i just posted this one of training while playing the CWC, but i did report other bugs and those never got even an answer from si games.

Edited by kertiek

@GOODNAME You've already posted that stuff in the bug forum, which is where it is meant to be. None of us can fix the issue for you, so just update your bug thread with further examples if you wish. However, you aren't going to get a reply and a fix from a dev at 5.40pm on a Saturday within an hour of posting something (given that, as the bug forum says, the QA staff aren't around on the weekends, and will be back on Monday morning).

@GOODNAMEthis is a feedback thread not a bugs thread if you feel there is something wrong with the AI manager start a thread upload your save in the BUGS forum. That way they can get looked at. 

Just because SI may not respond immediately doesn’t mean they aren’t read. Posting images here may not help especially if it’s just scorelines, they don’t reveal as much as a pkm or the save. 

This one might turn into nothing, as with my luck, the player will reject the contract. Starting with an upper level Championship side. Have a decent but not amazing 19yo Welsh winger. 3.5 star potential type. Not going to be Prem caliber even if he maxes out his potential. I started getting bids for him right away. Couple hundred K. Nah. then stuff like 5m, with 1.5m  up front. Nah. Then 8m with almost 4m. up front. Yes please. Then 9m with 6m up front. More yes please. And most recent bid is from Wolves at 12m with 9m up front. Very weird - but happy-making - escalation of bid values. 

I know this is the last thing anyone want to answer but I am curious as I am anxious to start a long term save and I am quite concerned that the regen is apparently "broken" which already has been reported by various people in the bug section. Any idea if it has been fixed yet or if it is save compatible kind of fix? 

Hi,
I played half a season and I have some thoughts on the full version.
I do not know what changes the SI introduced, but in my opinion it is a step backwards compared to the beta. I believe they didn't make any changes to the match engine, but my team plays differently with the same tactics. In the beta, the game in the middle was very nice. At this point it happens that the side defenders have 2 or 3 times more passes in the game than the center defenders, even though I play very tight and focus on attacking in the middle. There were again dribbles all over the pitch to the corner and strange crosses. The strikers can't finish 1vs1 situations, and in the beta it looked very nice. I also see that the match situation has a very strange effect on players' morale. They can start the match happy and end up with a red face. Beta was great, I had great feelings. Now I feel like I have come back to FM20 a bit.

Edited by Caletti

1 час назад, kertiek сказал:

has anyone noticed that since the release of the full game, the teamtalk that u give to subs while doing a subtitution, rarely affects/changes morale? they always stay with the same status, i understand that has been said here that they changed exactly this in the full release but went from an extreme of always changing in a substitution .. to never, like no middle ground, there is no change at using "have faith" or "expect a performance" .. ever.

Agree with you. Didn't see a difference between substitution's morale after conversation

32 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

I know this is the last thing anyone want to answer but I am curious as I am anxious to start a long term save and I am quite concerned that the regen is apparently "broken" which already has been reported by various people in the bug section. Any idea if it has been fixed yet or if it is save compatible kind of fix? 

It's a huge issue but it sounds like it should be save game compatible. I feel it's such a huge issue it should be a hot fix ASAP. Game starts to run out of players after 10-15 years

Not a bug as such but needs looking at, my right back who is out of contract in the summer, I'm currently in Jan, I accepted 25k but the board blocked me selling him as they think we should get 120 minimum, bit ridiculous

Edited by fmgod3

5 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Have done a whole bunch of simming today & found far post corners & crosses are crazy effective 

Deep long passes over the DLine too 

Wonder if the long passes are indicative of teams playing something else besides low defensive lines and is therefore working as youd expect?

I wanna set up a far corner routine see how that goes over a season, in-swing or out-swing?

Edited by witticism
spelling

4 minutes ago, witticism said:

Wonder if the long passes are indicative of teams playing something else besides low defensive lines and is therefore working as youd expect?

I wanna set up a far corner routine see how that goes over a season, in-swing or out-swing?

