Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, jmdea22 said:

Ok, for example: In real life Messi dont play a friendly game with B team. In game YES. For example Yáñez is over 23 and play 15 games with Getafe and 15 with B team (is impossible)

in game: Luka jovic play official matches and friendly matches with b team and with a team, militao too..:lot of players...

people can say they want. THIS IS NOT REALISTIC..and is very sad play In spanish leagues in the game cause you see the history players and you see messi with b team or militao and jovic with b team...

I Think SI games must fix This horrible bug.

in spanish web fmsite people is crazy about This topic. Cause is impossible to play in spain if you want to play a real game.

thanks

Friendly games are not official games so playing a friendly for the B Team and league matches for the first team is fine. The issue is only if they play league/cup matches for both the B Team and the first team and they are also over 23 years old.

29 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

Friendly games are not official games so playing a friendly for the B Team and league matches for the first team is fine. The issue is only if they play league/cup matches for both the B Team and the first team and they are also over 23 years old.

The bug are both Messi or jovic will never play with B team. But the problem is the same

4 hours ago, jmdea22 said:

The bug are both Messi or jovic will never play with B team. But the problem is the same

Ah ok, that is different to it being against the rules though. Was Messi/Jovic recovering from big injuries when they played in the B team?

10 hours ago, jmdea22 said:

Only 4 examples

54D25D53-5E89-43EA-AD46-D3162F26D5F6.jpeg

147BEC33-54AE-4C57-9F6F-E4FF439C538E.jpeg

73AC25AF-0B93-49C9-BD18-F0A7A61BFC1E.jpeg

FA5D6BD4-FFD7-46F6-94F4-47CC34EEB269.jpeg

You can register a player O23 in the Senior or B team but not both of them, so really you haven't got a point here.

That player can play in the Senior team and friendlies with the B team to gain match sharpness for example.

Or play half a season with the Senior team and half with the B team.

Edited by Sharkn20

7 hours ago, ottey_swe said:

The game STILL doesn't stay in windowed mode..

Please try the following: 

- Open STEAM
- From your Library; Right Click on Football Manager 2021
- Click on Properties
- Click on SET LAUNCH OPTIONS…
- Add the following
- -small_screen -windowed
- Click Ok; Start the game again

I am not sure if I am alone with this one but I fired up FM for first time this week and found the 2D match had a bit of a glitch in that when a player is in possesion of the ball you no longer see the ball at all! It disappears underneath the 2D player! This makes it very tricky to follow the play.

sorry for my english i'm from russia i have a very bomb on the game

1) eternal knocking the ball in different directions, the defender stands with the ball, you can give a pass, but no, he knocks it in different directions

2) insiders are always dribbling, do not pass at all, when they often lose the ball because of this, how to play with them? they also do not move to the center under the blows, but run under the weak leg to the line and serve from the non-working leg, in 80% this is a corner for my team there are 20 of them per game match

And a bunch of small details that spoil the game. Do developers play the game at all? How not to notice and fix all this at once?

19 hours ago, d d said:

Please try the following: 

- Open STEAM
- From your Library; Right Click on Football Manager 2021
- Click on Properties
- Click on SET LAUNCH OPTIONS…
- Add the following
- -small_screen -windowed
- Click Ok; Start the game again

Thank you but that just made the game unable to launch.

21 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Does for me.

What OS are you on? I'm on MacOS Big Sur 11.2.

5 hours ago, ottey_swe said:

What OS are you on? I'm on MacOS Big Sur 11.2.

Believe this is a known issue with MacOS. I emailed Sega for a response and I believe it has something to do with some MacOS setting / infrastructure. My game was repeatedly freezing whenever I changed the resolution, ended up having to go into the text files for the game and change it manually so there maybe something in there that you can manually change to get windowed mode.

