Lost to a teams B team with my first team

I made a new save with Atletico Madrid and for fun I destroyed Arsenals A team using the FM Ingame editor and yet I still lost and got dominated, I started off with a 5-3-2 formation and switched to a 3-3-4 when I was drawing in the 60th minute to this team. This has happened multiple times already. Is there a way to fix this or prevent this?
image.png.c5ff62d70a0dcc19357d3ded4398fe5b.png

image.png

I'm moving this to the tactics forum, since that's where you will need to improve most. Please take a screenshot of your tactic, so perhaps someone can give you some pointers.

Tactical euthanasia, your team being put to sleep, need not be a surprise. As much as I admire the 3-3-4, having seen real world examples, albeit during a youth tournament, it’s AI translation aids and abets a good beating. Even a team of grey players would’ve exposed the flanks and dispatched a few. 

For what it’s worth, during the youth tournament, it was a Swiss outfit who played it. The wingers were the furthest players forward and stayed chalk on boots. The strikers dropped deep and the midfield three were either well spread or compact, with the outer centrehalves defending the flanks. 

Wrote a piece on the match years back and set about working a 3-3-4 in FM at the time. Crikey has time flown by.

Imagined the 3-3-4 would become commonplace. It never did. 

12 hours ago, Guv'nor said:

Wrote a piece on the match years back and set about working a 3-3-4 in FM at the time.

What's the one sentence summary of what fielding a 3-3-4 means? e.g. 442 is two banks of four equidistant protection and theat

21 hours ago, witticism said:

What's the one sentence summary of what fielding a 3-3-4 means? e.g. 442 is two banks of four equidistant protection and theat

Would imagine it depends very much on the vantage point. The “two banks of 3” could be consider a central block, with the front four matching up the opposition’s back line. Or for want of another, “the central block could be considered bull and wide forwards, the horns“. The Bull and Horns perhaps. Brilliant pub of the same name not far from here.