My guy's a left pegger so it's doesn't seem to matter. My guy on the far post is only 5" 9 too. My short left IF(S) seems to pick up plenty of far post crosses so it doesn't seem to matter much 

I'm experimenting with high lines so get done myself as expected but we're doing it plenty too, have no idea of their mentality as it doesn't tell us anymore 

Edited by Johnny Ace

2 hours ago, Caletti said:

Hi,
I do not know what changes the SI introduced, but in my opinion it is a step backwards compared to the beta. I believe they didn't make any changes to the match engine, but my team plays differently with the same tactics. In the beta, the game in the middle was very nice. At this point it happens that the side defenders have 2 or 3 times more passes in the game than the center defenders, even though I play very tight and focus on attacking in the middle. There were again dribbles all over the pitch to the corner and strange crosses. The strikers can't finish 1vs1 situations, and in the beta it looked very nice. I also see that the match situation has a very strange effect on players' morale. They can start the match happy and end up with a red face. Beta was great, I had great feelings. Now I feel like I have come back to FM20 a bit.

Disagree with this. The full release is much better than the Beta. The wide players now drible more and in the Beta that just cannot complete the dribbles. Also therea are more header and set pieces goals and more mistakes from the players under pressure (which i want to happen more and also I want more unsuccessful passes). Overall this is much better than the Beta.

16 minutes ago, Gundo said:

I love the game but are there any plans to alter the current skin or add any more in future updates? I really miss the team colours in title bars ect., there in just too much purple as it is.

Surely they haven’t removed team colours on profile pages etc? 

39 minutes ago, Gundo said:

I love the game but are there any plans to alter the current skin or add any more in future updates? I really miss the team colours in title bars ect., there in just too much purple as it is.

I suspect that there will be no further official skins, but I am sure that you can find a skin that you like in the unofficial FM sites or the Skinning forum

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, and it is only a minor thing. But the haircuts for managers to choose from this year are horrific. There isn't one single "normal" hairstyle. Just brushed forward. They are all skinhead, ponytail, mohican, bushy, curly. Some of us just have a boring short, back and sides. Not one of these fancy haircuts!

I have to say, I'm really impressed with FM21.

I always had the opinion that FM19 was a huge upgrade in every part of the game except the ME and FM20 made the final details to make it an awesome, deep, solid game in every single aspect... except the ME.

And when FM21 was announced I was skeptic, first because I always assumed the CoVid situation would never let the developers to do their best work and second because in previous versions the ME seemed neglected. So I decided to wait for the demo. I also admit that I got even more worried when I saw the treatment that the authors of a physics file mod that changel how the ME looked in FM20 were basically forbidden to talk about it, only to use their words and phrases in an official blog post talking about what was new in FM21's ME. Felt wrong with me to do that, not gonna lie!...

... but then I tested the demo and I got convinced pretty fast. Bought the full game, did around 20 games and I sincerely have to take my hat off to SI. They massively improved the only thing (imo) that really needed improving: the ME! Can't say I care much for gestures, opening hands or pointing fingers, but to me, everything was "perfect" already except the ME, and now the ME is so much better. So. Much. Better.

Congratulations to everyone that contributed to it, specially in such trying times to all of us. I'm happy with FM21.

7 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

My initial feedback was really positive and I think the match engine is great, but after a significant amount of playing I'm significantly less impressed. 

I haven't encountered a single "game-breaking" bug, but I have encountered loads of little smaller bugs and despite reporting them, even the really simple basic ones, (such as nicknames having to be written from scratch rather than starting with the existing name or nickname as has been done for ages), still haven't been resolved. In fact, a lot of the bugs that I reported, and uploaded saves for, haven't even had a reply. I keep reporting and reporting, but to be honest I feel like I'm wasting my time. 

You can't delegate anything reliably to anyone, (for fear of it not being done), so unless you want to micro-manage every aspect of game-play, (I don't), then the game doesn't really work for me. 

I can't delegate to the Chairman to being in a DoF, (because he doesn't do it). 

When I manually bring in a DoF and delegate to him the hiring and firing and negotiation of staff contracts he doesn't do it. 

I start my 2nd season and lose the 1st 2 games because the Ass Man hasn't arranged any friendlies because he is no longer at the club because the DoF didn't bother to try and negotiate his contract and let him leave on a free and then didn't recruit a replacement after he left. 