31 minutes ago, Abysmal said:

Believe this is a known issue with MacOS. I emailed Sega for a response and I believe it has something to do with some MacOS setting / infrastructure. My game was repeatedly freezing whenever I changed the resolution, ended up having to go into the text files for the game and change it manually so there maybe something in there that you can manually change to get windowed mode.

Ok, good to know that I'm not the only one having this issue. I would love to hear from any other users struggling to keep the game windowed. I hope SI fix it or at the very least provide a step by step guide on how to fix it in the MacOS settings.

It's really annoying having to sit through the whole startup phase of the game in full screen before being able to change it in the start menu.

Edited by ottey_swe

6 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

Any idea when the winter update is out? Usually mid-Feb isn't it?

6 hours ago, Federico said:

Usually end of Feb/early March

It will be when the Russian and Chinese transfer windows shut which is around the 25th February if I remember correctly.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Domoboy23:

Sweet baby jesus please please please bring back

Being able to see attendances at half time
Being able to see the weather conditions during the game

The last 5 minute possession bar

This does so much for immersion honestly

1st and 2nd can be solved with FLUT Skin ;) the 3rd one...well SI has to do the job.

31 minuti fa, Ewan0404 ha scritto:

It will be when the Russian and Chinese transfer windows shut which is around the 25th February if I remember correctly.

Then the modifications to the database must be tested, so add more days to that date.

On 30/01/2021 at 20:07, CFuller said:

Oh, for sure. I'm not saying this isn't an issue - it's the main reason why I'm still holding off starting my long-term save. But the points I made about ratings last week still stand: they are subjective, so it's very difficult (if not impossible) to get them spot-on.

Anyway, the main point of my post today is that some FMers are holding SI to ridiculously high standards, and that they'll always be disappointed when those standards aren't met.

There will always be bugs in the game - some bigger than others. If we want FM21's bigger bugs to be squashed in this game cycle, it's better to report them through the official channels than just sulk about them. The last thing any of us need is for this feedback thread to degenerate into another sulkathon.

I agree some people hold SI to a ridiculously high standard and there are some complaints I see and just think “don’t they know this is a game”. 
But, and it’s a big but, the point about reporting bugs through the official channels is great and all but when you see the same minor bug from FM 12 in FM 21 then it does leave a bit of a feeling that actually the powers that be aren’t taking on board feedback. 

I made an admittedly sulky post about  the players being pulled away from a cup final to play in meaningless international games bug. My issue wasn’t so much the bug, it’s easily fixed with the in game editor.
My issue was this was a bug reported and I reported it in fm 12. I again did it in FM 19. And numerous others have been reporting it for years and it just clearly gets ignored. 

This is not something as complex as the match engine or AI behaviour. It is a very simple thing and it seems to be a problem every single year. I don’t understand how and why. 
The same for the Christmas/new year English league scheduling. I don’t really get how after several years of numerous people reporting the same thing it isn’t amended.  If it’s actually more complicated and is tough to fix than maybe that can be explained ? 

7 hours ago, iownyou said:

I agree some people hold SI to a ridiculously high standard and there are some complaints I see and just think “don’t they know this is a game”. 
But, and it’s a big but, the point about reporting bugs through the official channels is great and all but when you see the same minor bug from FM 12 in FM 21 then it does leave a bit of a feeling that actually the powers that be aren’t taking on board feedback. 

I made an admittedly sulky post about  the players being pulled away from a cup final to play in meaningless international games bug. My issue wasn’t so much the bug, it’s easily fixed with the in game editor.
My issue was this was a bug reported and I reported it in fm 12. I again did it in FM 19. And numerous others have been reporting it for years and it just clearly gets ignored. 

This is not something as complex as the match engine or AI behaviour. It is a very simple thing and it seems to be a problem every single year. I don’t understand how and why. 
The same for the Christmas/new year English league scheduling. I don’t really get how after several years of numerous people reporting the same thing it isn’t amended.  If it’s actually more complicated and is tough to fix than maybe that can be explained ? 

