Norsk Tipping-Ligaen(AKA 3. Division)

I already know that although you can see full fixtures etc. for this league, it isn't actually playable(at least when you select your initial club).

However, if you manage a team in the league above and get relegated, can you carry on? I am about to start a journeyman save at Fløya(because i like the idea of starting amateur with no coaching badge), and based on season previews relegation is a real possibility.

22 minutes ago, MysteriousEasternPower said:

However, if you manage a team in the league above and get relegated, can you carry on? I am about to start a journeyman save at Fløya(because i like the idea of starting amateur with no coaching badge), and based on season previews relegation is a real possibility.

Yes, you should be able to play there if you are relegated into it.

On 23/04/2021 at 12:31, XaW said:

Yes, you should be able to play there if you are relegated into it.

Hi there again- I've now managed Fløya through the first full season, and yes we did get relegated, finishing 13th out of 14(with the worst squad in the league, long way even from the second worst, and 1.01 pre-season relegation odds).

Contrary to our assumptions though, I was sacked during the inter-season break(not immediately after last game of the season though, so there's debate) despite having a C+ managerial rating. Very interesting situation indeed.

image.thumb.png.b7fc83cff538d502e0b244ddd3baaee7.pngLeague table for the season is above.

Edited by MysteriousEasternPower
Typo fixing

3 minutes ago, MysteriousEasternPower said:

Hi there again- I've now managed Fløya through the first full season, and yes we did get relegated, finishing 13th out of 14(with the worst squad in the league, long way even from the second worst, and 1.01 pre-season relegation odds).

Contrary to our assumptions though, I was sacked during the inter-season break(not immediately after last game of the season though, so there's debate) despite having a C+ managerial rating. Very interesting situation indeed.

image.thumb.png.b7fc83cff538d502e0b244ddd3baaee7.pngLeague table for the season is above.

Well, you _can_ play there, but if the board want to fire you for getting relegated, that is also a possibility. There could have been changes, but I'm almost certain I kept my job when getting relegated to that tier in FM20. When you are relegated to a non-playable division you are usually fired as soon as that relegation is a fact, so it's quite strange to see you getting booted out during the off-season. You didn't remove the league during the season in the add/remove leagues feature? That's the only suggestion I can think off.

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

Well, you _can_ play there, but if the board want to fire you for getting relegated, that is also a possibility. There could have been changes, but I'm almost certain I kept my job when getting relegated to that tier in FM20. When you are relegated to a non-playable division you are usually fired as soon as that relegation is a fact, so it's quite strange to see you getting booted out during the off-season. You didn't remove the league during the season in the add/remove leagues feature? That's the only suggestion I can think off.

No i didn't. I do agree with you in thinking I did not get sacked for dropping into an un-playable league though. It's just interesting as pre-season expectations were "fighting bravely against relegation". On a positive note for the save though, I went to MFK Zemplin Michalovce in the Slovakian 2nd tier and now I'm on track to a 2nd tier-1st tier-europe jump!

image.thumb.png.374f63e59af8d8755380001adb5f6aed.png

image.thumb.png.27fec0c6ec72070d5303398bf5e835c5.png

Edited by MysteriousEasternPower

3 minutes ago, MysteriousEasternPower said:

No i didn't. I do agree with you in thinking I did not get sacked for dropping into an un-playable league though. It's just interesting as pre-season expectations were "fighting bravely against relegation". On a positive note for the save though, I went to MFK Zemplin Michalovce in the Slovakian 2nd tier and now I'm on track to a 2nd tier-1st tier-europe jump!

image.thumb.png.374f63e59af8d8755380001adb5f6aed.png

image.thumb.png.27fec0c6ec72070d5303398bf5e835c5.png

Sorry for giving you hope in keeping your job, even if the reasons were off!

Good luck in Slovakia, don't think I've managed there for a while, if ever! :D