I takeover responsibility for all individual training but although I can impact the additional focus for U18 squad players I can't impact on their PPM's. I could delegate that but nothing else that I delegate is getting done so the chances are this will also not get done. 

I can't delegate contract negotiations for players. 

You can't get a DoF to buy and sell players. 

The XG system might look great and sound great, but the numbers just don't add up. It's either completely made up or the incorrect values are being shown. 

It's strange. It seems like there has been a significant amount of attention placed on the ME, (and that's great), but the game is more than the match engine and the UI seems awful in comparison. 

There was an upgrade today that I have only just noticed and installed so will look again tomorrow, but really haven't enjoyed it over the last couple of days.

Finding and reporting bugs is great and while I appreciate that a lot of the stuff that is annoying me is deemed largely "cosmetic" and significantly less important than ME or game-breaking bugs, it's hard to keep coming back every day to report another bug when you know that absolutely nothing that you have reported has been fixed yet, (and yeah I know I probably need to show some more patience), but for the 1st time in ages this feels a little slap-dash. UI issues should be easier to fix than ME mixes and I understand that there are different teams operating on different areas like this, so I'm not really sure why there are so many UI issues which has historically been a strength. 

There needs to be some balance in improvement in ME and the UI making the game.... able to do what the game is meant to do. :(

@Jimbokav1971 Thanks for your well thought out post. If it hasn't been already, please report the failed delegations as a bug with save games for SI to recreate. It does sound like that may be a bug that needs investigation. 

@Jimbokav1971Thanks for reporting the bugs- just to clarify that the hotfix updates already released for the game will normally only be for issues that make the game unplayable.  All other issues reported that will be fixed will be included in the first major update, so I don't think that your efforts are being ignored

12 minutes ago, FrazT said:

@Jimbokav1971Thanks for reporting the bugs- just to clarify that the hotfix updates already released for the game will normally only be for issues that make the game unplayable.  All other issues reported that will be fixed will be included in the first major update, so I don't think that your efforts are being ignored

Well the columns bug for views has been here for 3 years. So he's not wrong with saying some bugs arent fixed fast enough sometimes. 

7 hours ago, JPKD said:

Given the speed improvement s we have seen this year I wonder if this was one of things cut to make for a more streamlined experience. Must admit it's not an area I've ever used much. 

I really doubt taking away conversation history has much if any impact on the speed the game runs at.  But if that was the case, just say it, rather than trying to sell me on some phony "realism" take about not having conversation history.  It just doesn't apply to conversation history.  I totally get taking any the percentages of health; that is a valid realism argument.  Conversation history isn't.  I really hope they bring it back.

I wish VAR moments in game were less predictable.

Players appeal for offside, camera moves laterally to the ref = you know for a 100% it will be disallowed.

There's never a situation where a VAR review actually approves a questionable goal.

Could have added a lot more tension if there was.

The only part where it was implemented nicely is penalty reviews, which keep you clueless until the decision.

Edited by Chris2509

6 hours ago, Caletti said:

Hi,

Yep. after full release the game seem to be going backwards into FM20 territory. Central play was diminished a bit

1 hour ago, Barcafan27 said:

I really doubt taking away conversation history has much if any impact on the speed the game runs at.  But if that was the case, just say it, rather than trying to sell me on some phony "realism" take about not having conversation history.  It just doesn't apply to conversation history.  I totally get taking any the percentages of health; that is a valid realism argument.  Conversation history isn't.  I really hope they bring it back.

I'm sorry I don't work on the game. Do you know if every AI conversation held between people was held on the save file? I have no idea. 

9 hours ago, akkm said:

On central play there's nothing to suggest those tactics wouldn't generate central play in the real world. Yeah some element of potential clog but dynamic movement from two forwards to drag central defenders out of position and from AMP to find pockets of space even with DMs to play forwards or midfield runners should absolutely generate central play. Can depend on quality of players but well simulated movement and decision making would and should absolutely generate central play it isn't really something which requires tactical forum discussion. If its not generating that then thats an fm issue really there

Common theme that you will find with tactics that want to generate central play. One central striker that constantly drops off or a false 9. Two wide forwards that will cut into the space left by the CB that is dragged out of position. Occupation of half spaces and stretching the full width of the pitch.