It’s one of hundreds, if not more. It’s easy to spot bugs that are still present, not so easy to appreciate all of the bugs that HAVE been addressed over the years.

4 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Yes. I believe they have been removed. Can’t remember what to at present but, when looking at analysts, thankfully the game tells me what attribute I should be looking for ...

Thanks mate. I honestly didn't pay attention to the fact that it was gone then remembered about it being in FM20, so I felt I was going insane being absolutely convinced it was still in the game, only just that I couldn't find it 😅 Yeah they have been replaced by 'Analysing Data' now 👍🏻

Edited by Gee_Simpson

My have things changed a lot.  I owned every odd year version from Worldwide Soccer Manager (as they called it in the States that year) '09 through Football Manager '15.  '13 was by far the most played version.  I seem to recall '15 was the first year you actually had a manager profile.  So far, I quite enjoy '21, of course there are a few things I'd like to discuss.  Please bare in mind, I know next to nothing about football.  In fact, most of what I know about it was learned from various iterations of this game, old versions of FIFA (could never go back after playing FM), and the World Cup.

I am on my first career where I started as the lowest level coach possible and unemployed.  It's (starting unemployed) how I've always enjoyed this series the best.  I have 11 hours into the game.  Initially the only job I could get was the Irish U21s head coach or the Austrian U21s.  I took the Irish U21s job.  A few months in, I was able to get a job with Risca United FC.

1)  The social media aspect...  Ugh...  I am a Millennial, but oh how I loathe social media.  As a game feature, it's kind of cool.  I mean, seeing Tweets about my career is very interesting... at least at first.  But then it's just like real life, no matter what you do, you have backers and you have naysayers.  Like real life, I'll read fewer and fewer of these social media posts in game before eventually just ignoring them altogether.  So while I feel it's too bad we are at that point in society that it even bleeds into games, it makes the absolute most sense.

2)  The game still seems too easy.  So let me be fair, in the past, I always try to start with integrity and then eventually resort to cheating (reloading saves until I get the result I want).  So far, I have not reloaded any saves and am going to try and not go down that road.  Risca is a newly promoted team (don't care about my U21s team to be honest and will resign after the first season) and every game I play, the papers say I am a huge underdog.  I threw together a tactic with minimal thought other than I want a strong counter-attacking team.  Before every game, a large number of players complain the formation may expose the backside.  I started out WWWDL.  Now, to be fair, I blew way past my payroll budget and will probably be fired after the first year.  Yet if my initial four game unbeaten streak was due to my improved players, you'd think the bookies would know that and adjust their odds accordingly.  Perhaps it was just dumb luck and my downturn in the past couple matches will be a taste of things to come.  Yet it shouldn't be this easy.  My only job this season is to avoid relegation and I've nearly got enough points to secure that now (not literally, of course... but it won't take many more).

3)  The match fitness/condition icons.  According to a Steam thread I saw, those are new for this year.  Many people say it's more realistic, because what head coach can really look at a player and say he's at 91% and not 85%.  Yet I prefer the argument of ok, but then what coach can look at a player and say his natural fitness is an 18 rather than a 17.  My belief is that contrary to popular opinion, percentages ARE more realistic than the four or five tier emoji system we have now. 

Let's look at it this way.  A coach may not think in probability, but they know their players.  I'm going to make a hockey reference since I know more about that sport.  Coaches in hockey know the fitness of their players and have an estimate of how much TOI (Time On Ice) they can handle per game and rally, per shift.  When a player has been on too long, they get pulled.  Or those with better stamina are played for more minutes.  It should be, I'd think, the same for football.  A coach should know how much time each player can play in a match while also factoring in things such as minor injuries, days between matches, etc.  So while a head coach may not think in percentage, they actually subconsciously do.  And I feel that is what percentages represent far better than heart symbols. 