Let us check if his tactics does all of this things. He plays with two strikers in a narrow formation and lack of width at the right side because FB(s) is quite conservative even on positive mentality. And due to the narrow formation the defending team can defend much narrow than usual further limiting the central space.

He has one striker that will drop and another wide forward that will cut into the space. Not ideal but can still work. Occupation of half space is interesting here due to the BBM. From what I can observe BBM is not a role that you can rely upon to occupy the half space constantly you are better off using mezzala for example. The advanced playmaker due to the nature of the tactic is going to roam around making himself available for a pass. Not ideal either.

For a similar tactic that is actually going to generate central play look no further than the Atalanta Gasperini recreation in the tactics forum.

Goalkeeper match ratings are a bit silly.   In tis playthrough my keepers are frequently rated poorly, unlike in previous versions of Football Manager.  For example, in a match I just complete against a poor side my keeper allowed no goals, had to make no saves, made no mistakes, kept a clean sheet, and was rated at 6.3!  I normally scold a player with that level of rating.  Given that the keeper had little to do shouldn't the rating be a neutral 6.7 or 6.8?

9 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

Goalkeeper match ratings are a bit silly.   In tis playthrough my keepers are frequently rated poorly, unlike in previous versions of Football Manager.  For example, in a match I just complete against a poor side my keeper allowed no goals, had to make no saves, made no mistakes, kept a clean sheet, and was rated at 6.3!  I normally scold a player with that level of rating.  Given that the keeper had little to do shouldn't the rating be a neutral 6.7 or 6.8?

GK ratings have been off for years, it’s not a new thing.

10 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

I believe it's part of the tweaking of GK ratings to allow them to get higher ratings. I agree that a goalkeeper who doesn't need to make any saves shouldn't be penalised with their rating, so you should report the issue and provide the pkm files for the matches where it happens over in the Match Engine - AI and Tactics forum: https://community.sigames.com/forum/822-match-engine-ai-and-tactics/

On 27/11/2020 at 06:05, Fabregas_04 said:

What resolution is that? Wish my tablet was able to stack info like that.

Edit: As you were, worked it out.

Off topic but this is something that annoys me massively. Why does the Forest stadium have three tiers? The game has lots of stadiums with 2 tiers and 4 sides. Why can't the games designers assign stadiums ot team that actually resemble the ones in real life. So in this case 4 sides, some single tier some double. Or at worst 4 sides two tier, not three. It's not that hard and doesn'y infringe on any proprietary image rights. Otherwise the stadium capacity is also much higher. 

4 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Licensing reasons.

Why would licensing come into play giving a team 4 stands with two tiers vs three tiers? The ground itself doesn't have to have specific features. Teams lower down have small stadiums to reflect more accurately their capacity. That's like not giving Man U or Arsenal a big stadium in the game so it doesn't resemble the stadium in real life. Clearly that's not the case.

15 minutes ago, Bosey82 said:

Why would licensing come into play giving a team 4 stands with two tiers vs three tiers? The ground itself doesn't have to have specific features. Teams lower down have small stadiums to reflect more accurately their capacity. That's like not giving Man U or Arsenal a big stadium in the game so it doesn't resemble the stadium in real life. Clearly that's not the case.

It's the case that has been given by staff previously, and given my Masters in Law (specialising in Intellectual Property Law), I can say with certainty that you have to be exceptionally careful about things like that (logos, models [of both players and stadiums], even names for some staff and teams [like the Ajax staff and Juve being renamed to Zebre]), particularly where licenses already exist, otherwise you run the risk of legal action. It's for those reasons that the ME 3D models of players don't replicate things like their hair styles, stadiums are clearly different to their IRL counterparts, and sites that provide items that breach licensing or copyright aren't allowed to be linked to on the forum. It's also why the likes of FIFA also don't have stadiums just like the ones for particular teams when they don't hold the licenses for those stadiums.

I'm by no means saying that it's right that these issues exist, or that IP law shouldn't be changed, and I agree that it sucks ass, but it's the world we live in, and the game has to walk a fine line.