As for the argument of what do the percentages really mean. That is something each of us learned over the years.  Those who know a lot about football know approximately how many minutes players can go for.  For a novice like me, I do comparisons.  "Ok, my most fit players end the game at around 70%... those are the ones in real life who are one of the 8 who will play a full match."  Thus I determined anything below 70% is reduced ability and the closer they get to 60% or even sub-60%, the more they *need* to be subbed if possible.  As for who to start...  You learn over time how long a 92% player can play for.  Some of them can do an entire match.  Others would drop down to that 60% range and needed to be pulled.  To me, this was a significant downgrade in the game.

4)  Match UI.  I have no idea when this was changed, but I don't like how the game UI looks during a match.  Let's point out, I am a "key plays" person.  It's not like I'd notice anything otherwise.  I liked the old way when there were frequent text updates.  I've slowed them down quite a bit and they still buzz by so fast I cannot read them.  I also am not sure what this xG (hope I got that right) thing is supposed to mean.  I tend to win when I perform poorly on it anyways.  I also preferred it when key plays would show the last play of the match regardless of it it was key or not.

5)  What are they called...  expressions?  You know, like putting hands in pockets and what not.  I'm not sure how I feel about those.  I mean, sure it's cool to have more options, I like putting my arm around a player when I tell him he is about to be cut from the team.  Still, I've always felt shouts, pep talks, etc were just a random mini-game.  I mean, reload a save, use the same pep talk, and notice quite different reactions.  Thus I try to use one that reflects the anger or happiness I am feeling and hope for the best.

Anyways, overall I am really enjoying the game and am glad I bought back in again.  Just thought I'd share my thoughts on it. 

On 05/02/2021 at 10:53, JR866Gunner said:

I am not sure if I am alone with this one but I fired up FM for first time this week and found the 2D match had a bit of a glitch in that when a player is in possesion of the ball you no longer see the ball at all! It disappears underneath the 2D player! This makes it very tricky to follow the play.

I have raised this in one of the bug report sections in these forums but no response or acknowledgement yet. I think I might be alone with this issue!

So this post may sound like a whinge.  It is a whinge.  It is not game breaking or anything, but it is highly irritating and clearly wouldn't happen in real life.

The board accepted an offer for one of my players.  I have no issue with this as I am in debt and it is a high offer for the league I am in.  This would happen in real life.

I ask my airhead of a chairman to renegotiate with a sell on clause.  He agrees.  So the club offer £575,000 plus 20% of next sale plus 50% of profit on next sale.  Fine.  Annoyed I am losing him but I understand and like this feature as it is realistic.

On deadline day, another club offers £575,000 with no clauses and the chairman accepts it and because it is deadline day, I cannot challenge it and he goes for that with no clauses.  Completely unrealistic.

This has been in the game for years now and is still not addressed.  The AI is shocking sometimes.

13 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

So this post may sound like a whinge.  It is a whinge.  It is not game breaking or anything, but it is highly irritating and clearly wouldn't happen in real life.

The board accepted an offer for one of my players.  I have no issue with this as I am in debt and it is a high offer for the league I am in.  This would happen in real life.

I ask my airhead of a chairman to renegotiate with a sell on clause.  He agrees.  So the club offer £575,000 plus 20% of next sale plus 50% of profit on next sale.  Fine.  Annoyed I am losing him but I understand and like this feature as it is realistic.

On deadline day, another club offers £575,000 with no clauses and the chairman accepts it and because it is deadline day, I cannot challenge it and he goes for that with no clauses.  Completely unrealistic.

This has been in the game for years now and is still not addressed.  The AI is shocking sometimes.

Eh, decisions like this seem very realistic to me :D

I am still waiting for the update to balancing of youth/newgen intakes for long term saves and not happy at all that it seems we have to wait 2 more weeks for Chinese and Russian windows to close( who really cares about those ?)

Last year they released 3 major updates in January - March Period, now we have to wait for almost 3 months for a critical aspect to be fixed.  I don't want this to sound too critical, just a bit frustrated since i tend to play one big save and i am starting to notice the lack of players from some regions.